Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2  (Read 108522 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2
« Reply #930 on: May 30, 2007 at 08:16 AM »
the only thing i know about PBB now is that mickey and kian are the nominees....and Mickey got the most points.  my wife told me the trio of Wendy, Saicy and Bruce nominated him.......and bea too...all for two points!!   wondering what prompted bea to vote for mickey....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007 at 09:06 AM by Munskie »

Offline munky

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • who's who?
  • Liked:
« Reply #931 on: May 30, 2007 at 08:42 AM »
is it true that Wendy doesn't know the iodized salt?
Still world peace

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #932 on: May 30, 2007 at 09:15 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised. For all her claims of being intelligent, she can't even pronounce the name of the artist Sade right, and she claims she's been singing her songs for so long and she's her favorite artist.

Mickey, from what I've seen before, was beginning to lord it over the house. Only his opinions matter inside the house or at least that's what he wants to happen.

Offline inv99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #933 on: May 30, 2007 at 09:24 PM »
I watched TVPatrol today and saw some aged gays at the PBB house. Can anyone confirm this?

I agree with indieboi, its been 2-3 weeks since i last watch this and the sole reason is Wendy's pestering face... and the rest of her idiot disciples.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM by inv99 »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: May 31, 2007 at 01:23 AM »
is it true that Wendy doesn't know the iodized salt?

i actually laughed at this bit when it was shown during the primetime show.. when wendy asked bruce kung mukha bang sugar ang asin, sumulpot si toni gonzaga at the lower part of the screen and said:

"wendy, ang iodized salt nakakapagpataas ng IQ.. so, ok na rin.."  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #935 on: May 31, 2007 at 09:22 AM »
Hankey, can you point me to an article regarding this? What did Tina say?

I don't know exactly what she said, but here's a Pinoy blog entry about Tina's eviction: http://mykiru.blogspot.com/2007/05/pinoy-big-brother-season-2-mid-week.html

If you Google for the incident, you'll see some non Pinoy-biased forum entries elsewhere on how Tina was the most despised housemate in Slovenia. Parang Wendy!

What I found interesting was that in this nomination/eviction, it was the person with the MOST votes who was evicted. I wonder if this is normal in Slovenia, or was if it was an exception.

Can you imagine just how many votes Wendy would get if we all could vote TO EVICT instead of to save?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 at 09:31 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #936 on: May 31, 2007 at 09:41 AM »
Can you imagine just how many votes Wendy would get if we all could vote TO EVICT instead of to save?  ;D

Definitely more than the doubtful 54% voting she got in the balikbahay scheme.  Around 70-80 percent??

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #937 on: May 31, 2007 at 09:57 AM »
Thanks for the link! I think I've read somewhere before that in BB Slovenia you do vote to evict and not to save.

Do you guys still watch Primetime or 24/7. I tried watching again last night and it seems that there's this big brouhaha over Wendy's birthday. Magpaparequest pa ata sila ng kabayo. I do hope that if it pushes through the horse will do to Wendy what I think we are all imagining LOL!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: May 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM »
Do you guys still watch Primetime or 24/7.

Nope.

I do hope that if it pushes through the horse will do to Wendy what I think we are all imagining LOL!

I think I saw a stag film on 8mm of a similar incident back in the 1980s...  ;D

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • I'm a South American ruminant mammal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #939 on: May 31, 2007 at 04:57 PM »
at least the horse would have breeding... and probably the papers to prove it  :)

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #940 on: May 31, 2007 at 05:20 PM »
pbb2 highlight is the "idiotized" salt incident.

if only for that, i wanna see wendy be the grand winner ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #941 on: Jun 02, 2007 at 11:26 PM »
I was sitting at home after a really long day when someone texted me that he was out of town, so could I please text who would be evicted. So I saw my first episode in 2 weeks. Still more of the nauseating love team, consuming maybe 2/3 of the show.

On the plus side, though... apparently the exes of the housemates are all coming in unannounced on Monday. That should be a interesting show. IF I can bring myself to sit through another one of these...

Offline ESL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 12:30 AM »
Like all of you, the magic of PBB is gone for me as well. I watched for 5 minutes the past three days, and didn't really enjoy the show anymore. If you're annoyed at Wendy, Nel and Bruce, add Bodie for me!

I thought it stupid that they gave a returning evicted housemate a birthday party, PLUS a visit from her mom. Meanwhile, to get a dinner with her dad who she only sees every two years, BB made Bea dig up 808 unsharpened pencils, sharpen them while on the exercise bike. And she had to do this all in 2 hours. And because she failed, she was denied the reunion with her dad. Someone told me that to win the party for Wendy, Bruce was given a task. And I heard he didn't even succeed in it. But for his efforts, they gave the party anyway!

I'll just check back in after the "big night".

Oh, and does anyone even think that the Bruce-Wendy loveteam will be a hit with the masses? And will Wendy even have a career in showbiz? I really doubt that!

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #943 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 12:40 AM »
can this wendy issue be deliberate? abs-cbn probably sees the necessity of an in-house villain/tool (hence the intentional villification). i sometimes think of it like dyogi is taking on the role of vince mcmahon in the wwe. if so, then the conflict that they were trying to drum up worked contrary to plan, hehe.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 08:47 AM »
In the link Hankey provided a few posts back, the blogger also posted Dyogi's reply to Joey Reyes' article. One telling paragraph there was when Dyogi said that "dapat laging may kinaiinisan sa kahit na anong show". He said it will be boring if all of the housemates actually got along and only had one personality. I agree with him on that point. But he also misses the whole issue here altogether. Yes, you need a villain to spice things up in a show. But if the audience already decided that the villain has to go, you do not bring the villain back for exactly the same reason. Ano yun, everytime na mavote out ang kontrabida pababalikin lagi para lang may bad guy lagi sa bahay? Stupid, innit?

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 02:10 PM »
yes. in the bigger picture though, it seems that they somehow did a vince mcmahon and made abs-cbn the bigger villain (the 'evil corporation') by the reintroduction of wendy. too bad though that it didn't work for them, even if unintentional. ;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 11:54 AM »
Guess who stepped into our condo elevator I was in this morning? DIONNE! She was carrying lots of luggage. It looks like she was off to the airport. She's very pretty (but not the konyo type), has a friendly smile and quite short. Too bad I didn't have the guts to speak to her and tell her I lost interest in the show after she left and what a biyatch Wendy is.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #947 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 08:08 PM »
According to highly placed sources, PBB is not rating as highly as expected. With ABS-CBN wresting the number one position for it's primetime shows, management is worried that PBB's lackluster performance may jeopardize their gains. Solution? They are planning on changing the PBB team.

Goodbye Dyogi. See ya, don't wanna be ya.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 09:12 PM »
PBB is not rating as highly as expected... They are planning on changing the PBB team.

Where can I apply to be the new showrunner?

I'll make the BB Australia house seem like a Buddhist temple in comparison.

;D

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Jun 09, 2007 at 07:36 AM »
Mr. Hankey, MTRCB might have a field day if you will run the PBB house ;D
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Jun 09, 2007 at 06:47 PM »
According to highly placed sources, PBB is not rating as highly as expected. With ABS-CBN wresting the number one position for it's primetime shows, management is worried that PBB's lackluster performance may jeopardize their gains. Solution? They are planning on changing the PBB team.

ayan kasi, sobra kung maghabol sa retengs. akala nila mga t*anga pa rin mga tao. the people saw their scheme coming even a mile away. in my rounds of the different forums right after the balik bahay thing, halos iisa ang sentiments ng mga tao - that it was done just for the sake of the ratings and that they were robbed, having voted for not one, but two housemates just to evict wendy. very near-sighted kasi yung pov na porke nag-dip lang ang rating after wendy's eviction, ang solusyon kaagad eh ibalik siya ulit.

Goodbye Dyogi. See ya, don't wanna be ya.

kaya siguro mukhang panay ang sagot ni dyogi (under a different account of course) sa forums. he's just spouting lang naman yung mga previous pronouncements niya from the very few interviews he granted since the balik bahay brouhaha.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Jun 09, 2007 at 08:24 PM »
The Balik-Bahay crap was the biggest mistake they have commited and it will be for the longest time. It's a risk not worth taking at any levels but Dyogi did. Because of such stupid frailty,  the franchise' have woundend itself to almost incurable levels. Dyogi has managed to hostaged his own credibility  and put the show in suicide for illogical personal gains. I for one, have deserted the show entirely, worst, I fear that I might not even look forward to future seasons only for that one grave mistake they did. It is depressing to see this sh** happen to a show with titanic potential.

Hopefully the new team are those who can see it from the outside -- not behind the shadow of Dyogi else history will repeat itself. Nonetheless, it will be a consolation step if they proceed with the changes.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2007 at 09:28 PM by inv99 »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #952 on: Jun 10, 2007 at 12:03 AM »
According to highly placed sources, PBB is not rating as highly as expected.

LOL, I'm not surprised. But I'm surprised this stupid show is still airing--wasn't it supposed to end by June, or are they planning to extend it all the way till August? I watched some parts of the show tonight for the first time in 2 or 3 weeks, and from the crap that I saw, I'm glad I didn't stick around, and will not stick around for more crap they're planning to air--house of horrors? meh. big wedding--wtf?

I did notice that Bea got 60% of the votes, which obviously trounces WendyB!tch's "highest" turnout of votes--so why didn't the hosts have an orgasm about it this time?
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2007 at 12:04 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #953 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 09:54 AM »
Watched this again (after a long time) last night because of the face-to-face nomination. Wendy biyatch got her sole vote (1 point) from Gee-Ann, who reasoned that Wendy already knows the sentiments of people outside. Although she didn't say it directly, Gee-Ann obviously thought this was an unfair advantage to Wendy. Robert got the most votes at six, followed by Bruce with five. Even though I'm no fan of Robert, I wish he'd be the one to be saved, just to see Wendy suffer the loss of her dear Bruce. Now that, will make me watch the show again!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #954 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 01:37 PM »
So it's Robert vs Bruce. Cool, I want to vote for Robert just to see Bruce bray like a neutered donkey again and Wendy hyperventilate. I just hope that when she does hyperventilate Gee-ann hides all of the paper bags in the house.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 05:39 PM »
So it's Robert vs Bruce. Cool, I want to vote for Robert just to see Bruce bray like a neutered donkey again and Wendy hyperventilate. I just hope that when she does hyperventilate Gee-ann hides all of the paper bags in the house.
hehehehe.......catched the PT show too...........its just logical for mickey and gee-ann fans to support robert now........Wendy and Bruce conspired to give mickey 2 points each........while gee-ann gave bruce and wendy 2pts and 1 pt respectively.   This yucky tandem should be broken up...........

have you also seen the eviction night??   Wendy wasnt wearing any costume.....hehehehehe  ;D ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 06:19 PM »
I actually also watched nomination night. I suspected Robert would be nominated, and wanted to see his angry/pikon reaction again. He didn't disappoint!  ;D

Wendy and Bruce conspired to give mickey 2 points each

It was pretty obvious that they did conspire and voted exactly the same, both giving Mickey 2 points and Robert 1 point.

Under the Big Brother rules in almost all countries (except for the US version), discussing who you'll nominate with any other housemate/conspiring to nominate a common housemate is a grave violation and grounds for immediate expulsion.

Even in the official PBB rules, it states that:

The voting has to be sport and fair. You are not allowed to plot against a fellow housemate. If you do, you are in breach of your contract.

Of course, these rules don't apply to Wendy and Bruce, 'di ba?

The farce continues. Dyogi, what the hell are you doing? You're killing your franchise by breaking rules for a love team no one cares about. No one other than you, that is.

Follow your show's rules and expel them now to save face!
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2007 at 06:36 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 07:25 PM »
what were each housemates' reasons for their nominations?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #958 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 07:41 PM »
That's when it actually became obvious. After the live show, Big Brother played back the confession room nominations for everyone to hear. Everyone's reasons were played back, but when it came to Wendy, they did not play back her reason for giving Robert 1 point. She even remarked, "Bakit hindi pinakita yung isang vote ko?" This only happened to her.

The only logical answer is: It would've been identical to Bruce's reason, and the housemates could've figured out they were being connived against.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 08:14 PM »
what were each housemates' reasons for their nominations?
Geeann gave Wendy 1 point..........and gave the most logical reason of all...that Wendy's stay is unfair coz she had been evcited before.  I thought Mickey would do the same thing, coz she had nominated Wendy before with exactly the same reason.

After that, some convo of Wendy and Geeann were kept on being cut-off by ABS.  Wendy was on her crying antics, while geeann was defending that 1 point nomination.......mygosh....Wendy had nominated gee-ann so many times for some dumb reasons!!!!

And ABS was cutting the convo off coz gee-anns reason rings so true.  They dont want to resonate that line of thinking to the viewers.