Author Topic: Mission speakers  (Read 308715 times)

Offline don

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Mission speakers
« Reply #90 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 02:41 PM »
what are the improvements sa M73 na meron sa M73i? and sa M7c1 sa M7c1i.....  ??? thanks!

Titanium, sent you a PM :)
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2002 at 02:59 PM by don »

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 04:26 PM »
Don,

sent u a PM.

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 04:55 PM »
Titanium - thanks dude! check pm.  :)

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #93 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 05:45 PM »
Hi Don!

I bought an M74 for the front and M72 for the rear last August and I intentionally refarin from buying the M7C1 coz I heard from DCM that they are releasing here in Manila the M7C2.  I chance upon to buy the M7C2 yesterday and saw the i-models.  I asked Melvyn Chua of DCM, the owner and exclusive distributor of Mission, Arcam, and Musical Fidelity, what's the difference and replied that the only difference is the change in the crossover section of the  M70 series speakers.  
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline baker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Go Nuclear!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 06:00 PM »
Hi,

WHERE CAN I FIND THE STORE OF MELVYN CHUA, OF DCM?

THANKS.

BAKER

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #95 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 06:50 PM »
Baker,

From the Mission website:  ;D

#58 16th Avenue
Cubao, Quezon City
Philippines
Telephone: +63 2912 3979
Fax: +63 2911 4344
Email: [email protected]

Coming from Ali Mall going towards Project 4 via P. Tuazon, turn right at 16th Ave. It's the tall building a few houses from the corner, on the left.

GAOL

Offline baker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Go Nuclear!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 08:35 PM »
Gaol,

Thanks for the info. Was your 601s sold already?

Baker

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Sep 12, 2002 at 09:23 AM »
Hi Don!

I bought an M74 for the front and M72 for the rear last August and I intentionally refarin from buying the M7C1 coz I heard from DCM that they are releasing here in Manila the M7C2.  I chance upon to buy the M7C2 yesterday and saw the i-models.  I asked Melvyn Chua of DCM, the owner and exclusive distributor of Mission, Arcam, and Musical Fidelity, what's the difference and replied that the only difference is the change in the crossover section of the  M70 series speakers.  

Thanks dude, I'll get M7C2 na rin :) cguro Fronts and Center na muna aayusin ko, next time na yung surrounds  ;D pero pag-naka budget 7DS cguro ok. Thanks again!

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #98 on: Sep 12, 2002 at 10:48 AM »
Don

just a 2 cent advice before buying the rear.  if you are into dvd-audio or sacd or 24-bit cds, go for direct-radiating speakers on the rear, such as m70 or m71 or m72.  mas magandang tumunog than the M7ds.  Great ang M7ds sa movies because of its diffuse sound.  yan and gamit ko before, after 2 months lang nag-shift ako sa M72.  mas maganda kasi sa 5 or 6 or 7-channel stereo ang M72, pwede na rin sa movies.  I collect and watch concert dvds than movies that's why i find the M72 better. but if you go for movies, then bili na kaagad ng M7ds! ;D
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Sep 12, 2002 at 04:00 PM »
Don

just a 2 cent advice before buying the rear.  if you are into dvd-audio or sacd or 24-bit cds, go for direct-radiating speakers on the rear, such as m70 or m71 or m72.  mas magandang tumunog than the M7ds.  Great ang M7ds sa movies because of its diffuse sound.  yan and gamit ko before, after 2 months lang nag-shift ako sa M72.  mas maganda kasi sa 5 or 6 or 7-channel stereo ang M72, pwede na rin sa movies.  I collect and watch concert dvds than movies that's why i find the M72 better. but if you go for movies, then bili na kaagad ng M7ds! ;D

I like movies tsaka concert dvs.... nako mukhang kelangan pag-isipan talaga to... thanks new_age!  ;D

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Good Day : )
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 01:11 PM »
Hello, am just a new member and setting up my first HT.

I just bought last friday and setup my Mission floorstanding Fronts "M73i" (using Denon 1803 and IXOS speaker cables).

Great sound, detailed treble\mids and CLEAN, tight, Bass. Missions Hits them very well (I was able to appreciate my CD's recordings up to the detail instruments and vocal breaths).

Furthermore, very good Sound Imaging, eventhough my room was not similar in size and acoustics with Mr Sonny Tuazon's shop "The Home Theater" where I daily auditioned them here in Makati.

I also auditioned other speakers; but, Mission for me gave the BEST! overall sound reproduction performance. Its an all around speakers (for Music and Movies) and gives the "Best Value" for your limited HT budget : )

Am planning this November to hopefully complete my 6.1-ch setup using Mission M7c2 (center), M7c1i (rear surrounds) and M70 surrounds with Mission Wall brackets.

Mr. Sonny Tuazon's shop have these Mission Speaker Models and more. Its Great checking it out and auditioning it : ) And get pretty good Deals too. To hear and see is to believe.

Actually the Mission speakers will still sound better and better this coming weeks\months because it is still under break-in. : ) I got it Fresh Out from the Box!

:) ;) :D :) ;) :D

Offline emm

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 04:08 PM »
starburst,

How much did you score for your mission speakers?

Offline cpudle

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 05:58 PM »
Hello, am just a new member and setting up my first HT.

I just bought last friday and setup my Mission floorstanding Fronts "M73i" (using Denon 1803 and IXOS speaker cables).

Hi. Did you buy the Denon 1803 at Home Theater too? I'm just wondering if you also auditioned the Onkyo SR600 or 700 with Missions.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2002 at 05:59 PM by cpudle »

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 10:54 AM »
starburst,

How much did you score for your mission speakers?

At a very good market price  : ) You can call-up Sir Sonny at his store at 812-5235. Thank you.

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 11:05 AM »

Hi. Did you buy the Denon 1803 at Home Theater too? I'm just wondering if you also auditioned the Onkyo SR600 or 700 with Missions.

Yes I bought it there.

I only auditioned SR600 (on display) with Mission M72 then later M73i and it drives the speakers well.

Offline tekgik

• Apprentice
  • boom!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Oct 19, 2002 at 01:19 AM »
hi guys,

how is the denon vs onkyo perform with mission speakers? And how can i say if the mission speaker is made from malaysia? Im planning a set-up with either an onk txsr 500 or 600, but others say that denon is good too and both onk and den are good at ht/music unlike yam that is for movies only??? am i correct?

tnx!

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 12:28 PM »
The Mission M70-series are Asian Made Models, but Quality, Build, and speaker's Overall performance were not compromised in any. The speakers were still designed in Mission UK Labs.

Per some international Reviews I read, being an Asian-made only contributed a small factor in making i.e. the M70-series an awardee. But the Quality and the Sound Performance of the Speakers highly counts. They even like the speakers better aside from giving Superb Performance and also being "price-friendly". -> I agree : )

Onkyo, Yamaha, and Denon AVRs drives (matches) the Mission Speakers well. I suggest you audition these AVRs and Mission Speakers, and what pleases your Ears (BEING THE BEST JUDGE) wil help you decide on whats Best. This is what i did before, and arrived at my first HT Setup and am very Happy and Satisfied.

Bring Along your favorite CDs, DVDs, other Media and play them with the setup you prefer. Try to call Sir Sonny or visit his shop.  :) ;) :D :) ;) :D

Offline tekgik

• Apprentice
  • boom!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 09:16 PM »
The Mission M70-series are Asian Made Models, but Quality, Build, and speaker's Overall performance were not compromised in any. The speakers were still designed in Mission UK Labs.

Per some international Reviews I read, being an Asian-made only contributed a small factor in making i.e. the M70-series an awardee. But the Quality and the Sound Performance of the Speakers highly counts. They even like the speakers better aside from giving Superb Performance and also being "price-friendly". -> I agree : )

Onkyo, Yamaha, and Denon AVRs drives (matches) the Mission Speakers well. I suggest you audition these AVRs and Mission Speakers, and what pleases your Ears (BEING THE BEST JUDGE) wil help you decide on whats Best. This is what i did before, and arrived at my first HT Setup and am very Happy and Satisfied.

Bring Along your favorite CDs, DVDs, other Media and play them with the setup you prefer. Try to call Sir Sonny or visit his shop.  :) ;) :D :) ;) :D

i see, so thats why famous talaga ang mission for its price and sound! well il take note of all ur suggestions! thank you! ;)

Offline jojitb

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Mission speakers vs. Wharfdale
« Reply #108 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 10:04 AM »
Has anybody auditioned/heard an M70-series against a Wharfdale 8.x??  I know that Missions are supposed to be a level above in terms of sound quality, but does this difference justify the almost 30-40% price difference?  

I'm all set to buy Missions but if they sound almost the same, I would prefer to save some money for other things, such as a sub....

I'm not much of a music listener, so I will mostly use my setup for Movies and maybe some concert DVDs...

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re:Mission speakers vs. Wharfdale
« Reply #109 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 12:12 PM »
Has anybody auditioned/heard an M70-series against a Wharfdale 8.x??  I know that Missions are supposed to be a level above in terms of sound quality, but does this difference justify the almost 30-40% price difference?  

I'm all set to buy Missions but if they sound almost the same, I would prefer to save some money for other things, such as a sub....

I'm not much of a music listener, so I will mostly use my setup for Movies and maybe some concert DVDs...

I had not auditioned Wharfdale but am sure they will sound very different, one factor is due to the different cone materials used (i.e. Mission used Wooven glass composite on its LF driver).

Try to audition both, close your eyes and feel the difference  ;) and let your ears be the judge. Bring along your favorite DVDs or CDs   :)

Invest on the Best setup. If sub budget will not fit yet, consider Mission's floorstanders (M73i or M74i) as your fronts, it gives enough clean and tight BASS.

I just completed my 5ch. setup yesterday (M73i, M7c1i, M70), got them from Sir Sonny Tuazon . Am planning to buy a Sub next year, now am A-ok with M73i's BASS.

Enjoy : )

:) ;) :D :) ;) :D

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 254
« Reply #110 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 01:54 PM »
Star,

pa quote naman how much ang score mo sa m73i? malaki ba price difference sa m72?

Thanks!!

Offline starburst

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 05:22 PM »
DexterC, I sent u pm on your Email.  ;)

Thanks

Offline jojitb

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 05:53 PM »
I just went to shangrila to listen to wharfdale, mission and B&W. My comments:

1. Auditioned the Wharfdale 8.3 in Ambassador
 - good construction, nice looks, flimsy grill
 - sounded very muddy and indistinct
 - very boomy, the highs are missing
dunno if the problem lies with the unit we tested or the receiver they used.  Anyway, I did not like it...

2. Auditioned Mission m73i (forgot the shop)
 - good contruction, nice looks, nice sturdy grill
 - very clear and distinct, esp. on vocals
 - nice blend of highs and lows
even if the price is higher than wharfdale, this is s better buy IMHO.

3. Auditioned B&W 602.5 (same shop as the missions)
 - good contruction, nice looks, nice sturdy grill
 - very clear and distinct, esp. on vocals, clearer than missions
 - perfect blend of highs and lows
Very, very nice speakers! Unfortunately, for the price, I would rather get the Missions..

So that's it, I guess I answered my own question. Missions are definitely a very good buy...  Now, if I can only get a good price on these  ;)

starburst,
could you PM me the price also?
   :)
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2002 at 08:11 PM by jojitb »

Offline jojitb

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 08:13 PM »
another question:

I will get the M70 as rears, and will wall mount them.  Are there wall mounting kits available for these or do I have to make my own?

Offline Aylwin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 08:33 PM »
I have M70's for the rear which are wall mounted.  I like the M70's because they already have holes at the back for wall mounting.  I was able to get a 3rd party wall mounting kit from the same place I bought the M70.  So I'm sure it isn't hard to find a wall mounting kit.  Just ask from the place you intend to buy them.  I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.  Good luck!

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Oct 25, 2002 at 04:44 PM »
Aylwin/jojitb:

What made you guys decide on the M70 over the M7Ds, I am in the process of finalizing my purchase of my mission sorround...my fronts are B&W 601 s3 LCR60, most likely will be powerd by a Yammie 630...can't wait... ;D

Offline Aylwin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Oct 25, 2002 at 08:02 PM »
Jermi,
In my case, the M7ds wasn't even considered because I didn't want to get any bipoles or dipoles for my particular configuration.  I mainly wanted direct firers that were small and easy to wall mount.  The M70 was perfect.

Still, the M7ds might be worth consideration.  Just try to test both speakers if you can before making a decision.

If it's any help, I also have B&W speakers and the M70 seems to integrate well with them.

:)

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #117 on: Oct 25, 2002 at 08:19 PM »
Jermi, cost might also be a consideration in choosing between the m7ds and the m70/m71/m72 for surrounds if  one is on a tight budget. The m7ds is almost  twice the cost of the the m70.

But if your main use for the surrounds is for movies than multi-channel music, then the extra cost of the m7ds might be justified since its bipolar nature is said to better reproduce the ambient diffuse sound of movies.

As aylwin suggested, test both if you can, and then decide which configuration you prefer. In my case, I chose the m7ds over the m71 back then.

GAOL

Offline jojitb

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Oct 25, 2002 at 09:58 PM »
aside from the obvious cost advantage, I wanted direct-firing  speakers for my rears...  

What made you guys decide on the M70 over the M7Ds

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 11:16 AM »
okay, I'll audtion and will inform you guys of the verdict.

jojitb, before you buy, you might want to consult me on whether your price is the best.

I might be a newbie in HT, but I'm definitely an oldie in price negotiations.. :)

In fact, I know almost all the costs of the dealers...di ko lang alam cost ng mga cables, pero, just for everybody's info, di na ganun kalaki ang kita ng mga dealers, parang margins na rin ng computer dealers... :(  I'm from the IT industry, if you guys are making a purchase, you might want to PM me first...