Author Topic: A good power supply/line cond. etc under 20K  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Zitr0

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A good power supply/line cond. etc under 20K
« on: Jul 20, 2006 at 07:06 AM »
Hi guys,

I currently have a setup using just a Hossini 2000Watt Servo controled Voltage Regulator.
And still the virus is still in me and still planing of upgrades towards my long term setup.

Everything as of now is planned except for the power supply/line conditioner. and and mamahal kc nung mga natingnan ko for HT/Audio use. Ung sa Monster, aabutin me ng 40-70K tapos ung sa Richard Gray ganun din.

does anybody ba here knows a cheaper route but still would have the same quality or close to that of the brands as i have mentioned?

Again buget is abt 20k siguro, if budet allows a litlle bit more ciguro pro thats it...

thanks guys for any input... :)

"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline simple

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • DVD Guru
  • Simple lang at Ordinaryong person
  • Liked:
Re: A good power supply/line cond. etc under 20K
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 07:43 AM »
                   Hi Ric 999,

May be u need a Good Known brand Automatic Voltage Regulator and Isolation

Transformer . If u Have a Thousand Thousand pesoses Audio Equiptment , Dont ex

periment it on a Cheap AVR .   A 2000w STAVOL Matsunaga  will cost U  P23 to P24K but

worth.

Dti mahilig ako sa AUDIO  , I spend  on Line filters( conditioner) /  AVR  /Surge

protectors/ and a numbers of Isolation transformer from 0.25 Amprs.to 5 Amprs or 5,000w.

.I find out that Matsunaga  STAVOL 2000w and Isolation transformer would be

enough.                                                                                                                                                                       

When I started selling my Conrad Johnson / Aragon /Accurus/  Adcom 5800 /

Hafler XL 280 XL600 and Lately, Cary Audio  and Counterpoint, I sold all my isolation

transformer to a close friend, Mr. Guchangco.

Try to short cut it with a 2,000w Matsunaga STAVOL and a isolation trasormer.

( siyempre U.S.  meron namang 110 at 220v output iyon )

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006 at 08:19 AM by simple »

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 09:16 AM »
I currently have a setup using just a Hossini 2000Watt Servo controled Voltage Regulator.
And still the virus is still in me and still planing of upgrades towards my long term setup.

avr's are "plug and forget" things, not subject to upgardes, unless of course it becomes insufficient in capacity, which i doubt you will ever reach.

my ussual advice to those whishing to use these avr's is to first check the power situation in one's particular location, is the voltage dippping below 200volts? especially at nights? when demand for power is high..if the answer is yes, then by all means get one. if no, then spend the money on good dvd's, not the pirated ones mind you!

how to check? simple, just get an electrician monitor the voltage at your outlets during particular times of the day, do this on a three day basis and you will have a good idea.
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 09:49 AM »

Hi, I'm new here!

Re: LINE CONDITIONERS AND VOLTAGE REGULATORS
« Reply #513 on: May 30, 2006 at 11:47 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all, I've been using avrs for a longtime ( Stavol-1000w; stac-1000w and then switch to lotus 2000w together with audioprism foundation 1 and 2 power conditioner) but I noticed that everytime I'm watching action packed movies my amp. can't produce the desired audio I want because when you increase the volume distortion sets in but when you decrease it details suffer. Then my friend told me to try Shunyata Hydra 8 and there's a dramatic improvement with my audio and video. Now, I always recommend this to my friend avr and power conditioners are a thing of the past. BTW, Shunyata also have Hydra 2, 4, 6 depending on how many outlets you want and there's no limit how big is the current you need for your whole system you'll get a clearer picture and very good audio check it out.

---------------------------------------------you might also want to check out the above listed thred :) -------------------------------------------------------------

Offline s2kov

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 10:16 AM »
2ny is right, you don't need the AVR if you have stable commercial power in your area. ;)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 12:33 PM »
if you insist that you must have an avr, try this link:http://www.sola-hevi-duty.com/about/solahist.html : http://www.sola-hevi-duty.com/products/powerconditioning/Index.htm : http://www.sola-hevi-duty.com/products/powerconditioning/cvs.htm

if you want the ultimate in power conditioning, this is what you must have! ;D

there are no moving parts inside that can be broken, therfore, years of maintenance free operation. ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline simple

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • DVD Guru
  • Simple lang at Ordinaryong person
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 07:20 AM »

Hi Ric,

Do u Have a  Water Pump in ur House?
                              A motor Driven machine on ur neighbors ?

I  cant figure out what kind of virus u mean , If it concern on a home theater set up ,

may be it is on one of ur equiptment . It is on the Data or Processor, (signal) not on D

power line or supply.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2006 at 01:51 PM by simple »