Author Topic: Xtreamer Pro Media Player & Streamer - with dual 3.5" drive bays, eSATA and more  (Read 61489 times)

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Normally, kung aac ang sound output, ang lumalabas na automatic sound setup for an avr is pro-logic, or stereo sound lang talaga.

Offline eoman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Question lang.

Kasya ba yung 2TB na WD Caviar Green sa Xtreamer Pro? Pag ka tingin ko kasi sa spec ng WDGreen 4" and width nya.

Offline DYC

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Yes kasya. standard ang size ng mga HDD

Offline Spartacus™

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
does this NMT has to be brand specific on HDD? shoud it be 7200 rpm?
...be more like me and be less like you.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
When it comes to media players, 7200 rpm is unnecessary and just causes higher electricity consumption, higher heat and noise.

A green drive is preferred.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
Will a 7200rpm drive provide a faster response to Movie Jukebox navigation as compared to a 5400rpm drive?

Have somebody tried this yet?

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
IMHO, no...

The bulk of the perceived sluggishness is due to the limited computing resources it has. You have to realize these devices are using chips intended for standalone bluray players so trying to stuff applications in them that are best done on PCs are stretching their intended design.

Hence given the finite computing resources available on the device, the only avenue left to the developers is to either optimize the code some more or strip out extraneous features that cause sluggishness in the UI.

Offline lakay77

• Collector
  • Liked:
update ko lang ito

Offline glaks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
brader, tanong ko lang kung meron nakapag patakbo ng external Blu Ray Rom sa extreamer pro nila. kung meron na plug in play lang po ba?

maraming salamat

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
am planning to buy the xtreamer pro this coming weekend, may known problems ba itong unit na eto when it comes to playing 1080p files and other formats like m2ts, wmv, etc?
also, ano bang latest firmware and where can i download one?

thank you
shuffle up and deal!

Offline cianzepol

• Collector
  • Liked:
meron na po ba ixtreamer dito sa pinas?
PSN: cianzepol

Offline jjphat

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hope you guys can shed light on this issue:

Out of the box, my Pro had a FW ver. 2.3.4. I connected my external DVD and I was able to play my DVD movies via the Media Library. Then I upgraded my FW to 2.5.2. After upgrading I can no longer access my DVD through the Media Library. The Xtreamer recognizes the disc if I insert a DVD movie in the drive tray but I can't play it through the Media Library. I tried the emergency install but it did not help. Apparently downgrading my FW to 2.4.x doesn't help either.

I had to downgrade all the way to ver. 2.3.3 to have DVD access in the Media Library. It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the newest firmware version though. Help!

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
How come this media player has HDD switch behind it? A and B.

Does it mean that only 1 hard drive can function any time?

???

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
The A and B switch is for drive selection when you connect to a pc the esata cable, the xtreamer pro acts like an external drive of your PC.

Otherwise in normal use you have access to both drives when using it to view movies

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Guys, need your inputs.

Tried upgrading my firmware to the latest one 2.5.4.

followed the instructions to the letter but once i ran the upgrade and chose the file, the system reboots. Then the Xtremer splash screen and thats it... wont go anywhere after that. Remote wont work.

Waited like forever then decided to power off. When the system restarted, the old version 2.3.x is still there.

Reason for upgrading firmware, some files plays without video.  ???

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hah! Got it working at last!

Patience is indeed a virtue.  :)

Offline dvven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
xtreamer pro
« Reply #166 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM »

gandang araw po!

ask ko lang kung supported ba talaga ng Xtreamer pro yong DLNA, like pede ko syang ma access directly from TV na connected sa network.

Sa ibang PC kasi nakkita sya and was able to copy from and to sa Xtreamer pro, pero sa TV walang nalabas.

salamat po

Offline dvven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

accessible po ba xtreamer pro using TV (DLNA) ?

sorry if i made a new topic kanina...

thanks

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Hah! Got it working at last!

Patience is indeed a virtue.  :)

How'd you do it bro?
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
redownloaded the firmware and extracted the file to a known good flash drive that is formatted to fat32.

But thats after letting the xtreamer rest for more than a day, no connection whatsoever.

Reconnected the basics, hdmi, power and the flash drive (behind the xtreamer), and booted up.

Started the firmware update and thats it. Initially, i thought it was going to hang once again on the flash screen but after about 5 to 10 seconds, the progress bar started and thats when i know its going to work.

:)

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Updated the firmware to 2.6.0

Drive bays now supports 3Tb hdd. For external drives 2Tb remains.

Also got the DTS HDMA and Digital True HD working! Nice!

;)

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
Thanks sir for the update on 2.6.0.  I encountered  problems with muted sounds and unexpected fast forwarding on some Blueray rips with DTSMA and TRUEHD.   I'll try it tonight  ;D.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2011 at 09:58 PM by comet »

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
Updated the firmware to 2.6.0

Drive bays now supports 3Tb hdd. For external drives 2Tb remains.

Also got the DTS HDMA and Digital True HD working! Nice!

;)

how did you make it work bro... it's still not downmixing to a dts(still prologic on my yamaha receiver) on my xtreamer SW even though it's already updated to 2.6.0. tia.

all of my movies with dts hdma and truehd are not being downmixed by my Xtreamer SW to a dts/dd to my yamaha receiver. is this a firmware issue?

btw, i use optical connection for my sound.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2011 at 10:50 PM by vortex1 »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
all of my movies with dts hdma and truehd are not being downmixed by my Xtreamer SW to a dts/dd to my yamaha receiver. is this a firmware issue?

Baka kaya this is the reason why the Realtek 1073 Mede8er is giving 2 options for FW upgrade - with HD audio (via HDMI) or without HD audio (via optical)?  Is there an option to disable sound output via HDMI?

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
how did you make it work bro... it's still not downmixing to a dts(still prologic on my yamaha receiver) on my xtreamer SW even though it's already updated to 2.6.0. tia.

Hi Vortex upgraded to 2.6.0 last night, and it was able to solve my problems with DTSMA/TRUEHD except for a few bluray rips that would still not show TRUEHD on my receiver and would be downmixed as Dolby Digital.  Maybe on the next firmware everything will be fine.  Were  you able to try changing the AV settings from DTSHD/TRUEHD/DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS to DTS/dolby digital? I'm not sure if the HD audios can pass thru optical connection because I''m currently using HDMI.  If I have time I'll try an optical connection and see if this a connection problem.

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
Baka kaya this is the reason why the Realtek 1073 Mede8er is giving 2 options for FW upgrade - with HD audio (via HDMI) or without HD audio (via optical)?  Is there an option to disable sound output via HDMI?

yes bro. i already disabled it. optical na lang talaga ang connection ko sa sound. yung hdmi connected sa lcd as video lang.

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hi Vortex upgraded to 2.6.0 last night, and it was able to solve my problems with DTSMA/TRUEHD except for a few bluray rips that would still not show TRUEHD on my receiver and would be downmixed as Dolby Digital.  Maybe on the next firmware everything will be fine.  Were  you able to try changing the AV settings from DTSHD/TRUEHD/DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS to DTS/dolby digital? I'm not sure if the HD audios can pass thru optical connection because I''m currently using HDMI.  If I have time I'll try an optical connection and see if this a connection problem.

yes bro. baka sa next firmware na talaga to maayos. tnx.

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I already tried changing the following settings to simulate yours:
HDMI disabled
changed HDMI to optical
on xtreamer pro: maintained the HDaudiosettings(Dolby TRUEHD/DTSHD Dolby +)

Using the optical connection, I tried a bluray rip with DTSHD and my receiver goes into the direct mode, sounds are replaced by a white noise. With a bluray rip with TRUEHD, it was able to downmix to dolby digital.  I went back to HDMI connection and everything went back to normal. 

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
I already tried changing the following settings to simulate yours:
HDMI disabled
changed HDMI to optical
on xtreamer pro: maintained the HDaudiosettings(Dolby TRUEHD/DTSHD Dolby +)

Using the optical connection, I tried a bluray rip with DTSHD and my receiver goes into the direct mode, sounds are replaced by a white noise. With a bluray rip with TRUEHD, it was able to downmix to dolby digital.  I went back to HDMI connection and everything went back to normal. 

thanks sir.I'm only using the Sidewinder bro. hindi kaya sa unit yun? pero the specs for SW says it can support DTSMA and TrueHD. hayy sana nag PRO na lang ako kung alam ko lang.

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Guys, True HD and DTS HDMA can only be reproduced from an HDMI connection. You will need an HDMI connected from your Xtreamer pro to your receiver and from your receiver to your LCD/Plasma/LED or Projector.

2nd, to reproduce the HD audio enable the night mode from the A/V settings.

;)