Author Topic: Mission speakers  (Read 307983 times)

Offline LoBudget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re:Mission speakers
« Reply #120 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 12:39 PM »
Could you also tell me about the pricing you get for the speakers. I'd rather buy the fronts, center and rear at the same time. So far i'm eyeing the Wharfedales since the package costs 15,000 if the performance of the missions is really that good hopefully the price is not that far off from 15,000... In case you encounter a yammie 430 for less than 15,000 and a 630 for somewhere near that please tell me too. I'm looking at a budget of around 35,000 w/o the sub.

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 09:42 PM »
I don't think you can get the Missions that low.  For the 630, baka you might get a 2nd hand at that price point.  For brand new, you can get one siguro less than 24.5t, much less ;)
Nako, baka magalit na mga dealers sa akin...PM na lang niyo ako when you wish to check prices with me... :)

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 07:03 AM »
You own a yamaha right? have you tried the wharfedales with it as well? syempre may break-in period yung speakers so it would be difficult to tell which one has the better sound up front. since you've used them na which do you think is better? paki pm na lang ako regarding prices you found, preferable yung total ng fronts, rears and center... the sub can wait... hehehe... malapit na naman yung x-mas bonus...

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 01:17 PM »
I know its kinda early, but you guys think prices will drop notciably by december or shortly after? For reciever and speakers?

Offline tekgik

• Apprentice
  • boom!
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Oct 28, 2002 at 12:45 AM »
hi there,

just want to know you guys that, now im one of the proud users of mission speakers! Its one awesome speaker.... Very nice in clarity! although my speakers are still in the break-in period, i would say that it rocks! BTW i bought an m72 from upscale audio megamall for P10.4k (m not affiliated =) ) but i think thats the price for m72's right now??? I used it with a pioneer 355 and onkyo 500. m72's bass is very nice! the placing of the speaker are very crucial! Ive test my old techno bass cd and whoa! i got a boom box in a small package! very very good talaga! Though im still cant volume up beyond volume 60..... goodluck for the prospective buyers... you wont regret it!

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Good Day : )
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Oct 28, 2002 at 12:17 PM »
Congratulations!!!  :) ;) :D

This weekend I watched "Black Hawk Down," "Harry Potter" and some concert DVDs....all I can say on my ALL-Mission (M73i, M7c1, and M70) setup's performance AWESOME!!!!

Even without a sub yet, Bass kicked! Mids and High were clear, detailed and nicely separated. The Helicopter sounds if its just flying outside your room : ) And the gun-battle was just like in your own-garage.

I'm like in a DTS or DolbyDigital Movie Theater...well feeling safer pa without the problem baka may bomb scare sa malls : )

Furthermore, even I played Loud, as in loud....Mission dont tire your ears...like other speakers do, its still pleasant and polite in your Ears...actually nakatulog ako (pagod na eyes sa TV) even with all those gunbattle, blasting, and chopper Sounds around.

I made the right investment on Mission speakers. Great sound with a price thats friendly.

Per an info I got....mission prices are going up.

FYI:

I saw the New Mission M5-series now available at Home Theater, store ni Mr. Sonny.

Enjoy the coming long 4-day vacation watching : )

Offline dondon

• Collector
  • What i can't find has not been recorded.
  • Liked:
Mission 780 or 781
« Reply #126 on: Dec 13, 2002 at 03:26 PM »
Which is better between the 2, Mission 780 or 781?

Offline abj104

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "let's jam !
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Dec 28, 2002 at 11:52 PM »
guys,

which is better from mission m73 & m74?

is mission better than wharfedale diamomd?

which speaker brand from the  two is a better match for yamaha rxv800?

anybody has already the experienced using the equiptment mentioned.

thanks a lot guys !

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • They say jump and you say how high
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Dec 30, 2002 at 02:02 PM »
the wharfedales require a beefy amp to really sing. same with dynes. even though they sound just "ok" with most receivers, pair them with a powerful amp and ull be reaping their potential.

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jan 02, 2003 at 09:00 AM »
Question ??

Is the Mission M5 series considered as an upgrade to M 7 series ?? Can somebody clarify this? thanks a lot.

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jan 02, 2003 at 12:39 PM »
guys,

which is better from mission m73 & m74?

is mission better than wharfedale diamomd?

which speaker brand from the  two is a better match for yamaha rxv800?

anybody has already the experienced using the equiptment mentioned.

thanks a lot guys !

I'm using a M73i with a Yammie RX1200, I'm very happy with it... I think M74 (big brother) is better, pero syempre mas mahal.  ;D

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #131 on: Jan 02, 2003 at 03:05 PM »
Hi Don!

I am using Yamaha RX-V800 with Mission M74 (front), M7C2 (center), M72 (rear) and Yamaha SW160 subwoofer.  Work great!  BUT, it must be paired with the right speaker wire (im using ixos gamma geometry 6006 without spades or banana plug to tame the brightness).  I also use MF X-10D and MF X-PSU with ixos 104 RCA (cut it in half about 18 inches long, the shorter the better) to enhance the sound of the RXV800 to give some muscle.  For me, this combination gives me clarity that i wanted and power when i need it.

Happy tweaking!
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jan 03, 2003 at 06:40 PM »
Hi Don!

I am using Yamaha RX-V800 with Mission M74 (front), M7C2 (center), M72 (rear) and Yamaha SW160 subwoofer.  Work great!  BUT, it must be paired with the right speaker wire (im using ixos gamma geometry 6006 without spades or banana plug to tame the brightness).  I also use MF X-10D and MF X-PSU with ixos 104 RCA (cut it in half about 18 inches long, the shorter the better) to enhance the sound of the RXV800 to give some muscle.  For me, this combination gives me clarity that i wanted and power when i need it.

Happy tweaking!

new_age, nice setup!   ;D same here I'm using IXOS 6006 but with the banana plugs... M7C2 for center, 7DS for surrounds, and Dynaquest DQ120 for the sub.   ;D
Btw, for the rear center  I've been contemplating on getting a M7C1i or a piece of 7DS. What do you think? Should I go for a dipole or direct-radiating?    :-\

I'll try to remove the banana plugs just like your setup  ;)

Thanks very much!
Don

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away.
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jan 03, 2003 at 08:56 PM »
Removing the banana plugs will tame the brightness?

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Jan 06, 2003 at 06:04 PM »
Hi Don!

I suggest you use a direct-radiating center back speaker and not dipole coz there are 6.1 dvds that dialogues come out in the center back, sagutan sila ng center sa front (Austin Powers yata yun). now, if you use a dipole center back, the voice will not come out natural, me echo.  Aside from M7c1i, you may also test M71, i heard one from a friend, seamless naman ang sound.

Good luck!  

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #135 on: Jan 06, 2003 at 06:22 PM »
Question ??

Is the Mission M5 series considered as an upgrade to M 7 series ?? Can somebody clarify this? thanks a lot.

The m5 series are the replacements to the 77 series, which is a higher end than the m7x series but below the 780 series. The award-winning "cinema 7" package consists of speakers in this range (773e fronts, 77c1 center, and 77ds surrounds).

GAOL

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Good Day : )
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jan 06, 2003 at 06:28 PM »
Hello, I used M7c1i for my surround back speakers, the surround back sound field produced was extraordinary, watching the movie "Gladiator" with DTS-EX audio format.

FRL - M73i
C- M7c2
SRL - M70

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jan 07, 2003 at 07:49 AM »
The m5 series are the replacements to the 77 series, which is a higher end than the m7x series but below the 780 series. The award-winning "cinema 7" package consists of speakers in this range (773e fronts, 77c1 center, and 77ds surrounds).

Thanks for the info. Im planning to replace my M72 fronts with M5 series speakers and use my M72 for my second set up.

Paging Hyperaudio! do you carry this model?

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jan 07, 2003 at 10:03 AM »
Hi Don!

I suggest you use a direct-radiating center back speaker and not dipole coz there are 6.1 dvds that dialogues come out in the center back, sagutan sila ng center sa front (Austin Powers yata yun). now, if you use a dipole center back, the voice will not come out natural, me echo.  Aside from M7c1i, you may also test M71, i heard one from a friend, seamless naman ang sound.

Good luck!  

new_age and starburst, thanks for the info. I'll guess I'll get a M7c1i, thanks very much!!!!  ;D

Don

Offline abj104

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "let's jam !
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jan 08, 2003 at 11:05 PM »
sir new age ,
para san ba yung gamit ng MF X sereis of cables na binanggit mo ?
im a newbie to HT set up ,paki turuan mo naman .
appreciate your inputs ! thanks!
 i had my set up :

wharf diamond 8 ,8.1,8.3
rxv800
dq120 sub
yamaha cdx 620
pioneer dv533k
technicx cd  player SP

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jan 09, 2003 at 07:31 AM »
Hi abj104!

I installed a Musical Fidelity X-10D and X-PSU to the RXV800 to add some muscles to its sound in audio/music only set-up, but in HT, you won't be needing these.  Check a number of inputs in one thread here about X-10D to give you comprehensive details.  

Good luck!

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 254
« Reply #141 on: Jan 15, 2003 at 08:12 AM »
Is it true that Mission Speakers are made in Malaysia? I am not familiar with this one so bare with my question. Thanks!!

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jan 15, 2003 at 05:02 PM »
Yes, for the M70 series.  :)
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline flashnymph72

• Collector
  • GetReadyToBeFlashed!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jan 18, 2003 at 12:01 PM »
Hi all Mission lovers,

i bought my M72s last month lang (barely a month old)

comparing the specs:

M72 (56Hz to 20kHz) / 25 - 100W / P10k
BW DM DM601 S3 (60Hz - 22kHz) / 25W - 100W / P18k
BW DM602 S3 (49Hz - 22kHz) / 25W - 120W / P25k

we tested all three, on the same Pioneer stereo amp (4got the model), and same songs on a cd player, and a speaker switcher, all three connected. the shop employed a mini theater test room.

to my two ears they all sound the same, so the price/performance convinced me to buy the M72s.

i havent got the idea about the brand itself, it was after i bought it and found its website and completely satisfied with it. both for music and DVD movies. the highs, mids and lows are so clear. for a much deeper bass u need a sub i.e. like DQ12/120.

In UK BW and Mission started their businesses almost on the same time. Medyo na una lang ng kunti yung BW. So what else would you want for a much lesser price?

BTW you can read Mission's history and factory tour on their website, in case your curious how they make the spkrs.  ;D You'll be surprised.

the shop here also sells Mission FS1 complete 5.1 set.
but havent heard it though.

Mission2Mars,
FlashNymph72

Offline sago

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jan 25, 2003 at 08:57 PM »
Hello, I used M7c1i for my surround back speakers, the surround back sound field produced was extraordinary, watching the movie "Gladiator" with DTS-EX audio format.

FRL - M73i
C- M7c2
SRL - M70

we were thinking kng sulit b n bumili nang M7c1 and use it muna for center and upgrade s M7c2 in the future n lng? tapos yng M7c1 will be used as back center just like what stardust did.

Offline flashnymph72

• Collector
  • GetReadyToBeFlashed!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 05:30 PM »
bro sago,

i think M7c1 will work for a normal sized HT room...pero kung bigger room then the c2 will do...just like iceman90a's setup he uses the c1...view mo lang pic ng HT room niya sa other thread  8)

ur upgrade idea is also kewl  8)

Offline sago

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 07:33 AM »
tnx flash,
         yung setup namin inv0lves 0nly a small r00m kaya feasible n cgur0 it0. ask k0 lang kung saan st0re m0 n auditi0n yung b0th missi0ns ska b&w. TIA.  8)

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 10:17 AM »
tnx flash,
         yung setup namin inv0lves 0nly a small r00m kaya feasible n cgur0 it0. ask k0 lang kung saan st0re m0 n auditi0n yung b0th missi0ns ska b&w. TIA.  8)

hi,

try Mr Tuason's store (home theater) or Mr Rivo (Hyperaudio)

flash - thanks for the plug  ;D
money is best spent

Offline flashnymph72

• Collector
  • GetReadyToBeFlashed!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 02:54 PM »
Bro sago,
No probs  ;D
dito sa amin...its in CDs en Tapes in SMCity (they sell cds tsaka mga amps, sprks etc)
kaso im in iloilo  8)
they have a speaker switcher so convenient mag audition ng mga speakers (it can switch up to mga 10 pairs) kewl nga eh lalo nat kung pipili ka ng mga sprks   8) not sure kung meron din dyan sa manila...just in case im there 4 sure iikot din ako dyan...

Offline flashnymph72

• Collector
  • GetReadyToBeFlashed!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 03:04 PM »
Bro iceman90a,
hehehe...welkx pre!  ;D
may i know everyones amp ratings?  8)
just curious kasi...
im using a pioneer 120 watt /ch (6 to 16 ohms) to drive my M72s...hanggang 3.5 lang ako sa volume or else distortion accurs or baka mag suffer na iether sa kanila  8)