Author Topic: Mede8er MED500x  (Read 197708 times)

Offline keypool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mede8er MED500x
« Reply #90 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 11:47 AM »
yup how much presyo neto? and between the xtreamer ano mas ok? im eyeing on the xtreamer kasi..

But when comparing price, you also have to add the price of the hard-disk and consider the total price. 

Sa xtreamer, mas mahal ang hard-disk cost mo and max of 1 TB lang.  if you will use an external hard-disk, mas mahal siya compared to using an internal HD (1.5 TB or 2 TB) for the Mede8er. 

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #91 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 12:41 PM »
yup how much presyo neto? and between the xtreamer ano mas ok? im eyeing on the xtreamer kasi..

I will vote for the Mede8er.  Aside from a fast boot up time, it is more stable in acquiring files in an network.  The xtreamer isn't consistent in detecting my NAS.  When it extracts the files through network sometimes it hangs.  I didn't have any of these problems with the Mede8er.

Clondalkin
- mukhang natalo manok natin sa shootout ah.  ;D  But it was redeeming to know that there were some confounding factors that's why this NMT was ranked the lowest in the shootout....kumbaga na-technical lang.   ;) 

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #92 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 12:58 PM »
i think i'm going ahead with my mede8er purchase (any day this week now)

on one hand, i think the mede8er's results should not be admissible because there are doubts.

on the other, without the presence of the mede8er as a buffer, the results of the blind test would have been further skewed if player 1 was made random.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 01:22 PM »
Clondalkin[/b]- mukhang natalo manok natin sa shootout ah.  ;D  But it was redeeming to know that there were some confounding factors that's why this NMT was ranked the lowest in the shootout....kumbaga na-technical lang.   ;) 

Ok lang yon. 

In all honesty, except for the lack of TrueHD support, I cannot fault the Mede8er at all based on my applications, the kinds of files I successfully play on it, and the other devices & equipment (HDTV, AVR, LAN, HDDs) connected to it.   Yeah perhaps there are some differences in image quality between a Sigma powered player and a Realtek one similar to how an FFDshow decoded image differs from that of the more efficient CoreAVC.  But then I haven't really figured that out between the Mede8er and the Egreat 31B.   The only thing certain is that the Egreat 31B is very very stressful in many ways and you just have to live with its limitations.   ;D   

Dati nang feedback na maganda nga raw ang output ng WDTV (the original one) diba?  - and pretty soon, I should be able to confirm from a friendly member if the WDTV is already "Eureka-capable" indeed   ;)    Parang type ko tuloy ang WDTV Live instead na 2nd Mede8er.  hehehe

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 01:44 PM »
Ok lang yon. 

In all honesty, except for the lack of TrueHD support, I cannot fault the Mede8er at all based on my applications, the kinds of files I successfully play on it, and the other devices & equipment (HDTV, AVR, LAN, HDDs) connected to it.   Yeah perhaps there are some differences in image quality between a Sigma powered player and a Realtek one similar to how an FFDshow decoded image differs from that of the more efficient CoreAVC.  But then I haven't really figured that out between the Mede8er and the Egreat 31B.   The only thing certain is that the Egreat 31B is very very stressful in many ways and you just have to live with its limitations.   ;D   

Dati nang feedback na maganda nga raw ang output ng WDTV (the original one) diba?  - and pretty soon, I should be able to confirm from a friendly member if the WDTV is already "Eureka-capable" indeed   ;)    Parang type ko tuloy ang WDTV Live instead na 2nd Mede8er.  hehehe

There you go.  After acquiring better and newer NMTs, I realized that the WDTV really sucks and lacked a lot of features that are essential in a media player. Now with more choices and options, we are more inclined on looking at more features and capabilities rather than just buying a player on the basis of PQ only.  If there are any differences in PQ amongst the players, it is but minimal and non significant as the participants have stated.   ;)

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 145
« Reply #95 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 04:43 PM »
 guys, this kinda OT pero pls. bear with me...How does this Mede8er related to the HDPro?...it looks almost same sans the brand name..what was its differences?...are the performance based on that shootout could also apply to my HDpro? ???

Offline jay2

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #96 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 05:46 PM »

Pulled the trigger bought the mede8er last saturday pagkatapos ng eb kila streetsmart  ;D

bought it because of the fast boot up time compared with other NMT's. And masmaganda itsura nya kaysa sa iba except sa c-200.

Regarding the PQ hindi ko masabi which is which sa shootout except for the first scene and besides hindi calibrated ang bawat isa NMT kaya medyo mahirap talaga ijudge sila. Ithink a simple DVE calibration will do the trick.

Tested it last night and very happy especially yung sample vids/posters sa ibang movies.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 04:20 PM »

Pulled the trigger bought the mede8er last saturday pagkatapos ng eb kila streetsmart  ;D

Hi Jay!
Please check default color TV settings.  Baka naka-PAL out of the box.  Regards

Offline smitfraud

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 05:21 PM »
Sir saan po ako mkakabili nitong Mede8er MED500x at how much

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #99 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 05:38 PM »
Sir saan po ako mkakabili nitong Mede8er MED500x at how much

try ehome at greenhills (see also marketplace section for more details)

Offline smitfraud

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 06:23 PM »
try ehome at greenhills (see also marketplace section for more details)

Sir may number ka ba ng ehome?thanks

Offline mike c

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 06:54 PM »
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline mike c

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 01:00 PM »
questions lang po sa mga mede8er owners.

1) i forgot to format the internal hard drive using the mede8er (i used the pc), movies play fine, pero i'm worried if it adds to the boot time.

2) when booting up, before the main menu, i see on my display the message
"video format not supported, check your source"
but after that the main menu continues on naman, ganon rin ba sa inyo?
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 01:12 PM »
Anybody knows how much is the retail price of the Mede8er? Ehome lang ba ang meron sa Pinas, meron kayang reseller malapit sa Sta Mesa?
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Offline Gsound

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #104 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 01:36 PM »
i saw one at harrison plaza, yung dating Image audio video store. 14,000 for the mede8er unit +1tb hdd. i am also planning to get one, pero also eyeing for PCH A200. any advice? my first time to buy a HD media tank.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM »
questions lang po sa mga mede8er owners.

1) i forgot to format the internal hard drive using the mede8er (i used the pc), movies play fine, pero i'm worried if it adds to the boot time.

2) when booting up, before the main menu, i see on my display the message
"video format not supported, check your source"
but after that the main menu continues on naman, ganon rin ba sa inyo?

Mike, I don't see that display on my Mede8er.  Are you using an internal HDD in your NMT?  I suggest that you format the internal HDD via Mede8er.  I'm using all external drives formatted to NTFS without any problems.  ;)

Offline mike c

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 11:08 AM »
Mike, I don't see that display on my Mede8er.  Are you using an internal HDD in your NMT?  I suggest that you format the internal HDD via Mede8er.  I'm using all external drives formatted to NTFS without any problems.  ;)

i'm currently using an internal drive, but i think the message appeared even before i installed the mede8er.

i was wrong about the message though, it's actually:

"unsupported signal. check your source"

then it disappears to give way to the mede8er main menu.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 01:55 PM »
i'm currently using an internal drive, but i think the message appeared even before i installed the mede8er.

i was wrong about the message though, it's actually:

"unsupported signal. check your source"

then it disappears to give way to the mede8er main menu.

Hula. What is your video output setting (resolution and frequency) and what is your HDTV's video input capability?

May effect yung PAL or NTSC setting sa quality ng image?

Offline mike c

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 02:20 PM »

Hula. What is your video output setting (resolution and frequency) and what is your HDTV's video input capability?

May effect yung PAL or NTSC setting sa quality ng image?

out of the box, NTSC siya e, haven't tried PAL

my display is true 1080p naman

video output setting ng mede8er, ang only option i can change is the 24hz thing (on or off) hindi ko mahanap yung 720p, 1080p options.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline Galactus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Sturmbanfuhrer, Waffen SS
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 04:29 PM »
Hula din.  :D  I don't think its the Mede8er, but your HDTV.

Sometimes kasi, ganun din sa Sammy LCD ko (40B530).  Occasionally, "No Signal" ang sinasabi when I want to watch DVD using my HTIB (HDMI 1).  I simply push the Source or HDMI button on my TV's remote to rotate among the different input sources, and the signal is accepted.
Ein Staat, Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer!

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #110 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 01:11 PM »
Ok lang yon. 

Nag reserve na din ako ng Mede8er kunin sa friday. Although this one will be for my brother in law. If everything goes well kuha din ako ng isa. By the way, fortunately my Egreat 31B plays all of the files (flawlessly) dun sa HDD galing sa iyo. Even the big 1080p and BD rip. Yung Egreat 32B ginagamit sa office mas maganda kasi porma  ;D

You are going home ulit pala this friday. Sayang hindi ako naka order. Next time paguwi mo ulit  :) Sundo din pala ako sa airport sa friday 12 midnight might see you there  ;)

Offline spycedvd

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Apr 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM »
Have you guys noticed how hot the hard disk inside the mede8er becomes after just one movie?  I'm using a 1.5 tb seagate hard disk that came with the mede8er.  The only vents are thru the fan (which feels very weak) and some holes at the bottom of the unit. 

How do I ventilate it kaya?  Is it safe to stand the Mede8er on its side or just place it upside down so the vent holes are exposed?

spycedvd

Offline dyango

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Need Help: Mede8er cant read 1TB HDD
« Reply #112 on: Apr 27, 2010 at 05:33 PM »

Just bought a 2nd hand internal 1tb HDD. Installed it in Mede8er but it cant see the HDD. Before I bought it I have tried it using the egreat m31b and it works fine. Tried connecting it to my computer but the computer is not also seeing the HDD. I also wanted to copy some files from my old HDD.

help naman po mga gurus.

thanks

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Need Help: Mede8er cant read 1TB HDD
« Reply #113 on: Apr 27, 2010 at 06:40 PM »
ano po format ng hdd?

Offline dyango

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Apr 27, 2010 at 07:59 PM »
ano po format ng hdd?

Sir linux po

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Apr 27, 2010 at 08:33 PM »
Sir linux po

Ext2, Ext3? Is your computer's OS in Linux or do you have a utility that can read Linux File System? But I am wondering why Mede8er is not seeing it, I don't have the mede8er but as far as I know it can read linux file system.

Prepare for the worst, probably the drive is dying? Do you have the Egreat that you used for testing? If so please try it again on the Egreat to see if it works?
MaCMeL

Offline ennzo

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Apr 28, 2010 at 05:38 AM »
sir try mo muna sweep yung HD mo....then format mo ng NTFS sa windows...then lagay mo sa MEDE8ER then format mo ulet using the MEDE8ER format utility.. try try lang :)

Offline dyango

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Apr 28, 2010 at 08:14 AM »
sir try mo muna sweep yung HD mo....then format mo ng NTFS sa windows...then lagay mo sa MEDE8ER then format mo ulet using the MEDE8ER format utility.. try try lang :)

Sir pagnireformat ko di ba mabubura yung mga files sayang naman kaya ko binili yung HDD dahil dun sa files nya.

Ext2, Ext3? Is your computer's OS in Linux or do you have a utility that can read Linux File System? But I am wondering why Mede8er is not seeing it, I don't have the mede8er but as far as I know it can read linux file system.

Prepare for the worst, probably the drive is dying? Do you have the Egreat that you used for testing? If so please try it again on the Egreat to see if it works?
Sir yung computer ko ay windows xp ang OS nya. I'll try tonight using my sisters egreat if the files will work, but before I bought it we tested the HDD and it works fine.

Is there a program I can download so the windows can see the linux files so I can transfer/copy the files to another HDD then reformat after?

Thanks

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Apr 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM »
@django,

There are quite a few programs, see below
1. Windows Services  for UNIX Version 3.5
2. Ext2 IFS For Windows
3. DiskInternals Linux Reader

You can google them to find more info, hope that helps :D
MaCMeL

Offline BryanN

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 01:14 PM »
I have read from the Mede8er forum that you have to format it using your mede8er.. another problem is if you're Mede8er is already firmware version 2.++. This means you have to revert back to version 1.++ and then format your HD, and then upgrade your firmware again to version 2.++. That's what I did when I had the same problem that Mede8er couldn't read my HD. I think Mede8er is using Ext3. But somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

The dilemna with that is where you'd temporary store the files on your HD. Perhaps you can ask a friend to lend you their HD first so you could backup your files. Hope this helps.  :)