Author Topic: Mede8er MED500x  (Read 197735 times)

Offline ennzo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mede8er MED500x
« Reply #180 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 02:08 AM »
would there be an issue to upgrade firmware from 2.02 to 3.04??

So dapat tanggal muna internal hard drive? or pwedeng hindi na?

Kindly visit mede8er forum sa net or you can ask the mods they will answer to your query. Thanks

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 10:54 PM »
hehehe ok na i pushed thru with the upgrade yesterday ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #182 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 07:36 AM »
hehehe ok na i pushed thru with the upgrade yesterday ;D

Wag kalimot updates sa amin. Takot kasi ako mag-update..

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 09:04 AM »
Mga Tsip, yung ibang NMT makes tuwang-tuwa ang owners sa endless FW changes...and wala rin katapusang "coming soon".  Kayong binibigyan ng major update ng once every 6 months ay nag-aatubili pa?  hehehe.

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010 at 09:06 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 09:17 AM »
Mga Tsip, yung ibang NMT makes tuwang-tuwa ang owners sa endless FW changes...and wala rin katapusang "coming soon".  Kayong binibigyan ng major update ng once every 6 months ay nag-aatubili pa?  hehehe.

I see nothing wrong kasi sa mede8er ko. Kinda scary baka magloko pa. Plug and play type of guy lang ako sa HT. I won't tweak unless kailangan na. Well probably because i don't feel the urge or the need to upgrade pa.

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 09:47 AM »
hehehe anyways wala naman ganun significant difference sa interface :) konti lang ....

playback is basically the same ..... so if there is nothing wrong don't upgrade nalang muna. :) Ako i did it out of curiosity :P hihihi

so far so good :) lovin every moment of MKV / MP4 / AVI watching

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 09:49 AM »
so far so good :) lovin every moment of MKV / MP4 / AVI watching

Hindi na Silent Movie yung mga pelikulang MP4 at WMV na hindi giniginaw ang mga character?    ;D

Napabilis na ba yung 10 sec boot-up?  hehehe...
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010 at 09:53 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 10:07 AM »
^^^ at version 2.02 palang ... the boot-up is pretty fast naman never noticed na 10 seconds yun ;D

hindi po silent movie sir ..... may volume yun just crank it up :) lalo mga stereo movie files ...... :) pero kanina lang ako nakapag play ng Standard def files so my experience with it is limited to ver 3.0.4 lang

I know what you mean about the Silent movie ;D nangyari kanina kasi ..... akala ko sa firmware ...... i-nup ko lang ang volume (kasi naiset ko before sa +1 lang ;D ) ayus na ehehehe .....

The volume controls does not have any effect sa multichannel movie files like Dolby Digital and DTS .....

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM »
^^^ at version 2.02 palang ... the boot-up is pretty fast naman never noticed na 10 seconds yun ;D

hindi po silent movie sir ..... may volume yun just crank it up :) lalo mga stereo movie files ...... :) pero kanina lang ako nakapag play ng Standard def files so my experience with it is limited to ver 3.0.4 lang

I know what you mean about the Silent movie ;D nangyari kanina kasi ..... akala ko sa firmware ...... i-nup ko lang ang volume (kasi naiset ko before sa +1 lang ;D ) ayus na ehehehe .....

I was just guessing. It could even be faster than 10 secs with only one HDD connected...but definitely wont reach 30 secs unless you connect 3x2TB...hehehe

Oh ganun lang ba ang issue ng mga lintek na hindi sinisipon na yon.  Hindi na ako masyadong maka-concentrate sa ganun because mas natutuwa ako sa cheezy na nagkakantahang teenager recently...hahaha.   Ma-check nga si Giana Juggs tonight...hahaha

Offline spycedvd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM »
I think the Mede8er is very much bang for the buck.  Only major thing missing is TrueHD and DTS-MA but most people (like me) can live without it.  The reason I ended up getting the mede8er is because I was waiting for the popcorn c-200 to arrive. It took such a long time (1 year yata after it was announced?!), that many other brands were able to polish their UI so much so that when the PCH c200 finally became available for purchase locally, the price difference between it (25k vs 8k) and other brands and the seemed not to be worth the extra features.  

Its always tempting to get the latest and the most technologically advanced gadget, but with media players, after all is said and done, isn't the media much more important than the media player?  So I decided to get the very capable Mede8er and splurge the price savings on several TBs of storage.

The only thing I hate about the Mede8er is that my kids and the hubby pay more attention to it than to me.  >:( >:(

spyce  
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM by spycedvd »

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM »
^^ tsk tsk palo ;D

FOr me since my movie files are just plain DTS or AC3 / DD ..... the matter of higher def support is irrelevant for me at the moment .... nice to have but not necessary ;D

just click and enjoy movie watching ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 09:02 PM »
I was just guessing. It could even be faster than 10 secs with only one HDD connected...but definitely wont reach 30 secs unless you connect 3x2TB...hehehe

Oh ganun lang ba ang issue ng mga lintek na hindi sinisipon na yon.  Hindi na ako masyadong maka-concentrate sa ganun because mas natutuwa ako sa cheezy na nagkakantahang teenager recently...hahaha.   Ma-check nga si Giana Juggs tonight...hahaha

May jitter yan jugs sir!!!

In the end, kayo ang sisipunin jan. Baka ibang klaseng sipon.  ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #192 on: Jun 27, 2010 at 06:57 AM »
Updated to V3 yesterday.  Here are the expected added features with the upgraded firmware:

COVER ART PREVIEW

Mede8er has the built in facility to preview cover art and will read folder.jpg and about.jpg inside a folder. All you need to do in order to use this very useful feature is to arrange your collection with each video, in its own folder. Place a JPEG picture together with each movie in the folder and you will be ready to go. You can easily download DVD cover art for your picture or you can use the free program like YAMJ to Mede8er to make your folder.jpg and about.jpg pictures that will contain additional content information such as
Synopsis, Cover, Rating, Year, Actors etc etc.

To view the preview in full screen press the SLOW or A-B button.

PLAY FOLDER

V3 now allows you to play a video file within a folder without the need to open the folder. Just focus on the required folder and press the “Play” button. The first video file found in the folder will be played. The folder play will only work with video files.

PLAY VIDEO FROM COVER ART

With V3 you can play the video directly from the cover art. Zoom the about.jpg by pressing the “slow” or “A-B” button then press Play or Enter to play the video.

WATCHED INDICATOR

V3 is equipped with a watched video indicator feature. To enable this function go to Setup -- Misc -- Watched Indicator and switch it on. Mede8er V3 will mark the Video file with a eye icon once more than 10% of a video has been watched. You can also mark a video as watched or clear the watched icon manually. To do this focus on the file you require to change and press the Menu button. The Menu dialogue screen will be shown on screen and now you can mark the video as watched or remove the watched icon.

LOCK FACILITY

V3 has a built in Lock facility designed to restrict access to certain folders. Mede8er V3 has two lock facility functions ie
a. System access areas such as Hard Drive Format screen and File Manager. (Pin Protection)
b. User Folders (Folder Protection)

You can enable or disable these options in the Setup menu.

CHANGE PIN CODE

The default 4 digit Pin Code is 0000.
To change the Pin Code go to Setup -- Misc -- Password -- You will be prompted to enter the existing pin code. For the first time you must enter the default factory pin ie 0000 then the Pin Code change screen will open. Now enter you new personal 4 digit code by pressing the numbers on your remote. Once you have entered the code press the “ENTER” button on the remote and the new code will be saved.

PIN PROTECTION

Enable Pin Protection to protect access to the Hard Drive Format area and the File Manager functionality. Once the Pin Protection is enabled you will be prompted to enter your personal 4 digit pin code when trying to gain access to these screens.

FOLDER PROTECTION

Folder protection will allow you to protect folders on the Local Hard Drive, USB Drive, SD Card or Network Shares (write enabled shares). To protect a folder focus on the folder and press the Menu button on the remote. Select the Lock icon and the folder will be locked. To unlock a folder focus on the folder and press the Menu button on the remote. Select the Unlock icon and you will be prompted to enter your Pin Code. After the correct code is entered the folder will be Unlocked.

RESET PIN CODE

To reset the Pin Code re-install the V3 firmware and the Pin Code will default back to 0000

PLASMA MODE

The Plasma Mode has been changed on V3. The Plasma control will only change the transparency level of the GUI screens and will not have any effect on the screens during Video Play. The Plasma Mode has been designed for use with Plasma TV’s that are susceptible to still image “burn in”.

AUTOPLAY

V3 allows for automated seamless folder play when the Mede8er is switched on. The autoplay facility is very useful and can turn the Mede8er into a very effective low cost Digital Signage Solution.

Autoplay Function

The Autoplay files can be stored on
a. SD Card
b. USB Drive
c. Local HDD
1. Create a folder in the root of the drive named “Autoplay” (Case Sensitive)
2. Put either video OR audio files into this folder
3. If you require the files to play in order name them as follows
01name
02name
03name
03name
04name
05name
06name
07name
07name
08name
09name
10name
11name
up

Autoplay Operation

On power up the Mede8er will look for the “autoplay” folder and if found it will automatically play the contents of the “autoplay” folder. The contents will be played with the “repeat all” as default.

Icons:

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Jun 27, 2010 at 10:21 AM »
my boss asked me to get 2 units, when i picked it up sa ehome we tried some conert files pero walang audio, the guy said bug sya ng latest firmare, but the posters are really cool pero mas OK na yung complete ang audio kesa sa poster so we decided not to get the latest FW.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #194 on: Jun 27, 2010 at 03:07 PM »
my boss asked me to get 2 units, when i picked it up sa ehome we tried some conert files pero walang audio, the guy said bug sya ng latest firmare, but the posters are really cool pero mas OK na yung complete ang audio kesa sa poster so we decided not to get the latest FW.

Did you just connect the HDMI directly to the TV as source of audio or did you connect it via receiver?

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 04:42 PM »
^^ try mo i-up ang volume ng mede8er .......

i have no problem whatsoever ...... setting lang siguro yan :)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #196 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 06:07 PM »
GREAT! Thanks for the updates!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Jun 30, 2010 at 07:45 AM »
am having problem playing the LOTR 1080P :( naghahang after few minutes of playing ..... eto yung tig 20GB per movie :(

nakahanap ng katapat ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2010 at 07:45 AM by ment »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Jun 30, 2010 at 08:35 AM »
am having problem playing the LOTR 1080P :( naghahang after few minutes of playing ..... eto yung tig 20GB per movie :(

nakahanap ng katapat ;D

1.  Whats the full name of the encode?  Is it Framestor?   Is it the Extended version or recently released Theatrical version?

2.  Try to revert to 2.0.X kaya?

3.  Why are you still watching LOTR sa dinami dami ng puedeng panooring bago?   hahaha.   Biro lang...hehehe

Cheers!

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Jun 30, 2010 at 01:58 PM »
^^^^

1. BDrip po siya ....theatre version ito
2. no need na .... i was able to watch it naman ..... naghahang siya pag i turn the subtitle on
3. hehehe .... hilig ko rerun kaya bagay sa akin media players :P

Offline siggwiz

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #200 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 05:34 PM »
Been using a mede8er for sometime now, like its stability and capable of playing all file formats.  Has anyone already upgraded firmware to 3.04? Thanks for the feedback.

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #201 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 08:02 PM »
^for me no problem so far but i kept files of previous firmware releases just in case :)

Offline toughthrone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 12:10 PM »
to owners of this NMT, i have a few questions:

1. is it possible to attach an external dvdrom so that I can play my burned TV series?
2. is there autoresume? e.g., i watch a tv show halfway, get sleepy, so i turn off the NMT, the next night when i open it will start at the exact point where i closed it?
3. can i attach this to a samsung HT to output 5.1 sounds?

thanks!

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #203 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 12:29 PM »
1. no
2. yes
3. yes

Offline Fox Mulder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #204 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 02:33 PM »
hello mga Gurus,

Would like to seek your views regarding a dilemma I am in right now.

After reading almost all the topics about NMT, I think I can conclude that Mede8er is the way to go. My problem is until now, ayaw ko pa rin sanang pakawalan yung 32" widescreen CRT TV ko. Needless to say this TV is not fullHD ready. This TV has no HDMI input kaya I am planning to use component video lang sana.

Sa tingin nyo mga bosing, OK lang ba to use CRT TV when watching HD videos? Parang bale wala rin ba kahit na 1080p pa yung video kung dito sa "old school" kong TV ko lang naman papanoorin? Or does it  matter since 32" lang naman size nung TV kaya wala masyado difference kahit 1080p yung video?  

And finally, since wala pa nga HDMI yung TV ko, balak ko gamitin ung AVR ko which has 2x HDMI input and 1x HDMI output. Patulong naman kung aandar itong connection na binabalak kong gawin. See below. I plan to do this para sana mas madaling tanggalin yung NMT para mag upload/download ng files kasi 2 cable lang ang nakakabit sa kanya.

For video
Mede8er HDMI OUT----------- ------>   AVR HDMI IN
                                                         AVR Component OUT--------->TV Component IN

For Audio
Mede8er Coax OUT------------------>   AVR Coax IN
                                                         AVR 5.1 out ----------------->to speakers

TIA

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2010 at 02:35 PM by Fox Mulder »

Offline RastaSega

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 03:02 PM »
if your tv supports 720p then that's fine. Hi def parin naman ang tv mo.

As for your connection. well it depends on the receiver. Usually kasi yung entry level receiver what you put in is what you can pull out. Example kung hdmi in po pinasok, dapat hdmi out ka. Some can't mix and match

Offline Fox Mulder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 03:17 PM »
if your tv supports 720p then that's fine. Hi def parin naman ang tv mo.

As for your connection. well it depends on the receiver. Usually kasi yung entry level receiver what you put in is what you can pull out. Example kung hdmi in po pinasok, dapat hdmi out ka. Some can't mix and match

Yes sir, the TV supports 720p.

Nakupo, baka sa AVR pa ako magka problema ah. Yammy RXV-365 yung AVR ko and I am not sure kung kaya nito mag mix and match. :(.

Offline RastaSega

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 03:37 PM »
di naman malaking problema

the mede8er has component out. plug that in to your receiver and use component out of your receiver.

btw the mede8er has component cables included in the package

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 04:08 PM »
Sir Fox Mulder, if i may add on sir Rasta Sega's Comment...

You can connect your TV to your nmt via component (for video processing), if your tv is a Japan surplus, im sure it has a D-Terminal at the back (labeled as D1, D2, D3, or D4, the higher it is, the higher the resolution it can support), if you can find a D to Component cable (a video cable that has a component (RGB type) at the end of it and a socket for D-terminal at the other end), that's better, you can maximize the the resolution of the TV... as for the audio naman, as long as your NMT can support Coax or Optical toslink, then that's fine, you don't have to worry about the HDMI connection on your Receiver.

Goodluck bro ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2010 at 04:09 PM by reynold »
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Fox Mulder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 03:58 PM »
thanks for the inputs from RastaSega and reynold!!!