Author Topic: TROY (R3)  (Read 51771 times)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
Re: TROY (R3)
« Reply #30 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 08:31 PM »
got it preordered tonight, 'tis better be good or else hehe  >:( ;D two hits na warner sa akin!  >:D

what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 08:36 PM »
keating, saw the pix at Astro Glorieta and reserved my copies. what the sales attendant told me is  "just in case" i refuse to get my reserved copies for whatever reason, they would allow me to use the reservation fee to  purchase replacement items. more or less, a good deal..

Offline krets pulpol

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 08:41 PM »
uuuy di tayo nagabot hemmi!!  ;) kagagaling ko lang kanina bago mag 8 pm.
"reserved copies" mukhang marami-rami 'to ah hehe  >:D
sayang kung may stl sa astro, most likely meron tayo nito hehe

i hope i won't disappointed with this release, kahit may preorders ako ng r1 haha

;D

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 08:52 PM »
keating, saw the pix at Astro Glorieta and reserved my copies. what the sales attendant told me is  "just in case" i refuse to get my reserved copies for whatever reason, they would allow me to use the reservation fee to  purchase replacement items. more or less, a good deal..

Yeah that's a good deal already.....dude did you reserve 3 copies?  ???

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 08:56 PM »
that's a pretty good deal hemi ... will reserve an extra copies then :)
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:01 PM »
krets..  mga 720pm ako nandun... nag-aabang ng ako ng mga pinoydvd members at sayang wala akong inabutan..  di kasi ako makaintay sa Troy LE  and we're having problems with our local Post Office and 2 of my packages with LE dvds have not been delivered after 40 days.. i am providing a new shipping address for the rest.. grabe.. mahirap na talaga ang Pinas.

keating, yep, got 3 copies of Troy LE local release. i can return naman just in case it's not as "fab" as the Korean release.. this is the first time in Philippine DVD history that a whole new concept has been implemented so might as well grab the opportunity.. better reserve now than be sorry..

8)
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:12 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline krets pulpol

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:10 PM »
hehe sayang bro! i know the limited korean release is more sought after, pero i want to grab this opportunity too.  mukhang ok naman eh for the price, 1,300 pesos for limited edition.  pasimple pa ako, kunwari di ko alam yung reservations at release ng dvd hahaha  ;D kaso when i asked the salesladies ano ichura, para daw godfather boxset in leather  ??? sabi hah! ganun lang but i'm hoping it's better than what she said, kita ko kasi sa poster sa labas.  dude, nga pala, wag mo ipapadaan sa makati post office, katakotakot na sakit ng ulo aabutin mo hehe

next week mga pips, kitakits tayo  8)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:11 PM »
First time nga hemisphere that R3 release this kind of dvd....regarding your post office problems keep your fingers cross na dumating but I have a premonition already....tagal na almost one month already.... :(

the ad of Troy for local release just saw it on Inquirer when I was paying my bills at BDO branch in Sm North...after I saw it.....check ko kaagad sa Astro.... ;D

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:18 PM »
Went to Astro Greenhills earlier this evening to reserve my copy. Saw the banner posted on the front door. I actually took a picture with my phone but my pc won't detect it..  ??? I'll be posting it as soon as I can figure out how to get the pic from my phone to the computer..  ;D Or maybe I can MMS it to one of you guys?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:22 PM »
Went to Astro Greenhills earlier this evening to reserve my copy. Saw the banner posted on the front door. I actually took a picture with my phone but my pc won't detect it..  ??? I'll be posting it as soon as I can figure out how to get the pic from my phone to the computer..  ;D Or maybe I can MMS it to one of you guys?

send it to me cherub.. try ko...:)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:30 PM »

krets and keating, thanks for the advice. bad trip nga at ang tagal ng mga koreandvds ko and i have to decide til tuesday kung saan ishi-ship and mga ibang orders ko na on-hold ngayon..  if only we have a hotline for POST OFFICE.. Las Pinas PO people used to be so kind pero nakahalata ata na marami akong pinapadala at nagkaroon ng interest.. it jeopardizes my dvd career tuloy.. hmp..

anyhow.. Troy LE - korean would go as high as $100 shipped in the market .. so this is a better alternative. i would go for this set anytime.. provided that Warner honors their advertising and labelling campaign again.. case in point Robin Hood, no official statements?? im working with some people now to check how the item was approved for selling given the wrong labels.. it may take time but every journey begins with a single step... dont want to do this but they have given me no choice.. ala Hulk.. You won't like me when I'm mad.. 

>:D
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2004 at 09:43 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #41 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 10:49 PM »
mga bro..paging good samaritans who can help me get a copy of TroyLE.....am from out of town kasi and i would appreciate it very much if someone can get a copy and ship it to me..

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 05:12 AM »
Sorry 'bout the promised pics.. Di ko mapagkasundo yung phone at pc ko!  >:( Hopefully Warner can give Sir firewired the pics soon so we can all get a preview..  ;D It kind of looks like Dances With Wolves Korean Limited Ed, doesn't it? Ganun din kaya kalaki? Ngayon lang ako naka-preorder ng R3 Limited Ed eh.. ;D

edomingo, you might want to ask some of the Marketplace sellers if they can help you out with this one.. of course expect to pay a slight premium over the normal price siguro.  ;)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 06:49 AM »
Cherubrock is right looks like the packaging color/cover of Dances with Wolves Korean Edition.... :)

parang mas malaki/bulky pa yata doon....we'll wait and see for the release next week although I didn't like this movie....I'll buy it because of its packaging & collectibility value baka mag-OOP kaagad....

Hemisphere dude....an eye for an eye....a tooth for a tooth for Robin Hood Extended Ed.  ??? ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 07:34 AM »
bro keating, i never looked at it that way. i am sure Warner people are surfing and visiting this site regularly. a simple disclaimer sticker would solve the problem. I think Warner is too big a company to overlook such significant details or even ignore requests coming from collectors like us . this incident is a total disrespect to high spirited collectors who order dvds as far as germany and encounter no problems/discrepancy.

cherubrock
and keating, re Dances with Wolves similarities, baka mag-expect ang mga co-members natin. i say Godfather and LOTR are better packagings peg based on the pix. no details na naman kasi which is weird when you are marketing a product and issuing a memo to all Astro branches without the actual dummy of the product or a picture present in stores. buti na lang we have this site and we have firewired to update us.  or could it be that they are checking the pre-orders count before producing the entire quantity. sigurista strategy..

on the positive side of it, this move by Warner could pose a challenge to other studios-- to improve and provide customized deluxe editions dvds to the market, expanding "international" competence, and marry customer satisfaction with profits. baka next time pati Feng Shui in DVD may Limited Edition na.. Alright!!

anyhow.. still getting TROY LE inspite of all. im not banking on the film for i have not seen it. pag di talaga maganda ang packaging.. tsk tsk tsk..

edomingo.. i have seen that you have transacted with some of the best marketplace sellers. if you have fostered good relationships with them, they could perhaps help you get your Troy LE. these are nice and accommodating people.  you may want to pm them first... if all else fails, pm me and ill see what i can do..

8)

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:17 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline Reefshark

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Ride on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #45 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 09:52 AM »
Mukhanng maganda nga sya, based on the poster add sa Astro and hopefully we all don't get disapointed!   :D 

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 12:49 PM »
Banner's up on the front page to whet your DVD appetites a bit. We're just cleaning up the box and booklet pictures and will post them ASAP.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2004 at 12:54 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Baluts

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 01:05 PM »
hey wats the diff ng SE at LE sa disc features? cases lang ba ang pinagkaiba nila?

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 01:23 PM »
tanong ko lang.Is this completely an import???. :)

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 01:37 PM »
 ;D ;D

malapit na!

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 01:57 PM »
 :o  :o

I'm excited too.
Never been excited before for a R3 Philippine release before

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 07:30 PM »
Hemisphere dude I respect your decision regarding Robin Hood. The color of the packaging looks like Dances with Wolves....color only folks....let's wait for Firewired's post about the pics.... :)

went to Astro Sm North kanina after office hours and reserved already for the box set....ten people already posted their reservations there....

is it made in Taiwan also like Alien Quad?  ???

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:09 PM »
bro.. after a week of not thinking about it.. Warner's case is no longer an issue.. if they think it ain't broke, we can't fix it..  ill keep my silence while my colleagues do their thing..   just ordered my R1 Robin Hood EE... so i rest my case.. let's just hope that i'll be the last person to complain..  firewired, do they have a customers service hotline or email address?

-----------------

i cant believe that til today, less than a week before the release, the collector's details regarding TROY LE are still vague..

btw, according to ASTRO peepz, we can get our dvds at the 15th.. so check ko muna ang mga reviews..  before getting my copies...

???

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:46 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:10 PM »
More pix and details are up on the  front page including photos of the LE box and collectible booklet. Looks pretty good to me!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:14 PM »
wow.. ang bilis... kaka-post ko pa lang may sagot na si firewired.. would the discs be inside the keepcase tapos inside this leather type box or ala digipak style like In The Name Of The Rose LE? would you know?

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:15 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:26 PM »
The keepcase will be inside the leather box. No more digi-packs for Warner releases unfortunately. I think the Korean Limited Edition will  come with an Amaray-style case as well (if I remember the conversation correctly). What did Korea say?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:29 PM »
oic.. basically the same concept.. the discs will be inside an Amaray-style case. the keepcase and the book/booklet will be inside the wooden box.. same execution i guess..

will this be numbered btw? :) 

-------

no more digipacks for Warner Philippines but i think Warner Korea and US are still producing digipak releases for some titles like THX.. 
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:37 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:42 PM »
bro.. after a week no thtinking about it.. Warner's case is not an issue anymore.. if they think it ain't broke, we can't fix it..  ill keep my silence while my colleagues do their thing..   just ordered my R1 Robin Hood EE... so i rest my case.. let's just hope that i'll be the last person to complain..  firewired, do they have a customers service hotline or email address?

-----------------

i cant believe that til today, less than a week before the release, the collector's details regarding TROY LE are still vague..

btw, according to ASTRO peepz, we can get our dvds at the 15th.. so check ko muna ang mga reviews..  before getting my copies...

???

Bro I thought Oct. 12 we can get our copies already....Gloria the wonderful sales rep at Astro Sm north told me kanina....anyway if 15 ok lang din....in time after payday.... :)

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:48 PM »
Di ko na na-post yung pic ko.. but looking at the front page, it looks great! I actually haven't seen this film also, and got mixed reviews from the people who have.. Strange nga I was also told that it would be available na on the 12th, although baka 12th for those who made reservations and the 14th for the rest.. Buti na lang I got the number of the Astro store just in case, you guys might want to do the same and confirm first before rushing on the 12th  ;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:57 PM »
same here...  have not watched the film..  :-\   sana manalo ako ng Magic Sing!!!

tuloy tuloy na kaya itong Limited Edition releases? the fate of the LE releases in the Philippines would depend greatly on the sales take off of this set.. let's support this effort so studios would be inspired to give us the best dvds and packaging..

;)