Author Topic: Best DVD to test your surrounds?  (Read 65711 times)

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Best DVD to test your surrounds?
« Reply #180 on: Nov 19, 2005 at 03:24 PM »
Pwede na independence day sa dolby kung wala tayo makuha dts. Ok pala si sir ricky...dami collection. Ano kaya scene maganda makuha sa shrek1?

Sa scratch sir ricky, don't worry, kaya ko ingatan yan na parang sa akin. Sa apartelle namin ang kasama ko lang yung utol ko. Ayaw ko nga pahawakan sa kanya eh. (Galit na galit sa akin hehehe). 

Wala pong ID4 na DTS, except sa P***ted.  ;D. Pero ok yung R1, kasi may THX certification pa, dunno kung may difference sa sound from my R3 though.

Mahirap na hehehe...baka magasgas cover.

Yes Bro, but I trust that you are careful with the DVDs naman eh. And besides, these are just DVDs, they arent Limited Edition Rolex watches  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2005 at 03:26 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #181 on: Nov 19, 2005 at 03:30 PM »
ID4 Japanese ultimate release i believe has DTS track..sana nga lang meron magpahiram :-\ wala pa bang DTS demo 9?
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2005 at 03:36 PM by edboy7 »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Nov 19, 2005 at 03:37 PM »
ID4 Japanese ultimate release i believe has DTS track..sana nga lang meron magpahiram :-\

Baka naman DTS nga, pero Japanese naman ang language  ;D. But thats a good idea  ;)

Updating post:

Out of the 12, 2 slots have been freed , so here is your chance to contribute to the project. Gotta finish d project by the end of the month if possible.

First PM to Bluray, first serve. Dont take too long to bring the DVDs to Blu.

These titles are needed:
DTS Demo disc 9
or we need Kill Bill 1 & Master & Commander
Alien vs. Predator
Terminator 2 DTS-ES R1
Stealth (2 disc dvd9)
Air Force one Superbit

Independence Day
Episode 3
Jumanji (DVD 9)

With all due respect guys, no rudeness intended at all: (some modifications have been made)
1.) This demo disk is not for sale. This is an independent non-profit project :)
2.) Please dont bug bluray for a free copy  ;D
3.) No contribution, no demo disk:).
This (#2&3) is reasonable & to make it fair for those who contributed, specially to some who came from far away places just to meet bluray & make a contribution.
4.) Contribute only if you trust bluray with your DVD :). Ricky has left 8 titles with Bluray with no problems. May sleeves pa pag balik.
5.) Piracy of any sort is not allowed, please refrain from PMing Bluray to make you back up copies of DVDs you dont have yet.  ;D
6.) If you dont have a DVD to contribute, why not buy one of the titles above? you get an awesome dvd plus a demo disk!  ;)  

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2005 at 01:13 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #183 on: Nov 19, 2005 at 03:49 PM »
yes teacher matt!Lupet ng rules ah daig pa videogram ha ha ha.I just hope that the ones who pledge the titles can  lend it to bluray as soon as possible,remember guys na tayo lang ang nakikisuyo kay bluray and if ever na mabuking tayo sa compilation na ito eh sya ang makukulong being the mastermind and manufacturer LOL ;D ;D ;DDont worry blu dadalawin kita at dala ako kfc. ;D ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 10:24 AM »
Back to the topic on best surrounds:

I tested the 1st few chapters o SE7EN, new line platinum series DTS-ES,  last night while everyone was sleeping in the house. My cousin was right. It was indeed full of surround activity.

I once read that surrounds comprise of only 10% your HT experience. Not with this DVD, it was more of 60%! Almost all background noisess from nearby cars, thunder, talking in the background are all constantly active ( through the surround channels)  the entire first few chapters I previewed and even on the intro credits! Talk about a surround experience! I wish they make all DVDs like this.

Also, another good dolby digital demo would be the last scene from DRUMLINE. Very good demo using drums! Astig!

ID4 Japanese ultimate release i believe has DTS track..sana nga lang meron magpahiram

I was thinking over the weekend, R2 releases are in PAL right? How will this blend with the demo disk if the rest is in NTSC? I was also thinking of the R2 GODZILLA SUPERBIT as well.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2005 at 01:29 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 10:30 AM »
yes teacher matt!Lupet ng rules ah daig pa videogram ha ha ha.I just hope that the ones who pledge the titles can  lend it to bluray as soon as possible,remember guys na tayo lang ang nakikisuyo kay bluray and if ever na mabuking tayo sa compilation na ito eh sya ang makukulong being the mastermind and manufacturer LOL ;D ;D ;DDont worry blu dadalawin kita at dala ako kfc. ;D ;D ;D

Hehe, hindi illegal ginagawa ni bluray. as long as he doesnt make a profit from it.

Also just wanted to respectfully lay some ground rules based on blurays stories para di magulo yung project & para fair to all participating.

5.) Piracy of any sort is not allowed, please refrain from PMing Bluray to make you back up copies of DVDs you dont have yet.  ;D

Bawal kopyahin lalong lalo na yung mga DTS-ES na X-rated na pinahiram ni Ricky kay bluray. Di ko na nga macontact si bluray the past few days eh, busy na busy mag edit.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 11:38 AM »
not all R2 are in PAL :) Pls see this ID Japanese UE
Could we add those DTS-es na xrated?  ganda siguro ng surrounds nun,,,pati na rin LFE ;D OHLALA!

Offline dunforgiven

• DVD Addict
  • Before you see the light, you must die!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 12:29 PM »
Back to the topic on best surrounds:

I tested the 1st few chapters o SE7EN, new line platinum series DTS-ES,  last night while everyone was sleeping in the house. My cousin was right. It was indeed full of surround activity.

I once read that surrounds comprise of only 10% your HT experience. Not with this DVD, it was more of 60%! Almost all background noisess from nearby cars, thunder, talking in the background are all constantly active ( through the surround channels)  the entire first few chapters I previewed and even on the intro credits! Talk about a surround experience! I wish they make all DVDs like this.

Se7en is really a very good DVD for the surrounds. I also have a copy of this but I'm keeping it in Sealed Condition since it's one of my favorite titles and want to preserve it as long as I can. Sorry kung hindi ko ito napahiram bro Blu.

About the remaining titles on the wish list, maybe we should set a deadline if some others want to take the remaining 2 slots, baka kasi ma-drag ang project kakahintay sa iba. If after the deadline and hindi pa filled-in ang slots, tayo na lang ang magpuno. I guess dun sa ating mga naka-contribute na e kaya natin kumpletuhin yung list ourselves

waddayatink?
Picture quality over plot

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 01:07 PM »
About the remaining titles on the wish list, maybe we should set a deadline if some others want to take the remaining 2 slots, baka kasi ma-drag ang project kakahintay sa iba. If after the deadline and hindi pa filled-in ang slots, tayo na lang ang magpuno. I guess dun sa ating mga naka-contribute na e kaya natin kumpletuhin yung list ourselves

waddayatink?

I fully agree, bro. Its true, most of the contributors have the remaining titles . The 2 remaining slots are just to give a chance for those who still want to join.   :)

You are right bro, we cant drag the project for too long. Lets make this (end of the) month the last chance for submissions?

As for DTS demo disk 9, We still need this to simplify the project, but if not, we can fill up the missing movies with our DVDs. I have Day After Tomorrow and Ricky has contributed Kill Bill2 and Hero UE DTS-ES.  Kill Bill 1 na lang & Master & Commander kulang.

For now I will contribute:
DTS Demo 4 (Eagles, Haunting, SPR, ANTZ)
Resident Evil Apocalyse DTS-ES (DVD9)
Blade Trinity DTS-ES (DVD 9)
SE7EN DTS-ES
T2 UE DTS-ES
Stealth
Day After Tomorrow
Air Force 1 superbit

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2005 at 01:33 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 01:25 PM »
BACK TO TOPIC...

Magnolia (New Line Platinum Series)
frog rain scene
Quo vadis?

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 01:55 PM »
SW EP 1-3 are among the best pwede siya for the DD :)
i have dts demo 8 and 7 kung kulang pa...anybody has the Toy Story 10anniv? :( baka pwede sali yun?
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2005 at 02:01 PM by edboy7 »

Offline Blu-Ray

• Trade Count: (+163)
  • DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 03:47 PM »
Hehe, hindi illegal ginagawa ni bluray. as long as he doesnt make a profit from it.

Yes! Di illegal ito, actually Personalized HT Tester ko lang naman ito...di buo yung movie and NOT FOR SALE...NOT FOR SALE...NOT FOR SALE...NOT FOR SALE...NOT FOR SALE!!!

Saka most of our dvd naman R1, bawal din yun pero naitatago natin. Sa US kc sa pagkakaalam ko, nanalo sa court yung pagback-up ng movies as long as for personal use lang...kaya nga maraming pangburn na program at hardware ngyon. Licensed pa sila lalu na yung Nero. Tapos dami din blank cds na ubod ng mura.

Sa mga mabibigyan, bawal ipakopya at ipagbili. PAG PINAGBILI NYO...KAYO HUHULIHIN. Malay nyo pag may nag pm sa inyo at gustong bumili ng kopya, yun pala huhulihin ka pag nagkita kayo. Sa mga gusto magkaroon, wala na chance! kc puno na yung slot.

I'm only doing this project because I'm planning to buy Logitech Z-5500 Computer Speaker this coming january...balita ko kc astig ito, malakas ang bass. But If you're thinking...that I will engage for a business...nagkakamali kayo. Kulang lang ako sa title eh kaya naghahanap ako. Kaya yung ginagawa naming 12, personal use lang. Pag may nagbenta isa man sa inyo...mahuhuli ko din kayo kc magpapanggap ako hehehe.
More titles coming soon...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 04:06 PM »
Sa mga mabibigyan, bawal ipakopya at ipagbili. PAG PINAGBILI NYO...KAYO HUHULIHIN. Malay nyo pag may nag pm sa inyo at gustong bumili ng kopya, yun pala huhulihin ka pag nagkita kayo. Sa mga gusto magkaroon, wala na chance! kc puno na yung slot.

Kaya yung ginagawa naming 12, personal use lang. Pag may nagbenta isa man sa inyo...mahuhuli ko din kayo kc magpapanggap ako hehehe.

Bro, eto ang solusyon dyan: personalize mo lahat ng copy sa bawat participant. Tapos ilagay mo sa menu or a-la FBI WARNING ng DVD natin, not forwardable or skippable:

WARNING
[/size]

This Limited Edition DVD demo disk is the property of Juan de la Cruz (participant name) and is a non profit project of several cool members of Pinoydvd.com. There are only 12 of these in existence and these are not for sale nor is the copying of these disks allowed.

If you are not Juan dela Cruz and you own this DVD, then you have acquired this disk without the permission of the project organizers and therefore you are sc*m (insert a few more insults here). Be ashamed of yourself! Ang yabang mo ipa demo ang HT mo eh sa pandaraya mo naman kinopya tong DVD na to! Tse!

But if you are Juan dela Cruz then you are one of the cool and handsome members of pinoydvd.com who earnestly contributed to this project and you truly deserve to show off your HT with this DVD demo disk. MORE POWER TO YOUR HOME THEATER!

How is that???  :P ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2005 at 04:41 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 04:11 PM »
HA-HA-HA...Ok...magandang idea yan...madali lang naman gawin yan...personalized nlang lahat period!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 03:09 PM »
As of this week, the 12 entries to the demo disk project are closed.

Thanks to those who contributed and hopefully we could all submit our contributions by this week.

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #195 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 04:51 PM »
DTS Demo9 and Cliffhanger DTS R3 forwarded to BluRay today.
Pleasure to meet you Sir. Thanks  :)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 06:35 PM »
Nice meeting you Platinum. See you again tomorrow.  :D

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 08:03 PM »
Mga bossing, deadline po sana ng submission this coming monday, November 28. Finalized ko na...kung ano yung nareceive sya nlang include...Mejo matagal na din kc itong project natin. October 24 tayo nag-umpisa. Sensya na sa di napasama...as we said, no contribution, no demo disk...para fair sa mga nagsumikap makipagkita at nagpagod para lang maibigay sa akin mga materials.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 12:55 AM »
[quote author=MAtZTER link=topic=43110.msg515407#msg515407 date=1132540242

Bawal kopyahin lalong lalo na yung mga DTS-ES na X-rated na pinahiram ni Ricky kay bluray. Di ko na nga macontact si bluray the past few days eh, busy na busy mag edit.  ;D ;D ;D
[/qu

LOKO ;D baka maniwala sila na sa akin yon.

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 02:05 PM »
[quote author=MAtZTER link=topic=43110.msg515407#msg515407 date=1132540242

[/qu

LOKO ;D baka maniwala sila na sa akin yon.

Ganda sir ricky ah! Nakakabitin hehehe. Meron ka pa ba iba? No, Joke onli.

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 02:09 PM »
Just got Titanic Deluxe Collector's Edition today. Meron ba tayo makukuhang magandang chapter dito? dts 6.1 din pala ito.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 02:28 PM »
yung nude painting scene. maganda yun panuorin in DTS.  ;D

Offline Platinum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 02:35 PM »
yung nude painting scene. maganda yun panuorin in DTS.  ;D

Second the motion Matt... ito din favorite ko  ;D Super lakas bumayo sub  ;D
Enjoy what you have!

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 02:42 PM »
Mga loko pala eh hehehe.  ;D 

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 02:48 PM »
Yung lumulubog Titanic maganda yata...ibang lubog naman yan eh. Cge kayo ilalagay ko yun sa hulihan hehehe.

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 04:51 PM »
Received 3 dvd titles today from hubes (HOFD, twister & Sky Captain) through Air 21.

Offline Platinum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 05:52 PM »
Sir BluRay returned my 2 dvds today. With plastic cover pa!
Many thanks  :)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 06:19 PM »
Di ko nalagyan ng plastic yung isa kc di kasya, may slip case kc. Thanks din.

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 01:04 PM »
Sir Matz, got your 9 dvd titles. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2005 at 01:05 PM by Blu-Ray »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 06:12 AM »
blu thanks again for the plastic but next time you dont have to bother.,dec 2 yung kill bill 1.