Author Topic: help: PC Video out to TV Screen  (Read 1259 times)

Offline T-850

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
help: PC Video out to TV Screen
« on: Jun 25, 2006 at 02:17 AM »
im using an ATI Radeon 9200 with S-video out, i cant seem to have video on my TV screen after checking the configuration on my pc which are all correct as well as the connections. the connection from the pc to the monitor is converted to the rounded connection( i think its called composite, correct me if im wrong, basta yung normal rounded jacks you see in you TV)

please help! :)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re: help: PC Video out to TV Screen
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2006 at 06:55 AM »
Try to reduce the resolution of your computer down to 640x480.  Your TV might not be able to handle higher resolutions. 

You can also download a software powerstrip where you can adjust your TV settings just like a computer monitor.  This is usually used in HTPC applications but I have tried this hooking a computer to my 36 widescreen TV with great results.

I also suggest that you use at least the S-video input of your TV for a better and clearer video output.

Hope this helps.   ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2006 at 06:57 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2006 at 12:52 PM »
im using an ATI Radeon 9200 with S-video out, i cant seem to have video on my TV screen after checking the configuration on my pc which are all correct as well as the connections. the connection from the pc to the monitor is converted to the rounded connection( i think its called composite, correct me if im wrong, basta yung normal rounded jacks you see in you TV)

please help! :)

What kind of TV are you using?
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline jpadua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2006 at 05:24 PM »
Try this.

Shutdown your PC, connect the video out to the TV only without the monitor.  Turn on your TV and set it to the proper video input.  Then start your PC.  You should be able to see the PC boot up on your TV.  Once detected na sya... kabit mo yung monitor then reboot.  On next reboot the monitor should be detected as well as the TV.

hope this helps.

Jay