Author Topic: T-amp Discussion Thread  (Read 295793 times)

Offline xtian_lugz

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: T-amp Discussion Thread
« Reply #1200 on: Jul 03, 2011 at 08:05 PM »
Oo bro I was supposed to, kaya lang naisip ko baka mabitin ako sa bass sa w3, tapos I encoutered nga yung mga Pointsource full range speakers from daytons, so I ordered them together with my latest shipment. :) for now i'm just playing the waiting game. :)

3" medyo ma bibitin ka sa bass even sa 4" but it can be compensated sa box but still na kakabitin.. Unless na horn ang enclosures.. Anyway bro good luck sa mga projects m.. Oo nga pala bro do you have new kind of T amps other than the dta 1 and 100a?
In God we trust!

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #1201 on: Jul 06, 2011 at 12:16 AM »
3" medyo ma bibitin ka sa bass even sa 4" but it can be compensated sa box but still na kakabitin.. Unless na horn ang enclosures.. Anyway bro good luck sa mga projects m.. Oo nga pala bro do you have new kind of T amps other than the dta 1 and 100a?

Onga carlo thats what I though kaya napaatraas ako and went with the 8inchers, btw anong enclosure ang balak mong gawin for your speakers?

Offline xtian_lugz

• Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1202 on: Jul 06, 2011 at 02:32 AM »
Onga carlo thats what I though kaya napaatraas ako and went with the 8inchers, btw anong enclosure ang balak mong gawin for your speakers?

i got 2 choices bro 1 is the zigmahornets and it goes well with the merrills.. 2nd is a double bass reflex design which complements any 4" drivers to bring out the bass any way i will make both to see what will fit best.. I still have a bose Fullrange to be used sa DBR.. I can send the plans for the double bass reflex if you want.. 8" its best to use a bass reflex designs but find a proper size for it..
In God we trust!

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1203 on: Jul 06, 2011 at 10:35 PM »
i got 2 choices bro 1 is the zigmahornets and it goes well with the merrills.. 2nd is a double bass reflex design which complements any 4" drivers to bring out the bass any way i will make both to see what will fit best.. I still have a bose Fullrange to be used sa DBR.. I can send the plans for the double bass reflex if you want.. 8" its best to use a bass reflex designs but find a proper size for it..

if you dont mind carlo pakisend yung plans. :) are the measurements standard or are still computed based on the TS parameters of the drivers?

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1204 on: Jul 10, 2011 at 08:37 PM »
@ Ivan and Carlo:  The cabinet Double Bass Reflex plans were already with my friend, a carpentry hobbyist.  But before that I modify and got some design esp.the port flare from Omega Super 5 XRS.  It's a little bit risky, coz, it's an experiment to combine ML TL of Omega and Double Bass Reflex design.  The only difference is the port size and type.

We'll see if what will be the SQ after its completion within 2-3 weeks.  I still use the Bose HVC from Carlo.  Btw,  I just want to inform all newbies on tripath amp to please break in at least 200 hours your tripath amp.  It's too early to judge its SQ and performance if you haven't finish the proper break in period.  My Dayton DTA 1 was at first thin sounding.  But now even without the tweaks I made, the SQ of Dayton DTA 1 got better after the long break in period.  

Here are the results after 200 hours break in period: (It's not a myth)

1. Sibilance was gone.
2. Soundstage became wider compared to the soundstage at 1st hour which was small.
3. Better clarity than fresh from the box.  You almost hear everything in the CD recording such as, silent but clear conversation of the musicians while playing and others such as coughing, the "ehem" sound before the vocalist started to sing esp.during live session.  Of course, you can't hear what I heard if the tripath amp is NOT properly match with your speakers (ideal is 25-30W RMS with sensitivity of 94db +) and also, your speakers must have better xover or  no xover (pointsource type speakers/single driver).  The speaker cabinet if D.I.Y must also be good. 

As per experience, I am happy and satisfied with tripath amps esp.with TA 2024 chip (ANALOG SOUNDING).  Amazing.  I left Tube amp and Solid State for the SQ and performance of Tripath.  The details and clarity of tripath are better on my ears.  Though, dynamic of a well designed Solid State and rawness/decay of a well designed Tube amp are still the best.

Thus, enjoy music and have an open mind to accept new design/technology in 2ch audio, as long as the SQ is good or better than our audio gears and as long as it is analog sounding (like vinyl).  :)

« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2011 at 08:44 PM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline squatt3r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1205 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 09:12 PM »

in the process of building my first Tamp. It's a Hifidiyme T4 amp. Will be SMPS powered.

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1206 on: Jul 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM »
Ano ba mas magandang higher powered chip based na amplifier? Yung TA2022 or yung TK2050?
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline xtian_lugz

• Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1207 on: Jul 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM »
Ano ba mas magandang higher powered chip based na amplifier? Yung TA2022 or yung TK2050?

For most TK2050 ibang klase detail ng chip na yon! I actually miss my DTA100a... :( Anyway you might want to PM shrek7 for more details.. Adik sa high powered ung taong yon! hehe ;D
In God we trust!

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1208 on: Jul 28, 2011 at 09:21 PM »
For most TK2050 ibang klase detail ng chip na yon! I actually miss my DTA100a... :( Anyway you might want to PM shrek7 for more details.. Adik sa high powered ung taong yon! hehe ;D

Hi Carlo, yung Dta100a mukhang may mga tweaks na ah... remember before you were asking me for upgrade options??? i remember si shrek7 (sidney) was also asking me how to upgrade the amp... ngayon may mga nag uupgrade na... 8)

calling brader ramon, please explain. ;)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1209 on: Jul 28, 2011 at 09:35 PM »
Agree for TK2050!  I upgraded the TK2050 (my friend's) DC Power cap to higher value... you will forget that you listening from a very small amp.  Grabe pagka life like ng soundstage and mid. Nabusog ang AN Super 8 ko.  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2011 at 09:37 PM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1210 on: Jul 28, 2011 at 09:40 PM »
Hi Carlo, yung Dta100a mukhang may mga tweaks na ah... remember before you were asking me for upgrade options??? i remember si shrek7 (sidney) was also asking me how to upgrade the amp... ngayon may mga nag uupgrade na... 8)

calling brader ramon, please explain. ;)
Alam na ni Carl iyon.  Kaso iyong nadagdag lang was the use of a lower value oil cap bypass on DC power cap.  Later i will post pictures of my dta 2 (TA2024 chip) project.  Also, if given an a chance I will post pictures of my tk 2050 project.  Masaya ako sa Tripath talaga esp.after this power cap upgrades.  Thanks Carl for your suggestion.  Nabuhayan ako ng dugo kasi kapag mataas ang value ng power caps nabubuhay din ang soundstage ng tripath...esp.with Mang Geri's oil caps.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:49 AM by monreq »

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1211 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 01:20 AM »
how's the lifespan of these t-amps? i seem to read on the net that the problem with these budget t-amps are that it's hit or miss in regards to quality. how reliable are they and is it easy to have them fixed?

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #1212 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM »
how's the lifespan of these t-amps? i seem to read on the net that the problem with these budget t-amps are that it's hit or miss in regards to quality. how reliable are they and is it easy to have them fixed?

my sonic impact t-amps are 5 years old.

there are t-amps that are sensitive to voltage. sunog chip pag overvoltage.

disposable na pag nasira

ok ang sure ta2050, dami protection pati vs. overvoltage

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #1213 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM »

my dta-100 in 2.1 ;D

try ko ngayon sa Encore ENMAB + Yaqin Tube Buffer CD2 + DTA-1 + PSW125 + Titus BS = WOW !!! :o :o :o

grabe maganda rin pala talaga PSW125 sa music..  :D ;D

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #1214 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM »
bro Carlo did you received my PM? :)

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1215 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 01:23 PM »

my sonic impact t-amps are 5 years old.

there are t-amps that are sensitive to voltage. sunog chip pag overvoltage.

disposable na pag nasira

ok ang sure ta2050, dami protection pati vs. overvoltage

thanks. nakakatakot lang kasi magspend ng 7k for the dayton 100a tapos masisira lang agad. as i read on various reviews medo questionable daw china made t-amps. i've never been a buy & sell kinda guy and i like to keep any gear for a while.

atill i'm very much intrigued by the sound of the dayton t-amps

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1216 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
thanks. nakakatakot lang kasi magspend ng 7k for the dayton 100a tapos masisira lang agad. as i read on various reviews medo questionable daw china made t-amps. i've never been a buy & sell kinda guy and i like to keep any gear for a while.

atill i'm very much intrigued by the sound of the dayton t-amps

if youre into diy or may kilala diyr, go for the sure tk2050. well protected.

...i think most t-amps available here (and in the net) are made in china.
get used to "made in china" audio stuff  ;D

Offline romymartinez

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1217 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 03:12 PM »
in the process of building my first Tamp. It's a Hifidiyme T4 amp. Will be SMPS powered.

Nice Sir! Congrats!

Offline squatt3r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1218 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 08:43 PM »
thanks sir! still awaiting the Connexeletronics smps from Shenzhen

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1219 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 09:21 PM »

if youre into diy or may kilala diyr, go for the sure tk2050. well protected.

...i think most t-amps available here (and in the net) are made in china.
get used to "made in china" audio stuff  ;D

thanks, unfortunately i got zero DIY skills pagdating sa electronics. i've never handled a soldering iron in my life. hehehe.

but would you guys recommend going the t-amp route for a long term dedicated audio setup?

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1220 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:22 AM »
Here is my unfinished Dayton DTA 2 (Tripath 2024 module) from Ivan a.k.a Kemozavi,  that I assembled with EVOX RIFA PEH 169 2200uf 63v x 2pcs and bypass with .0047uf 400v Aerovox caps all from Mang Gerry.  Since I am just a hobbyist and not a technician, I just use my ears and  a little faith that the amp will work and will sound as I expected.  Still, in the breaking in period, the amp sounded very good to my clean ears.  Sorry about the video resolution.  This was my old Sony Handycam.

Here are the pictures with videos to check sound quality and have some idea how tripath 2024 rock my world late night, with just a simple DC power cap upgrade (if that's the right term).  Details, soundstage etc. were all enhance and very natural.  My PSU is CD R King M series multi voltage PSU (12volts - 24volts 4A max.)

Pictures:

Note:  As I have said I am a hobbyist and not a technician.  So forgive me if my soldering and arrangement of the components were not that good. :-[

Videos:

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmznre_rZ4Y

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoVCDKGtUUU

Video 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PbHYVUkfQ

Just sharing.  Thanks for watching PDVD members. ;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Tripath was not yet broken in (24hours +).  Dry run test <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:47 AM by monreq »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1221 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:35 AM »
Here is my unfinished Dayton DTA 2 (Tripath 2024 module) from Ivan a.k.a Kemozavi,  that I assembled with EVOX RIFA PEH 169 2200uf 63v x 2pcs and bypass with .0047uf 400v Aerovox caps all from Mang Gerry.  Since I am just a hobbyist and not a technician, I just use my ears and  a little faith that the amp will work and will sound as I expected.  Still, in the breaking in period, the amp sounded very good to my clean ears.  Sorry about the video resolution.  This was my old Sony Handycam.

Here are the pictures with videos to check sound quality and have some idea how tripath 2024 rock my world late night, with just a simple DC power cap upgrade (if that's the right term).  Details, soundstage etc. were all enhance and very natural.  My PSU is CD R King M series multi voltage PSU (12volts - 24volts 4A max.)

Pictures:

Note:  As I have said I am a hobbyist and not a technician.  So forgive me if my soldering and arrangement of the components were not that good. :-[

Videos:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Tripath was not yet broken in.  Dry run test <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

congrats!  ;D
ayos ang mga caps ni mang gerry ah, sayang wala na yung 2.2uf na malaki pa sa sizeD battery  ;)

edit/add:

ampooosa,,,smoke on the water/deeppurple pala nasa u-tube mo, buti naagapan ko volume hahaha
btw all-time fave ko ta2024 orig, sonic impact t-amp  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:48 AM by ojofool »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1222 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 01:01 AM »

congrats!  ;D
ayos ang mga caps ni mang gerry ah, sayang wala na yung 2.2uf na malaki pa sa sizeD battery  ;)

edit/add:

ampooosa,,,smoke on the water/deeppurple pala nasa u-tube mo, buti naagapan ko volume hahaha
btw all-time fave ko ta2024 orig, sonic impact t-amp  ;D
SALAMAS este SALAMAT -shukran!. Tatlo na tayo ni Carlo na in love sa Tripath 2024.  Iba talaga lagapak at bagsak ng bass lalo na kapag na upgrade mga caps. Pero, gusto ko isunod for final tripath ko ang TK2050.  Ksi nauna ko na upgrade caps ng friend ko kakabili lang kay Ivan iyong DTA 100a. ELNA CEW 2200uf 50v (1pc.) bypass with .0047uf aerovox oil cap (1pc) ang ginamit ko lang.  Grabe busog na busog ang Audio Nirvna Speakers ko. Gumanda ang soundstage at details at lupit ng layering ng frequencies.  Iyong 2nd voice sa Opera na "Habanera"  ang linaw pero di na matalim after 2 hours palang na break in.

Satisfied na talaga ako sa audio.  Ito lang nakayanan ko pero masaya na ako. :)
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2011 at 01:04 AM by monreq »

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1223 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 07:24 AM »

Videos:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Tripath was not yet broken in (24hours +).  Dry run test <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ramon natapos mo na kaagad? kelan lang napadala sayo yun ah. ;D anyway congrats brader ang ganda ng kinalabasan. 8) does the cdrking PSU sound better than the standard 2amp psu thats included? also ano yung main difference nung tweaked dta1 as opposed to the original one?

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1224 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 12:25 PM »
Quote from: kemozavi
Ramon natapos mo na kaagad? kelan lang napadala sayo yun ah. ;D anyway congrats brader ang ganda ng kinalabasan. 8) does the cdrking PSU sound better than the standard 2amp psu thats included? also ano yung main difference nung tweaked dta1 as opposed to the original one?
Thanks for your comment.  Likewise, for bringing DTA 2.  Ang daling kasing gawin pala.  Yes bro! Excited kasi ako kaya nagpuyat ako dahil di ko massikaso kapag awake mga alaga ko. Yes, the PSU is better and maganda pagkagawa ng M series nila. Dahil binuksan ko.  Mas malinis bro at malaki ang tunog.  Tapos nag bypass pa ako ng isang .0047uf na oil cap sa isa sa dalawang DC output cap ng PSU kaya mas gumanda talaga.  P 500+ lang ang price ng CD R King M series multi voltage.  Yung difference from stock Dayton DTA 1 from DTA 2 with power cap upgrade was so big.  Details and soundstage get wider and life like.  Also, the gain was increased. I did not experienced any distortion.  Ang linis bro ng tunog kapag maganda ang power cap mo.  Hindi lang dapat mataas ang value.  Dapat may quality din.  Kapag wala, di ganun ka detalye at kalinis tumunog. Soundstage at details ang talagang nag improve. Napakalakas na ng 1 o'clock vol.level compared to stock na detalyado pero manipis.  I really would suggest to upgrade first the DC Power Cap of tripath before you go with input caps.  Parang sa power cap improvement lang sulit na bro.  Pero kung gusto niya talaga mag hot rod ng tripath amp, matrabaho.  Sa mgat tech guy, panis yan. ;D

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1225 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 01:21 AM »
Thanks for your comment.  Likewise, for bringing DTA 2.  Ang daling kasing gawin pala.  Yes bro! Excited kasi ako kaya nagpuyat ako dahil di ko massikaso kapag awake mga alaga ko. Yes, the PSU is better and maganda pagkagawa ng M series nila. Dahil binuksan ko.  Mas malinis bro at malaki ang tunog.  Tapos nag bypass pa ako ng isang .0047uf na oil cap sa isa sa dalawang DC output cap ng PSU kaya mas gumanda talaga.  P 500+ lang ang price ng CD R King M series multi voltage.  Yung difference from stock Dayton DTA 1 from DTA 2 with power cap upgrade was so big.  Details and soundstage get wider and life like.  Also, the gain was increased. I did not experienced any distortion.  Ang linis bro ng tunog kapag maganda ang power cap mo.  Hindi lang dapat mataas ang value.  Dapat may quality din.  Kapag wala, di ganun ka detalye at kalinis tumunog. Soundstage at details ang talagang nag improve. Napakalakas na ng 1 o'clock vol.level compared to stock na detalyado pero manipis.  I really would suggest to upgrade first the DC Power Cap of tripath before you go with input caps.  Parang sa power cap improvement lang sulit na bro.  Pero kung gusto niya talaga mag hot rod ng tripath amp, matrabaho.  Sa mgat tech guy, panis yan. ;D

san mo nabili yung mga ipinalit mo na capacitors? also yung cdrking psu direct fit ba sa amp? you mind sharing alin parts exactly yung mga pinalitan?  :) hindi ko kasi masyado masipat sa pictures kung saan nakalagay yung mga caps.  :D

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1226 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 02:52 AM »
Quote from: kemozavi
san mo nabili yung mga ipinalit mo na capacitors? also yung cdrking psu direct fit ba sa amp? you mind sharing alin parts exactly yung mga pinalitan?  :) hindi ko kasi masyado masipat sa pictures kung saan nakalagay yung mga caps.  :D
Bro.i just replace the DC power cap of DTA 2 with EVOX RIFA PEH 169 2200uf x 2.  Kay Mang Gerry lahat.  Mayroon pa doon.  Kaso you have to use a new housing for your amp sa laki niya.  ;D

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1227 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 03:06 PM »
Bro.i just replace the DC power cap of DTA 2 with EVOX RIFA PEH 169 2200uf x 2.  Kay Mang Gerry lahat.  Mayroon pa doon.  Kaso you have to use a new housing for your amp sa laki niya.  ;D

i'm thinking about utiilzing yung mga battery compartments ng dta-1 as storage for caps eh, you think they will fit?

Offline Valiente

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • "Separating what I need from what I want."
  • Liked:
« Reply #1228 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 06:07 PM »
Excuse me good guys, in your own opinion/experience, which is the best T-amp for a Wharfedale Diamond 10.1? Thank you! ;D
"Simple life is the best!"
"Health is the first wealth!"
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline xtian_lugz

• Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1229 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 06:47 PM »
i'm thinking about utiilzing yung mga battery compartments ng dta-1 as storage for caps eh, you think they will fit?

bro try Panasonics FC 2400uF sa supply caps m.. Then use the battery compartments for input caps.. Max out na ung dta1... :) since na 1 lng ang power caps ng dta1 its ok to use one 2400uF its sufficient but if you really want more no problem you can parallel 2 caps.. As per mesurements 1 2200uF will give you flat bass response down to 30Hz.. It will give you more bass more soundstage more channel separation..
In God we trust!