Author Topic: Warner Mid-Year Markdown  (Read 57926 times)

Offline jinjin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • simply collecting!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Warner Mid-Year Markdown
« Reply #300 on: Oct 19, 2005 at 07:35 PM »
im not exactly the authority here but i was told that it ends by 31-Oct.  but who knows it may get extended if the response is above WB's expectations...

thanks for the info chivalry. sana nga extended!
Canon 7D | 580EX Speedlite | 50mm 1.2L | 100mm 2.8L IS | Click!!!

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #301 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 02:41 PM »
Got a couple of titles recently @ P299. I'm starting to like the snap case again. Sana maextend, don't have that much time and money yet. ;D Got the following:
1) Point of No Return
2) A Perfect World
3) Gremlins SE (...didn't think there were still copies left of this in circulation)

...all in snap case. ;)
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Oct 24, 2005 at 01:48 PM »
Got a couple of titles recently @ P299. I'm starting to like the snap case again. Sana maextend, don't have that much time and money yet. ;D Got the following:
1) Point of No Return
2) A Perfect World
3) Gremlins SE (...didn't think there were still copies left of this in circulation)

...all in snap case. ;)

where did you get GREMLINS SE? Thanks. also looking for Goonies. Got a couple yesterday. EAST OF EDEN AND REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE both SE 2 disc editions at Greenhills astro.
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline kim85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Oscar boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Oct 24, 2005 at 03:25 PM »
it's really sad in my case because i've already purchased Around the World in 80 Days, Unforgiven, My Fair Lady, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in their original retail price which is Php895.

i've already purchased LOTR:Return of the King for Php1300. and now, it's only Php895.

what a loss.

Offline Chivalry

• Collector
  • Chivalry is not dead!
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Oct 24, 2005 at 11:38 PM »
it's really sad in my case because i've already purchased Around the World in 80 Days, Unforgiven, My Fair Lady, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in their original retail price which is Php895.

i've already purchased LOTR:Return of the King for Php1300. and now, it's only Php895.

what a loss.

look at the bright side, at least you got to enjoy them way ahead of many others.  :)  besides, you cant tell back then whether these titles will still be available when WB decided to put them on sale -- example, a lot of members are still looking for The Big Red One but i remembered seeing copies everywhere before the sale.  8)
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Oct 25, 2005 at 09:51 AM »
Also, another bright side to think about, is that if you can shell out that much for a DVD and not keep waiting like crazy for a SALE like most of us, that means you "can afford" it (without breaking a sweat), unlike me.... :-[

Offline upinsmoke

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Oct 25, 2005 at 01:03 PM »
If you're the type who buys DVD when they go on sale then your DVD collection will be a year or two behind everybody else.  Think of Constantine.  A lot of folks still think P499 is too expensive and hoping the price would drop to P350.  Hangang antay lang sila ngayon.  How long do you think before Batman Begins hit the P350 price range?  That's a long wait.  There's just some titles that are worth the initial price.

Offline xeqtionr

• Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Oct 26, 2005 at 07:13 PM »
look at the bright side, at least you got to enjoy them way ahead of many others.  :)  besides, you cant tell back then whether these titles will still be available when WB decided to put them on sale -- example, a lot of members are still looking for The Big Red One but i remembered seeing copies everywhere before the sale.  8)

Chivalry, you mean to say that Warner would eventually pull these bargain titles off the shelves when they decide to declare their markdown sale period as officially over???

If that's the case, Whew! Glad I grabbed the DVD releases of Woodstock, The Right Stuff and One flew Over...
Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Oct 26, 2005 at 11:10 PM »
In the spectacular lenticular packaging of Batman Begins DE, I chanced upon (in astro podium) an equally great title which I refused to take notice of. This is an ORIGINAL SNAPPER LENTICULAR R3 title which was the original version initially released but now reissued in an AMARAY like case w/o the lenticular cover. Its 299! :o
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline Chivalry

• Collector
  • Chivalry is not dead!
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Oct 27, 2005 at 11:42 AM »
Chivalry, you mean to say that Warner would eventually pull these bargain titles off the shelves when they decide to declare their markdown sale period as officially over???

If that's the case, Whew! Glad I grabbed the DVD releases of Woodstock, The Right Stuff and One flew Over...

oh i meant that there's no assurance that the titles we want will still be available during a sale.  :)  i dont think WB will pull out any titles available on stock, they'll just have regular price tags on them (unless they're sold out).  you got good choice of titles though 8)

interesting bit i noticed -- they didn't remove the original price tags for the titles that are "temporarily" on sale like Troy, Last Samurai, East of Eden, Big Red One, Harry Potter...  so these will probably revert back to their old price when the sale ends.

anybody knows if James Dean's Giant is included in the sale? thanks in advance
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Offline aftershock

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Oct 27, 2005 at 11:24 PM »
I hope Warner would stock up on The Goonies again! Anyone got a spare copy?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 02:43 AM »

anybody knows if James Dean's Giant is included in the sale? thanks in advance

nope, not included.. :(

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 01:49 PM »
I came from Astro Greenhills last night and there was a very wide selection of  WB titles were at P299 there. Many of the titles are not available in other stores.

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 01:54 PM »
I was also ther last night, MAtZTER.

What did you get? :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 02:01 PM »
Lol, I tried to get the Pocahontas 1 that our moderator levi was looking for for some time. But I saw you & you beat me to it!  ;D

Was looking at Batman DE, price was tempting , but I am not a big batman fan ever since, so I passed. Also just bought a bunch of DVDs from HK so I had to stop or pace my buying or my missus would have that "look" again.  ;D 60% of my collection is still sealed and 50% of the unsealed ones are still unwatched.  ;D Dami kasi ng sale, so I cant keep up in watching these DVDs, hehe.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2005 at 02:13 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 02:13 PM »
It was a good thing you didn't buy The Bat, disappointed with it.

OT lang sir, I know you got plenty of high end equipments, ask ko lang why I experience strobing during fast paced scenes when viewing in progressive scan.  Is this normal or if not, is it the media, the player(brand new LG 9934) or the surplus toshiba progressive TV? Thanks.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 02:20 PM »
Ngye. Mid end lang po gamit ko. I will try to answer your query sa Samsung HD thread or LG dvd player thread where I also saw you post this question.

Para di tayo ma OT.  ;)

I have a technical explanation in my head, but I cant put it into words as good as sir AV_phile can. Calling sir AV! please help atomicat  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2005 at 02:29 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 02:58 PM »
Sirs, I replied on the samsung DVD thread. I just need your two cents.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #318 on: Oct 29, 2005 at 02:10 AM »
was at Tower Shang kanina... there were several Warner titles there na sale dapat based on the posts here but hindi  sale doon... actually even sa Tower ATC ganoon din... I asked the sales lady and apparently wala silang info on the Warner sale  ??? sayang because I saw HOFD pero regular price pa rin...  ???

Don't Warner reps go around to check if all stores are following their promos?

Offline Chivalry

• Collector
  • Chivalry is not dead!
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Oct 29, 2005 at 10:57 PM »
1) Point of No Return
2) A Perfect World
...all in snap case. ;)

seph, you're lucky! you got a mispriced Gremlins SE.  i saw the price list and it should go for 475 (available pa sa Podium), the regular ed is the one that's 299.

by the way, for those who're looking, Astro Podium has James Dean's Rebel Without a Cause 2-disc and East of Eden 2-disc at 299 as of this afternoon.

nope, not included.. :(

thanks for the info, sir.  sayang...  :'(
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Offline benoy12

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Oct 31, 2005 at 11:07 AM »
I bought Smallville season 3 at Video City Southmall for P1,250. Di ko na maanta mag P999 ito.

Offline xeqtionr

• Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Nov 02, 2005 at 05:43 PM »
I bought Smallville season 3 at Video City Southmall for P1,250. Di ko na maanta mag P999 ito.

I once saw a 4-disc collector's ed. of Gone with the Wind at a small DVD booth inside Greenhills Sopping Center, priced at P1750. Sayang! If only I had bought the single-DVD (P675.00) release a few years ago... :'(
Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline garee

• DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 09:48 AM »
In the spectacular lenticular packaging of Batman Begins DE, I chanced upon (in astro podium) an equally great title which I refused to take notice of. This is an ORIGINAL SNAPPER LENTICULAR R3 title which was the original version initially released but now reissued in an AMARAY like case w/o the lenticular cover. Its 299! :o

i think i saw Ghost Ship in snapper lenticular and it is price i think at P495

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 12:12 PM »
I think warner already pulled out the sale on additional titles, but i think SM Record bar in North EDSA retained the prices at P299
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 07:48 PM »
I think warner already pulled out the sale on additional titles, but i think SM Record bar in North EDSA retained the prices at P299

Same goes at Astroplus SM Makati. Anniversary sale of Warner is over i guess. 299 titles are back to regular price.

As for presyong sulit sale. It is still on.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 11:43 AM »
i think i saw Ghost Ship in snapper lenticular and it is price i think at P495

Yup, saw the same lenticular snapper at Astro SM Sucat back to 495.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2005 at 11:44 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 06:57 AM »
Hey, nobody told me Empire of the Sun was double disc! I got this at Astro GHills last month(299) and was only able to discover this last night.

What a steal. John Malkovich and a young Christian Bale and of course Steven Spielberg.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 10:22 AM »
I have the single DVD-9 Empire Of The Sun first released in a warner snapper.  The new packaging seems to contain the same features.  So maybe they just split it into two DVD-5 discs which I believe is more cost effective than a DVD-9, production wise.  At any rate, at 299 this is still a great value.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2005 at 12:35 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #328 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 11:50 AM »
Medjo OT, but have any of you guys seen Dirty Harry (30th Anniv. Ed) anywhere? Thanks in advance. ;)
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 05:49 PM »
  I have the single DVD-9 Empire Of The Sun first released in a warner snapper.  The new packaging seems to contain the same features.  So maybe they just split it into two DVD-5 discs which I believe is more cost effective than a DVD-9, production wise.  At any rate, at 299 this is still a great value.   

1ST DVD(movie disc) IS 7.2 GB(DVD-9) while the second disc (special features disc) is 2.1 GB(DVD-5).

Weird.  They could have fitted the two into a single dvd9 but decided to split the two.

Lucky me. :)