Author Topic: Pinoy Idol  (Read 32801 times)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: Philippine Idol
« Reply #60 on: Aug 07, 2006 at 02:32 PM »
his/her tranny name was hilarious! GO "YOBAB"! ha ha ha ha!... that's priceless.

no one really stood out for me here... is our talent pool thinning out? (or as hankey mentioned, are they saving the good ones for the final few episodes of the audition process?)

did francis mention "sexual orientation"?... i seem to remember him saying not caring about "gender"... sorry, bad memory. LOL. (yobab was certainly "different" tho ... and TOTALLY pulled it off.)

and what's with all the *nsync songs?? :P ... i need to laud stephanie ("miss oz idol") for a fantastic song choice... anastacia ROCKS! (learn from her auditionees. offbeat choices work. LOL... ) ;D

Actually Francis M said "I don't care about your 'gender'". Or something to that effect. But he said "gender".

My mother actually thought "yobab" is a she. ;D

And talking about Francis M., isn't he overacting a little bit trying to be more suplado. Sa Eat Bulaga, di ba batuk-batukan lang siya dun nina Vic at Joey? ;D

Medyo napahiya din si Francis when the doctor sang and he commented: "Walang sabit" complete with his head nodding, then Ryan C. commented that there's a problem with the doc's pitch.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2006 at 02:35 PM by Quitacet »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Aug 07, 2006 at 07:03 PM »
LOL... so right about francis' demeanor... i even mentioned him as a "feeling-simon"... but was actually "the paula".

as of the last episode naman tita pilitz was the "feeling paula" but is actually "the randy".

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #62 on: Aug 07, 2006 at 07:47 PM »
Off-topic:

on a positive note... x-factor 2 winner shayne ward seems to be doing well

I jut finished watching this DVD:

And I have to say his audition didn't impress me at all. I suppose he learned a lot from Boot Camp.

Back on topic:

i even mentioned (francis) as a "feeling-simon"... but was actually "the paula".

as of the last episode naman tita pilitz was the "feeling paula" but is actually "the randy".

I'm getting a déjà vu:P
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 07, 2006 at 08:39 PM »
Off-topic:

I jut finished watching this DVD:

And I have to say his audition didn't impress me at all. I suppose he learned a lot from Boot Camp.

yes... and let's call that "i-wanna-be-a-member-of-westlife" boot camp. (not shocking since louie was his "mentor") ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCS8vmTUrpU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5MZsQLHrQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tHlm0XbSS0

and his x-factor defining moment(s)... LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiEfxCDOaP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzN_1gYimbc

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Aug 14, 2006 at 06:08 AM »
I saw somebody in the Davao Auditions episode, someone whom I've known since she was a very young child. Her audition was not shown but she was always in the teasers, so she did pass (saw her waving her gold pass and smiling sa teasers). If she makes it, please vote for her. Her name is Eartha Gladys or EG.  ;D I have not heard her sing since she was 5 or 6  years old many, many, MANY! years ago.  ;D But I know she can sing, she comes from a family of singers. Her sisters - I grew up with and we trained music together... when Eartha was still a very young kid playing in our school grounds.

Vote for Eartha! (If she made it top 24). ;)  If she didn't make it.... too bad. :-\
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2006 at 06:13 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #65 on: Aug 15, 2006 at 10:56 AM »
Check out this blog for an in-depth coverage of Philippine Idol.
We deserve better.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #66 on: Aug 21, 2006 at 03:29 PM »
natawa ako kahapon at di makapag-decide ang judges kung saan isasamang group si yova!boys or girls? :D
glad that guy in the wig was finally shown the door. is he supposed to be our william hung? and what about that girl who was supposedly left out of practice...was that just an accident? anyway, they were good!!!

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Aug 21, 2006 at 03:36 PM »
as the previews showed... yobab's real gender prevailed and she/he was placed in with the boys.  ;D

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #68 on: Aug 21, 2006 at 05:04 PM »
glad that guy in the wig was finally shown the door. is he supposed to be our william hung?

The guy in the wig can be compared more to Dave Hoover.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Aug 21, 2006 at 09:47 PM »
 ;D I just noticed that the pacing of this show is sooooooooooooooooo slow..When are we going to see live the Top 24? This should have been a twice-a-week show. If the producers want to keep up with the pace being set by Pinoy Dream Academy, they should reconsider and move fast! 

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Aug 21, 2006 at 10:36 PM »
Aren't they already airing some stuff nightly?

Random thoughts:

1. I cannot stand the Juilliard guy. He's like that contestant last year on AI who was also very full of himself who the judges cut before the Top 24, and that guy actually had talent.

2. Mohammad Faizal's daughter can sing. I don't know how or why his son keeps on making it.

3. Those three girls near the end of the show were amazing for a group with so little practice. Those three last guys they featured doing Part Time Lover (including the Dolphy grandson) were just so bad it was hilarious.

4. I really need to hear some nasty judges' comments soon, or even aghast or bewildered looks. They were pretty robotic last night.

5. Once Yobabs makes it to the Top 12, I will vote him/her every week regardless of how she/he performs, just so I can see the international reaction to a transsexual winning in one of the Idol franchises.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2006 at 10:37 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 28, 2006 at 11:13 AM »
I just found out that my kumare's sister in law is in the Top 24. That'll probably renew my interest in the show for a couple of episodes, or for as long as she's in the running.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Aug 28, 2006 at 03:05 PM »
The Top 12 guys all look the same to me. The only contestants I remember and actually like (Ira, the other half of the Cruz siblings, for example) are the girls. I think the first Philippine Idol will be a girl. The guys would have to totally go Bo Bice on me for me to remember them.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Sep 03, 2006 at 07:31 PM »
Damn. I completely forgot that last night was the Guys' first live performances. Doesn't matter. I got my eye out on the ladies. Our first Philippine Idol will be female because the girls are far more memorable.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Sep 03, 2006 at 07:53 PM »
Not an impressive group of male contestants. I agree with KW, the only top 24 contestants who left a lasting impression on me were during auditions were the females - Mohammad Faizal's daughter and the Oz Idol qualifier. And last night's performance show didn't change that.

But I will say that the contestants had very good stage presence. Of particular note was the guy whose mike died near the start of his performance: he kept on performing without missing a beat. And I was impressed with the show's director - instead telling the audience the guy would get to sing again, they immediately restarted playing his song the second he ended the first run - and he still didn't miss a beat.

Random thoughts:

1. The judges last night proved that they weren't in the same league as Randy, Paula and Simon. Some of the contestants Ryan praised I could completely see even Paula mocking for lack of talent.

2. They have a REALLY LOUSY sound system. It could've helped A LOT if they had a bit of reverb. Some contestants sounded like they were lecturing with absolutely no echo on the mike.

3. The elimination process is VERY BORING. From the Top 12 Men, the Top 4 will move on after tonight, then the remaining 8 will perform again for the final 2 male slots. Where's the drama in that? It works so much better when those who've just been kicked out are forced to sing their losing song one last time immediately after all their dreams and aspirations have just been shattered.  ;D Right now, all losers still get another chance, so... it's a boring results show. No REAL eliminations yet.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2006 at 01:55 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Sep 03, 2006 at 10:05 PM »
 >:( What a bum rap!  The voting public must either be deaf or stupid or both. What were they thinking? I'm pretty okay with Rey and Drey. BUT Miguel and John??!!? They were the lousiest performers last night. Goes to prove that not-so-outstanding looks are important no matter how bad sounding you are.

As for the judges, they were tooooo soft last night although Mr. C gave tried to sound real in his comments. 

As for Ryan Agoncillo, more practice. He's pretty much dependent on the distracting cue cardsand the idiot board.

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 12:35 AM »
I was at the live show tonight to support Miguel. Glad he made it! We all voted like mad.  Next week vote for Apple! :)

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 01:03 AM »
>:( What a bum rap!  The voting public must either be deaf or stupid or both. What were they thinking? I'm pretty okay with Rey and Drey. BUT Miguel and John??!!? They were the lousiest performers last night. Goes to prove that not-so-outstanding looks are important no matter how bad sounding you are.

As for the judges, they were tooooo soft last night although Mr. C gave tried to sound real in his comments. 

As for Ryan Agoncillo, more practice. He's pretty much dependent on the distracting cue cardsand the idiot board.

Blitz,

I couldn't agree more. This is the first time I didn't enjoy the program! It shows the primitive mind set of the majority of voters locally.Sabi nga nun sister ko, siguro mayayaman kaya nakapagtext vote ng narami. For me, the only CREDIBLE judge is MR. C. I can do away with F.M. and Pilita is somewhat SAFE with her calls. I didn't expect this of her a seasoned diva. Maybe the two needs a consultation...you know from whom ;).
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 01:45 AM »
Why blame the people who voted?
Blame the people who didnt vote.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 04:55 PM »
 voted for reymond kasi na-bilib ako sa performance level nya kahit nawalan sya ng mike and he had to perform again.that made the guy famous!  big boo-boo for channel 5 though. i personally didn't like ramirr and my sister voted for drae because of his helping the streetkids hook. i wanted to vote for the gian guy but i thought cousin jolina's fans would do the work. ;D sayang, i also hoped that piolo look alike who sounded like gary was more deserving...

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 08:04 PM »
i personally didn't like ramirr

Me too haha I know the people loved him but something about him irks me.

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 08:36 PM »
 ;D Quite frankly, only one guy's voice appeared world class to me. It's RAMIRR's. He's got a high range and fine musicality you won't get ashamed to show off. The rest are bordering on either so-so or yeah-its-ok. Yeah, the guy isn't a looker and appeared weirdo and that he sang a very masa song you often heard in karaoke joints. But who among the 11 other guys could nail such a pain-in-the-balls song with overflowing credibility? NADA!!

True, blame those who didn't vote (that includes me but we people in the house all use either Sun or Globe) but sana those who did should have used their best judgment. But again, it's a popularity contest the way I look at it.

Anyways, it's never too late. I will borrow my friend's Smart fone next time for him to get to the Top 12.

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 10:25 PM »
You dont have to be on Smart to vote, the show accepts all networks.

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 10:56 PM »
You dont have to be on Smart to vote, the show accepts all networks.

Really? What's that about Smart users only which Ryan announced? Anyhow, that's good to know

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 01:24 PM »
you can vote through smart AND the other networks daw. next saturday, sina paw na!

Offline purple_jedi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 02:16 PM »
SUEY is my Philippine Idol.

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 02:33 PM »
and where to find contestants profile? thanks.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 03:27 PM »

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 05:14 PM »
Please VOTE for APPLE!
Thanks  :)

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 08:27 PM »
 ;D Vote for IRA MARASIGAN and the MAUREEN girl!!