Author Topic: CD-R King HDMI Cables - 200 pesos  (Read 53417 times)

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
Re: CD-R King HDMI Cables - 200 pesos
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 04:46 PM »

Nice bargain! That's what I call bang for the buck!  :D

i'll call it: Kaboom for the buck! :-)

Offline digipic

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 12:46 AM »

super duper more than 80% in savings hahaha

sana magbenta na din cdr king ng  lcd tv

Offline looks

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 07:45 AM »
yeah.. and sana magkaroon rin sila ng v1.3 para makatipid tipid man lang kahit sa hdmi cable

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 09:58 AM »
yeah.. and sana magkaroon rin sila ng v1.3 para makatipid tipid man lang kahit sa hdmi cable

I use the P200 cd-r king hdmi cable to transmit hdmi 1.3a signals. No problem at all.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:30 AM »
I use the P200 cd-r king hdmi cable to transmit hdmi 1.3a signals. No problem at all.

pwede b un? diba dapat ung hdmi cable v1.3 din para lossless daw ung streaming ng audio kapag DD truehd na?

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:35 AM »
pwede b un? diba dapat ung hdmi cable v1.3 din para lossless daw ung streaming ng audio kapag DD truehd na?
yes.   I used cdr-king hdmi cables when this hdmi 1.3 receiver got this audio bitstream from my HD player....

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:50 AM »

Eto. Using cd-r king P200 hdmi cables:

No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 11:08 AM »

nice.. :o nakakainggit. hehehe ;D

Offline captainbarbell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 10:19 AM »
Hi guys..

For those of you who are still having a hard time finding this stuff and near makati area, you can visit the newly opened cdr king at the newly renovated cash and carry (3rd floor).

Medyo wala pa halos nakakaalam that the store exists kaya masarap mamili ng goodies (wala kasing pila)

They have hdmi cables..2 meters for Php200 and 3 meters for Php300 ;D

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 11:22 AM »
tnx for the info bro  :)

Offline deathblitzer

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 04:13 PM »
Kung nabasa ko lang maaga-aga tong post na to nktipid ako 800pesos sa hdmi hehe

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 11:14 PM »
I got the P300 3m hdmi cable kanina. Thanks for the tip!  ;)

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 06:43 PM »
OT:

Maybe this will help people understand HDMI cables...

Since this question gets asked like 15 times a day, and I usually end up responding to them, I'll make a general post... Sure would be nice to be stickied, but since that won't happen, at least highlight it and keep the URL so you yourself will have an easy time "replying" to the onslaught of questions...

I originally wrote this as a reply to a post, but thought it made more sense standing on it's own... So here goes...

"Question:  Is there any difference between a cheap (i.e. $10 HDMI cable) and an expensive (i.e. $150 HDMI cable)???"

I have an EE degree.  I work as a broadcast engineer.  I live and breath digital and analog signals every day.  So yes, you could say I'm qualified to give the answer to this question...

That answer is, "No, an expensive HDMI cable will make NO difference in the quality of your picture OR sound"

I'll give you the more complex reason first, then an analogy... Hopefully one will make sense...   If you don't want all the real technical stuff, just skip down to B for a real simple explaination...

A) Wires send electrical signals... Plain and simple.  Anything sent over a wire is ultimately just a voltage/current applied to that cable.  Let's say we're talking about an analog video signal that's 1 volt peak to peak... In other words, measuring from the LOWEST voltage to the HIGHEST voltage will give a result of 1 volt... With an analog signal you have "slices" of time that are "lines" of signal... It's too complex to go into here, but basically you have a "front porch" which is known as the "setup"... This is what helps your tv "lock onto" and sets the "black level" for the signal.  After that you've got each line of the image (455 half cycles per line).  Again I won't go into how chromanance (color information) and luminance (picture or brightness information) is combined, seperated, etc.. It's too complex for this discussion, but irregardless, just know that following that porch you've got all the lines of the picture (and some that don't show up on the picture... these carry closed captioning, test signals, etc...).  All of these "lines" of information when you look at them on a scope look like this...

That waveform is all of that information in analog form... In other words, if you look at one VERY SMALL timeslice of that waveform, the EXACT position of the form (i.e. what voltage is present) represents what information is at that position...

Because of this, it's VERY EASY for other radiated signals to get "mixed in" with that information.  When this happens, the more "noise" you get mixed into the signal, the more degraded the picture will be... You'll start to get snow, lines, weird colors, etc... Because "information" is getting into the waveform that doesn't belong there...

With digital however, (i.e. the signal sent over an HDMI cable), the information is encoded differently... At it's lowest level, it's nothing but a string of bits... In other words, each signal is either ON or OFF...  It doesn't care if a particular timeslice is 4.323 volts or 4.927 volts... It's just ON...  See on the right side here, the "square wave" pattern?

That's what a digital signal looks like... For each "slice" of the signal, the "bit" is either on (if the signal is high) or off (if it's low)...

Because of that, even if you mix some noise, or even a LOT of noise into the signal, the bit will STILL be on or off... It doesn't matter...

Now, for a slightly easier to understand analogy...

B)  Think of it this way... Let's say you have a ladder with 200 steps on it...  An "analog" signal represent information by WHICH step the person is on at a certain time.  As you move further and further away (get "noise or interference in the signal), it's very easy to start making mistakes... For example, if the person is on the 101st step, you might say he's on 102nd, or as you get further away, you might start making more and more mistakes... At some point you won't know if the person is on the 13th step or the 50th step....

NOW... In a digital signal, we don't care if he's on the 13th or 14th or 15th step... All we care about is rather he's at the TOP or the BOTTOM...  So now, as we back you up further and further (introduce more noise), you might have no idea what STEP he's on, but you'll STILL be able to tell if he's a "1" or a "0"...

THIS is why digital signals aren't affected by cheaper cables, etc...  Now eventually if you keep moving further and further back, there may come a point where you can no longer tell if he's up or down... But the good news is, digital signals don't "guess"... If they SEE the signal, they work... If they DON'T, they DON'T.. LOL

So if anyone ever tells you they can "see the difference" between HDMI cables, etc... You can knowingly laugh to yourself and think about how much money the poor sole wasted on something that was pointless.

Now, I've seen others say that they make a difference in audio... ALL audio carried over HDMI is STILL in digital format... So again, since it's a digital signal, it will not make ANY difference at all....

I've also seen various posts in regards to things like "Make sure you get a v1.3 cable"...  The various HDMI versions determine the capabilities of the DEVICES on either end of that cable (most of the HDMI versions (other then 1.0 to 1.1) have to do with AUDIO and how many channels / type of audio are carried...)  Because of this, the cable itself is NO DIFFERENT... It's just marketing that some companies charge more for a "v1.3" cable then a "v1.1" cable, etc...  The cables themselves will work now and WELL into the future for any other HDMI versions that come along the way....

So there you have it... Hopefully it's clear enough to understand and hopefully it will help prevent a few posts...

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=828972#M828972

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2008 at 03:51 PM by tambutsoo »

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 10:17 PM »
What do you know? The CDRking cable worked perfectly with my LCD coupled with the DVI-HDMI cable I purchased several months ago! The PC was able to interface with the monitor with no visual interference whatsoever.

A real bargain, I intend to stock up on several cords just in case CDRK wisens up and starts asking more for it! ;)

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 06:07 PM »
BTW, another outlet pala na walang pila ay yung sa Robinson's Pioneer. Tamang-tama, sabay pasyal na rin sa outlet ni sir Nemesis na Sights and Sounds.  ;D

Offline Maulller

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Outer Haven
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 07, 2008 at 01:19 AM »
sulit talaga ang hdmi cable ng cdr king, using it on my dvd and lcd tv :)

Offline demented_

• Apprentice
  • http://dementedguy.wordpress.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 09:00 AM »
I want to connect my PC (with DVI port) to my LCD TV with an HDMI port. Where can I buy (cheaply) a DVI-HDMI cable? Five meters kailangan ko.

And ano ibig sabihin kapag sinabing Male or Female yung isang end nung cable?

TIA.

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #47 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 09:07 AM »

And ano ibig sabihin kapag sinabing Male or Female yung isang end nung cable?

TIA.

MALE - may pins yung end ng cable
FEMALE - may holes yung end ng cable

Think of it in human terms  :)
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #48 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 06:45 AM »
Just got my 200 worth HDMI last night sa CD-R King Market Market.
Worth it to the last centavo.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline HouseBum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 03:41 PM »
Been using my CDR King HDMI cable to connect my Philips DVP5986 to my Panasonic 32LE7 for since Monday and no problems whatsoever! CDR King Sm Southmall has it in stock!

The next cheapest HDMI cable in any store in Sm Southmall was 3,999Php! 200 vs 3999? The easiest decision in life ever!

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 06:16 PM »
CD-R king davao on stock

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #51 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 06:46 PM »
CD-R king davao on stock

Thanks for the heads up bro..  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #52 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 07:26 PM »

Ingit ako dito!  :-[

Offline hcubueno

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM »
@demented..checkout the landmark hardware/electronics shop at trinoma. Was able to get a DVi-HDMI 2m cable around Php 600. I forgot the brand though. its in the rack together with the other A/V cables.

HTH

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 20, 2008 at 12:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up bro..  ;D ;D ;D

Masyadong mailap ang cable na ito sa akin ;D
I look for this again on April na >:(
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 06:49 PM »
up  ;)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #56 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 06:54 PM »
Also try Electronics Boutique. Bought a 5 meter HDMI cable for P1k.

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 11:02 AM »
3 meter cd-r king hdmi cable 300 pesos only

Offline sfccc

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jan 31, 2008 at 05:43 PM »
Sir, Okay to use lang cable na 200 and 300 from cdr, pero you bought a 50K or more worth of equipment tapos tipirin mo sa cables. Meron namang 700 na husay ang quality. Sir try AUDIOPRO Brand. Opinion ko lang mga sir.

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jan 31, 2008 at 06:19 PM »
Sir, Okay to use lang cable na 200 and 300 from cdr, pero you bought a 50K or more worth of equipment tapos tipirin mo sa cables. Meron namang 700 na husay ang quality. Sir try AUDIOPRO Brand. Opinion ko lang mga sir.

nasa iyo na yan bro

Maybe this will help people understand HDMI cables...

Since this question gets asked like 15 times a day, and I usually end up responding to them, I'll make a general post... Sure would be nice to be stickied, but since that won't happen, at least highlight it and keep the URL so you yourself will have an easy time "replying" to the onslaught of questions...

I originally wrote this as a reply to a post, but thought it made more sense standing on it's own... So here goes...

"Question:  Is there any difference between a cheap (i.e. $10 HDMI cable) and an expensive (i.e. $150 HDMI cable)???"

I have an EE degree.  I work as a broadcast engineer.  I live and breath digital and analog signals every day.  So yes, you could say I'm qualified to give the answer to this question...

That answer is, "No, an expensive HDMI cable will make NO difference in the quality of your picture OR sound"

I'll give you the more complex reason first, then an analogy... Hopefully one will make sense...   If you don't want all the real technical stuff, just skip down to B for a real simple explaination...

A) Wires send electrical signals... Plain and simple.  Anything sent over a wire is ultimately just a voltage/current applied to that cable.  Let's say we're talking about an analog video signal that's 1 volt peak to peak... In other words, measuring from the LOWEST voltage to the HIGHEST voltage will give a result of 1 volt... With an analog signal you have "slices" of time that are "lines" of signal... It's too complex to go into here, but basically you have a "front porch" which is known as the "setup"... This is what helps your tv "lock onto" and sets the "black level" for the signal.  After that you've got each line of the image (455 half cycles per line).  Again I won't go into how chromanance (color information) and luminance (picture or brightness information) is combined, seperated, etc.. It's too complex for this discussion, but irregardless, just know that following that porch you've got all the lines of the picture (and some that don't show up on the picture... these carry closed captioning, test signals, etc...).  All of these "lines" of information when you look at them on a scope look like this...

That waveform is all of that information in analog form... In other words, if you look at one VERY SMALL timeslice of that waveform, the EXACT position of the form (i.e. what voltage is present) represents what information is at that position...

Because of this, it's VERY EASY for other radiated signals to get "mixed in" with that information.  When this happens, the more "noise" you get mixed into the signal, the more degraded the picture will be... You'll start to get snow, lines, weird colors, etc... Because "information" is getting into the waveform that doesn't belong there...

With digital however, (i.e. the signal sent over an HDMI cable), the information is encoded differently... At it's lowest level, it's nothing but a string of bits... In other words, each signal is either ON or OFF...  It doesn't care if a particular timeslice is 4.323 volts or 4.927 volts... It's just ON...  See on the right side here, the "square wave" pattern?

That's what a digital signal looks like... For each "slice" of the signal, the "bit" is either on (if the signal is high) or off (if it's low)...

Because of that, even if you mix some noise, or even a LOT of noise into the signal, the bit will STILL be on or off... It doesn't matter...

Now, for a slightly easier to understand analogy...

B)  Think of it this way... Let's say you have a ladder with 200 steps on it...  An "analog" signal represent information by WHICH step the person is on at a certain time.  As you move further and further away (get "noise or interference in the signal), it's very easy to start making mistakes... For example, if the person is on the 101st step, you might say he's on 102nd, or as you get further away, you might start making more and more mistakes... At some point you won't know if the person is on the 13th step or the 50th step....

NOW... In a digital signal, we don't care if he's on the 13th or 14th or 15th step... All we care about is rather he's at the TOP or the BOTTOM...  So now, as we back you up further and further (introduce more noise), you might have no idea what STEP he's on, but you'll STILL be able to tell if he's a "1" or a "0"...

THIS is why digital signals aren't affected by cheaper cables, etc...  Now eventually if you keep moving further and further back, there may come a point where you can no longer tell if he's up or down... But the good news is, digital signals don't "guess"... If they SEE the signal, they work... If they DON'T, they DON'T.. LOL

So if anyone ever tells you they can "see the difference" between HDMI cables, etc... You can knowingly laugh to yourself and think about how much money the poor sole wasted on something that was pointless.

Now, I've seen others say that they make a difference in audio... ALL audio carried over HDMI is STILL in digital format... So again, since it's a digital signal, it will not make ANY difference at all....

I've also seen various posts in regards to things like "Make sure you get a v1.3 cable"...  The various HDMI versions determine the capabilities of the DEVICES on either end of that cable (most of the HDMI versions (other then 1.0 to 1.1) have to do with AUDIO and how many channels / type of audio are carried...)  Because of this, the cable itself is NO DIFFERENT... It's just marketing that some companies charge more for a "v1.3" cable then a "v1.1" cable, etc...  The cables themselves will work now and WELL into the future for any other HDMI versions that come along the way....

So there you have it... Hopefully it's clear enough to understand and hopefully it will help prevent a few posts...

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=828972#M828972

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008 at 06:04 AM by tambutsoo »