Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 156834 times)

Offline rcci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
also experienced some AVI does not have audio.  but when play in my computer no problem naman.
Harbeth Compact 7-es3

Offline Gsound

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
pero i haven't tried it connecting to a receiver, we'll  try it later kung gagana.

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Some avi's just don't work with nmt players. What I do is re-encode them using divx converter for them to play properly

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42

As for HD Audio.

Still IFFY.

At the moment the Simple BD implementation (using BDMV folder structures) can only send Core Audio to your AVR. The C-200 doesn't have this problem AFAIK.

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
As for HD Audio.

Still IFFY.

At the moment the Simple BD implementation (using BDMV folder structures) can only send Core Audio to your AVR. The C-200 doesn't have this problem AFAIK.

With the latest firmware, the only time i get core DTS or Dolby is with single file M2TS.

HD audio is passed through perfectly when in BDMV and ISO format on all my files.

The solutiont to get  HD audio from a single M2TS file is to put them in a BDMV file structure.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2010 at 04:57 PM by Beefy »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Good for you.

I'm gonna stick it out and wait.

I don't like to do fancy remuxing.

For me, if it can't play from straight Bluray rips to standard structures, it's not worth it.

I even have Bluray in ISO format that doesn't work except for basic DTS/DD.

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
With the latest firmware, the only time i get core DTS or Dolby is with single file M2TS.

HD audio is passed through perfectly when in BDMV and ISO format on all my files.

The solutiont to get  HD audio from a single M2TS file is to put them in a BDMV file structure.

Doc ang galing mo nakakaturn on.  ;)

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Doc ang galing mo nakakaturn on.  ;)

Upgrade ka na kasi panay Bass lang gusto mo eh  ;)

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

sir,

how about MKV files na Remux with HD Audio. ok ba?
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
I don't think there is any player as of the moment that can play and decode HD audio on MKVs.

I can only get the video to play no audio if only HD audio is on the MKV file.

I also tried MKV with both dolby and dolby trueHD in it and only the dolby core was recognized
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2010 at 10:28 PM by Beefy »

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
I don't think there is any player as of the moment that can play and decode HD audio on MKVs.

I also tried MKV with both dolby and dolby trueHD in it and only the dolby core was recognized

thanks for the info sir Beefy. much appreciated.  ;)
am saving up to buy this unit.
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Update:

At some point in time, Hard Drives get filled up. It's always been a dilemma since I started using media players and getting rid of discs.

I actually contemplated doing the following;

1. Buy a dedicated NAS device
2. Start erasing content *gasp*
3. Buy more external drives

Luckily after mulling over the problem a couple of days I figured that what I wanted was some way to easily add/remove storage to the A-200.

Basically it's a trayless SATA enclosure with USB.

- Cheaper than a NAS (A-200 already has built-in NFS server anyway)
- Accepts Internal SATA drives which are cheaper than external units (got a 1TB WD for 4.1k for it)

I tried it out last night and it was great. I open the door and the internal drive pops out. A-200 maintains the same network share when I pop in another 1TB drive.

The fun part is making a YAMJ Jukebox in each 1TB drive so that when I put in the disk, the jukebox will change accordingly depending on what drive is mounted.

The enclosure costs P 2,300.00 so this feature which was unique to the C-200 can be had for the A-200.

Plus of course since PCH units have NFS, drives can be accessed by other gear in my home lan (xtreamer, imac, laptop).

Ask ko lang sir can this only support up to 1 TB 3.5HDDs or pwede din 1.5TB and 2 TB HDs. Thanks.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

He he he...

Actually the A-110 can BUT hindi siya standardized meaning you need 1 program to make it work with DTS-MA and a different one if the Audio track is Dolby TrueHD. Kaya nga puro caveat "workaround" lang yung older models kasi MKV didn't officially support lossless audio tracks sa container until December 2009.

The real standard IMHO is if it can play straight m2ts with HD audio track without special workarounds or play straight Bluray ISOs or BDMV folders. Until I see a player that can do that reliably, beefy is right... there is NO media player that can do HD Audio "reliably".

Ask ko lang sir can this only support up to 1 TB 3.5HDDs or pwede din 1.5TB and 2 TB HDs. Thanks.

I read somewhere pwede.. but best to be sure and bring your own HD to test before you hand over cash :)

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
He he he...

Actually the A-110 can BUT hindi siya standardized meaning you need 1 program to make it work with DTS-MA and a different one if the Audio track is Dolby TrueHD. Kaya nga puro caveat "workaround" lang yung older models kasi MKV didn't officially support lossless audio tracks sa container until December 2009.

The real standard IMHO is if it can play straight m2ts with HD audio track without special workarounds or play straight Bluray ISOs or BDMV folders. Until I see a player that can do that reliably, beefy is right... there is NO media player that can do HD Audio "reliably".

I read somewhere pwede.. but best to be sure and bring your own HD to test before you hand over cash :)

Thanks Scifi-fan

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
He he he...

SciFi, what program are you talking about so the A110 can play MKV and bitstream HD audio? I'd like to try it on my egreats.

I have finally experienced your problem with Bluray structure. Currently I have 25 1:1 BD rips and the latest one I got, Sherlock holmes (42GB), with  BDMV structure, won't give me any bluray menus nor HD audio..just core audio...

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010 at 11:04 AM by Beefy »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I'm sorry... I keep effing forgetting it's m2ts pala not MKV. My mind wanders a bit with too much information :)

MKV + TrueHD or DTS-MA will NOT work even with VLC :(

As for HD Audio sa A-200.. agreed. It's not as reliable as I would want. Feeling ko kasi talaga dapat tumakbo sa media player ang straight ISO or BDMV without additional programs kasi imagine the inconvenience having to re-encode your ISOs over and over whatever player comes out.

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Single M2TS files with DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD works perfectly with no alterations or remuxing on NMTs with Sigma SMP8635 chipsets  ;)

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yes... you're absolutely right.

Now I miss the A-110 ha ha ha ha!

Offline Gsound

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
ever since i upgraded my a200 to its new firmware, parang hindi ako maka open ng streaming videos, has anyone experience the same problem? ang sabi nila depende sa speed ng internet, pero dati kaya naman. tnx

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I set the size of the video to small. I think you can select the size of the stream from HD to Small using the colored buttons sa remote.

I'm actually having lots of fun trying the Appcenter and the MSP Community. In the A-100/A-110 medyo nilangaw sa akin yung features na yan pero on the faster 200 series, it's actually worth it.

I watch HD Nation from the popcorn now instead of a PC.

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
It depends on your internet connection. I've yet to encounter any stuttering with the channels I choose.

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Has anybody sucessfully installed theier YAMJ in thier a-200 because I have a problem... I followed everything in the instructions in the NMT wiki to the letter. And everything was fine. I already have my index. but the problem is when I click any movie and the play button appears with the movie description I tried playing it by pressing enter and it wont play. tried the play button and it also wont play.

What do you think is wrong? Help is greatly appreciated folks.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Has anybody sucessfully installed theier YAMJ in thier a-200 because I have a problem... I followed everything in the instructions in the NMT wiki to the letter. And everything was fine. I already have my index. but the problem is when I click any movie and the play button appears with the movie description I tried playing it by pressing enter and it wont play. tried the play button and it also wont play.

What do you think is wrong? Help is greatly appreciated folks.

That's the library.xml file that's the problem.

Here's mine...
Code: [Select]
<libraries>
    <library>
        <path>/Volumes/USB_DRIVE_B-1/</path>
        <playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/USB_DRIVE_B-1/</playerpath>
        <exclude name="sample,tmp/,temp/,RECYCLE.BIN/,user_font/"/>
        <description></description>
        <prebuf></prebuf>
        <scrapeLibrary>true</scrapeLibrary>
    </library>

</libraries>

Take special note of the path and playerpath statements.

In my case my content was on USB_DRIVE_B1

the path defines how your YAMJ will find the content.
the playerpath defines how your YAMJ will find the fileplayer vis-a-vis the path.

I prefer to store the jukebox itself where the content is so if I have 3 hard drives with movies, each one of them has a jukebox.

Some prefer to make just 1 big jukebox stored on the internal HD. I prefer seperate.

When I run YAMJ I set the output to the root directory of USB_DRIVE_B1 mounted on the PC running YAMJ either as a NFS or SAMBA share.

Also if one is really new at this web programming stuff.. make it easy first by testing with just 1 movie in your path. Since it takes hours to generate a full 1TB drive worth of movies, every test will take hours so I prefer you take it easy by just testing with 1 movie directory first. Once na-gets mo na... then it'll be easier to generate a full jukebox.

Also to make your life easier, make sure each movie directory has a .NFO file in it and in that file is the imdb url to make the jukebox work better and not find wrong movies.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2010 at 09:02 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Looks like a path problem. Just run YAMJ gui config again and make sure you choose the correct option on the "My video files are on". If it's an external drive, just play around with the two choices USB_DRIVE_A-1 or USB_DRIVE_B-1. After, run My_yamj

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yup..

It took me some sleepness nights to figure it out BUT when I did... oh joy!

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2010 at 09:19 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I am using an internal 2 TB hardrive pare, what option should I choose?

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

In your library.xml

<playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK/Video/</playerpath>

That will be the path for the internal drive.... if your internal has subdirectories, you can extend the playerpath further...

Ex;

file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK/Video/Downloads <--- only the files in downloads
file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK/Video/Photos <--- only the files in photos etc

This is for the A-200 and C-200 only... A-100/A-110 users have a different path as found sa google code.

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/NMTRootPaths

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

In your library.xml

<playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK/Video/</playerpath>

That will be the path for the internal drive.... if your internal has subdirectories, you can extend the playerpath further...

Ex;

file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK/Video/Downloads <--- only the files in downloads
file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK/Video/Photos <--- only the files in photos etc

This is for the A-200 and C-200 only... A-100/A-110 users have a different path as found sa google code.

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/NMTRootPaths

Thanks scifi will try this...

Offline Gsound

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
WOW! very nice, scifi-fan, pero, paano ginagawa yan? sorry, pero talagang , no idea. thanks for the tip regarding streaming, subukan ko mamaya. thank you again. sana magawa ko.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
WOW! very nice, scifi-fan, pero, paano ginagawa yan? sorry, pero talagang , no idea. thanks for the tip regarding streaming, subukan ko mamaya. thank you again. sana magawa ko.

Thanks...

medyo version 4 na yung mga jukeboxes ko so malayo na sa stock install :)

For YAMJ virgins I recommend this thread;

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=34371

When you're setting up your 1st jukebox, always start with a few movies lang first in the drive para mabilis mag-compile and find errors.

Also, make sure your files are named properly....

Don't store your files like so;

Wolverine.mkv
Snow White.mkv

Always make it descriptive according to "internet/torrent" rules so YAMJ detects it.

For the above examples the names for the files are;

xmen.origins.wolverine.x264.dts.720p.bluray.mkv
snow.white.x264.ac3.1080p.bluray.mkv

And ALWAYS accompany it with the proper .nfo files. It will make seaching the imdb database faster.