Author Topic: My dream theater  (Read 402812 times)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My dream theater (new screen 18 Nov)
« Reply #150 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 10:38 PM »
Thank you sir for the quick response. Gamit ko is ax-100 on a 133" screen. Wanted to upgrade my projector to 1080p kaso wala pang projector na 2000+ lumens na kasya sa budget. Would love to get sana yung vpl-60 kaso lumens parin ang problema specially pag nagtagal na ang bulb. The cheapest solution I think is liitan yung screen or taasan ang gain. I choose the latter :) Nagpadala ako ng sample fabric sa dalite pero di pa dumarating.
Ang dumating is a sample from sheerweave AT screen na 1.16 ang gain but not much ang difference sa screen ko ngayon. Playing on an idea kasi na ilagay ko speakers at the back of the screen and get a 2.40 screen para sinehan  ang dating. Prob e kita ko yung perforations sa sitting position ko.  :)

jay

Parang complicated yata problema mo. Una kasi ay ang laki ng screen mo!  ;D

The Da-Lite High Power screen has very good reviews. I am sure na ok sya sa Sony VPL-VW60 with 119" screen but I am not sure sa 133" though it will *probably* be ok.

UPDATE: I have done some calculations and I believe that a Sony VPL-VW60 with a 133" screen with 2.8 gain will be fine. Even after the light output degrades and after calibration, such that the light output goes down to 25% of its rating, you will still get around 11 foot-lamberts, which should be fine. There is also an adjustment in the service menu of the projector which will result in an apparent increase in brightness.

However, based on experience, the projector should not be mounted too high. When this is done, a lot of the brightness is lost.

As an additional note, if you have such a huge screen, you definitely should have a 1080p projector! The additional resolution (or lack of it) is most noticeable as the screen size increases.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2007 at 01:56 PM by streetsmart »
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 05:44 PM »
sir 119 inch Fixed frame yung screen mo right?   if you dont mind sir mark, can you PM me how much you got it?

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 05:47 PM »
Thank you sir for the quick response. Gamit ko is ax-100 on a 133" screen. Wanted to upgrade my projector to 1080p kaso wala pang projector na 2000+ lumens na kasya sa budget. Would love to get sana yung vpl-60 kaso lumens parin ang problema specially pag nagtagal na ang bulb. The cheapest solution I think is liitan yung screen or taasan ang gain. I choose the latter :) Nagpadala ako ng sample fabric sa dalite pero di pa dumarating.
Ang dumating is a sample from sheerweave AT screen na 1.16 ang gain but not much ang difference sa screen ko ngayon. Playing on an idea kasi na ilagay ko speakers at the back of the screen and get a 2.40 screen para sinehan  ang dating. Prob e kita ko yung perforations sa sitting position ko.  :)

jay
yan ang uso sa states ngayon, cinemawide screens....2:35 or 2:40.   pwede sya i zoom or use lens, para wala ng annoying black bars sa 2:40 movies.  kaya lang lalaki yung gastos dahil you will need masking system pa when you use regular 16:9 video material.  But if that happens you'll be the first to have cinemascope screen here in pdvd........   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 at 05:49 PM by Munskie »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 07:14 PM »
sir 119 inch Fixed frame yung screen mo right?   if you dont mind sir mark, can you PM me how much you got it?

The screen is actually manual. It rolls up. Will PM you.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 11:23 AM »
yan ang uso sa states ngayon, cinemawide screens....2:35 or 2:40.   pwede sya i zoom or use lens, para wala ng annoying black bars sa 2:40 movies.  kaya lang lalaki yung gastos dahil you will need masking system pa when you use regular 16:9 video material.  But if that happens you'll be the first to have cinemascope screen here in pdvd........   ;D ;D

For a 2.35 screen, my understanding is that you typically use a "Panamorph" lens which costs $2000, in combination with the proper video processor and projector. This combination results in the same "anamorphic" type of output as with 1.78 movies. It will expand the 2.35 material to fill up a 1.78 screen and then the lens will "squash" the image down to the 2.35 screen. It effectively increases the number of lines for 2.35 material.

The downside is that the normal 1.78 material will be smaller, unless you buy a motor for the lens which will cost another $1000, in which case you can readily shift between the Panamorph lens and the standard lens.

Mahal talaga.  :)

Offline jay2

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #155 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 11:57 AM »
Yung Aussiemorphic lens mas mura qoute sakin is around P25,000. Hindi nga lang kasing ganda ng reviews na prismasonic and panamorph. Marami naghihintay ng powerbuy ng panamorph hopefully baka this year. Another option may binebenta ang panamorph na "class B" which is cheaper and they have assured me na walang problem sa video quality.
All this is still an idea medyo mahal parin at marami pang gustong bilhin. Sana tumama ako sa lotto  ;D

Jay

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 12:06 PM »
Yung Aussiemorphic lens mas mura qoute sakin is around P25,000. Hindi nga lang kasing ganda ng reviews na prismasonic and panamorph. Marami naghihintay ng powerbuy ng panamorph hopefully baka this year. Another option may binebenta ang panamorph na "class B" which is cheaper and they have assured me na walang problem sa video quality.
All this is still an idea medyo mahal parin at marami pang gustong bilhin. Sana tumama ako sa lotto  ;D

Jay

Mahal talaga although I am pretty sure that there will be a clear improvement in pq. Kasi naging anamorphic ang 2.35 material.

Question na lang is if it is worth it. At a certain point, all these incremental improvements cost more and more. May tinitingnan nga ako na video noise reducer, Algolith Flea, which costs $1000. Mahal ...  ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Dec 23, 2007 at 11:58 PM »
Big upgrade. This is going to be a pretty long post.

It all started with an intense curiosity over the Algolith HDMI Flea, which is a video noise reduction device. A lot of people at AVS Forum have been raving about it and a lot of the Flea owners also had the DVDO VPO50Pro, which I own. I firmly decided to get one. But before the final decision, I asked a good friend and he almost hit me on the head and told me that I could get the top-of-the-line HD and BD players for less than that amount, and this would provide more bang for the buck!

I had tested both BD and HD in my HT and I was not tremendously impressed. It was very hard to distinguish between the video-processed SD vs the BD/HD. However, my friend did have a very good point. Furthermore, as I researched, I noted that the 3rd generation of HD/BD players had arrived and these seemed to be much more mature. Having previously sworn to indefinitely defer my purchase of HD/BD players, I had to justify this purchase so aside from its being cheaper than the Flea, I swore that I would not buy HD copies of SD DVD's that I owned, except for a very few titles (such as "The Fifth Element"), which I would use as comparisons. Also because of the big price difference, I resolved not to buy HD/BD discs unless there were favorable reviews of a particular disc. The point is that there have been many hi-def discs which have turned out to have video and/or audio quality the same as SD.

After doing more research, I decided to buy the Panasonic DMP-BD30 Bluray player and the Toshiba HD-A35 because of the good reviews they had received and because I felt they were the most appropriate for my system. In particular, the BD30 and A35 are among the very few players that can pass hi-def audio through hdmi 1.3a to an AVR.

Panasonic DMP-BD30 Bluray Player

Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD Player, mounted below my SD-DVD Pioneer 676

After buying the hi-def players, I had a second dilemma. I was intensely curious about Dolby TruHD and DTS-MA, both of which can send the original audio masters. However, I had to get an AVR (or prepro) that could decode these internally. The logic was as follows:

1. I had a Denon AVR-2807, which used the Audyssey room correction technology to adjust the 9-band equalizer of the Denon, as well as set the distances and speaker levels. I found the Audyssey to provide a huge difference in audio quality.

2. Whenever the input audio signal passed through the 5.1 analog inputs of the Denon, they by-passed the Audyssey. These signals could be SACD or DVD-A but it was clear that they had not been processed by Audyssey and so the sound quality was badly compromised.

3. To get Dolby TruHD and DTS-MA, you could use either the analog inputs or buy a receiver that could pass HDMI 1.3 and handle the decoding of Dolby TruHD and DTS-MA. In the Denon world, these were the latest AVR's, with the cheapest being the 2808.

It was clear to me that if you wanted to fully enjoy Dolby TruHD or DTS-MA, you had to get the latest-generation AVR's. I immediately decided on the 2808 because the biggest difference with the more expensive Denons seemed to be the power amps, which I basically don't need because I have separate power amps. Furthermore, I firmly determined that this was my Christmas gift to myself.  ;D ;D ;D

Denon AVR-2808CI

So what are my impressions? Essentially, I think I can say that there is definitely an improvement in pq and aq but compared to my previous system, which includes an advanced video processor, the improvement is subtle. You can sense the improvement and you can find it, but its not "night and day."

For the audio, there are subtle differences in detail, smoothness of surround and lower bass extension. Things like the fingers sliding through the frets of a guitar, or the panning of sound from front to back and up to down (which are more difficult than left to right). It's more realistic and you feel more like being "in the movie." But it is subtle. As someone at Pinoydvd pointed out, in a movie, I guess that a crash is a crash and a gunshot is a gunshot - hard to improve on that. Concerts should be better material to detect the difference and I have been trying to get concerts with high-def audio but there are so few. I only have two - "Dave Matthews Band" and "Jazz Legends." Both are good but if you try to switch between Dolby TruHD and plain Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS, it is very hard to detect the difference. You can sense it but hard to pinpoint.

In addition, it appears the the new Denon AVR-2808 has made some minor improvements in audio over the old model, particularly in a new version of Audyssey which now uses 8 sampling points as opposed to 6 previously - there seems to be an improvement in the mid-bass.

For the video, there are subtle differences in greater detail, less grain, higher contrast. Again, in my system, it doesn't stare you in the face but its definitely there. Similar to hi-def audio, you can sense that there is an improvement but it's very hard to pinpoint exactly where. You have to pause the film and then compare it with its SD version and after 15 minutes of back-and-forth, mapapansin mo nga ang differences. Mas defined ang pilik-mata. Mas defined ang eye-bags. Mas maraming freckles. Parang "spot the changes." What makes it more difficult is that you are dealing with HDMI connections and they need to establish "hand-shakes." Paminsan, parang nalilito sila and you have to restart your system so that they can do the proper "hand-shake."

Here are a few shots of the Fifth Element (Bluray version):

The Fifth Element

Bottom-line is that I'm pretty happy with my upgrade. E kasi, pasko! Merry X'mas!
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2007 at 08:40 AM by streetsmart »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 01:16 AM »
great update, Mark!!   Kung kami, paunti unti yung upgrade sa HD.......ikaw, parang si Bob Beamon.....long jump kaagad into HD.   

With your evaluation, it really puts into proper perspective the value of a very good video processor.   Its an alternative to those who still are weighing the cost of format war, and who still have sizable SD collection.  Before the advent of HD, I was also looking into the possibility of getting one, but kahit ano gawin ko, mukhang di kaya ng budget ko.   Thats why when the HD format came, I adopted it na and immediately stopped collecting SDs.  For mere mortals like me, its the easier route in getting excellent PQ.   

Merry Christmas sir.... ;D ;D

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 06:55 AM »
Woooww! A black 2808.  :o :o :o Very nice sir and congrats. You have indeed a Very Merry Christmas.  ;)

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #160 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 08:10 AM »

WOW!!!
Massive Upgrade nga...
Congrats sir!!!!
 ;D
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re: My dream theater (X'mas 07 update)
« Reply #161 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 09:23 AM »
Congrats and its indeed a merry xmas for you ;) Nice review also,very straight and honest. Been tempted many times to jump into the new formats but cant justify the cost esp if the difference would not be that satifying for me,although Im sure sometime in the future I really have to spend for it ;D ;D ;D Dont really want to start collecting hd/bd titles that i already have in sd thats why im very much interested with the video processor na lang.Yes its more costly than buying both hd/bd players but i can still enjoy my more than 700 titles, but what if next year hd/bd titles started to get cheap? Haay itong hobby natin nakakabaliw ;D Bottomline is i still enjoy watching in my system, BASTA WAG LANG AKO PUPUNTA SA SITE NYO NILA MUNSKIE AT MR BNW etc;D ;D ;D kasi talagang convincing at nakakainggit :o :o :o ;)

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #162 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 10:03 AM »
So youre not using the dvdo processor anymore? baka pwede na yun sa P20k, akin na hahaha ;D

nice upgrade, sudden jump to a/v hd ;), but based on the pictures, i dont see any difference between your sd and hd....laki ng nagagawa ng dvdo processor :)

84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 11:42 AM »
great update, Mark!!   Kung kami, paunti unti yung upgrade sa HD.......ikaw, parang si Bob Beamon.....long jump kaagad into HD.   

Hehe. Gusto ko all the way. Ayoko bitin.  ;D

Pero nakahanap din ako paraan to lower net cost. Benta ng luma equipment at hanap ng bargain sa Amazon.  ;D

With your evaluation, it really puts into proper perspective the value of a very good video processor.   Its an alternative to those who still are weighing the cost of format war, and who still have sizable SD collection.  Before the advent of HD, I was also looking into the possibility of getting one, but kahit ano gawin ko, mukhang di kaya ng budget ko.   Thats why when the HD format came, I adopted it na and immediately stopped collecting SDs.  For mere mortals like me, its the easier route in getting excellent PQ.  

Ok na ang ginawa mo. Tama rin yun. But I am sure that lagi mo pa rin iisipin ang video processor!

Merry X'mas din! I'm sure that very happy ka sa bago mong set-up.  :)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 11:44 AM »
WOW!!!
Massive Upgrade nga...
Congrats sir!!!!
 ;D

Hi Doc! Pasko kasi. Wawa naman tayo sa lahat ng trabaho natin this year kaya pamasko naman sa sarili. SARS is in the air...  ;D ;D

Sana punta ka uli Manila. Daan ka HT ko. Masaya yun. Sawa tayo sa concerts.  ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 11:53 AM »
Congrats and its indeed a merry xmas for you ;) Nice review also,very straight and honest. Been tempted many times to jump into the new formats but cant justify the cost esp if the difference would not be that satifying for me,although Im sure sometime in the future I really have to spend for it ;D ;D ;D Dont really want to start collecting hd/bd titles that i already have in sd thats why im very much interested with the video processor na lang.Yes its more costly than buying both hd/bd players but i can still enjoy my more than 700 titles, but what if next year hd/bd titles started to get cheap? Haay itong hobby natin nakakabaliw ;D Bottomline is i still enjoy watching in my system, BASTA WAG LANG AKO PUPUNTA SA SITE NYO NILA MUNSKIE AT MR BNW etc;D ;D ;D kasi talagang convincing at nakakainggit :o :o :o ;)

Between plain SD and video-processed SD, there is a huge difference. Between video-processed SD and hi-def, the difference is subtle. I will try to post screenshots of the 3 types.

And then, there is the problem of bala. Tama ka talaga kasi P199 na lang ang SD + what about the huge SD collection.

Yet, tama ka rin that if hi-def titles go down in price, that's the cheapest way to get immediate outstanding pq.

Kung libre ka any time before New Year, daan ka sa amin. Then you can see and hear with your own eyes and ears the differences between plain SD, video-processed SD, hi-def video, plain DD and hi-def audio. It's an eye-opener. Very interesting.  :)

Or kung gusto mo, plano namin ni Munskie to visit Alvin and his super-duper system! Sama ka.  ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 11:57 AM »
So youre not using the dvdo processor anymore? baka pwede na yun sa P20k, akin na hahaha ;D

nice upgrade, sudden jump to a/v hd ;), but based on the pictures, i dont see any difference between your sd and hd....laki ng nagagawa ng dvdo processor :)

Hehe. P20k para sa DVDO VP50Pro? Ano akala mo sa akin? Santa Claus?  ;D

The dvdo is still very very much needed! Palagay ko, 90% pa rin ng bibilhin ko na bala will be SD. Just a few special titles na kukunin ko sa hi-def.

You are right. Even sa screenshots, makikita mo na that there is hardly any difference. I will try to post comparison screenshots.

Merry X'mas!

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: My dream theater (X'mas 07 upgrade)
« Reply #167 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 12:29 PM »
ampogi!

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 03:22 PM »
Between plain SD and video-processed SD, there is a huge difference. Between video-processed SD and hi-def, the difference is subtle. I will try to post screenshots of the 3 types.

And then, there is the problem of bala. Tama ka talaga kasi P199 na lang ang SD + what about the huge SD collection.

Yet, tama ka rin that if hi-def titles go down in price, that's the cheapest way to get immediate outstanding pq.

Kung libre ka any time before New Year, daan ka sa amin. Then you can see and hear with your own eyes and ears the differences between plain SD, video-processed SD, hi-def video, plain DD and hi-def audio. It's an eye-opener. Very interesting.  :)

Or kung gusto mo, plano namin ni Munskie to visit Alvin and his super-duper system! Sama ka.  ;D

Id rather not, as it is kulang na ako sa tulog kakaimagine at plano,paano pa kaya kung actual realization na :o ;D ;D ;D ;D           Tukso layuan nyo ako ;D ;D ;D It will start with hd/bd player then projector then screen-hdmi cable then pre-pro or avr then yung pinakamalupit sa lahat yung mga GOOD TITLES :o thinking about it ninenerbyos na ako :-[ Sige pag nakalibre sa time tignan ko kung gaano kalakas self control ko :D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 03:33 PM »
Id rather not, as it is kulang na ako sa tulog kakaimagine at plano,paano pa kaya kung actual realization na :o ;D ;D ;D ;D           Tukso layuan nyo ako ;D ;D ;D It will start with hd/bd player then projector then screen-hdmi cable then pre-pro or avr then yung pinakamalupit sa lahat yung mga GOOD TITLES :o thinking about it ninenerbyos na ako :-[ Sige pag nakalibre sa time tignan ko kung gaano kalakas self control ko :D
hehehe......I feel you ricky (hehehe parang brokeback ah)......im actually experiencing that right now....wala nako ginawa kundi mag imagine at magplano sa HT project na ina asam ko.   Tingin ako ng tingin sa mga HT galleries para makakuha ng design and ideas.   Ginawa ko ngayon, is just to look at one HT design that I liked at wala ng iba.  Para dina malito.

Buti pa si kuya Mark, dream theater nya andyan na.  Pa-upgrade upgrade na lang ng devices and components.  Pang Family and pang barkada pa talaga ang space.   :)

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 05:04 PM »
hehehe......I feel you ricky (hehehe parang brokeback ah)......im actually experiencing that right now....wala nako ginawa kundi mag imagine at magplano sa HT project na ina asam ko.   Tingin ako ng tingin sa mga HT galleries para makakuha ng design and ideas.   Ginawa ko ngayon, is just to look at one HT design that I liked at wala ng iba.  Para dina malito.

Buti pa si kuya Mark, dream theater nya andyan na.  Pa-upgrade upgrade na lang ng devices and components.  Pang Family and pang barkada pa talaga ang space.   :)

Si matz din pina feng shui kasi lagi din tulala ;D ;D ;D Kung alam lang nila na puros pagkakagastusan nasa isip natin. ;) Gayahin ko na lang style ni bro lakambini para makaiwas sa gastos :) :D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 05:49 PM »

Hehe.  ;D

Actually, I think it is really interesting to be able to compare various pq, depending on set-up (plain vanilla, deinterlacing and upscaling player, video processor, hi-def player). Same with aq. Then, you can plan out what you want for yourself, even over the long term.

PM mo lang ako when you want to come over. Or sama ka kila Alvin. Mas grabe pa yun!  :)

Merry X'mas!
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2007 at 06:00 PM by streetsmart »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 05:55 PM »
hehehe......I feel you ricky (hehehe parang brokeback ah)......im actually experiencing that right now....wala nako ginawa kundi mag imagine at magplano sa HT project na ina asam ko.   Tingin ako ng tingin sa mga HT galleries para makakuha ng design and ideas.   Ginawa ko ngayon, is just to look at one HT design that I liked at wala ng iba.  Para dina malito.

Buti pa si kuya Mark, dream theater nya andyan na.  Pa-upgrade upgrade na lang ng devices and components.  Pang Family and pang barkada pa talaga ang space.   :)

Marvin, I don't know if you've read this. Tells us why the color scheme of your HT is so important. Napapaisip tuloy ako. Kasi medyo luma na ang cloth walls ng HT ko and alam ko na kung saan bilhin na murang mura ang cloth. And then this thread says that mali talaga ang color ng walls ko (burgundy). Palitan ko sya with something more neutral.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=849430

By the way, while I was planning and building my HT, over the course of a year, madalas ako manag-inip tungkol sa HT ko. Madalas ako magising ng 4 a.m. at hirap matulog kasi may iniisip ako para sa HT. Ganun talaga yun! Kasi naman din, among other things, kapag na-plano mo maigi ang HT, you will enjoy it for many years with your family and friends, and it will be the best upgrade (or constraint, when it is badly planned) for your audio system.

By the way, Merry X'mas!  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2007 at 06:19 PM by streetsmart »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 09:13 PM »
Will do,Happy holidays din bro ;)

Offline niceNslow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 10:41 PM »
adik ka sir! adik ka sa ht :)

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 11:08 PM »
sir,

I was a pleasure meeting a fellow hobbyist in the passion of AV! Im looking forward into seeing your gears in action soon!!! Thats one nice crib!!! Garden pa lang busog na ako and thats from the outside view!!!Happy Holidays sir Mark! ;D
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Dec 25, 2007 at 01:22 AM »
Marvin, I don't know if you've read this. Tells us why the color scheme of your HT is so important. Napapaisip tuloy ako. Kasi medyo luma na ang cloth walls ng HT ko and alam ko na kung saan bilhin na murang mura ang cloth. And then this thread says that mali talaga ang color ng walls ko (burgundy). Palitan ko sya with something more neutral.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=849430

By the way, while I was planning and building my HT, over the course of a year, madalas ako manag-inip tungkol sa HT ko. Madalas ako magising ng 4 a.m. at hirap matulog kasi may iniisip ako para sa HT. Ganun talaga yun! Kasi naman din, among other things, kapag na-plano mo maigi ang HT, you will enjoy it for many years with your family and friends, and it will be the best upgrade (or constraint, when it is badly planned) for your audio system.

By the way, Merry X'mas!  :)

Its a great read Mark.   Actually with my current HT, I followed what I read when I was planning for the color of my walls, which is neutral gray.  I just cant find the link now.   Its just not pleasing in the eyes though with the lights on.  Or maybe my design skills are so far off.  Now with the forwarded link, it reinforces the idea that neutral colors should be the norm.  Basta matte.   I have actually chosen burgundy too in my planning, but only with trim or accent color.  Mali rin pala.   I like this part of the article

"Motion imaging industry standards organizations, such as SMPTE, set the rules. Compromises must be weighed against design priorities. If image fidelity is the top priority, room decor must follow imaging science, rather than aesthetic preference. Providing a flat black ceiling in a front projection theater is a good example. Black ceilings are usually not a hot item to interior decorators."

Thats why Alvin's HT is black all over.... :)

Mark, can you pm me where to find the cloth that you mentioned.  Its the one thing na wala pa sa supplier list ko.  It would be a great help in my planning.   Thanks in advance na ah.

Yes, the dreaming part when planning for the HT is so real, hehehe.....ikaw andyan na, kami dreaming pa rin.    :) :)  Merry Xmas sir!!
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2007 at 02:03 AM by Munskie »

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Dec 25, 2007 at 09:11 PM »
Great upgrades streetsmart!!  Panalo sir!  ;)

Dream home theater na talaga yung setup mo!

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #178 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 03:46 AM »
Wow! kakabigla a?

di lang HD-dvd & BD player . . . pati denon 2808 kasama na din :o :o  8).

When I visited your HT sabi ko 'a, sa setup ni sir mark hirap na ito i-convince to go HD'. I remember nagtalo pa tayo kung sino ang bad influence sa ating dalawa . . . di naman cguro ako yun at wala pa din ako 1080p pj . . . wala pa pambili :D Anyway, Im glad you already took the plunge kahit konti lang diff. sa DVDO pq at least, match na lahat ang nasa system mo . . . full HD na at last! lalong masarap magbabad dyan sa HT mo ngayon . . .

needless to say . . . talagang merry at happy ang x'mas/new year mo sir, congrats!
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2007 at 03:49 AM by dts_es »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 07:39 AM »
Wow! kakabigla a?

di lang HD-dvd & BD player . . . pati denon 2808 kasama na din :o :o  8).

When I visited your HT sabi ko 'a, sa setup ni sir mark hirap na ito i-convince to go HD'. I remember nagtalo pa tayo kung sino ang bad influence sa ating dalawa . . . di naman cguro ako yun at wala pa din ako 1080p pj . . . wala pa pambili :D Anyway, Im glad you already took the plunge kahit konti lang diff. sa DVDO pq at least, match na lahat ang nasa system mo . . . full HD na at last! lalong masarap magbabad dyan sa HT mo ngayon . . .

needless to say . . . talagang merry at happy ang x'mas/new year mo sir, congrats!

Hi Luther! Ang tagal mo nawala. Pupusta ako na nasa abroad ka kasi mahirap mag-post ng 3 a.m.  ;D ;D

I remember clearly ang discussion natin about HD. Don't worry. Bad influence ka talaga pero isa ka lang sa maraming bad influence dito sa Pinoydvd!  ;D

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!  :)