Author Topic: Superman: The Ultimate Collection R3  (Read 70529 times)

Offline Koolkat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
I just checked mine and luckily my disc was actually fine. No swirls or any hints of DVD rot. I bought mine when it came out 2 years ago. I frequently watched it at the time. Baka naman kaya nagka DVD rot kasi hindi nagagamit yung disc? Napansin ko lang sa karamihan ng post eh yung mga disc na hindi pa talaga napapanood ang may DVD rot.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wonder if Warner will accept mail-in replacement?  Layo kasi Pasig, and work means I seldom have spare time during office hours...

Isang bad batch lang ba ang defective?  Or several?  Or are all stocks come from one batch?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Instead, ALL those who intend to exchange Disc 1, regardless of when you purchased it, must claim the replacement via Warner's office here in Pasig. They're waiting for the discs to come in so target start date is October 15. No receipts needed... just bring your defective disc.

Am I the only one really angered by this? The problem is THEIR FAULT, and they're gonna make it difficult for US to get the replacement? Going to Pasig during office hours can be very hard for those that don't work in the area. And what about the sets sold in, say, Cebu?

They should offer mail-in as an option if they're too F-ing lazy to send replacement discs to outlets.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Another Announcement

Instead, ALL those who intend to exchange Disc 1, regardless of when you purchased it, must claim the replacement via Warner's office here in Pasig. They're waiting for the discs to come in so target start date is October 15. No receipts needed... just bring your defective disc.

Just to make sure they have enough copies on hand, PM me even if you bought the disc in 2008. Those who already PMed me are already on my list.

Sir firewired I'm located in Visayas.  So I have to spend P3,800 for plane fare just to have the disc replaced in Pasig?   :o

Offline ob120485

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • A Sith Lord w/ Elder Wand, One Ring & Walther PPK.
  • Liked:
Davao City here!   :-\

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
See? My point exactly.  ::)

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
I just checked mine and luckily my disc was actually fine. No swirls or any hints of DVD rot. I bought mine when it came out 2 years ago. I frequently watched it at the time. Baka naman kaya nagka DVD rot kasi hindi nagagamit yung disc? Napansin ko lang sa karamihan ng post eh yung mga disc na hindi pa talaga napapanood ang may DVD rot.

I've watched Disc 1 before and it still rotted. So this theory can't be true.

Regarding the pickup point for the replacement disc, I think Warner should just coordinate with Astro or Odyssey. Maybe Warner should just post this announcement in ALL their authorized retailers then have those stores get the names of the customers affected by this issue. Then these stores could give to Warner the number of replacement discs they need, which will be delivered to the said stores when Warner delivers fresh stocks of DVD's or VCD's for that store. Kung baga parang special order method. I agree with the others that going to Warner's office is an unfair option for many of us here.

This is the least that Warner could do for us. Actually, may tampo pa nga ako sa Warner. Remember the erroneous back cover of the Batman Returns (2-Disc Special Edition) included in the Batman Anthology boxset? I never got a replacement cover for that. But I let it pass na lang. But this Superman ordeal is a far more serious offense that Warner should rectify.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2008 at 01:09 AM by allanmandy »

Offline ob120485

• DVD Addict
  • A Sith Lord w/ Elder Wand, One Ring & Walther PPK.
  • Liked:
Remember the erroneous back cover of the Batman Returns (2-Disc Special Edition) included in the Batman Anthology boxset? I never got a replacement cover for that. But I let it pass na lang. But this Superman ordeal is a far more serious offense that Warner should rectify.

TOINK! ngayon ko lang napansin to ah...  :o  :D ;D

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7

As per Warner, they've verified that this was a manufacturing batch error and not all the sets they initially released were affected. Their new stocks are all clean as well.

Regarding the inconvenience of having the discs replaced at their office, I kind of mentioned that this may provoke a negative reaction, particularly from those who live outside Metro Manila. Given all the posts here, I'm hoping they get the message and do something about it.

Replacements via the retailers doesn't seem to be an option this time around. I'm guessing it has something with their commercial arrangements since in other countries, issues like this tend to be handled through the mail.
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2008 at 05:53 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Finally checked mine, same problem.

My guess is Warner is avoiding mail-in cost.  It would cost them a tidy sum to air21 for replacement cost.   

How much na ba Superman SE ngayon?  Kasi if it's been discounted to say,  350 or 450 (Four disc), the price of going to Pasig (fuel cost + lost wages) might not be worth getting the replacement.

Any idea if the defective is limited to some batches packaged with the tin set only?  Or pati 4-disc SE?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
What I'm going to do is give my defective disc to the Warner promo girl at my favorite branch and with a smile on my face say, "Papalitan mo ito, kundi mawawalan ka ng benta sa #1 client mo..."

;D

Offline Fat Makoy

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • I Love PINAS!
  • Liked:
What I'm going to do is give my defective disc to the Warner promo girl at my favorite branch and with a smile on my face say, "Papalitan mo ito, kundi mawawalan ka ng benta sa #1 client mo..."

;D

:D :D :D ;)
Bless d man if his heart & his land r 1, d 3 stars & a sun. - FM

Offline benoy12

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Me defect din yung disc 1 ko. >:( Sir firewired i sent u a pm. Thanks for the info.

Offline Nesh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi,

I just got the Superman Ultimate Collection 3 weeks ago..but havent watched it until after reading the posts here. Unfortunately, mine seems to be part of this defective batch but checking the disks I dont see any swirls or defects but the movie stops on some chapters.

I already pmed sir firewired, please count me in

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Just checked mine the other day...may swirls na ren yung Disc 1 ko. Bad trip! Count me in on the disc replacement...
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Ok guys, keep 'em coming. I'll forward to Warner next week. I'll suggest that they add additional pickup points besides their office - preferably one per major metro city. Regarding PinoyDVD.biz customers, they're exploring options with Warner since this is really a Warner issue to begin with.

Offline kahl-el

• Collector
  • Great Krypton !!
  • Liked:
Checked mine last night and it had the same swirls the others had mentioned. Please count me in.

Thanks.

Offline hilikus_kiko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
  • Liked:
Mine too! Count me in. Thanks.

Offline pepsimaxnosugar

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Please include my name on the list.

BTW, sent PM also to Sir Firewired last Sept. 29 to count me in on the list. Baka madouble entry name ko eh. :) :)

Thanks again.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
No prob - names aren't critical at this point. Warner just needs an estimate of how many customers will claim the replacement discs.

Offline mercer335

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Sir please include my name on the list, good thing I checked my DVD...Thanks... 8)

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Mine's defective also and I'm from Tarlac. I bought mine through pinoydvd.biz.

Offline pepsimaxnosugar

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
No prob - names aren't critical at this point. Warner just needs an estimate of how many customers will claim the replacement discs.
Good to know, Sir firewired. Thanks again.

Offline qwerty765

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
I tried to pm firewired to include me on the list, however PM seems to be not working as I haven't seen it in my messages.

Anyway, please count me in, my disc 1 has this swirls also.

Where exactly is warner's office in pasig?
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2008 at 03:43 PM by qwerty765 »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
PM should be fine now. Warner's offices are in Wynsum, one of the taller buildings along F. Ortigas Jr. Road (formerly Dmerald)

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
im one of those people who refrained from getting this from the outset, mainly because i wanted to get the r1 edition which had the additional disc.  we all know how that turned out.  my question now is, if i want to get myself an r3 copy, should i assume that the current in store stocks part of the so-called defective batch or newly pressed copies or whatever? 

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
To be honest, the ONLY way you can actually be sure about what you're getting is by opening the set while you're at the store before paying for it.

If you're one of those collectors who buys discs then keeps them sealed on the shelf at home, then you're better off passing.

Offline maguloka

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
good day, please include me on th list too.

Offline dragonrower

• Collector
  • www.pc-experts.org
  • Liked:
got my disc 1 replaced from their deluxe set weeks ago. iba man ang artwork sa disc mismo from the steel case vs the deluxe set, but same content, tried the deluxe disc 1, ok na. yun nga lang sira na ang transition ng artwork of the steelcase. oh well.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Where did you get yours replaced?

Any news on the satellite replacement centers for the defective disc?

TIA!