Author Topic: LG 37LD460  (Read 167439 times)

Offline iAMhitek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 37LD460
« Reply #720 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 04:32 PM »
Naku!
My 37LD460 (bought late Oct) is starting to show similar symptoms!

) I still ha1ve the box, can SnS still exchange this to the same or different model (plasma perhaps?)
2) Is it better to have it conveniently cleaned by LG instead?  or will the problem just recur in the future?
3) We have other LCDs in our home and I individually "all-pure-white tested" each one.  None (including those 3 yr old LG LCDs) have "dust" symptoms.
4) To those who used the aircon filter, won't your unit overheat if you cover the vents with those?

I hope some of you can answer any of those 4 questions.

TIA! :)

I am very sorry for you sir. Katatapos lang ng headache nyo sa Samsung, ito na naman.

1) I believe you can make a good deal with sir Vic. If he agrees, better go for the Panny plasma. I know you know the WHYs.
2)  It is not a good idea to open the unit every now and then just to clean it when it gets dirty again (if and when it happens again) baka may madagdag pa na problem. No matter how qualified a tech guy is, many unexpected things could happen that will aggravate the situation. Alam ito ng mga service guys. Yes. it may happen again if the cause is right in your backyard. But what if the cause is the panel itself (baka ang batch ng pag manufacture ng panel ay dati na contaminated, we don't know di ba?)?
Better yet have the unit or panel replaced.
3) So this implies that it may not be due to your environment. Baka nga batch ng panel ang prone to dirt since contaminated (moisture, mold, etc.) na siguro sa production line. Remember that all companies are switching panels from different sources. Baka yours is one of them. This is just my theory, bro.
4) Yes bro the unit MAY over heat. These filters are meant with air pressure to force air to the filter. You will need a fan (suggestion ko in my previous post sa ibang forum na gumamit ng PC fans to force the air into the air vents of the back panel). Besides, the aircon filter will be practically useless to the micron sized insects and molds but may be effective to dust/dirt if all air vents are secured.

Hope this helps you bro......................
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM by iAMhitek »

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • HD Player Enthusiast :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #721 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 09:34 PM »
Hi, bought my 37LD460 at SNS last Sept. 12, 2010.

I'm very happy with everything except until last month when I see these on the corners of the screen:

Watch video. Click below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSxFzBAEmQ

I thought it was just soot on the screen, but it won't wipe off when i tried.  It's inside the screen.

What do I do to have them removed?   Thanks. :)

Naku!
My 37LD460 (bought late Oct) is starting to show similar symptoms!

1) I still have the box, can SnS still exchange this to the same or different model (plasma perhaps?)
2) Is it better to have it conveniently cleaned by LG instead?  or will the problem just recur in the future?
3) We have other LCDs in our home and I individually "all-pure-white tested" each one.  None (including those 3 yr old LG LCDs) have "dust" symptoms.
4) To those who used the aircon filter, won't your unit overheat if you cover the vents with those?

I hope some of you can answer any of those 4 questions.

So you think I can trade this with a plasma (offsetting w/ cash of course) with Vic?
If yes, what 37" 1080P Plasma model would you recommend (37" lang ang kasha sa space for the TV and around how much is it?

Tnx.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011 at 05:22 PM by TimSavvy »

Offline iAMhitek

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #722 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 07:09 AM »
So you think I can trade this with a plasma (offsetting w/ cash of course) with Vic?
If yes, what Panny Plasma model would you recommend (37" lang ang kasha sa space for the TV.

Tnx.

Honestly, I never had any transaction with Mr. Vic Chua.
Most of my purchases were from Anson's, although all my future buys will be from sir Vic ( am after the extended replacement/upgrade he is offering in case something bad happens).
Medyo confident ako na sir Vic will help you on this, but just in case mapalaki ang i-add na amount buti pa pagawa mo na lang sa LG (100% free) kung hindi na pwede ma replace with same model without adding any precious pesos.

If yes,the Panny's smallest is only 42 inches (42x20V).

Offline roy128

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #723 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 07:45 AM »
If yes, what Panny Plasma model would you recommend (37" lang ang kasha sa space for the TV.

Tnx.

paano ba ito palabasin?..gusto ko sana makita yung sakin kung meron ganito.thanks

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 01:45 PM »
^
Under Picture Menu - advance - choose pattern then inner (same as the screenshot above)

Anyway, can you suggest any 1080p TV that's only 37" because that's the only space available between my wall and cabinet.  If you can also include an estimated running price, I would appreciate it. :)

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011 at 01:45 PM by TimSavvy »

Offline roy128

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #725 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 03:21 PM »
^
Under Picture Menu - advance - choose pattern then inner (same as the screenshot above)

Anyway, can you suggest any 1080p TV that's only 37" because that's the only space available between my wall and cabinet.  If you can also include an estimated running price, I would appreciate it. :)

Anu ba yang lg , wala ngang backlight bleeding meron naman clouding sa white background.

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 05:02 PM »
Hi, bought my 37LD460 at SNS last Sept. 12, 2010.

I'm very happy with everything except until last month when I see these on the corners of the screen:

Watch video. Click below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSxFzBAEmQ

I thought it was just soot on the screen, but it won't wipe off when i tried.  It's inside the screen.

What do I do to have them removed?   Thanks. :)

Whoa :o :o :o I had this exact same problem with my Hitachi 37LD9800TA some three years ago. Those "stains" started appearing on the upper and left hand corners of the screen about 10 months into my purchase. Even the Hitachi people then were dumbfounded as to what could have caused it.

And yes, they are *INSIDE* the screen. And no, they will *NOT* go away at all.

Anyway, Hitachi gave me back the unit after clearing up the stains, but after several months the whole thing recurred. Since by this time the warranty had long since expired, I no longer bothered calling in for repair. And so to this day, that same Hitachi LCD of ours (now a secondary TV in an upstairs bedroom) continues to have those unsightly, hugely distracting stains on the left and right edges of the screen - yup, you read that right: them stains have even gone on to spread further down both sides of the screen, from their original spots on the upper hand portion on either side.

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011 at 08:00 PM by Prometheus75 »
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 05:09 PM »
In Fairness to LG,

I called LG up (since I haven't gotten a reply from Vic via PM) earlier.
In less then 10 seconds, I was able to get in touch w/ a TSR.
Took accountability and even called me back when we got disconnected.

They have my record which means I don't have to give my address and cell # again to them.
They also know that I've been an LG customer for quite some time.

They will send a technician to take pictures since they don't have any records of dust getting in the LCD panel.

TSRs I've spoken to were very accommodating and took ownership.  Sila pa yung tawag ng tawag to tell me they're sorry for the inconvenience and are working on it, providing me updates as it happens.  Parang sila talaga yung may utang ng loob or something unlike my negative experience with Samsung where I've been passed around and people in Samsung doesn't even know that I've surrendered the TV back to them already.  The payment was a bit delayed from the committed time line.

Customer service will always make me consider LG in my next purchase.  I haven't felt being left in the air.  Todo ang after sales.. hindi yung puro branding and marketing lang at bahala ka na sa buhay mo aftersales.

Will update you guys as to what happens next.

Vic (SNS) is probably busy right now to reply to my PM.

To those who have the same issue, I suggest you call their hotline.  Based on my experience, I assure you that it will be a painless and pleasant experience talking to any of LG's TSRs.

Offline iAMhitek

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: Feb 16, 2011 at 07:49 AM »
Whoa :o :o :o I had this exact same problem with my Hitachi 37LD9800TA some three years ago. Those "stains" started appearing on the upper and left hand corners of the screen about 10 months into my purchase. Even the Hitachi people then were dumbfounded as to what could have caused it.

And yes, they are *INSIDE* the screen. And no, they will *NOT* go away at all.

Anyway, Hitachi gave me back the unit after clearing up the stains, but after several months the whole thing recurred. Since by this time the warranty had long since expired, I no longer bothered calling in for repair. And so to this day, that same Hitachi LCD of ours (now a secondary TV in an upstairs bedroom) continues to have those unsightly, hugely distracting stains on the left and right edges of the screen - yup, you read that right: them stains have even gone on to spread further down both sides of the screen, from their original spots on the upper hand portion on either side.

I have been seeing and talking about these dirt, dust, insects, mold, moisture and even possible flaw in one of the layers of the LCD panel itself for years to some people (even to tech guys) I know and some did not believe me until they saw one for themselves. They thought all the while that LCD panels are hermetically sealed. It is only the plasmas and the CRTs that are completely sealed. A country like ours with polluted air and high humidity is a breeding ground for the issues mentioned.
An LCD TV has metal cover (with holes spread all over the surface serving as heat vents for the backlight, CCFL or LED, and as protection to the LCD panel and backlight) located at the back of the panel. Common sense tells us that anything smaller than these holes can easily get inside in between the backlight and the panel even if we assume that LCD panels are hermetically sealed. This is one of the several reasons why it took me years before purchasing my first LCDs (TVs and PC monitors) ---- that someday I may have to open these units regularly for cleaning.  And true enough, only after a few months, one (SONY) got microscopic insects and a few black streaks and another one (SAMSUNG T220) with microscopic insects, dust, dirt and black streaks all over the screen.
Kung hindi lang na all my flat TVs are used for HTPC set up, I will always go for 100% plasma TVs. Lahat kasi gamit more on PC (average 4-5 hours/day pag may pasok mga bata at over 10 hours/day pag walang pasok) at paminsan minsan sa movies, games and TV broadcast.

Just sharing bros………………………

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Feb 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM »
UPDATE:

LG Technicians promptly visited my place just a few minutes ago.
Not the most impressive service vehicle but who cares as long as they still provide *excellent* customer service and *REAL* AFTER SALES (and not just pure claims/branding/marketing of AFTER SALES service).

Anyway, initially, with the TV off, I showed them that the TV was still in pristine condition.  No scratches/smudges, dents, etc.  Even the labels at the bottom were intact and the huge box is just right beside my bed.

When the TV was turned on, the dust were barely visible in the bright light of the room.  Turned it off and made the dust more apparent.  However, I think I have moved/eroded majority of the dust down for it to be less visible than the first time I saw and tried to wipe it. 

Although, there was no point in time that my LCD exceeded, matched or even came close to the amount of dust that's posted in the pictures above.  At most, it had much much less dust.. starting to accumulate pa lang and I probably have moved most of it away when I wiped it with soft microfiber cloth.

It seems that they have not encountered dust sitting inside the LCD screen.  Well, very mildly visible now that I have moved/eroded most of it.  I remember the TSR calling me back yesterday to tell me that, aside from 2 LG Phone Models, they do not have records/reports of LCD TV acquiring dust in between the backlight.

They have taken pictures (I'm not sure though if the quality can be used for any purpose) and copied the details of my receipt.  They told me if it's alright for them to replace the entire panel but retaining the case/chassis/bezel.  I said, ok lang as long as it will be a permanent fix.  I don't want you guys to be hassled with the same issue every three months.  I wouldn't want this issue to happen when my warranty expires din.

I also showed them an LG 22" LCD which sits almost in front of my 37LD460 and did the pure white test to show them how clear white was in my 4 yr old 22".  Like all of the LCDs in our home, it did not acquire any dust.

Now my question to you guys is, since all the other old LCDs in our house including the one in the same room does not exhibit dust accumulation, could replacing the panel (retaining the frame/chassis/bezel) be a permanent fix? 

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #730 on: Feb 16, 2011 at 07:02 PM »
^
Hitachi claimed to have replaced my panel as well (I say 'claimed', because a small patch of what looked like residual stain that I found where there used to be a much larger one made me doubt that they may have just cleaned it up), but like I said on my previous post, the problem recurred just a few months afterwards.

And fyi, the only reason that my screen looks as bad as it does now is exactly because I've essentially abandoned the problem since it reappeared. Believe me, it wasn't that hideous the first time around. Distracting, yes, but not overwhelming.

So, basing purely from my experience - and assuming that Hitachi really did replace my panel - I'd say that there *might* still be that chance that the problem may recur as well on your set, though I of course would wish it otherwise.
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline heineken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #731 on: Feb 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM »
^

i cant get it. wala ako makita choose pattern then inner.  ::)

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: Feb 17, 2011 at 04:31 PM »
^
walk me through the menu options you've selected starting from PICTURE.

Offline roy128

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: Feb 17, 2011 at 04:47 PM »
^
walk me through the menu options you've selected starting from PICTURE.

wala talagang inner ???

Offline ceuust

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #734 on: Feb 17, 2011 at 05:38 PM »
sir timsavvvy, kinuha na nila yung lcd mo? ilang days daw maibabalik?

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: Feb 18, 2011 at 08:24 AM »
^
Nope, they will not pull out the unit.  They will bring the new Panel and install it in my existing frame.
I pointed out that there's about 5mm gap between the front frame and the LCD.  Hindi daw doon pumapasok yung dust.

Anyway, when asked what if this recurs when the warranty expires, they responded, di na daw covered yun and I will be paying for the repairs if ever.

WTF??

Anyway, Vic (SnS) assured me that LG should answer (replacement of a different model) if in case the problem persists outside warranty.  I just need to keep a copy of the job order or any papers as a proof LG worked on that particular concern before.

If I keep the JOs as advised, I trust Vic can hold up to his assurance and let LG replace it with a different model if the same problem occurs.

@Heineken & Roy
Bros,

Impossibleng wallang inner kse may picture nga sa taas kaya I replicated it.
I was able to find the menu option that brought me to the picture above.

If your TV does not have that option you could either walk me through the menu options you've chosen along with all available other menu option

or

you could call LG tech support to ask them to walk you through to get to the picture taken above.  It wouldn't take more than a minute to get hold of a TSR.

Kung wala talaga, baka ibang firmware nyo.  Pasensya nalang.

To produce a pure white screen, hook your PC and display a pure white screen or burn a pure white .JPG then play it through your USB port.

hth. :)
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM by TimSavvy »

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1457
« Reply #736 on: Feb 18, 2011 at 08:30 AM »
^
Nope, they will not pull out the unit.  They will bring the new Panel and install it in my existing frame.
I pointed out that there's about 5mm gap between the front frame and the LCD.  Hindi daw doon pumapasok yung dust.

yun din naisip ko e.di kaya sa frame ang problema since dun lang naman posibleng dumaan yung dust na yun para umabot sa panel e. anyways,ill take a new panel na din,at least bago na yung panel ulit  ;D

check na lang kung yung gap same pa din or mawala once they replace the panel and also baka ma-trace din once bukas na yung unit kung saan dumadaan yung dust,

keep us posted  :)

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: Feb 18, 2011 at 04:54 PM »
UPDATE:
LG Technicians replaced my LCD which took less than 30 mins.

Aside from the very small (abt 5mm) black border (I'm not sure if it's normal) on the side, it's in perfect tip top shape.  I hope the problem won't recur.

Check yours and call their hotline in case yours accumulate dust.  I hope it's not a design flaw so that chances of recurring would be nil.

hth. :)

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1457
« Reply #738 on: Feb 19, 2011 at 06:25 AM »
how about yung gap between the panel and the front frame,nag bago ba or same pa din?

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Feb 20, 2011 at 02:48 AM »
^
I have to visit the showroom to check if it's normal..

So far, whenever watching HD Movies or playing XBox, I can't even notice the tiny (5mm or less) black borders on each side of the LCD.

Please check yours kung meron.. make sure to display a pure white pattern to help you check if it's normal with you din..

hth.. :)

Offline ceuust

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Feb 20, 2011 at 08:11 PM »
sir tim, kamusta lcd nyo? nung pinalitan chineck ba nila kung ano yung stain?

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #741 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM »
they just replaced the LCd.  It's currently at perfect condition on color tests..
Hope this lasts forever.. I suggst you test yours and expect the technicisans to drop by duiring the same day or earleri.

hth.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #742 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM »
Heard that this panel is now available again at SnS.

37X20 has no stock at the moment. 37X20 is a HD ready TV. Perhaps you may want to consider the FULL HD of Samsung 37C550 at P31K or LG 37LD460 at P29500.  :D

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 06:36 PM »
i cant get it. wala ako makita choose pattern then inner.  ::)

You should be in expert mode (picture) then go to expert settings.

Offline heineken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #744 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 06:23 AM »
@coastal
thanks. sa expert mode pala.

meron din ako symptoms, di naman ako apektado kasi di naman masyado pansin pag naka outer.
btw, warranty is until october 2011. papalit na ba ako ng panel?
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011 at 06:32 AM by heineken »

Offline roy128

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #745 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 09:16 AM »
meron na ba nakapag try sa inyo ng m2ts file?..hindi kasi marecognize nung tv naten.Paano magconvert ng full movie to mkv?..kasi nag try ako hanggang 20 mins lang :P Baka meron kayo mairecommend na software na pang convert.thanks

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #746 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 01:29 AM »
Heard that this panel is now available again at SnS.
Perfect! Hopefully the 42LD460 would be on stock.. even better if there's a price drop! :)
or at least similar to the HT905 package of Anson's.

I would still prefer to shop at SnS (active here in PDVD) if they can beat or at least match the price of Anson's.

Offline babyjc26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #747 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 10:08 PM »
mga sir totoo bang yung mga newer release ng 37LD460 wala ng sooth issue or any issues sa mga older LD460?? plano ko kasi bumili this month..choice ko kasi 37LD460 or 32LE5500..TIA!

Offline aceaceace

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #748 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 12:14 PM »
mga sir totoo bang yung mga newer release ng 37LD460 wala ng sooth issue or any issues sa mga older LD460?? plano ko kasi bumili this month..choice ko kasi 37LD460 or 32LE5500..TIA!

ideally, all LCDs should never ever have the soot issue. only time will tell if they won't happen anymore :) 

Offline dark_gemini

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #749 on: Mar 09, 2011 at 09:33 AM »
Hi Sirs just recently bought a 37LD460 and so far so good.  But now my problem is with my WD TV Media player.  I just found out that it has problems outputting 1080p through HDMI.  Never bothered with it since CRT lang yung dati kong TV.  Anyway, I'm planning to get the Xtreamer Pro as my new media player. 

Just wanted to know if anyone here has had issues with using the Xtreamer Pro with this particular HD Tv.  Any handshake issues?  And has anyone used it as a pc monitor?  Thanks