Author Topic: Recommend a Speaker  (Read 374072 times)

Offline xpenz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #630 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 01:42 AM »
wee i went to sound dimension knina. guess what?.. No more rotels nadin! malas tlga. I guess it's really DPR 2005 or wait till nov-dec. for rotel restock sabi ng sound simension salesman named darwin. So since i went there for nothing i decided to audition their B&W again with onkyo as receiver and velodyne CHT-12r as their sub.Hmm i played phantom of the opera, and the starting soundtrack during the auction scene made the sub really really worked very hard and nearly made it. sabi ng salesman maybe the cht-15r can make it since it's 23-120hz. sayang tlga i want to hear rotel tlga played with B&W or JBL studio L. maybe next 4-5 yrs pad ng upgrade nlng ako ulit. sana nga di ako mahawa sa SARS nyu!hehehe

Offline jackncokehere

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
need advice...
« Reply #631 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 09:39 AM »
mga sir ask ko lang po kung anong match na floorstanding speaker for my yamaha rx-v457 avr... more on alternative & rock music po ako... salamat po....

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
Re: need advice...
« Reply #632 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 02:48 PM »
mga sir ask ko lang po kung anong match na floorstanding speaker for my yamaha rx-v457 avr... more on alternative & rock music po ako... salamat po....

sir

Monitor Audio          B4        floor stand Speaker 
http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/product.php?application=&range=3&product=10&area=2 

Paradigm                 Esprit   floor stand Speaker

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/Performance/PerformanceSpecs.htm

Polk Audio                RTi8     floor stand Speaker  http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/specs/rti8/

RX-V457 Main Specifications
Maximum Power
(8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD)
Front Channels 125 W + 125 W
Center Channel 125 W
Surround Channels 125 W + 125 W
Surround Back Channel 125 W
Minimum RMS Output Power
(8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.09% THD)
Front Channels 85 W + 85 W
CentER Channel 85 W
Surround Channels 85 W + 85 W
Surround Back Channel 85 W
Dynamic Power (1 kHz)
(8/6/4/2 ohms) 115 W/150 W/185 W/230 W
Damping Factor
(8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz) 120 (speaker A)
Frequency Response 10 Hz–100 kHz +0, -3 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (CD, Front Sp Out)
(40 W/8 ohms) 0.06%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD) 100 dB (250 mV)
Monitor Out Frequency Response
Component Video Signal: 5 Hz-60 MHz -3 dB
FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity
(Mono) 2 μV (17.3 dBf)
(Stereo) 25 μV (39.2 dBf)
FM Selectivity (400 kHz) 70 dB
Standby Power Consumption 0.1 W
Dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 161 x 416 mm
Weight 11 kg

try to drop for audition

Offline cybermms

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #633 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 07:07 PM »
BREAKING NEWS  !!!

ACOUSTIC ZEN ADAGIO SPEAKERS WILL BE AT THE ALABANG AUDIO FAIR SEP 22-24. BE AMONGST THE FIRST TO AUDITION !!

When the synergy of theory, practice, and technology is optimized to deliver music
without compromise, "Musical Enlightenment" is achieved.

Robert Lee of Acoustic Zen Technologies has been applying his extensive knowledge
and experience to the design and production of some of the industry’s most acclaimed
interconnects, power cords, and speaker cables in the service of this goal.  The results
have garnered international awards, but more importantly, yielded musical joy for
countless listeners.

Finally, after years of development and testing, the transmission of music becomes
more complete with Acoustic Zen Technologies Adagio speaker.  Within the Adagio
speaker, theory, practice, and technology are brought together into a musical harmony.
Consider the following elements:

Dual 6 1/2 inch woofer/midrange drivers using a specialized sandwich design with
ceramic external layers around a fabric internal layer for maximum stiffness while
minimizing cone breakup, flexing, and resonance.

The drivers have shortened, under-hung voice coils – this technique results in
having the voice coil behave in an extremely linear fashion throughout its entire
travel.  Therefore, this short voice coil / long magnetic field gap motor system
significantly results in a ten time reduction of both harmonic and TIM distortion,
compared to a conventional over-hung voice coil driver design.

The tweeter is a limited production, specially modified circular ribbon that has
exceptional dispersion, transient, and power handling characteristics along with a
linear impedance and phase response.  This eliminates the difference between
the upright and parallel radiation angles.  The 0.01mm heat resistant Kapton
membrane is almost weightless, providing an immediate and precise response to
any transients in the original music signal.

The curved surfaces of the time and phase aligned cabinet minimize external
diffraction while reducing internal standing waves.  Combining the best of both
worlds, the port is actually a part of the internal transmission line system. The
resulting bass is fast, tight, deep, and musical.

With an efficiency rating of 89 dB, coupled with an ability to handle virtually any
unclipped amplifier power output, life-like sound pressure levels are attained,
without compression, all from a speaker with a small footprint.

To fully experience the "Musical Enlightenment" of Acoustic Zen Technologies Adagio
speaker, PLEASE COME TO THE ALABANG AUDIO FAIR 2006 Sep 22-24. Acoustic Zen will be at HI-FI LOUNGE's Listening Room.

Two way transmission line speaker system

Driver Unit description:

Woofer: 2 pieces 6½” composed of doped ceramic coated fabric cone, 2 ½” under-
hung (short voice coil /long magnetic gap) voice coil linear motor system, shielded 7oz
Neodymium magnet.

Tweeter: 1 5/8” Round Ribbon, shielded 3.5 oz high flux energy and high temperature
resistant magnet structure.

Nominal Impedance: 6 ohm

Sensitivity: 89 dB / 1w / 1 meter

Crossover: 3 kHz / 18 dB / Octave, Linkwitz / Riley Crossovers.

Frequency Response: 30Hz -30 kHz ± 3dB

Power Handling: 50 - 200W

Weight: 78 lbs / piece

Offline jackncokehere

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #634 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 10:19 AM »
sir audibleillusions,

saan po location n'yo so i can drop by for audition... thanks...

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
« Reply #635 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 05:15 PM »
AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS
HI TO EVERYONE
NEW HERE IN THIS PLACE
just want to let you know that the location of the store is @ 50D TIMOG AVENUE. QUEZON CITY beside lexus near zirko
FEEL FREE TO DROP BY VISIT THE PLACE

or call us 3743620

TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE!!!   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE
THE BETTER SOUND and VIEWS FOR BUDGETED PRICE

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #636 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 02:35 AM »
ayayayy! Happy to be here again! after a full week of agony, PLDT just fixed our telephone line..! grrr Here's my HT update, I finally decided on buying JBL Studio L Series (L880,LC2 and L820 combination) speakers from RM of acoustical space. Although the speakers is not yet formally been setup in our house because iam still waiting for the rotel 1068 as the processor. Iam very very pleased with the result of all the grueling audtions i've done for the studio L series. Using the following AVR's: YAMAHA, Onkyo, HK DPR 2005,340,635, AVR7300 (HK's Flagship receiver), HK analog AVR's turned out to be the most critical part of my JBL studio L auditions because this three AVRs actually sounded perfect to studio L. The brightness nature of JBL is nicely complemented with the warm sounding HK AVR's which results to a more balanced sound.

But in my setup, I used ricky's recommendation to go with rotel 1075 as an external power amp to each and every HK's avr i've audtioned and Iam a very very happy man. So thanks to you mate sana gumaling kna agad! with this setup, the result is even more dramatic, with rotel, bi-amped or not to any HK AVR's i've mentioned, the sound became much much fuller, the details are even more exceptional and the sound stage became very big, open and revealing. In my personal opinion, with this combination alone, I can say that JBL is even worth a look in the field of audio which many says it's JBL's weakness. With this setup in HT, JBL studio L is a monster!, in the sense that as a regularly mid-end priced speakers, you could even compare it with other really high end speakers in terms of sound quality and detail.

I would like to thank everyone for patiently helping me with my current setup. Mabuhay kayo matzter, muchkie, ET414, sanmig.ph, Ashley & Ritchie of audible illusion,dieselsy, and specially Ricky! kaya masarap mgstay ditu sa pinoydvd because of guys like you! Thank you all very muchh guys! after ko tapusin ang room treatment i will surely post some pics here. Sana maging maganda ang design ng room treatment para di nakakahiya.  ;D btw, i love your HT rooms mate ricky,matz and munchkie!  ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2006 at 03:10 AM by xpenz »

Offline Zitr0

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #637 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 05:51 AM »
Sir epenz, grabe, CONGATULATIONS !!! ng malaki sa set up mo!

Dont forget the pictures ha. Excited me makita! ;D ;D ;D and marinig if ever possible sana?

"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #638 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 07:14 AM »
Xpenz, Nice to hear that you were able to audition different gears before finalizing your purchases ;) Yes you cant go wrong with choosing the JBLs,I just dont know why its under rated here in our country  ??? IME JBL are really suited for movies bec of the details it can produce :o also glad that you liked it even for audio ;) Hope matapos na yung quest mo pare ;D

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #639 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 06:02 PM »
congratz expenz and welcome to the (few?) JBL speaker owners here in pinoydvd.  i own and still using the previous models of JBL studio series (Mark II)- they are great and you can't go wrong with them.  i was even eyeing for the L890 when they came out but they're still expensive, maybe later on.  how much did you pay for your L880?

shalom :)

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #640 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 11:01 PM »
@ Ric999
Thanks mate! tlgang excited na kming lahat ditu, sayng lang because of the typhoon lalung nadelay ang set up, imagine after 3days ngayn lng ngkakuryente samin. anyway, i'm still waiting for the refund which is scheduled to be released within this week, after that i could get the rotel 1068 na. Then we can finalize the setup. yun nlng ksi hinihintay. Well, regarding sa pictures, ill be posting some pics pag na setup na, cguro as long as anditu pako sa manila there is a big probability na maririning ng ating kapwa PDVD members na gusto makarinig like you ang setup ko which you all help me built. syempre all of you are welcome! ;)

@ricky
Pare thank you tlga sa mga advices and instructions on how to setup, specially the very very neat guide you emailed me on how to bi-amp. Thank you kay wife mo din! ;D OO nga, kaya pala when i scanned to look for JBL speaker thread, wala akong makita. Mukhang underrated nga JBL ditu satin. Sayang if they could just hear the full potential of JBL in HT. Talgang mapapa WOW ka! ibang klase ang detail pare gaya ng sinabi mo mate, with the right combination of gears JBL could rival even some of the high end brands of speakers available in the field of HT. And with rotel driving it, maganda nadin pati sa audio in my personal exprience. :)

@YrNeH
Thanks mate! yes tlgang mganda! wla akong disappontment khit katiting with JBL studio L. khit yung looks nya tlgang macho ang dating, which happen to be a very good match with my rotel gears, machong macho tlga tapus when you turn it on, wow the sound quality really complements the way it looks! ;D ewan ko lng pag ng asawa ako kung magugugtuhan ni misis. ksi very manly nga ang dating.hahaha mate oops medyo i forgot na the price of L880 parang somewhere between 65-75k mate. kung malaki room mo, with L890,LC2 and L820 tlgang sulit na sulit ka tapus nka separates kapa or just one very good AVR! ayayay sarap mate! ;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #641 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 11:44 AM »
I would like to thank everyone for patiently helping me with my current setup. Mabuhay kayo matzter, muchkie, ET414, sanmig.ph, Ashley & Ritchie of audible illusion,dieselsy, and specially Ricky! kaya masarap mgstay ditu sa pinoydvd because of guys like you! Thank you all very muchh guys! after ko tapusin ang room treatment i will surely post some pics here. Sana maging maganda ang design ng room treatment para di nakakahiya.  ;D btw, i love your HT rooms mate ricky,matz and munchkie;)

Its munchkin  :-* not munchkie... ;D

You are welcome bro, Its a pleasure to give advice to someone with a good budget. We dont have that budget for ourselves, so some happiness is somehow derived from helping someone else with the funds, so he can achieve a great HT without being fooled by salespeople  ;D.

And the good thing is you really act on the advice. Si ricky natatawa sa mga tanong ng tanong, then after 6 months + di pa rin bumibili ng kahit ano. hehe peace!

Dont forget, you are only 50% done! Your room is the other 50% of the experience! Treat it well and you will have the best HT experience.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2006 at 11:47 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #642 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 11:58 AM »
@ Ric999
Thanks mate! tlgang excited na kming lahat ditu, sayng lang because of the typhoon lalung nadelay ang set up, imagine after 3days ngayn lng ngkakuryente samin. anyway, i'm still waiting for the refund which is scheduled to be released within this week, after that i could get the rotel 1068 na. Then we can finalize the setup. yun nlng ksi hinihintay. Well, regarding sa pictures, ill be posting some pics pag na setup na, cguro as long as anditu pako sa manila there is a big probability na maririning ng ating kapwa PDVD members na gusto makarinig like you ang setup ko which you all help me built. syempre all of you are welcome! ;)

Why not a Rotel RSX 1056 receiver to bi-amp with your 1075? Its 5x75w but with a power amp, you can bi-amp all 5 channels or use its expandable 7.1 capability in the future. Its just me, but I would choose more power from a bi-amped receiver+amp @ 200w than a pre pro w/ 120w, since your speakers are multi-drivered & probable harder to drive.

Just my 2 cents.

http://europe.rotel.com/products/specs/rsx1056.htm
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2006 at 11:59 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #643 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 12:51 PM »
Why not a Rotel RSX 1056 receiver to bi-amp with your 1075? Its 5x75w but with a power amp, you can bi-amp all 5 channels or use its expandable 7.1 capability in the future. Its just me, but I would choose more power from a bi-amped receiver+amp @ 200w than a pre pro w/ 120w, since your speakers are multi-drivered & probable harder to drive.

Just my 2 cents.

http://europe.rotel.com/products/specs/rsx1056.htm

Pare with the 1068 pwedeng pwede pa din naman si ryan mag bi-amp eh ;) actually muntik na sya kumuha ng 1070 or 1080 for that purpose :o :o napigilan ko lang ;D With the 1068,in case he wants to upgrade the sound,all he has to do is to add more-upgrade the amp section, 1066(3x130w),1070,1080,1095,1077 0r another 1075 ;D endless possibilities

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #644 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 03:05 PM »
Pare with the 1068 pwedeng pwede pa din naman si ryan mag bi-amp eh ;) actually muntik na sya kumuha ng 1070 or 1080 for that purpose :o :o napigilan ko lang ;D With the 1068,in case he wants to upgrade the sound,all he has to do is to add more-upgrade the amp section, 1066(3x130w),1070,1080,1095,1077 0r another 1075 ;D endless possibilities

Yes, possibilities are endless as long as you have the money to spend. My suggestions are just the low-budget version.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #645 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 04:09 PM »
pati dito pa-humble pa din ;D low budget version ba yung lagi upgrade and bukod sa tube rolling eh may amp and cable rolling din ;D ;D ;D peace pare,mas matipid kasi ako ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #646 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 04:56 PM »
Hehe, pare mura lang cables & tubes compared to amps & pre/pros.   ;D

peace din.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2006 at 04:57 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #647 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 06:32 PM »
@matzter
mate nice suggestion, I need to try and audition my speakers using separates 1st before i can finally decide if it is indeed worth it.  :)

@ricky
panu yan pare kung dun sa 1066 (3x130x) edi, hindi ko na gagamitin yung 5th speaker connection sa 1075 ko. and then just let the 1066 power my center and 2 fronts or bi-amp these three speakers with 1075. malaki nmn kaya improvement sa sound quality nitu.  ;)

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #648 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 08:06 PM »
he he he im not sure how big the improvement will be since i've only auditioned it in my dreams :-[ ;D If in case you get the 1066 and settle for 5.1 set-up then you can just use it to bi-amp LCR ;D for 7.1 you can just get L810 and rotel 1050 :D but for me last option yung 1066 kasi bridge mode sya pag 3x130w,mas ok yung 1070, 1080,1095 or another 1075 ;) patay na naman ako nito kay master matt :) sorry ot na.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #649 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 03:12 PM »
All recommendations are valid naman. we all have different opinions and we respect each other, but its still up to the buyer to decide.  ;)

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #650 on: Oct 04, 2006 at 04:43 AM »
@Ricky
pare nging complicated ata. Stick to the original plan nlng ako para sure.  ;D

@Matzter
thank you pare ang ganda din ng mga recommendations mo, and yet very practical because ang aim is to get the best bang for the buck! Whatever final decision i'll make this week i'll make sure to consider your honest opinion and insights. ;)

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #651 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 06:48 AM »
Hay guys salamat tlga sa mga advices nyu natapus nadin ang setup ko! Here's my final setup:

JBL Studio L: (All i can say with the right system combinations this is Superb on HT and Very good in Audio.)

L880= fronts ( if you have a big big room you might opt for L890 for a more powerful 250watts fronts.)  ;)
LC2= center (LC1 is very good already, but i chose LC2 for a more pronounced vocal clarity.)
L820= rears (Honestly, L810 i really feel will be more than enough )
Pre/pro= rotel 1068 (dynamic,well detailed,revealing,larger sound stage and will give you better Audio experience using JBL Studio L in my experience)
Power amp= rotel 1075 (For even better and satisfying ext pow amp from rotel, its gotta be 1095. ;))

And syempre i owe you guys A LOT!, kaya i want to share a more detailed story of the final hours of my system setup! Here it is......

Tlgang natagalan ako sa pagpili between rotel 1068 and HK340. You must be wondering why?, Ist of all, the 1st rotel 1068 unit that was sent to me by Joey of AudioWorld for audition was a lemon one. meaning a "defective unit" Imagine they spent hours and hours of tweaking it when infact, a processor or an avr shouldn't be that hard to make it sing, the hard part should be the calibration. kinabukasan, another unit came, this time umandar na salamat naman! And this is the hardest part on my decision.

How would an HK340 compete with rotel 1068, it should be no match right? That's what most of the people said when i asked for their advice. But I can't deny myself, upon hearing these two over and over again, HK340 can actually compete with Rotel 1068 in the field of HT, I could really feel that Hk340 has a more solid mid and deeper bass output than rotel and the detail is not bad at all, in fact, it can almost produce some of the deeper details that a rotel 1068 usually do. on the otherhand, 1068 is more detailed, revealing and has a more pronounced highs which someone may interpret it as a little bright but for me it's good for HT actually, and it's not overly bright like the yamahas or the DPR2005 i've ist auditioned with. In audio, 1068 totally left hk340 to dust,with rotel. the detail was just overwhelming and the soundstage was larger and even more revealing than before but not overly revealing like say dynaAudio. unfortunately, after auditioning it for hours, i happen to notice that it is not the sound quality I had a real problem with but the sound timing of rotel 1068. it was actually out of pace and overly forward. For example: The arrow passing at the back can't be heard from the back to the front, instead you can immediately hear the sound in your front yourself. 2nd example: The people running upstairs on the 1st deck of the ship on master and commander disc demo 9 clip, the sound should come on the ceiling, but the rotel would produce it a little offset or lower down the wall (mind you these bad timings were not very noticeable, until you audition it very carefully.) Weird, but when i played it on HK340, 630,635, 7300 and DPR2005 the timings were all right and perfect.

So i asked Jason of AudioWorld if there is a way to adjust some of the settings in the rotel menu so that the timing could be set right like the HK340. And he asked me to bring him the remote control and he tried resetting the delay timings, and then, i tested it again but the problem persists. So i asked him "is there anymore you can do to improve the timing" and he said that's all sir, "ganyan lang tlga ang setting sa rotel wala ng iba pa." hmm upon hearing it and he tweaked the delay timings again and again. I said to him. okay okay tama nayan. nakuha mona, seeing it was hopeless already since he said that yun lang tlga yung settings ng rotel and there is nothing more he can do. Then i said to him, i will get the HK 340. But to be fair, instead of getting the rotel 1068, i will get the Rotel 1080 tomorrow, then i asked him to bring the rotel1068 back to their shop, But seeing it was late na jason of audioworld said: Sir bka pwedeng kayu nlng magdala nyang rotel tomorrow sa shop" I said okay lng cge dadalhin ko. Tapus sabay hatid ko na sa knina sa mga sakayan. Kinabukasan, Joey the owner of AudioWorld, immediately called me in my cellphone. He said: Sabi ng mga technicians ko maganda naman daw ang rotel 1068 anu ba problema? Sabi ko: "Sound quality was not in question, maganda ang sound quality hands down, ang di naiintidihan ng technicians nyu is the timing, how could i enjoy a movie if i see the sound of a bomb blasting in the far off places and i was actually hearing it in front of me. or the arrows coming at your back, and hearing the sound in front of you immediately.? then his signal went out. Immediately followed by a text on my cellphone quoting  "ipadala mo ditu yang rotel 1068 mamaya, pakidala mo na agad yan ngayn na." Then i called him back saying: Could you pls wait a little while, because i invited a friend of mine "Ricky" a fellow PDVD member to check and audtion my setup with your rotel 1068. Because I can really feel, he can help us out. He replied "naku dina pwede, kasi bka daanan ako ni apolinaryo ditu sa monday, yun yung pinagkunan ko ng rotel1068 mo, bka hanapin yung rotel 1068 wala akong maipapakita" Then he said could you give me ricky's cel number or let ricky call me in our store. Then I gave his number and ricky called him up. A little while, ricky texted me "pare dina tlga pwede, you need to make a decision right now. hanggang isang araw lang tlga ang pwedeng ibigay sayu na audition." Well in the 1st place, i wasn't given that overnight audtion, nagkataon lang at gusto din iwan ng mga technicians yung rotel 1068. and being a probinsyano didin't actually know the 1day audition. So i said to ricky " okay lang pare, cge ill make the final decision today between hk340 and rotel 1068, thank you very much tlga."

after an hour ata, i was in wilson noon e, na cancel yung seminar schedule nmin. Ricky texted again and said. "Anditu ako sa visayas ave, sa may quezon circle if you want i can drop by in your house para macheck natin yung rotel. pero i must be back mga noon time din." so sabi ko, cge sunduin kita pare. thanks tlga! When we arrived home, he immediately checked the configurations. Believe it or not, Ricky was able to solve the problem of the rotel sound timings within about 5-10 minutes lng, i don't know why Joey's technicians told me that wla ng iba pang way to set the timings but ricky almost instantaneously found the way and automatically the sound became more balanced. the arrows coming at the back, sounds from back going to front and the people running at the ceiling sounds right too. then after, he said pare mas magiging balance payan pag ginamitan mo ng SPL meter at na na break in yan ng about 100hours. Well done pare! rotel expert ka tlga! iba tong si pareng ricky una mo palang kasama parang kapamilya na agad ang mafefeel mo sa kanya. mabait tlga, very open and honest khit di pa lasing yan! ;D ;D ;D at very down to earth tlga aba bihira na taong ganyan ngayn sa mundo uy! no kidding a... pare!  ;) ;D ;D

So after a more satisfying rotel experience than before, i called up Joey to say that i was getting the rotel 1068 na. and requested if he could accomodate me for an SPL meter service which he immediately said yes. Thanks joey! jason and gilbert for patiently setting the rotel up! all in all, If you want real value for your money, I would recommend HK340 + rotel 1075 or much better a 1095 if it won't hurt your pocket naman. ;) This combo is one of the best bung for buck! napakaganda ng combination nitung dalawa mabilog ang bass at mid nya guys yan din ang sabi ni ricky! Swabeng swabe at kung type nyu medyo malambing din sya in HT standards. As for myself, i decided to choose 1068. I like a very well detailed,revealing and a more dynamic type of sound when it comes to HT. Also, with rotel, i believe with its durability, online firmware upgrade, multiple connectivity, and sound quality overtime of course medyo mas future proof nako kesa Hk340. and since iam living on province, these factors will give me more confidence and also convenience.

i would like to thank so many members here at PDVD who patiently guided me through thick and thin. Mate matzter kung gusto nyu ng advice na practical but maganda padin ang quality ng mga binibili mong speakers here's the man guys! , munchkin, ET414, sanmig.ph, Ashley & Ritchie of audible illusion,dieselsy,ric999. (jason,gilbert and joey of AudioWorld thank you guys!. Honestly, i would like to recommend Joey's audioworld if you want a quality audio and video items in an affordable price, mura ditu guys! you can never go wrong with this shop most specially if you are very much concern with the price! ) and lastly, my big big thanks to RICKY! this guy i can call up even on 2-4am in the morning! Ambait tlga super!  ;D ;D ;D

Mabuhay lahat ng mga Pinoy DVD members!!!  ;) :) :)
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2006 at 07:42 AM by xpenz »

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #652 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 08:39 AM »
pareng xpenz congrats sa rotel combo mo , hd dvd na lang at pj swak na sa ht .
same experience din ako kay pareng ricky down to earth yan at napakabait. ;D

ganda ng speaker mo pare machong macho dating.congrats ;D
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline jay2

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #653 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 10:25 AM »
Sir xpens how much did you get the rotel 1068 and 1075 paki pm naman po ako

TIA

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #654 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 11:29 AM »
xpenz,

congrats sa new equipment mo,  you won't get wrong with this combo.  JBL is known in the US for its concert-sound-like speaker in the home, while the Rotel is known for its powerful amplifier without the fatiguing-effect present in some if not most manufactured amplifiers.  for sure every night parang concert hall ang room mo.

Dream set-up ko rin iyan except for the JBLs.  How much nga pala ang rotel pre-amp and power amp? Enjoy the music! ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #655 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 12:39 PM »
Expenz,

Ganyan talaga si ricky, matulungin and will go the extra mile to extend his help. Thats why naging friend ko yan. Yung first time ko nakausap yan busy ako sa trono (CR) biglang tumawag sa cellphone para tulungan ako bumili ng PJ screen. Kelangan ko tuloy buksan yung pinto kundi obvious na nasa CR ako (puro echo).  ;D Pero nabilib ako na may pdvd member na ganyan ka helpful at sya pa tatawag sa cell mo to help you. Mabuhay ka pare!

So sa mga nagpPM sa akin tungkol sa HT questions, kay ricky na lang kayo  mag PM!  ;D

Congrats on your setup bro. Like I told ricky, basta you have the budget, go for it. You cant go wrong with the Rotels.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2006 at 12:40 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #656 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 08:38 PM »
Matt and xpenz thank you din sa tiwala nyo :) Ive been like this always trying to please everybody as much as i can lalo na kung i have the knowledge, capacity and time to help out ;) ;D Ganda nun system mo ryan,kakainggit yung studio L mo malayo na sa xti ko :) and by the way mabait din naman kayo ni matt sa akin eh ;D

Offline skylark

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #657 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 09:33 PM »
Mga gurus ano po ba ma recommend nyo na speaker na 89 db ang sensitivity pls help me plan to use for 2 channel lang for music lang pag po ba reciever ay 80 for 5 channel sa 2 channel ba ilang watts lalabas..

Offline Zitr0

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #658 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:11 PM »
Mga gurus ano po ba ma recommend nyo na speaker na 89 db ang sensitivity pls help me plan to use for 2 channel lang for music lang pag po ba reciever ay 80 for 5 channel sa 2 channel ba ilang watts lalabas..

Hmmm,  medyo malaki ang range natin dyan, npaka rami nating pwede pagpilian.

No. 1 question ko sayo would be is ano ung amp m? ung 80W x 5 ba eb All channels driven? o rating ng manufacturer meaning can deliver 80W if one channel is being used?

Kung all channels driven ang rating nya, kahit ano speaker pwede dyan for a small room, depende nalang sa magugustuhan mong tunog or combination ng equipments. Are you into neutral, bright or warm sounding equipments? those are the thing na dapat nating iconsider. :)
"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline skylark

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #659 on: Oct 11, 2006 at 08:00 AM »
Sir its a old denon 2800 its a 5.1   
Featuring the latest in Dolby Digital and DTS decoding technology, the AVR-2800 provides outstanding home theater surround sound performance. The heart of the AVR-2800 is Denon's Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit-Digital technology, incorporating high performance dual DSP chips and superior A/D and D/A conversion devices. This provides superb listening results, with virtually any home theater or music source. Prepared for the future, the AVR-2800 features 6-Channel external input, for connection to future

Product Details
Key Features
Type  Receiver 

Number of Channels  5.1 Channels 

Stereo Mode Power  85 Watt @ 8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, THD: 0.05% 

Surround Mode Power  85 Watt @ 8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, THD: 0.05% 

Surround Sound  Dolby Digital® • DTS® 

THX Certification  No