Author Topic: burn avi file as is to dvd-+r or dvd-+rw  (Read 3134 times)

Offline madsison

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
burn avi file as is to dvd-+r or dvd-+rw
« on: Nov 13, 2006 at 10:39 AM »
I've tried burning avi files as is to a dvd-r with several epsiodes of prison break but the problem started when i started watching the second episode, the audio is out of sync. I've tried several times burning in ISO mode and different softwares still audio is out of sync. can anyone suggest how to go about it?

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
Re: burn avi file as is to dvd-+r or dvd-+rw
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 11:09 AM »
bro, have you tried playing the avi file[the second ep] in your pc? Maybe the problem lies in the audio of the file itself. How bout the 3rd and the rest of the episodes? are they doin fine lang ba?

Ive encountered the same problem before, what i did was to  download it again from other sources.

Hope this helps  ;)

Offline GENDEMMIT

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 12:22 PM »
   That happens often in the "ripping scene", i.e. there are many "groups" out there trying to put out the latest rip of a dvd, tv show, or whatever and putting it out on the net.  Some groups are more careless than others, and in the race to be "first" they sometimes rush their copies out the door without checking the quality of their release.  Inevitably a "proper" (or so it has come to be called) version of the same file is issued by the release group later (hours, days, no one can say) that hopes to rectify the situation, but they do label these files as "PROPER" in most cases.  However, a lot of the time the original "bad" release (out-of-sync audio, poor video encode, or whatever) still continues to circulate.  Malas mo lang if you happen to get that version.  So skylnx888 is right, the problem just might be with the file itself, not with your burning procedures.  Bottom line, if it's out of sync on your PC, it'll most likely be so on your stand-alone dvd/divx player.  Lesson is, always check your source.  If you do p2p, then there's little chance to check the quality of the file before you download.  On bittorrent sites however (if that's how you got your file), always check the user comments before downloading, more often than not if a file has bad audio, video, etc., someone's bound to b*tch about it eventually.

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 01:30 PM »
What I do is to condert the files to Divx via Dr.Divx, or the usual Divx converter, most audio synch problems are easily remedied with this. ;)

Offline madsison

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 10:12 AM »
thank you for replying on my problem. first of all all the episodes that I've downloaded is good the video and audio is in divx format, audio is sync, the video is very good quality, When I try to burn the file as is, I use nero in dvd ISO/UDF mode, also I tried all the 7 episode that I burned only the first episode is in sync, the others are all out of sync particularly the audio. I also tried playing it in my pc everything is fine, only when I try playing it in my DVD player the second,third,fourth etc....episode is out of syn, I have a DVD player which is a DivX ready (Fukuda 702x or 708x i think : ???). Any suggestion how to burn this avi file by not converting to dvd format I would be very grateful. Anybody??????.

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 11:38 AM »
If you are burning the file just as back-up and preserve the .avi file, why not just create a data DVD using nero?

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 12:20 PM »
thank you for replying on my problem. first of all all the episodes that I've downloaded is good the video and audio is in divx format, audio is sync, the video is very good quality, When I try to burn the file as is, I use nero in dvd ISO/UDF mode, also I tried all the 7 episode that I burned only the first episode is in sync, the others are all out of sync particularly the audio. I also tried playing it in my pc everything is fine, only when I try playing it in my DVD player the second,third,fourth etc....episode is out of syn, I have a DVD player which is a DivX ready (Fukuda 702x or 708x i think : ???). Any suggestion how to burn this avi file by not converting to dvd format I would be very grateful. Anybody??????.

Bro, try mo kaya sa nero in "DVD ISO" mode only, i dont know how it differs with DVD ISO/UDF mode, but it works fine for me  ;D.

o baka naman po yun player mo ayaw ng multiple *.avi files, that would post a problem.
Hope this helps  :)

Offline GENDEMMIT

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 07:09 PM »
  I actually had this problem on my Ganz Klar player, which was the first divx capable player I bought.  I bought a Xenon 830 and the files that skipped on my GK didn't on the Xenon.   I guessed that because the Xenon has a newer firmware/chipset (Mediatek I think it's called), then it plays divx/xvid files better than players with "older" chipsets (like the first few batches of Fukuda players). 

Another factor you might look into is burn speed.  A lot of video help forums would suggest that you burn your video files at the lowest possible speed to minimize errors.  In my case when I burn avi's to dvd-r  I just burn them as data and use 4X speed.  This typically takes just 12 minutes or so for a full DVD.  On cd-r's on the other hand I can go as fast as 8x or 16x.

Offline madsison

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 03:57 PM »
guys thank you very much for the suggestion and advice. more power to all of you.  I Will try all the suggestion that have been posted and let you all know the result. thanks guys

Offline Miguel^

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 06:17 PM »
@madison

ISO or UDF it should not matter.

I think your DVD player is not the culprit.  I have the xenon 830 and from time to time I encounter out of sync divx files even if they play sync in the PC.  Its just that there are some limitations to DVD divx players.  Some encoders do tweaks for better quality or for whatever reason they do it when encoding to divx and that is where the trouble begins.  Because of the tweaks our DVD stand alones cannot read them properly.  I've read this somewhere and forgot what the settings were so you can check me on this, but thats the way I understand it. 

If you want you can re-encode your divx file for stand alone compatibility all you need is virtualdub
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/article_virtualdub_standalone_page1.html

For me I encode my TV stuff to mpeg2 coz I don't like not seeing the whole picture (overscan) on divx files on a standalone & TV. 

Just sharing info. 
Overscan - When playing hardsubed divx (.avi) anime on your standalone, ever wonder why the subtitles are too low compared to viewing on the PC monitor and sometimes not readable, its not that the picture is stretched or anything, its just that you don't see the whole picture and that is overscan.  When watching a divx file (anime, tv series, movies, etc. as long as it is divx) pause and compare the zoomed out to normal viewing and you will see what you are missing.  :)

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 05:53 PM »
It's probably not the video and audio codecs bec. if all videos have the same and the first episode plays correctly then the others should, too. The problem might be with the burning process, the type of disk used, or the player. Since all episodes played correctly when you used the DVD drive of your PC, then there is probably nothing wrong with the disk, either (unless there are quirks and the player doesn't like that type of disk), especially if you turned on the verification check in Nero and no errors were detected in the copy.

What you can probably do is try another brand for the disk or try another player, perhaps one owned by a friend or a demo player in a store.

Offline duneman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2006 at 08:40 PM »
video and audio out of synch is not due to burning process but during encoding. try another encoder, tmpgenc, adobe premiere or cinema craft encoder.

Nero encoder is not good.

Offline bam777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2007 at 09:35 PM »
Try nyo sa ConvertxtoDVD mabilis ang conversion almost one hour lang ang one movie, you can add subtitle too.