Author Topic: Xtreamer Pro Media Player & Streamer - with dual 3.5" drive bays, eSATA and more  (Read 61374 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Check out www.xtreamer.net to learn more about the new Xtreamer Pro.
The factory commences shipments in mid-March.

Offline francisco22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Very nice...may price na tayo? ;D

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
What chipset does this use?

Also, mga up to 2k premium max lang ba over the Xtreamer?  ;D

Seeing as the price is 99EU for old customers, the same price, that would be the same price as the current Xtreamer? 149EU for new customers, so indeed a 50% premium?

Owell hopefully lower.  :(
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM by vx2 »

Offline DYC

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
wow nice. :)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
sayang, di pa ginawa gigabit yung ethernet.. :(

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
there's a promo indicating that it will be 99 euros for xtreamer owners ...hope this applies to us :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline paparazzi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Please allow me to express my disappointment...

The current model of Xtreamer (2.5") promised "DTS MA passthrough in a future firmware upgrade."

However, the latest press release (PDF) by Xtreamer clearly states that the current models of Xtreamer will NEVER get DTS MA passthrough but they will get Dolby TrueHD passthrough. They are offering a 50 euro rebate for current Xtreamer owners to upgrade to the Xtreamer Pro which will support DTS MA passthrough.

Though the explanation is logical to me (licensing crap), I am deeply disappointed at the false advertising and empty promises.

I sure hope that the promo of a discounted price to current Xtreamer owners upgrading to a Pro will also be made available here in the Philippines.

I love my Xtreamer but I cannot help but feel a sense of betrayal. Not for anything but if something was promised for the current model - shouldn't it be delivered AS PROMISED?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
there's a promo indicating that it will be 99 euros for xtreamer owners ...hope this applies to us :)

i read the q&a part and based on what they said is they will only offer the 99 euro price online. and anybody regardless of where their unit came from can just register and get that price + 25 euro shipping. tax and other fees not included.

and after the special online sale which will end april 30, the price will now be 149 euro and will now be made available to their local partners / distributors.

hope our distributors can bring down the actual price. not 99 euros but hopefully same as their initial price but all in already.  :)

imagine the pro + etrayz, 8tb of media!!!  and they promise hd audio pass through on day 1 (sure for dolby truhd, and a little late for dts ma)

;D

Offline MaCMeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
They could have well released the FW 3.0 before releasing the PRo model. I am just afraid that the early adopters of the Xtreamer will be left behind giving priority to the newer model.

Anyway, the PRO model look more of a combination of the Etrayz+Xtreamer ;)

I'll probably visit sir Eric if they have in stock when my family goes for the annual leave ;)
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11

imagine the pro + etrayz, 8tb of media!!!  and they promise hd audio pass through on day 1 (sure for dolby truhd, and a little late for dts ma)

;D

I agree! thats a lot of content! 8TB

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
They could have well released the FW 3.0 before releasing the PRo model. I am just afraid that the early adopters of the Xtreamer will be left behind giving priority to the newer model.

Anyway, the PRO model look more of a combination of the Etrayz+Xtreamer ;)

I'll probably visit sir Eric if they have in stock when my family goes for the annual leave ;)

that's always the case in launching new models.

yup, the pro sure look like the etrayz. but using them both sounds great too. as i said its 8tb of storage. have not check the dimensions though, but hope they are more or less the same. that two would look great on an av rack.  ;)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
What chipset does this use?

Also, mga up to 2k premium max lang ba over the Xtreamer?  ;D

Seeing as the price is 99EU for old customers, the same price, that would be the same price as the current Xtreamer? 149EU for new customers, so indeed a 50% premium?

Owell hopefully lower.  :(

No way that the premium for the Pro will be just P2K over the 2.5"model.
Unless we decide to lose money on every transaction! :P

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Haha. Wishful thinking.

Hopefully the original Xtreamer drops in price.  ;D

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6

The current model of Xtreamer (2.5") promised "DTS MA passthrough in a future firmware upgrade."

However, the latest press release (PDF) by Xtreamer clearly states that the current models of Xtreamer will NEVER get DTS MA passthrough but they will get Dolby TrueHD passthrough. They are offering a 50 euro rebate for current Xtreamer owners to upgrade to the Xtreamer Pro which will support DTS MA passthrough.

Though the explanation is logical to me (licensing crap), I am deeply disappointed at the false advertising and empty promises.

I sure hope that the promo of a discounted price to current Xtreamer owners upgrading to a Pro will also be made available here in the Philippines.

I love my Xtreamer but I cannot help but feel a sense of betrayal. Not for anything but if something was promised for the current model - shouldn't it be delivered AS PROMISED?

As a 3x buyer of the Xtreamer my butt hurts :)

Parang lumalabas na yung firmware update allows companies to release products with less features. The  consumer then hopes that future firmware updates will give them the promised features. If it doesn't happen then "ooops" nalang?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

Yeah, it's a disappointment to everybody - because it was a promised feature
and because some customers' home theater rigs really support HD Audio.

To be fair, we should lay the blame at the right doorstep... if I understand
correctly, it is REALTEK (the chipset manufacturer) who touted this capability
and who are supposed to secure the necessary licensing for DTS MA.  I don't
know if there is much that MVIX (Xtreamer) can do; other media player manu-
facturers who use the same Realtek chipset are apparently in the same situation.

In the various home theater fora, you can read about how other manufacturers
of Realtek-based players are having to alter their specs because of this.

Offline paparazzi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Sir Bitstream, to me the solution for this entire problem is simple...

Xtreamer should offer the 50euro rebate for the Pro model REGARDLESS of where consumers bought their 1st Generation Xtreamer units.

Whether units were bought online through the Xtreamer store or through regional distributors or vendors shouldn't matter. People bought these Xtreamers for what it could do or what it claimed it could do. And if the rebate is only available for purchases made from the Xtreamer online store, that very unfair to those who did not buy their units from the Xtreamer online store.

The people who bought from vendors or retailers have just as much rights to enjoying a promised feature as those who bought from the online Xtreamer store.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Xtreamer Pro promises nice features, masyado lang bulky and won't look nice installed with the rest of our AV gear in the rack...unless katabi ng AVR hehe!
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2010 at 04:38 PM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:

Xtreamer should offer the 50euro rebate for the Pro model REGARDLESS of where consumers bought their 1st Generation Xtreamer units.

Whether units were bought online through the Xtreamer store or through regional distributors or vendors shouldn't matter. People bought these Xtreamers for what it could do or what it claimed it could do. And if the rebate is only available for purchases made from the Xtreamer online store, that very unfair to those who did not buy their units from the Xtreamer online store.

sir, i think they will accept it, based on what i have read on their q&a, all you need is to register on their site and give them the serial number of your xtreamer and you are entitled to the euro 99 price of the pro, problem is, they will only accept online pre-order until april 30,2010.

and add to the euro 99 is the euro 25 it will cost for shipping. and last but not the least is if you have it ship to the philippines you have to deal with tax too. so all in all it may go up to euro 149 by the time you get your hands on the xtreamer, and you dont get warranty for the unit unless you ship it back to them for it.

that is why i am hoping that our local ditributors will be able to match the euro 149 offer (all-in) when they launch here. because they more or less were able to do it with the gen1 xtreamer and etrayz.

although i know where you are coming from. it would have been nice if they will allow the local distributors to offer the 99 euro unit, rather than getting it online from them. but i guess they are just trying to control the offer.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
Xtreamer Pro promises nice features, masyado lang bulky and won't look nice installed with the rest of our AV gear in the rack...unless katabi ng AVR hehe!

ganda rin yan brader ditoy, basta may etrayz na katabi.  para may ka-twin sya ;D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Sir Bitstream, to me the solution for this entire problem is simple...

I've contacted "Xtreamer Admin" to request clarification.

I agree we should all have the same rights.  Just consider that the starting price (Xtreamer online retail) versus local selling price are different.  Xtreamer gave us discounts for buying in bulk, which we have passed on to you.  Let's see how they reply to my query.  They may very well allow you to order online with the discount.  You just have to be ready to pay for shipping, taxes and duties, etc.

The people who bought from vendors or retailers have just as much rights to enjoying a promised feature as those who bought from the online Xtreamer store.

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
wow nice item for upgrade!

yeah hopefully we get discounts and rebates, we were a bit overpriced during the 1st release.......nakakahiya since i endorsed it to several friends.

btw, i also noticed that some features don't work anymore after a firmware upgrade. :(
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2010 at 06:48 PM by XmeTaL »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer Pro - Special Offer for old customers
« Reply #21 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 01:58 PM »
Good news for all Xtreamer owners!

Due to Realtek's licensing issue with 7.1 channel pass-through,
Xtreamer would like to do something for you, to say thanks for your
continued support and understanding.

“Xtreamer Admin” gave me confirmation that you’re eligible for the
Xtreamer Pro Special Offer (visit Shop at www.xtreamer.net).

This special offer is only available online; your orders must be shipped
directly to you from Hong Kong.  (Just in case you were wondering,
you can't pick up the goods in HK.)

You are responsible for the cost of shipping and taxes. Goods will be
shipped door-to-door through DHL.

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2010 at 01:53 PM by Bitstream »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
wow nice item for upgrade!

yeah hopefully we get discounts and rebates, we were a bit overpriced during the 1st release.......nakakahiya since i endorsed it to several friends.

btw, i also noticed that some features don't work anymore after a firmware upgrade. :(

Hi XmeTaL  -- as with all other electronic products, prices do tend to go down over time.  It's the same with cameras, computers, mobile phones, VCR's, game consoles, televisions, etc.  Personally, I don't think there's anything "nakakahiya" about having endorsed it to friends; it was a fair price at that time (half the cost of an NMT... and it still is today, as NMT's have dropped in price too). 

"Early adopters" like you and me generally pay more for the latest equipment.  I hope you won't feel too bad about being among the first in line for the Xtreamer. 

Offline paparazzi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer Pro - Special Offer for old customers
« Reply #23 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 03:40 PM »
Good news for those of all Xtreamer owners!

directly to you from Hong Kong.  (Just in case you were wondering,

Great to hear this, Bitstream! Thanks!

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #24 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 08:18 PM »
Good news for those of all Xtreamer owners!

directly to you from Hong Kong.  (Just in case you were wondering,

I am interested in getting one. Would it be possible to consolidate the order and have it shipped through you other orders?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2010 at 04:09 AM »
I am interested in getting one. Would it be possible to consolidate the order and have it shipped through you other orders?

Nope. I asked about that.

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Hi XmeTaL  -- as with all other electronic products, prices do tend to go down over time.  It's the same with cameras, computers, mobile phones, VCR's, game consoles, televisions, etc.  Personally, I don't think there's anything "nakakahiya" about having endorsed it to friends; it was a fair price at that time (half the cost of an NMT... and it still is today, as NMT's have dropped in price too). 

"Early adopters" like you and me generally pay more for the latest equipment.  I hope you won't feel too bad about being among the first in line for the Xtreamer. 

I am an early adopter too..and I feel bad..bought it a price na dapat me antennae na..bumaba price in a span of 1-2 months? plus the promised features are not delivered..yun nga betrayed..been hoping that the jukebox in 3.0 will erase all my disappointments..ok stop rant..advance congrats to future xtps owners

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:

actually it's fine with me but it's a different story and reaction coming from the people that i made endorsements with.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
I haven't owned any NMT yet. Should i wait for the xtreamer pro?

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
any update on this Eric?  ;)
The handsomest and the happiest ;b