Author Topic: New XBoX HDDVD promo  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New XBoX HDDVD promo
« on: Oct 21, 2007 at 11:10 PM »
Best buy and JR.com has a new xbox hddvd add-on promo. On top of the free KingKong + 5hddvd rebate, you'll also get a free Heroes Season 1 HDDVD(worth 60$@amazon)

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/19/sunday-get-heroes-hd-dvd-free-with-player-purchase/

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4138676

;D

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: New XBoX HDDVD promo
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 01:07 AM »
Best buy and JR.com has a new xbox hddvd add-on promo. On top of the free KingKong + 5hddvd rebate, you'll also get a free Heroes Season 1 HDDVD(worth 60$@amazon)

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/19/sunday-get-heroes-hd-dvd-free-with-player-purchase/

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4138676

;D

waaaaaaa!!!! must find a way to order and also get the 5 free hd dvd....
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 02:16 AM »
Quickly asked my brother to get this at best buy good thing his apartment is just near best buy. Kaya lang december ko pa makukuha. Also read on some forums that the mail-in free hddvd will likely take months so more likely next year pa darating.

Also planning to purchase Transformers and The Best of HD DVD Vol 2 (The Last Samurai / The Phantom of the Opera / Unforgiven / The Fugitive). Cant wait for my HD xmas  ::)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 08:22 AM »
Got a 2nd Add-On drive because of this promo together with Heroes + 2 other free box-sets.  Connected the 2nd Add-On drive to my PC which Vista readily recognized.  HD-DVD playback using PowerDVD Ultra Ver. 7 works like a charm.  Color saturation of high-def movies is sooooo gorgeous (and theatrical) on my 22-inch Dell CRT compared to my Sharp LCD HDTV.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 08:28 AM »
Nice offer indeed!  ;)

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 10:02 AM »
Got a 2nd Add-On drive because of this promo together with Heroes + 2 other free box-sets.  Connected the 2nd Add-On drive to my PC which Vista readily recognized.  HD-DVD playback using PowerDVD Ultra Ver. 7 works like a charm.  Color saturation of high-def movies is sooooo gorgeous (and theatrical) on my 22-inch Dell CRT compared to my Sharp LCD HDTV.

hi sir,

did i understand this correctly? you don't need an xbox to use the add on HD drive for PC use? how do you connect it to the pc? thanks

Offline aeris30

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 11:27 AM »
hi sir,

did i understand this correctly? you don't need an xbox to use the add on HD drive for PC use? how do you connect it to the pc? thanks

Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on drive can also be use for your HTPC with CyberlinkPowerdvd Ultra thru usb port. For system requirements go here

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 01:41 PM »
hi sir,

You're understanding is perfectly correct.  If you're running Vista, just plug the Add-On through one of the USB ports and Vista will automatically run an update to install the drivers and plug-ins.  If you're running XP, I think you have to get the Toshiba drivers on your own and some requisite plug-ins.  Once the HD DVD Add-On is recognized, install Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra and run the application.   Do the configurations inside PowerDVD as you wish.  That's all.

Of course, there are some "minimum" system requirements which my PC passed.

Wife got mad at me because I didn't want to video chat as I got glued re-watching some HD DVDs on my PC last night.   :)  I'm out of words to praise the color saturation on a PC CRT monitor.