Author Topic: 2ND GEN 3D TVs. LG spearheads the "PASSIVE" drive! ***AWESOME***  (Read 16516 times)

Offline Ramp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2ND GEN 3D TVs. LG spearheads the "PASSIVE" drive! ***AWESOME***
« Reply #30 on: Jul 27, 2011 at 09:58 PM »
Thanks to this informative thread about this LG 3D and where best deal to get them.

I've seen demos of this TV as well as read positive reviews of the LW5600 which is the U.S. version. I'm contemplating on getting just the 42in. before their freebie promo ends Aug 31.

Question: Is the TruMotion 120Hz of this TV capable of displaying what is locally called as the "Videocam", "soap-opera" effect, yung image interpolation which you can turn on or off? Some don't like this feature but i do. When i asked the salesman, he does not know what i'm talking about but says the 120Hz is for fast scenes. I've seen this feature on other brands though.

Aside from downloads, where can you buy 3D Bluray movies? I've asked some Astrovision stores but they don't have any; regular Bluray lang meron.

Wala rin demo yung Smart TV Apps features so i guess i'll just have to discover that for myself. Di pa rin yata available lahat ng Apps services dito sa atin.

Offline pilyo168

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • DVD Guru
  • If you dont feel your bass. Your subwoofer sucks.
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 11:42 AM »
I bought the non 3d version 42LV3700. The wii like magic remote is really a breakthrough feature. "definitely" this wonderful TV will make other high-end brands obsolete.  :)

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM by pilyo168 »

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:49 AM »
how does the 42LW5700 perform on non-3d sources?

i plan on getting a new TV in the coming months and this looks like a good candidate.  pero, most naman ng pag-gagamitan ko is for 2d lang.

70%  NMT (720p TV series and 720p/1080p movies)
20% PS3 gaming
10% TV (Sky Cable non-HD digibox)

is it at least at par with current Plasma TVs when it comes to 2d pq?

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #33 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 01:05 AM »
how does the 42LW5700 perform on non-3d sources?

i plan on getting a new TV in the coming months and this looks like a good candidate.  pero, most naman ng pag-gagamitan ko is for 2d lang.

70%  NMT (720p TV series and 720p/1080p movies)
20% PS3 gaming
10% TV (Sky Cable non-HD digibox)

is it at least at par with current Plasma TVs when it comes to 2d pq?

without getting into a lenghthy debate on led vs. plasma vs. lcd. it's very clear that led is the leading technology now; albeit the most expensive one. the luminosity and clarity is just astounding (esp the new LED models); and the features by far are more interactive and consumer-friendly.

that said and to answer your Q, this LG 3d LED tv performs very well on 2D sources as well, and it does a very decent job in converting 2D material to 3D, and vice versa kung di ka hiyang sa 3D content.  The new gen plasma is having a resurgence right now, cheaper, thinner, lower power consumption vs the 1st gen plasmas which were made obsolete, so it's cornering a more price-conscious quality-driven consumer segment.

again, clarity and resolution-wise LED is still topnotch IMO, but if you want the subdued, cinematic feel of movies and television, you may want to consider a plasma vs. the hyper-real LED machines which is super clear and clinical, but takes a way the 'theatre drama' in video materials.

happy hunting, good luck!

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #34 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 01:35 AM »

Question: Is the TruMotion 120Hz of this TV capable of displaying what is locally called as the "Videocam", "soap-opera" effect, yung image interpolation which you can turn on or off? Some don't like this feature but i do. When i asked the salesman, he does not know what i'm talking about but says the 120Hz is for fast scenes. I've seen this feature on other brands

Yes I guess the spiel fr the salesman is expected, the 120Hz or even 240hz clear motion features pertain specifically to motion lag and judder during quick movements (eg. sports, gaming). You are correct though that the primary downside to this enhanced clarity is the hyper-real, plastic-like texture you'll get due to the enhanced background detail and all. Haven't tinkered with the TV just yet if this had an 'off switch' but just the same, a quick remedy is to avoid using the 'vivid' picture setting (well-renowned lex hyper real pic quality), and just defer to the 'cinema' mode which gets the 'drama' and theatre-like mood and feel back on.

Aside from downloads, where can you buy 3D Bluray movies? I've asked some Astrovision stores but they don't have any; regular Bluray lang meron.

just hop on over to the marketplace thread here in pdvd and go to the high-def child board. a number of pdvd sellers selling 3D bluray right in our backyard. :)

Wala rin demo yung Smart TV Apps features so i guess i'll just have to discover that for myself. Di pa rin yata available lahat ng Apps services dito sa atin.

actually most of the LG smart TV apps are functional already. some subscription items, need some more finetuning, but otherwise the infrastructure is pretty solid already (you jst need fast internet). in the tv menu, they say "more to come" though so let's all stay tuned then. ;)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 01:21 PM »
IM buying this in a few days time, young 55inches.  I'll hook this up with my NAS with 14TB 1080p movies using the PLEX app compatible only with LG LED Tvs

Offline Ramp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 03:14 PM »
Thanks Marl for answering my three queries. I appreciate it so much. I'm really impressed with this TV. It has everything i am looking for in a TV - passive 3D, LED technology, FULL HD in 2D, (the 3D half resolution of 1920 x 540p is not noticeable to me), USB port, thin panel, low power consumption; plus the smart tv and magic motion remote are added bonuses.

Actually i like the 120Hz interpolation where the images look vivid or plastic-like as you say, so if ever it's there that would really be great. (I saw a demo of Transformers 2 with this vivid, crisp, life-like images of the robots using this interpolation on a Philips LCD Tv and i find it nice.)

Am also glad MannyX and Asul suggested where and how to get the best deals. I happen to pass-by Ansons Trinoma to inquire, and after mentioning the name of 'Eugene' of Ortigas as mentioned by MannyX, the price dropped significantly. He said Ansons Ortigas can give the lowest price since their GM is located there and can easily give approvals. Besides that's where they have lots of stocks.

Sidenote: I recently got a Fujifilm W3 3D camera and i am quite sure pictures and videos taken with this camera will look awesome in this TV.

Offline ASuL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 10:36 PM »
ramp...please share the actual price they gave you ;D

Offline maxwell0713

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 04:56 AM »
I went to Ansons makati. cash is worth 90k.   :'( SA Ansons Ortigas lang ba may discount na malaki. from back reading, I saw it was worth 70k. Pashare naman kung pano nakakuha ng discount. thanks in advance

Offline m9rcy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 12:53 PM »
Eto ang nakuhang kong deal ansons alabang look for jez..

69k.. niprice match nila ung nasa ansons ortigas..

Quick question: Anong blu-ray region ba ang pedeng maplay sa FREE na DB660? tnx pede bang maconvert to region free na blu-ray sya like sa dvd's?

thanks

Offline maxwell0713

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
Eto ang nakuhang kong deal ansons alabang look for jez..

69k.. niprice match nila ung nasa ansons ortigas..

Quick question: Anong blu-ray region ba ang pedeng maplay sa FREE na DB660? tnx pede bang maconvert to region free na blu-ray sya like sa dvd's?

thanks
hi sir 69k with xbox, kinect, blu-ray player, wall bracket and wifi dongle package? good deal na to. sir safe bet is to buy region free blu-rays na lang

Offline m9rcy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 04:56 PM »
hi sir 69k with xbox, kinect, blu-ray player, wall bracket and wifi dongle package? good deal na to. sir safe bet is to buy region free blu-rays na lang

yup good deal na sya.. eto mga nakuha ko

included in the tv box
42 led 3d tv
wifi dongle
4 glasses

magic remote

included in the box
blu-ray player
3d blu-ray movie

included in xbox
xbox 360 slim 4g
kinect
game

wall bracket

batteries are all included hehehe

nahirapan lang ako magsetup ng Smart TV using WEP(Now WPS na ang setup ko).. But all you need to do is wait kasi nagDL pa sya ng latest software para maging fully functional lahat..

ang kulang ko na lang sa package ko was the 3d movie kasi nagkaubusan.. and i dont know kung magwork ang ang region A na  mga blu-ray movies.. - can someone confirm this? tnx in advance..

Offline oalsecnew_0720

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 05:18 PM »
bro ang 47inch magkano sa anson's same freebies? ;D

Offline Ramp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 09:03 PM »
I haven't purchased yet but might soon do. My wife agreed.

Ansons Trinoma initially said their lowest price for the 42in is 77K with all the freebies but when i told the guy Eugene of Ortigas is giving it at 70K sabi niya pwede subject to approval. Then i went on saying - sabi pwede pa raw mabawasan ng konti if really decided to buy. He said maybe up to 68 or 69K Cash but don't quote him daw.

All the freebies stated above by m9rcy are included plus P1,500 Gift Certificate from Ansons.

I suppose all branches of Ansons can give this deal as long as you wait for the approval from their main branch. If not tell them you will just go to their Ortigas branch. You also have to consider the time and gasoline if you go all the way to Ortigas. For now i guess 69k or 68K is the lowest depending on your haggling skills.

Sa SM Appliance you cannont haggle, sa Abenson they will let you play with your installment payment scheme pero mataas pa rin than Ansons. Am not sure if that other hi-end store in Shangrila Mall will lower to this price.

Offline m9rcy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
I will answer my own Q.. Just saw the "A" meaning Region 1 yung BD660.. yup merun pa palang 1500 na VC.. Yes they can go as low as 68k i think konting push na lang magGO sila..

Offline m9rcy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 09:30 PM »
Eto pa palang ang ibang quotation sakin

50k cash

24k in 24months

74k lahat not bad na din since 4 k lang dagdag

again sa anson alabang..

tnx...

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 11:07 PM »
Vic Chua of SNS can give you the best deal better than Ansons or Abensons. If you don't want the freebies, sabihin mo lang at ibabawas nya sa presyo.  I can get my 55 inch sa SNS cash price ng 135k with 4 free glasses. Start from there na lang if 42 and 47 inch ang kukunin ninyo. Compared to ansons and abenson, nasa 145k daw ang unit nila without the freebies.  See the difference? :)

Offline loft

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Aug 04, 2011 at 11:23 PM »
i got mine in anson's ortigas. i think it's the best deal available. i was already able to sell the xbox, it drop the price to around 58k but the clincher is that i got it at 6 mos 0%. I think my total was 72800, 6 months to pay.

as much as i would have wanted to get this from SNS, i honestly do not think they could beat the price for this especially if it was done via financing.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2011 at 11:25 PM by loft »

Offline maxwell0713

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 11:31 AM »
sir loft i read in some forums that lw5700 has features for hd recording/usb recording. how is this done? thanks in advance
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2011 at 11:51 AM by maxwell0713 »

Offline loft

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 02:20 AM »
@maxwell,

i dont know if the tv has that feature. I'll check though. does anyone here know if this is true?

Offline maxwell0713

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

Offline thecount

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 09:22 PM »
Hi to all.  Iam a newbie in tv thing (3d plasma etc). Pardon my ignorance.  Thanks so much for sharing your valuable infos.  Narrowing down my choices and seriously considering lw5700 47" or lw6500 55". I have few questions, pls help

1. Does the free blue ray player bd660  region free? If not, is there a way to make it region free.

2.  I tried to google and search the net, but most of the reviews that  are for lw5600 instead of lw5700.  Seems the difference is that lw5700 doesnt have 3d dimming. What does this mean in layman terms?  Is this feature important?

3. I measured my wall to wall, its close to 13 feet. What is the recommended tv size for my room? Is 47" enough?

4.  Also the room that i will place the tv with have only one window.  Generally, the room is quite dark bec of it ( even in the morning and afternoon).  Is it better to put an led tv or plasma tv?

5.  I believe the 47" is in matte finish screen. What about the 55"?  I was looking around the metro but seems that no showroom is displaying lw6500 55". If ever you saw a demo unit of this, where did you saw it po.

6.  Besides lg 47" lw5700 and 55" lw6500. Iam also considering / checking panasonic plasma vt20 and samsung plasma 50" d550.  Iam lost on which one to get.  What are the factors that made you decide to get lg. 

Thanks in advance

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15

Offline mccoy26

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 11:11 AM »
I'm torn whether to get the 42"LG3D package or get a 42"(or bigger) LCD+ 5.1 set-up/receiver instead.

Quote sa kin sa Ansons 70k cash all-in with 1500 GC
With the 5.1 sound setup/LCD package, more or less, I'll spend 60-65k

I already have a PS3 for Blu Rays but I do not have a sound set up.

What do you think guys?Eniticing kasi yung 3D package ng LG.

How much is the LG 3D TV if it's purchased individually with at least 2 3D glasses?

Thanks in advance.

Offline BenPas

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 11:38 PM »
Had the chance to audition the 42 incher in sm appliance. Though it has all the freebies as said above, mdyo nakulangan ako sa video effect on 2D movies maybe its because of 120hz. The 2D-3D is ok just like samsung d6400. The 3D glass is good also but I notice ng mg bend ako sideward dhl nhulog hawak ko mdyo nwala ung 3D effct. My angle ba mga boss pg 3D movie?

Offline true_blood

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 06:27 PM »
I'm about to buy a 3D LED HDTV in a months time, thinking of getting an LG due to its very light passive 3D glasses but on almost all the reviews I've read lahat nagsasabi na you loose 50% of the picture quality with the passive type.  You loose the pagiging HD 1080p picture quality, e kaya nga ako bibili ng high end TV for its vivid and high resolution picture e.  To those who own either active or passive, anything you guys noticed?

Also how is the 3D gaming quality for passive TV (is it even compatible)?

Offline pilyo168

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • DVD Guru
  • If you dont feel your bass. Your subwoofer sucks.
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 01:55 AM »
I'm about to buy a 3D LED HDTV in a months time, thinking of getting an LG due to its very light passive 3D glasses but on almost all the reviews I've read lahat nagsasabi na you loose 50% of the picture quality with the passive type.  You loose the pagiging HD 1080p picture quality, e kaya nga ako bibili ng high end TV for its vivid and high resolution picture e.  To those who own either active or passive, anything you guys noticed?

talaga ano link nagsabi ng 50% nawawala ang picture quality? bakit ilang percent nawawalang quality sa mga active types, flicker free din ba?
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2011 at 01:56 AM by pilyo168 »

Offline true_blood

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 03:20 AM »
just randomly search like in youtube active vs passive recommendations.  Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVQ7VBht9VA

BTW I kinda don't trust the press releases from LG or Samsung or Sony, they literally contradict each others claims.  Also they say 3D for TV isn't really for movie, its for gaming, as in sobrang wow kapag 3D games, for watching movies, ang dami pang cons and still very limited movies. But anyway I think trying it for yourself and see what best you like.  I tried both, and I really like the LG glasses, ang gaan at comfortable.  But for picture quality, ummm.....  But since Im also using the TV for gaming, and they say that the Sony PS3 3D games are more compatible for active 3D (since Sony is doing the active 3D and PS3 is Sony) so I think this is one thing for my consideration.

But anyhow I am still reading and reviewing which brand really best suits me, before I burn my money to that 55 incher

Offline maxwell0713

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 08:00 AM »
I'm about to buy a 3D LED HDTV in a months time, thinking of getting an LG due to its very light passive 3D glasses but on almost all the reviews I've read lahat nagsasabi na you loose 50% of the picture quality with the passive type.  You loose the pagiging HD 1080p picture quality, e kaya nga ako bibili ng high end TV for its vivid and high resolution picture e.  To those who own either active or passive, anything you guys noticed?

Sir i bought LG LW5700 at Anson's Alabang. Sulit sya. may libre pang xbox at 3d bluray player. if it is true that there is a drop in resolution, then i dont notice it and for 2d viewing i am very satisfied with it especially when  trumotion is turned on. for 3d gaming, compatible ang passive technology, for the ps3 madedetect nya na 3d tv yung gamit mo and if your game supports 3d then it will ask if you want to play in 3d, i tested wipeout hd, nba 2k11, mortal kombat and super stardust. 3d is very good on these games and the only thing i noticed is that for 2k11 bumaba yung frame rate which i think is an issue with the game being in 3d and not because of the tv and i think kapag 3d gaming sa ps3 from 1080p it goes down to 720p. 

Offline thecount

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 09:32 AM »
hi true_blood :

We are in the same situation,  I am looking at LW6500 - 55" as well. I plan to buy in 2-3 weeks time.  If you happen to pass by Shangri La mall , Abensons have demo of  both 47" and 55".