Author Topic: Pioneer DV-600AV-S (1080p upscaling dvd player)  (Read 89845 times)

Offline rembrandt_ht

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pioneer DV-400/DV-600 USB slot for movies viewing
« Reply #390 on: Mar 24, 2008 at 11:18 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone advise how much a DV600 costs?

thanks!

still around 6,700 bro. but  some of the guys here find a better price from other branches for 6,200. just check out some of the posts. good luck! :)
pi-30 LE
CXN v1
audio refinement class A

Offline tennisdude

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: Pioneer DV-600AV-S (1080p upscaling dvd player)
« Reply #391 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM »
guys, please help a very problematic man...

my branded hdmi cable hasn't arrived yet and i bought this evening the P250 CDR king hdmi cable.  i plugged it in my player and my Samsung 32R81B.  i didn't see any problem.  i let my kids watched a movie.  i came back after an hour only to find out that my tv is losing picture intermittently.  the picture turns "snowy" until it's completely gone.  i tried all 3 hdmi inputs of the tv and the response is the same.  i tried interchanging the hdmi ends between the tv and the player.  no success. i have no other hdmi capable player or hdmi cable to try and isolate the problem.

has anybody experienced this?  i hope it's the hdmi cable and not the tv or dvd player.  pls help.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #392 on: Mar 31, 2008 at 08:16 PM »
Which do you turn on first, the TV or the DVD player? Same thing happens to me if I turn on the player first. Reversing the order resolves it for me.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2008 at 08:17 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline benirome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Apr 03, 2008 at 03:01 AM »
how do you split files? I have downloaded series of planet earth and most of them are 2GB. What software do you use?
thanks

Offline tennisdude

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Apr 03, 2008 at 04:21 PM »
i'm not sure exactly how i got it fixed.  i tried it the following morning and the problem's gone.  i was able to use the cd-r king cable for few more days without glitch!  weird...

now, i'm using the free hdmi cable from e-reply and i never experienced the same problem again.  maybe just dust getting into the hdmi port of the tv,  i don't know.  order of which i turn on first is something i haven't noticed if there's an effect but more likely the tv gets turned on first before the player.  i'll try it later to see if the order is a factor.  thanks for the input.

Offline Macross

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Apr 25, 2008 at 01:47 PM »

i also own this baby.

btw meron ba makukuhaan ng firmware updates nito?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2008 at 12:15 AM »
after a few months of thinking, finally got this as my upscaler, para hindi malaspag ang ps3 and tosh hd-a3. i got it for only 6k flat with free hdmi cable pa!

pm me if you want to know from which av store i bought it from.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2008 at 02:46 PM »
I've recently purchased a 32LX77 and been considering to buy this player. I'm thinking of replacing our non-progressive scanning DVD player, a Pio DV-533K, which I think has been with us for almost 6 years now. Right now (correct me if I'm wrong), the TV upscales the output of the 533K since it fills the whole screen of the TV. Will a better PQ result if I get a DV600 or will it be just the same with it? Coz I've read in some of the topics here that HD-esque PQ is not noticeable in a 32-inch display. I also want to use the HDMI ports of the 32LX77 because our player is connected via component only. I would really appreciate your replies. :)

By the way, what does "PJ" stand for? Madalas ko kasi nababasa yun sa mga replies nyo e. ;D

@iinaslao - Pa-PM which AV store you bought your DV600. Thanks! :)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2008 at 03:21 PM »
Hey,...

try not to expect a big difference or development sa picture quality if you buy an upscaling DVD,
I am using the lower model pioneer DV400, and the only difference I see via the HDMI connection is that the color is much richer, the sides of images are smoother and softer, and the relics and artifacts in the background are a bit clearer. I'd say 20 to 30% improvement, using a 42" plasma, I guess, if you are using a 37" baka mas lalong hindi din kapansin pansin...

I guess, if we really want a huge step forward in terms of audio and video quality my friend, BLU-RAY is the only way to go...

Regards,
ABC

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2008 at 05:44 PM »
I've recently purchased a 32LX77 and been considering to buy this player. I'm thinking of replacing our non-progressive scanning DVD player, a Pio DV-533K, which I think has been with us for almost 6 years now. Right now (correct me if I'm wrong), the TV upscales the output of the 533K since it fills the whole screen of the TV. Will a better PQ result if I get a DV600 or will it be just the same with it? Coz I've read in some of the topics here that HD-esque PQ is not noticeable in a 32-inch display. I also want to use the HDMI ports of the 32LX77 because our player is connected via component only. I would really appreciate your replies. :)

By the way, what does "PJ" stand for? Madalas ko kasi nababasa yun sa mga replies nyo e. ;D

@iinaslao - Pa-PM which AV store you bought your DV600. Thanks! :)

pj - projector

pero it may not be noticeable nga ang difference sa 32". unless you sit mga 4 ft from the screen.

pmed you sir!

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #400 on: May 06, 2008 at 03:07 PM »
mga gurus,

pardon my ignorant question. kung naka set ang pioneer dv600 nyo to DTS dapat ba rin naka DTS neo6 ang a/v receiver? minsan kasi naka set sa dts ang dv600 tapos yung av receiver ko naka dolby at nagustuhan ko naman ang tunog. dapat bang parehas ang setting ng dvdp at av receiver to maximize audio quality?

thanks

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2008 at 03:19 PM »
mga gurus,

pardon my ignorant question. kung naka set ang pioneer dv600 nyo to DTS dapat ba rin naka DTS neo6 ang a/v receiver? minsan kasi naka set sa dts ang dv600 tapos yung av receiver ko naka dolby at nagustuhan ko naman ang tunog. dapat bang parehas ang setting ng dvdp at av receiver to maximize audio quality?

thanks

Your A/V Receiver should automatically set to DTS if you set your dvd player to dts, in order to do this, you should set your avr to "AUTO" to detect the format being played by your dvd player... If not, you can manually set your avr to dts. Hope this helps :)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • quality over quantity...
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2008 at 03:58 PM »
mga gurus,

thanks

ano ba gamit mong connection dapat automatic na yun madedetect

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2008 at 06:15 PM »
@ABC & iisnilao - Thanks for your replies. I've already seen HD rips in my TV streamed via XBOX 360. I can't help but be wowed by the stunning PQ! :o With today's prices of stand alone Blu-ray players, my pocket's not too deep for them. There's the PS3. Although its BR is region-free, it has DVD regional coding. I have a mixed collection of R1 and R3 DVDs. Sayang naman if I can't play them. I still have doubts if the PS3 can be used as a stand-alone player. Anyway, I just have to think twice buying the DV600. :)

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: May 07, 2008 at 02:01 AM »
Your A/V Receiver should automatically set to DTS if you set your dvd player to dts, in order to do this, you should set your avr to "AUTO" to detect the format being played by your dvd player... If not, you can manually set your avr to dts. Hope this helps :)

reynold.

i am manually setting my av receiver everytime to match the dv600 audio settings. have not checked though if my av receiver was set to AUTO detect. now, i need to sit down and tinker with my av receiver ;D

otepsy,

i am using a digital coax connection to the av receiver.

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • quality over quantity...
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: May 07, 2008 at 12:59 PM »
reynold.

i am manually setting my av receiver everytime to match the dv600 audio settings. have not checked though if my av receiver was set to AUTO detect. now, i need to sit down and tinker with my av receiver ;D

otepsy,

i am using a digital coax connection to the av receiver.

same tayo ng connection pero sakin automatic na nya nadedetect pag nag dts ako sa player automatic nagd-dts yung avr pag nag dolby ako ganun din... siguro sa settings lang yan ng avr or check mo na rin yung dv600 setting sa audio yung dts>dts dolby>dolby check mo lang.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: May 07, 2008 at 03:14 PM »
same tayo ng connection pero sakin automatic na nya nadedetect pag nag dts ako sa player automatic nagd-dts yung avr pag nag dolby ako ganun din... siguro sa settings lang yan ng avr or check mo na rin yung dv600 setting sa audio yung dts>dts dolby>dolby check mo lang.

ok sir otepsy. thanks ;)

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: May 07, 2008 at 11:04 PM »
Just want to share my opinion as dv600 user too...

I don't think we have to set the player to DTS or Dolby (when connected to AVR via digital coax) because this player is capable of decoding both sound formats. It automatically switch to DTS or Dolby or Stereo depending on the DVD or CD you are playing. Therefore, we switch Dolby or DTS on the DVD's menu (if both sound format are available from the DVD), not on the player.

On the AVR side (when connected to the player via digital coax), the digital input terminal is usually set to Auto (like Denon receiver's default digital input terminal set-up).

Hope this help...

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: May 12, 2008 at 07:59 PM »
after a few months of thinking, finally got this as my upscaler, para hindi malaspag ang ps3 and tosh hd-a3. i got it for only 6k flat with free hdmi cable pa!

pm me if you want to know from which av store i bought it from.  ;D ;D ;D

bro saan mo nabili yang toshiba hd-a3?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2008 at 12:33 PM »

bro saan mo nabili yang toshiba hd-a3?

ot lang, got it from another pdvd member, 3 months old siya when i got it. very good price! he in turn got it from amazon usa.

Offline defjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2008 at 05:15 PM »
any price update nito?saan po pinaka mura bumili ng dv-600 ngaun?

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM »
any price update nito?saan po pinaka mura bumili ng dv-600 ngaun?
i'd rather buy a ps3 coz the ps3 can also upscale dvd to 1080p.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: May 23, 2008 at 04:58 AM »
i'd rather buy a ps3 coz the ps3 can also upscale dvd to 1080p.

dvd playback is limited to what region your ps3 is. it's not region free compared to the dv600. also, dv600 costs only 1/3 of the ps3. they're not on the same league and each has its own strengths.

bought mine at theaterworks for 6.3k yata.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: May 23, 2008 at 10:59 AM »
dvd playback is limited to what region your ps3 is. it's not region free compared to the dv600. also, dv600 costs only 1/3 of the ps3. they're not on the same league and each has its own strengths.

bought mine at theaterworks for 6.3k yata.

i agree. and most of the ntsc ps3 people buy in the philippines is from japan, so this plays r2 dvds only. singapore and hk models play only r3.

got mine 6k flat with free hdmi cable.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: May 23, 2008 at 11:40 AM »
opps, got mine pala at 6k flat. i was confused with the wharfe 9dfs that was sold at 4.3k (actualy 4,275 pesos lang).

no free hdmi pero may free naman dun sa panny 50pv70

Offline acidcool

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2008 at 03:40 PM »
OT: san puede mag dl ng hd movies :D ty

Offline Miguel^

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: May 30, 2008 at 03:13 PM »
sa interweb dami.

Offline rednaxela

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 06:25 PM »
hi. got this model today at abensons but i cant play my R1 dvds. think the unit i got is locked to R3. is there anyway to make it multi region?
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008 at 09:32 PM by rednaxela »

Offline rednaxela

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 09:31 PM »
Was able to unlock it by doing a little research.   ;D

Here's a link if any of you need it: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586754

Used my Palm pilot to load the hack codes via program called omni remote.  Can now read my R1 dvd's.  Yipee!

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 09:32 AM »
newbie question po.

which audio settings from dv-600 you guys are using to feed your a/v receiver, dolby/dts or dolby/dts-PCM? does this means that using dolby/dts will use the dv-600 decoder and using PCM will use the a/v receiver's decoder? i had set it up to dolby/dts now because it can automatically detects dolby PLx and DTS Neo on my receiver while when setting to PCM, the receiver does not change it's settings according to dolby/dts feed.