Author Topic: Bose Speakers  (Read 198708 times)

Offline Benissimo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bose Speakers
« Reply #690 on: Sep 04, 2010 at 09:06 PM »
Mga bro, feedback naman sa Companion 2 (series II). I'm comtemplating on this unit over the Creative Gigaworks T40 series II. Plan to have a 2.0 speaker set-up for my notebook. Mostly for listening to music lang. Thanks for the info!
Sony Bravia 32W550 & PS3
BOSE Acoustimas 10
Pioneer VSX-D859TX

Offline vondoom

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #691 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 02:25 PM »
Mga bro, feedback naman sa Companion 2 (series II). I'm comtemplating on this unit over the Creative Gigaworks T40 series II. Plan to have a 2.0 speaker set-up for my notebook. Mostly for listening to music lang. Thanks for the info!

try to find a logitech Z-10 that's on sale. ganda siya pang desktop 2.0 tas toe-in konti. hindi siya maingay pag nasa labas ng sweet spot so ok siya sa application mo.

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #692 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 05:46 PM »
Go for it! I have one and very satisfied with it. Simple and more neutral than speakers using Subs ;)

Ito pa!!!

If it's from BOSE it must be Good! ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2010 at 05:49 PM by odyopayl »
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline downsouth

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM »
Just inherited my moms old....very old LifeStyle 20 ;D

Does anyone know where I can get cheap stands for the cube speakers?

I'm gonna pair it hopefully with our first NMT.

Salamat! 

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #694 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 02:04 PM »
The fullrange of Bose Companion 2 is very good. I disassemble my Bose Companion 2 to convert it to Zigmahornet floorstander speakers.  I am  hopeful that it will be successful.  Because I tried the Bose speakers without its speaker box and still it has very clear sound reproduction.   :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #695 on: Oct 09, 2010 at 03:09 PM »
Upgraded my sound system recently to wharfedale Diamond 9.6 as my old faithful Bose 301, even after repair twice, could not handle HT or loud 2 channel stereo.  It was obvious to me that the repairs that cost me not very much were, to put it kindly,  misdiagnosed.  Rather than just dump these speakers with a burning curiosity, I decided to have the  bose diagnosed at  Eleksis the official bose dealer, repair and distributor.  Low and behold both woofers and a tweeter had to be replaced.  The woofers were simply worn/blown out in areas you could not see and it was only detectable under very close inspection ( so they told me)The cost to replace was in total 5400 peso.  Now I had no use for these speakers as I have no room for them in my little apartment but on the other hand after about 14 years by my side I could hardly just toss them.  I guess I am a sentimental softy. So I forked out the peso and low and behold they sound great again. Am gonna figure out what to do with them soon enough.  Got the old woofers and tweeter and my kids are amazed with the magnets and asked if I could take off the magents and give it to them. Unfortunatly I tried to remove them but can not.  No big deal.  Do these old woofers have any value left (other than scrap) or are they ready for the garbage bin?  (They wiegh about 10 pounds.)Or.......Perhaps a mechanically inclined technician can use them?
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2010 at 03:29 PM by dannielsimone »
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline jambeejay

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 03:20 PM »
Creative gigaworks T40 far better than bose companion 2 for both movies and music, it has 2 mid range driver and 1 tweeter sound is clear and crisps with plenty of bass. Use this for my laptop and mp3 player and I really love the sound from it.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2010 at 03:22 PM by jambeejay »

Offline sonwar

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: Jun 09, 2011 at 04:59 PM »
Wow. Thanks for this thread. It is really very helpfull. Muntik na. hehe! I was considering this brand until I saw this thread.

For me, I do not have any experience with this product except listening sa showrooms. But I work in a company that values "data" above all else. And personal opinions are just..... "personal opinions"

So when I see from this website the specs/ data...

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Satellites- 280hz to 13.3khz
Bass module- 46hz to 202 hz

I know that the audible frequency is from 20hz to 20khz. So from the data above, it means that you wont hear any low sound from 203HZ to 279HZ. And high sounds from 13.4khz to 20khz.

This is a lot of sound frequency missing compared to other cheap speakers.

So a guy from the province says that jeep is very fast (opinion), then he goes to the city and say... that car is faster than the jeep I saw in our province.

Another person measured the speed of the jeep at 80Km/hr (DATA). Then also to the city and measured the car at 70km/hr.

Which one is faster now.

Offline ramsey

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #698 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 05:30 AM »
Quote from: so

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Satellites- 280hz to 13.3khz
Bass module- 46hz to 202 hz

[/quote
That's one interesting article you got there. I used to have an AM10. But I sold it and switched to Paradigm.

Offline mhav

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: Jul 05, 2011 at 06:48 PM »
and one thing before buying bose speaker system..have u ever noticed that why bose speaker system does not have THX certification??they have home theater systems right??

Offline ilongranger

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #700 on: Jul 11, 2011 at 07:42 AM »
proud owner of bose 901. i love them. have owned dyns, sonus and diapason but i love the 901 the most. Must have defective ears cause a lot of people think they are crap. but for me they sound great. :) was suppose to use this as my test speakers but ended up using them as my main.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2011 at 07:44 AM by ilongranger »
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: Jul 11, 2011 at 02:08 PM »
proud owner of bose 901. i love them. have owned dyns, sonus and diapason but i love the 901 the most. Must have defective ears cause a lot of people think they are crap. but for me they sound great. :) was suppose to use this as my test speakers but ended up using them as my main.
Ok naman talaga BOSE 901 basta maganda ang amp na gagamitin.  Outstanding ang BOSE 901 sa HI and Mid details.  Sa low frequency lang naman ang medyo di ganun ka detalye sa kanya.  Pero iyong BOSE 901 series 6 that I tested sounded very good with a 100 watter Push Pull Tube amp and with ADCOM AMPS. Ang lutong nga ng palo ng snare drums at dinig iyong pagtama ng drum stick sa side ng drum...napaka natural.

I am using Bose HVC (speaker driver of Bose 901) for my zigma and coming cabinet double bass reflex.  I am very happy and satisfied.  The Hi and Mid are its forte talaga.  Ang lupit.:)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline ilongranger

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #702 on: Jul 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
Ok naman talaga BOSE 901 basta maganda ang amp na gagamitin.  Outstanding ang BOSE 901 sa HI and Mid details.  Sa low frequency lang naman ang medyo di ganun ka detalye sa kanya.  Pero iyong BOSE 901 series 6 that I tested sounded very good with a 100 watter Push Pull Tube amp and with ADCOM AMPS. Ang lutong nga ng palo ng snare drums at dinig iyong pagtama ng drum stick sa side ng drum...napaka natural.

I am using Bose HVC (speaker driver of Bose 901) for my zigma and coming cabinet double bass reflex.  I am very happy and satisfied.  The Hi and Mid are its forte talaga.  Ang lupit.:)

/quote]

Am using the series 6. When I first heard this in an open space medyo bitin yung highs and lows. pero nung nilagay ko na maliit kung room am very happy with its highs and lows. I think this is very placement sensitive. now i think i would have to sell my sub.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM by ilongranger »
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline kefq

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • DVD Guru
  • Ethical Hacker
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #703 on: Jul 12, 2011 at 10:46 AM »

For keeps na ba yan pre  ;D 

Offline ilongranger

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: Jul 12, 2011 at 01:36 PM »
For keeps na ba yan pre  ;D 

mukha nga. sana bumagay sa rega elicit.
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #705 on: Jul 12, 2011 at 05:03 PM »
Yes I think 901s are great sounding, these are very iconic speakers even during the 1980s ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #706 on: Jul 12, 2011 at 05:09 PM »
Im a proud owner before of Bose 901 series I and IV, 601 series II, 802 and 301 series 3. I grew up listening to Bose speakers. It's too late for me to realized that those classic bose speakers are for keeps.  :'(
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: Jul 12, 2011 at 11:13 PM »
Im a proud owner before of Bose 901 series I and IV, 601 series II, 802 and 301 series 3. I grew up listening to Bose speakers. It's too late for me to realized that those classic bose speakers are for keeps.  :'(

I began my hifi journey na medyo hi end na at my standard with bose speakers. I had the 201, 301 and the 901 series 3 before. No doubt, ok naman ang 901 pero it is placement sensitive dahil sa design niyang using the back wall to reflect sound. After using and trying too many speakers, all i could say na for the price, mahal ang asking price ng Bose. Just take a look at the drivers they are using. Pati na ang MDF na gamit nila.

Pasensya na pero this is just my observation. I hope walang magalit na Bose lover dito. No flames intended. ;D
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline ilongranger

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #708 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 09:20 AM »
I began my hifi journey na medyo hi end na at my standard with bose speakers. I had the 201, 301 and the 901 series 3 before. No doubt, ok naman ang 901 pero it is placement sensitive dahil sa design niyang using the back wall to reflect sound. After using and trying too many speakers, all i could say na for the price, mahal ang asking price ng Bose. Just take a look at the drivers they are using. Pati na ang MDF na gamit nila.

Pasensya na pero this is just my observation. I hope walang magalit na Bose lover dito. No flames intended. ;D

But you would have to consider also the engineering that goes with the design. R&D is much more expensive than using saloon drivers. Though placement sensitive talaga yung 901 VI. Have heard this in a more open space and d ok and sound ala bass and high. But so is the dyns. when placed in a confined space boomy tumunog.
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #709 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM »

Im lucky that I got all my bose speakers very cheap and that was during the U.S Naval Base in subic. Did you know that bose 901 came up with bass module design for 901 but it was only released exclusively to japanese market. Yes you are right asking price of bose are very expensive.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #710 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 08:38 PM »
If the 901s is a movie it would considered as a Cult Classic ;D
My very 1st speakers was a 101 powered then being plug into the headphone jack of my Technics Cd Player, good thing also it had a volume knob ;)
R&D for BOSE I think is one of the best in the speaker industry or maybe the best :)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #711 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 09:13 PM »
If the 901s is a movie it would considered as a Cult Classic ;D
My very 1st speakers was a 101 powered then being plug into the headphone jack of my Technics Cd Player, good thing also it had a volume knob ;)
R&D for BOSE I think is one of the best in the speaker industry or maybe the best :)
+ 100

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #712 on: Jul 14, 2011 at 08:28 PM »
A lot of DIY guyz are going crazy with the 4" full range speaker used in 901, Companion, 141 and 101. Most are used for zigmahornet enclosure HT style. Watch out for monreq new speaker box. :) :) Sorry brader for the revelation of your new project.

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #713 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 08:43 PM »
Just got my BOSE Companion 2 Series 2 speakers...

Really good value PC speakers...  Amazing sound from these gizmos...

Having a blast when paired with my MBP MC700 & IPAD2!!!

Just trusted my ears when testing these at a BOSE Shop... Glad I made the decision to get me a pair...

Next project... BELKIN WIRELESS RECEIVER (BLUETOOTH) for my BOSE Companion 2 ;D

Offline alexxo39

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #714 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 09:56 PM »
Hi everyone. :)

Been reading all your comments regarding bose.Now having second thoughts.hehe.. But I guess Premium jewel cube speakers are way better than the direct/reflecting speakers of that acoustimass. I am planning to buy the lifestyle V35 home entertainment center. I was impressed by the adaptiq audio calibration headset and its unify intelligent integration system.  :)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 11:37 PM »
A lot of DIY guyz are going crazy with the 4" full range speaker used in 901, Companion, 141 and 101. Most are used for zigmahornet enclosure HT style. Watch out for monreq new speaker box. :) :) Sorry brader for the revelation of your new project.
Tapos na..nung Sunday pa. Na test ko na.  Pinapapogi ko pa para mganda sa video.  SQ? Tinalo niya Zigmahornet cabinet design sa bass region at mas natural ang tunog niya.  Kasi sa Zigmahornet enhance ang midrange and midbass.  Sa Double Bass Reflex design, neutral lang..pati bass natural o di masyado extended.  Video will be posted later. :)

Offline abiedudes

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 07:21 AM »
Bose 901 series 6...... should i buy or should i dont? mahirap bang ibenta ang 901 if ever hindi ko magustohan in the long run?

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 12:58 PM »
Bose 901 series 6...... should i buy or should i dont? mahirap bang ibenta ang 901 if ever hindi ko magustohan in the long run?
For keeps na yang Bose 901. Collector's item na yan. A lot of audiophile guyz are going crazy about full range speakers. Kung mura ibigay sa iyo grab it. Goodluck... :)

Offline ilongranger

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 01:05 PM »
For keeps na yang Bose 901. Collector's item na yan. A lot of audiophile guyz are going crazy about full range speakers. Kung mura ibigay sa iyo grab it. Goodluck... :)

Yup. mga 30k is fair price for a great condition used 901 series 6. Have been forced to sell mine due to some none audio project but will be back with a vengeance.
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 02:57 PM »

Yup. mga 30k is fair price for a great condition used 901 series 6. Have been forced to sell mine due to some none audio project but will be back with a vengeance.
Keep mo na lang yan Brader. It's the return of the Full rangers :) :)