Author Topic: Wiredstate Projects  (Read 124488 times)

Offline H a n $

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Wiredstate Projects
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 10:51 AM »
superman,

+++   +++  hehehehe
       +
       +
+           +
  +++++

Offline sebman

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Guru
  • yes mi lord
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 10:57 AM »
congrats dyan sa pre-amp sir superman... tamang tama yan sa saturday listening session...  :D

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 11:11 AM »
that's great, sir V_D!...even the offer  :o, wala ka na mahahanap sa iba...will definintely get one this weekend... sana nga avaialble saturday afternoon para i can enjoy it kaagad (although no rush naman)...will just get in touch with you...thanks again, sir! 8)

congrats in advanced!!!!  ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #33 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 12:50 PM »
congrats in advanced!!!!  ;D

wag muna, baka maunsiyami...sana umabot...thanks guys!...in the event na di umabot, i've asked a fellow member to bring his preamp...thanks again!  ;D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 01:17 PM »
wag muna, baka maunsiyami...sana umabot...thanks guys!...in the event na di umabot, i've asked a fellow member to bring his preamp...thanks again!  ;D

if you are having a listening session, suggest you use a preamp that has had several hours of break-in...the preamp can be left on non-stop with a signal passing through it but with the amp off...

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 01:57 PM »
if you are having a listening session, suggest you use a preamp that has had several hours of break-in...the preamp can be left on non-stop with a signal passing through it but with the amp off...

ok sir V_D...noted your suggestion...i'll call you again tomorrow to finalize everything...thanks again!  8)

btw sir...since you're suggesting that the pre-amp can be turned on while the amp is off, how about the source??? does it have to be turned on also??? thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2003 at 02:00 PM by Superman »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 02:15 PM »

sent you pm sir.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #37 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 02:27 PM »
??? Mukhang di yata pwede sa receeiver ko (Marantz 4300)

ako na marantz sr4300----pwede ka yan yung sa 6.1 in? ???.....pero sa left and right channels ko lang ipapasok ::).....sir vintage?

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 02:42 PM »
btw sir...since you're suggesting that the pre-amp can be turned on while the amp is off, how about the source??? does it have to be turned on also??? thanks!  :D

the source provides the signal, so if off, no signal will pass through to break-in the preamp...

best is to use rock or any dynamic cd running in repeat mode.  make sure that the system produces the music first, then turn off the amp (only)...idea is you can keep the system running without disturbing your household overnight  :)

Offline s2kov

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 03:08 PM »
Hhmmm..... ::) ::) ::)mukhang ok ito ah!!!ano vargas bili ka na!!! ;D ;D ;D

ako na marantz sr4300----pwede ka yan yung sa 6.1 in? ???.....pero sa left and right channels ko lang ipapasok ::).....sir vintage?

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 03:15 PM »
check you solid state amps for direct input (or power amp input) some receivers have these feature.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2003 at 03:15 PM by arnoldc »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 04:03 PM »
the source provides the signal, so if off, no signal will pass through to break-in the preamp...

best is to use rock or any dynamic cd running in repeat mode.  make sure that the system produces the music first, then turn off the amp (only)...idea is you can keep the system running without disturbing your household overnight  :)

ok...got it sir...thanks so much (again!)!  8)

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 04:51 PM »
Hhmmm.... ::) ::) ::)I think i have to remove the jumper on my receiver (HK5500) frequently when i got it to feel the real score of this preamp....

Sir ArnoldC,

Can you give me some guidelines on how to build diy interconnect (yung mura lng :D :D :D)? Thanks.... 8) 8) 8)

check you solid state amps for direct input (or power amp input) some receivers have these feature.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2003 at 04:52 PM by s2kov »

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 08:01 PM »
to all those with receivers,

sorry, unless your receiver has the 'amp in' or 'power in' inputs, you can't use the preamp.  one easy way to find out is check at the back of your receiver if there is a pair of jumper wires that goes from one rca jack to another.

if yes, just remove the jumber wires and connect the preamp out into the rca jacks...

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 08:13 PM »

hi levi, what's that wooden vintage gear on top of your rack...looks real cool...where did you get it?

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2003 at 08:14 PM by vintage_dog »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 08:20 PM »
From the province. My dad bought it for P400.

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 09:31 PM »
s2kov, check out wiredstate.com i have posted several already.

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 09:41 PM »
Sir V_D'

Hehehe.... ;D ;D ;DYou said it, we play it.... 8) 8) 8)

Sir ArnoldC,

Thanks, i'll just check it on WS.... :D :D :D

to all those with receivers,

sorry, unless your receiver has the 'amp in' or 'power in' inputs, you can't use the preamp.  one easy way to find out is check at the back of your receiver if there is a pair of jumper wires that goes from one rca jack to another.

if yes, just remove the jumber wires and connect the preamp out into the rca jacks...

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 09:47 PM »
i'll be getting the ws preamp tom. i'll test it with a nad amp first while waiting for my tube amp  ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 10:35 PM »
i'll be getting the ws preamp tom. i'll test it with a nad amp first while waiting for my tube amp  ;D

Adriane,

Welcome to the WS Tube PreAmp Club! CONGRATULATIONS! ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2003 at 01:37 AM by Superman »

Offline Narayan

• Trade Count: (+362)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • When we change. . . the world changes with us.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #50 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 11:21 PM »
Lets have a listening session. Curious ako with SS amps with our preamp. I can bring mine also.

Levi, sent you a PM.
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC
Meadowlark Kestrel 2/ERA D10

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 12:27 AM »

congrats!  i'm sure you will enjoy the tube sound using the preamp.  it mates well with solid state amps like the NAD!  enjoy!

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 12:46 AM »
if you guys are having a listening session using this preamp, please use the one which has been used or burned-in at least 20 hours...they get better in time and will sound best with at least 100 hours...

one other bonus using this preamp is that you can try out dozens of different tubes (of different makes/brands) and get a slightly different sonic character...that is what is meant by "tube rolling"...experimenting with different tubes and enjoying the sound...just like trying out different wines, each one giving a different flavor and experience!

enjoy!

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2003 at 12:47 AM by vintage_dog »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 01:36 AM »
if you guys are having a listening session using this preamp, please use the one which has been used or burned-in at least 20 hours...they get better in time and will sound best with at least 100 hours...

one other bonus using this preamp is that you can try out dozens of different tubes (of different makes/brands) and get a slightly different sonic character...that is what is meant by "tube rolling"...experimenting with different tubes and enjoying the sound...just like trying out different wines, each one giving a different flavor and experience!

enjoy!

noted, sir V_D!...if ever i get it tomorrow, i'll make sure to plug it in from morning til the following day (as per your instructions on turning on everything, then turning off the "amp" only)...i'm quite excited with this new "toy"...thanks to you and the other wiredstate gurus!  8)

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 05:13 PM »
Nice Turntable of you have there Levi. :)

Akin na lang. ;)

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 05:17 PM »
Sir Francis,

Will the WS preamp match with my HK receiver??

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 06:04 PM »
Sir Francis,

Will the WS preamp match with my HK receiver??

yes it will so long as you can connect the preamp directly to the amp section of the receiver.  have you checked if your receiver has an "amp in" or a jumper wire at the rear to accept external preamps?

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 09:35 PM »
For guys curious if the WS preamp can work with a receiver with an amp in, yes it does! Just got mine today and tested the preamp by connecting it to the main in of my nadt752. I can go louder with the preamp hooked in as at 12 o' clock position it goes real loud...and cleaner, seems like the amp is hindered if you use the receivers volume control. and the preamp is just barely broken in ;D

Offline arapaap

• Apprentice
  • mind travel...
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 10:41 PM »
so guys, how did the preamp match with your receivers?  how did the musical presentation go? ???

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 10:50 PM »
so guys, how did the preamp match with your receivers?  how did the musical presentation go? ???

there are several guys with receivers using thsi preamp now..here are comments posted at wiredstate:

from"toobsnewbie"

Cheers!

Source: teac c1-d cd player
interconnects: DIY magnet wire using monster cable rca plugs
preamp: Wiredstate preamp
Amp: NAD T752 Amp section
Speakers: Custom made speakers, transmission line using a 1" silk dome tweeter and 8" kevlar driver.

Just got the preamp today from arnoldc, since i'm still waiting for my tube amp, I temporarily connected it to the main amplifier inputs of my nadt752. I was not really expecting much but like most it was a very pleasant surprise, not just with the preamp, but the amps of the nad, as its capabilities are fully used when i used the WS preamp :) .

The sound was much cleaner, voices were much clearer, instruments are more discernible (its like snow rose is just singing in front of you without a mike, with a guitar player by his side), bass was fuller, highs more crisp.for an entry level system i just might get spoiled :D . To think of the price i paid for this kind of performance... its a real bargain, if ever i buy or try a much more expensive preamp, I can't really expect an improvement comensurate of the price, and add the fact that this unit i got is not fully broken in yet :shock: