Author Topic: Blu-ray News  (Read 158933 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Blu-ray News
« Reply #1770 on: Jul 17, 2010 at 07:54 AM »
Wow Oct 26 will be a big day that will put a big dent in my wallet. ;D. Back to the future trilogy and Alien quadrilogy. Oh my ;) :D ;D

Whoa lots of goodies coming this way yeah? :D

Catalog Blu-ray Wave from Fox Coming Up
The Blu-ray release of Alien Anthology, just announced, is only one aspect of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment's yearlong campaign to honor the studio's 75th birthday. Select Fox fan-favorites are coming out on Blu-ray this year, and have just gone up for preorder (albeit without a date): The Last of the Mohicans, Moulin Rouge!, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Romeo + Juliet, and The Sound of Music.

The Sound of Music will initially be available in a Limited Edition Collector's Set, probably in the vein of recent ultimate collector's editions such as The Wizard of Oz.

Blu-ray.com
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2010 at 07:55 AM by pchin »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #1771 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 09:45 AM »

The Target edition of the action blockbuster will receive exclusive metal packaging.
The first announced retailer exclusive for Jon Favreau's 'Iron Man 2' Blu-ray will include metal case packaging exclusively at Target on September 28.

The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and standard supplements include: Commentary by Jon Favreau; Creating Stark Expo—A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece; Practical Meets Digital—How the "practical" props inform the "digital" work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen; and four deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau.

The Blu-ray also comes loaded with a ton of exclusives including: S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault — Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more; Previsualization and Animatics; Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of Iron Man 2; Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury—A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe; Illustrated Origin: Black Widow—An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in Iron Man 2; Illustrated Origin: War Machine—A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans; Working with DJ AM—Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein; Four Blu-ray exclusive deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau; Concept art gallery; Theatrical trailers; and Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill."

The release will also include a DVD/Digital Copy.

*Each case will be individually numbered and limited to 30,000 units. The Blu-ray release will duplicate the already announced Iron Man 2 Blu-ray release. Iron Man 2 Blu-ray Metal Case is available for pre-order from Target.com for $34.99. It has been confirmed via the forums that it will not be a SteelBook™.

Offline Macross

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1772 on: Aug 11, 2010 at 04:28 PM »
guys, anyone managed to get SHUTTER ISLAND bluray steelbook from France?

i have one collector selling me at Php1,980 sealed.  is it a good price already? or too expensive?
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2010 at 04:32 PM by Macross »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #1773 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 06:51 AM »
Wow its coming na. I can't wait

George Lucas Announces Star Wars Blu-ray for 2011
   Share252
Posted August 14, 2010 02:54 PM by Juan Calonge

20th Century FoxConfirming earlier reports (see blu-ray.com, April 17), George Lucas himself announced today that the Star Wars films will be released on Blu-ray in 2011, in a six-movie box set. Speaking at the Celebration V convention in Orlando, Lucas said: "I wish I could say it was coming out this year, but it will come out next year." New, extensive special features will be featured, including documentaries, vintage behind-the-scenes moments, interviews, retrospectives and never-before-seen footage from the Lucasfilm archives.

One of those special features, a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi, premiered at the convention. In it, Luke Skywalker is seen asembling his new lightsaber before going to the palace of Jabba the Hutt.

"Blu-ray is the absolute best way to experience Star Wars at home – in pristine high definition," said George Lucas. "The films have never looked or sounded better."

In an interview with the New York Times, Lucas said that the saga hadn't been announced before because he was waiting for mass adoption of the Blu-ray format. "We've been wanting to do it as soon as we possibly could, but we just wanted to do it when enough people would be able to buy it and see it," said the filmmaker.

Lucas also clarified that the original trilogy movies will be included as they were shown theatrically in 1997 and released on DVD in 2004 - i.e., the original versions will not be included. "You have to go through and do a whole restoration on it, and you have to do that digitally," he said. "It's a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version."

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #1774 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 07:16 AM »
Thanks for the fantastic news Raymond! Finally Lucas makes the official words!!  :o

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1775 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 09:03 AM »
Wow! Great news! saw the deleted scene from Return of The Jedi in youtube just now. Goosebumps pa din! Can't wait.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2010 at 09:05 AM by darth mond »

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1776 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 09:30 AM »
Oh that's very good news!!  It gives me ample time to save up for a possible LE as well.   ;D

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1777 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 03:50 PM »
Would have been nice if there was an alternative Return of the Jedi without the Ewoks... :D :D :D

Offline FrancisS

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Collector
  • Drive your car and speakers safely!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1778 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 05:20 PM »
Can't wait for StarWars.  ;D Excited for its release.
Pana42V20
Onkyo609
Aaudio/Wharfe 9.3,9CM,9.1
Sony BDP S570+PS3
Pilyo Amp4v2 + 2 12" JBL GT5

Offline darth mond

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1779 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 05:53 PM »
Would have been nice if there was an alternative Return of the Jedi without the Ewoks... :D :D :D

Ewoks are cool with me. What I want is Phantom Menace without Jarjar or an Alternative Episode 1 for that matter hehehe.

Offline s_migs

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1780 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 07:03 PM »
YES! Finally star wars on bluray!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1781 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 11:57 PM »
Finally! now im only hoping the 2011 release date would be January 1 :D :D :D

Offline alihug

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #1782 on: Aug 16, 2010 at 02:13 PM »
finally, the waiting mode is over! sure buy for me!!!

Offline darth mond

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1783 on: Aug 16, 2010 at 02:20 PM »
Read that the release date will be Fall 2011. Still a long wait for us hehe

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1784 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM »
'Toy Story 3' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray

Disney/Buena Vista is planning to release 'Toy Story 3' starring the voices of Tom Hanks and Tim Allen on Blu-ray on November 2.

The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 soundtrack, and loads of supplements including: Day & Night theatrical short; Epilogue - The toys' hilarious send-off; "Toys!" - A close look at how the classic characters were updated and new toys were developed; Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs - The science of adventure; Paths to Pixar - Editorial: Pixar editors share stories of their illustrious careers; Studio Stories - Cereal Bar and Clean Start; and A Toy's Eye View - A sneak peek at Playland in Hong Kong Disney.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/DisneyBuena_Vista/Disc_Announcements/Toy_Story_3_Announced_and_Detailed_for_Blu-ray_/5260
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010 at 01:21 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #1785 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 11:41 AM »
Another great BD coming our way! :)