Author Topic: Plasma 2013  (Read 91759 times)

Offline skooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Plasma 2013
« Reply #270 on: Oct 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM »
hands down talaga ako sa panny's ZT and VT series but... yung nga eh, not locally available.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: Oct 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM »
BTW, apparently nauuna nga ang Samsung in OLED and even UHD.  I can understand the 8K-9K street price for the 55 inch 4K OLED or 65 inch UHD considering how much more beautiful the images look compared to the current top of the line 1080p TVs, but I really don't get the point of curving a 55-inch screen, not even a 65 inch screen...not big enough to curve and nakakailang lang. 

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Oct 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM »
Down to $5,500 bigla lahat ng brands ng 65-inch 4K UHD (Samsung, Sony, Panasonic)...walang bumili at $7K-8K level obviously.

Asked the seller to show the same 1080p futbol game they're showing on the top of the line plasmas and LEDs nearby instead of the gorgeous demo....pareho lang ng regular LED HDTV quality.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #273 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM »
Like pioneer's exit, panasonic's exit is the end of an era.
What's going to push samsung plasmas to do better and go cheaper now that there's no competition?

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #274 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 01:27 AM »
Panasonic's problem is that they did not make any money for the fiscal year. So definitely they looked at the plasma line to cut. I do hope Samsung will still push the plasma line since if the production cost is relatively cheaper then they can still make a profit... (hypothesis)
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #275 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 09:53 AM »
What's going to push samsung plasmas to do better and go cheaper now that there's no competition?

Samsung's only competition for plasmas is LG. but LG only produces entry-level (720P) plasmas.
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #276 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM »
Asked the seller to show the same 1080p futbol game they're showing on the top of the line plasmas and LEDs nearby instead of the gorgeous demo....pareho lang ng regular LED HDTV quality.

this was what i was waiting for... and hopefully as a gaming tv how would 4k fare compared to its 1080 counterpart?

btt..sayang ang plasma.. was really going to get it.. change pf plans...

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 02:51 PM »

I  think Samsung will continue making good plasmas.  Now that Panny is out of the way, what will motivate Sammy?  --- The prestige of making the best TV in the world.   Sammy finally did it this year by winning the 2013 VE shootout.   

Samsung can afford to continue making a smaller line of plasma TVs; Panasonic can't.  Samsung posted a $22.5B profit for 2012; Panasonic got a $10B loss for 2012. 

It's not the end of an era of good but affordable TVs.  Although it does look like it's the end of an era for "Japan, Inc."

Sammy will stop plasma production when OLED TVs go mainstream.  There's one obstacle for plama's future: 4K.  Since it's unlikely that any company will invest in a plasma factory with 4K capability, it looks like plasma will forever max out at 2K.

When 4K prices go down, it's going to be high-end LED vs. high-end OLED, both 4K.  That's the time when Sammy can let go of plasma.

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2013 at 03:17 PM by barrister »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #278 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 05:57 PM »
if i'm not mistaken, Samsung entered the plasma tv market quite late ... they would try to extend plasma sales to maximize their investment for manufacturing plasma tv's - it should still be possible because of the lower manufacturing cost
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 09:46 PM »
Grabe ganda ng demo ng car racing game on a 4K - my question is, how soon will the native 4K games be released?   Hindi na ako updated sa PC ang console gaming but I know that the latest gen PS and Xbox are coming soon.

Well kung hindi naman sila mag-develop ng 4K plasma, talagang kakainin ng 4K eventually ang 1080p plasma anyways.   But if I were in the market for a new HDTV right now, I would still buy the best plasmas available and enjoy it for 3 years at least.  Kelan pa dadating ang 4K broadcast or native 4K movies?   Earliest sa 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics siguro (with Panasonic as proud sponsor - hehehe) or baka abutin pa sa 2020 Tokyo Olympics.   Our Mar-2010 V2 and Aug-2010 V20 are still awesome after over 3 years of full-time TV use, and hopefully our Nov-2012 VT30 will last as long at least, or until 4K prices reach the current levels of 1080p sets.  Parts and service support will outlast the "end of production" date - pero hassle malamang if gray ang unit mo.

this was what i was waiting for... and hopefully as a gaming tv how would 4k fare compared to its 1080 counterpart?

btt..sayang ang plasma.. was really going to get it.. change pf plans...
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2013 at 09:47 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Oct 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM »
Grabe ganda ng demo ng car racing game on a 4K - my question is, how soon will the native 4K games be released?   Hindi na ako updated sa PC ang console gaming but I know that the latest gen PS and Xbox are coming soon.

Well kung hindi naman sila mag-develop ng 4K plasma, talagang kakainin ng 4K eventually ang 1080p plasma anyways.   But if I were in the market for a new HDTV right now, I would still buy the best plasmas available and enjoy it for 3 years at least.  Kelan pa dadating ang 4K broadcast or native 4K movies?   Earliest sa 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics siguro (with Panasonic as proud sponsor - hehehe) or baka abutin pa sa 2020 Tokyo Olympics.   Our Mar-2010 V2 and Aug-2010 V20 are still awesome after over 3 years of full-time TV use, and hopefully our Nov-2012 VT30 will last as long at least, or until 4K prices reach the current levels of 1080p sets.  Parts and service support will outlast the "end of production" date - pero hassle malamang if gray ang unit mo.

some pc games can already be played in 4K, provided that your pc is up to the task.

BTT: the only 4K plasma I know is Panasonic's 152 inch monster.
http://www.panasonic.com/business/plasma/3d/3d-plasma-th-152ux1.asp  :o

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 08:26 AM »

sir, would it be possible to ask them to plug in a current game system (ps3 or xbox360) on that 4ktv theyre demoing? tapos see side by side kung may difference sa 1080tv? just like what they did with the futbol hdtv demo...

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 08:38 AM »

sir, would it be possible to ask them to plug in a current game system (ps3 or xbox360) on that 4ktv theyre demoing? tapos see side by side kung may difference sa 1080tv? just like what they did with the futbol hdtv demo...

hindi ka siguro pabibigyan about your request kasi they know u won't buy it anyway, lol....

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM »
hindi ka siguro pabibigyan about your request kasi they know u won't buy it anyway, lol....

sa pinas ganun.. pero sa ibang bansa, customer is king..

Offline PNay

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #284 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM »

Last time po sa US kami totoo po na customers are the king. Sa Bestbuy we can request whatever we want from them. Kami pa po ang kinukulit for anything baka sakali ma sale talk kami to buy from them.

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 02:01 PM »
well sa US madali lang mag utang, eh dito sa atin mahirap, lol...kaya magaling ang pinoy salesman to differentiate who,s the potential customers are hehehehe...

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 02:25 PM »
well sa US madali lang mag utang, eh dito sa atin mahirap, lol...kaya magaling ang pinoy salesman to differentiate who,s the potential customers are hehehehe...

sino naman nagsabi na kelangan utangin ang pambili??

actually, they suck at knowing who the potential customers are.. they only look at how customers dress.. but agree ako sayo.. they wouldnt bend their backs on inquiries.. e pano ka naman bibili kung di mo makikita ang nireresearch mo? ano gusto nila? pay muna tapos kung di ka satisfied, sorry nalang? buti kung pwede mo ibalik.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM by Waxx »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM »
I'm referring to the Magnolia room of Best Buy.  I didn't notice if their top of the line displays are connected to any gaming console.  HD cable and the 4K demo ay Yes.  The 1080p futbol game was actually live Sunday futbol.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #288 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM »
actually, they suck at knowing who the potential customers are.. they only look at how customers dress.. but agree ako sayo.. they wouldnt bend their backs on inquiries.. e pano ka naman bibili kung di mo makikita ang nireresearch mo? ano gusto nila? pay muna tapos kung di ka satisfied, sorry nalang? buti kung pwede mo ibalik.
OT: parang sa myphone, ayaw ipa-demo yung iceberg phone nila.  dami tuloy potential customers na di nalang bumili.
ninjababez online ..

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM »
actually.. im amazed at the salesperson in this country on the way they judge potential buyers..

same as some members.. the way they think na im not a potential buyer... :D

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #290 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM »
actually.. im amazed at the salesperson in this country on the way they judge potential buyers..

correct.hirit ng hirit,di ka naman kilala. ::)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2665
« Reply #291 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM »

buti na lang kahit nakashorts and tsinelas lang ako nung bumili ng tv ineentertain ako ng salesperson
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM »
buti na lang kahit nakashorts and tsinelas lang ako nung bumili ng tv ineentertain ako ng salesperson

face value e.. kamukha mo si ninoy... :D

btt na...

im now torn between 65 inch VT60, 75inch LEDf8000, and a 4ktv..

coming from 65in es8000 series... that has the dreaded clouding and vertical banding issues..

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM »
face value e.. kamukha mo si ninoy... :D

btt na...

im now torn between 65 inch VT60, 75inch LEDf8000, and a 4ktv..

coming from 65in es8000 series... that has the dreaded clouding and vertical banding issues..

I would choose the 65VT60 from your choices. as nice as a 4K tv is, there's hardly any material for it yet.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM »
I would choose the 65VT60 from your choices. as nice as a 4K tv is, there's hardly any material for it yet.

true.. i was hoping on the fact that the 4ktv would upscale nicely..but thanks to sir clondalkin and his first hand info.. the 4ktv was bumped down the list..

its a toss up between the 75 in and the plasma..ill check the 75incher this weekend for issues i have now.. if a big improvement then ill get the 75..if same issues ill get the plasma..

but then again.. di naman ako potential buyer..so i haveto thank one member here that will get his 75in tv tonight and allowing me to see it this weekend.

you cant bank on stores here to demo it for me coz i often fail in their 'potential buyer' checklist

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #295 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM »
OT:  Sir Waxx, parang ang lalim nang pagka-tanim mo ah.  Na-trato po ba kayo na parang hampas lupa?  Ramdam na ramdam ko ang puot...  :P

Oks lang yan sir.  It's their loss.  Ako rin naka pambahay minsan kung bumili nang appliance, kaya ayun, madalas rin na deadma.  I'll just take my business somewhere else...
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM by paolorenzo »

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM »
OT:  Sir Waxx, parang ang lalim nang pagka-tanim mo ah.  Na-trato po ba kayo na parang hampas lupa?  Ramdam na ramdam ko ang puot...  :P

Oks lang yan sir.  It's their loss.  Ako rin naka pambahay minsan kung bumili nang appliance, kaya ayun, madalas rin na deadma.  I'll just take my business somewhere else...

ahahahahha actually di naman.. di naman talaga ako bumibili sa mga stores sa mall. overpriced much.. i just look at the demo there and at times listen to the BS of the salesman and hear their claims.. minsan sobrang BS wala naman sa feature ng TV na yun.. ang sarap nga i record e..

nakakatawa lang on how people tend to judge buyers based on appearance.. or their posts for that matter..

btt na.. :D sorry for the OT.

sa totoo lang. di pa ako nakakita ng VT60 in action.. san ba meron sa pinas?

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM »

sa totoo lang. di pa ako nakakita ng VT60 in action.. san ba meron sa pinas?

baka meron ang mga grey market sellers.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 01:03 PM »
baka meron ang mga grey market sellers.

actually wala akong makita e.. worst case scenario ill have to import it myself.. then again, if i didnt like it, will somebody buy it?

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 03:56 PM »
actually wala akong makita e.. worst case scenario ill have to import it myself.. then again, if i didnt like it, will somebody buy it?

Sure, why not.  Gandang TV ng VT60.  Easy to sell if it's going to be a 50 incher.  But 65 inch and up, it might be harder to sell. 

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013 at 03:56 PM by barrister »