Author Topic: CD-R King HDMI Cables - 200 pesos  (Read 54220 times)

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CD-R King HDMI Cables - 200 pesos
« Reply #90 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 09:08 AM »
my friend  bought a Php2,000.00 plus cable sa shang first  time use sira na kaagad

aw :(

Ahhhh...yan obviously lemon item na. Palitan dapat yan.   Even CDR-King has a one week replacement warranty.  ;D

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 09:16 AM »
I bought a 16-meter Kimber cable na HDMI. Very expensive. Sira, and it took several weeks to determine that it was the cable. Akala kasi muna ung dvd player or ang projector.

I also have a P1200 HDMI cable from Pioneer, P800 HDMI cable from Electronic Boutique and P200 HDMI cable from CD-R King. I think all of them are exactly the same, except for the Kimber cable that was so expensive tapos sira pala.

Sir,  question po....bakit kailangan ninyo ng 16-meter HDMI?  Makalayo yun projector and DVD player?  Ang laki siguro ng HT Room ninyo. ;) Yung 3-meter kasi ang haba na para sa akin eh.  :)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 09:20 AM »
Sir,  question po....bakit kailangan ninyo ng 16-meter HDMI?  Makalayo yun projector and DVD player?  Ang laki siguro ng HT Room ninyo. ;) Yung 3-meter kasi ang haba na para sa akin eh.  :)
hehe, I think you havent seen sir streetsmart's HT in the HT gallery....yes its big....  ;D ;D

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #93 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:58 AM »
I wish CDR-King will have a 7m HDMI.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #94 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:22 PM »
Sir streetsmart, was there a degradation in video quality using your long 16 meter HDMI cable? Is it noticeable in your pj display?

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:28 PM »
Sir streetsmart, was there a degradation in video quality using your long 16 meter HDMI cable? Is it noticeable in your pj display?

I guess I can only absolutely say that there was a degradation in pq if I connected the pj to a shorter HDMI cable and then compared the pq to that with a longer cable. E di ko naman ginawa yun kasi parang academic exercise lang.

What I can say is that the pj has been calibrated by 2 professionals, including one who is ISF-certified. They both say that the pq is excellent.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline LETOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:21 PM »
16 meters (about 52 ft)  is quite long cable. Doesn't it need some sort of signal equalizer to maintain picture quality? I supposed your cable is of very good quality.

I have read this from the Oppo website:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Does the HM-31 HDMI Switch support long HDMI cables?

A: Yes.  The HM-31 HDMI Switch has a built-in signal equalizer.  The signal equalizer removes distortion from the input HDMI signal after it travels over long cables and restores the signal quality/strength.  We have tested the HM-31 HDMI Switch passing 1080p signal successfully with a 50-foot cable between the source and  the HM-31's input, and another 50-foot cable between the HM-31's output and the TV.  The total cable length from the source to the TV is 100 feet. Of course, in any particular installation, the maximum cable length depends on many factors - quality of cables used, signal quality at the source, and the tolerance of the display device.

Q: What does the "built-in signal equalizer" do?

A: The signal equalizer is a key component to support long HDMI cables.  It removes distortion from the input HDMI signal after it travels over long cables and restores the signal quality/strength.  We have tested the HM-31 HDMI Switch passing 1080p signal successfully with a 50-foot cable between the source and  the HM-31's input, and another 50-foot cable between the HM-31's output and the TV.  The total cable length from the source to the TV is 100 feet. Of course, in any particular installation, the maximum cable length depends on many factors - quality of cables used, signal quality at the source, and the tolerance of the display device.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Feb 07, 2008 at 10:05 AM »
16 meters (about 52 ft)  is quite long cable. Doesn't it need some sort of signal equalizer to maintain picture quality? I supposed your cable is of very good quality.

A: Yes.  The HM-31 HDMI Switch has a built-in signal equalizer.  The signal equalizer removes distortion from the input HDMI signal after it travels over long cables and restores the signal quality/strength.  We have tested the HM-31 HDMI Switch passing 1080p signal successfully with a 50-foot cable between the source and  the HM-31's input, and another 50-foot cable between the HM-31's output and the TV.  The total cable length from the source to the TV is 100 feet. Of course, in any particular installation, the maximum cable length depends on many factors - quality of cables used, signal quality at the source, and the tolerance of the display device.

A: The signal equalizer is a key component to support long HDMI cables.  It removes distortion from the input HDMI signal after it travels over long cables and restores the signal quality/strength.  We have tested the HM-31 HDMI Switch passing 1080p signal successfully with a 50-foot cable between the source and  the HM-31's input, and another 50-foot cable between the HM-31's output and the TV.  The total cable length from the source to the TV is 100 feet. Of course, in any particular installation, the maximum cable length depends on many factors - quality of cables used, signal quality at the source, and the tolerance of the display device.

Nice quote but I have no problems with my long cable. Actually, I think my cable is 50 feet, not 16 meters.

I used to have a 16 meter S-video cable and for that, I had to provide a signal booster, which clearly helped improve pq. In the case of the HDMI cable, however, I find no need whatsoever. The pq is pretty good.

Offline bhongskie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 10:18 AM »
just bought a cdr king hdmi cable yesterday, daming stock sa rob pioneer.  i learned 2 palang klase yun may silver and may gold (color) yung connector.  i've tried comparing it with a bandridge hmdi cable, for me no difference in pq. cost lang ang difference, cdr king cable P250, bandridge cable, FREE   ;D

Offline antikryst

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Feb 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM »
since hdmi works on a digital signal...pq should be the same no matter how long it is. it either works or it doesnt.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 03:13 PM »

Nice quote but I have no problems with my long cable. Actually, I think my cable is 50 feet, not 16 meters.

I used to have a 16 meter S-video cable and for that, I had to provide a signal booster, which clearly helped improve pq. In the case of the HDMI cable, however, I find no need whatsoever. The pq is pretty good.

I think I will modify my response. My 50-foot HDMI cable goes to the pj from a video processor. I have recently read that this video processor has a high output voltage which allows it to transmit the video signal over 50-foot cables and that this is not possible with normal AVR's.

If this is the case, then perhaps the quotation above from LETOR is correct. You may need a booster when the HDMI cable length is 50 feet or more.

Offline glacierfrost

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Feb 17, 2008 at 07:05 PM »
Ako I use something like this to run a 20M hdmi connection. Basically it uses cat5e cables instead of hdmi wire. Looks great on my pj, walang signal loss. ;D

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 09:17 AM »
Ok ito ah.  Does it have it's own power source? I believe Cat5 can run as long as 100m.....based on Computer LAN specs.   ;D

Offline glacierfrost

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 10:08 AM »
It needs external power source. You can see on the second picture there is a round hole, that's where the power cable goes. It can go as long as 120M but only in 1080i. Maximum with 1080p is 60M. ;D

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 05:20 AM »
I bought an HDMI cable last Sunday from CD-R King. Of course at first, I dread it will have some sort of problems; but so far its great. Connected to my 50" Sony HDTV and my PS3.

And I got the 2m which is P250. And unlike the 1.8m one, its actually in a good container, with info at the back. lol. So mas na wala ang worry ko.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #105 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM »
I bought an HDMI cable last Sunday from CD-R King. Of course at first, I dread it will have some sort of problems; but so far its great. Connected to my 50" Sony HDTV and my PS3.

And I got the 2m which is P250. And unlike the 1.8m one, its actually in a good container, with info at the back. lol. So mas na wala ang worry ko.

Is this already the HDMI 1.3 version cable? 
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 11:31 AM »

In my experience, there seems to be no such thing as an HDMI 1.3 cable. An HDMI cable can handle any version of HDMI.

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM »

i think i've read  "HMDI 1.3" somewhere in the packaging, even pointed it out to the sales staff who knows not a thing on the cable  :D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 12:11 PM »
walang mahabang cd-r king hdmi cable for my projector run so I got these

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=3989&seq=1&format=2

Monoprice HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (22AWG) - 20ft (Gold Plated)

$26.51 only.....add P600-P700 for JAC fee....mura pa rin than those P10k+ cables.....

;D ;D

Meron rin sila 3ft $7.53 only and also rated 1.3a for your interconnects.   Kaya lang out of stock...
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 at 12:22 PM by Munskie »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM »
In my experience, there seems to be no such thing as an HDMI 1.3 cable. An HDMI cable can handle any version of HDMI.

HDMI 1.3 defined two categories of cables: Category 1 (standard or HDTV) and Category 2 (high-speed or greater than HDTV) to reduce the confusion about which cables support which video formats. Using 28 AWG, a cable of about 5 metres (~16 ft) can be manufactured easily and inexpensively to Category 1 specifications. Higher-quality construction (24 AWG, tighter construction tolerances, etc.) can reach lengths of 12 to 15 metres (~39 to 49 ft). In addition, active cables (fiber optic or dual Cat-5 cables instead of standard copper) can be used to extend HDMI to 100 metres or more. Some companies also offer amplifiers, equalizers and repeaters that can string several standard (non-active) HDMI cables together

from Wikipedia...

If your AVR, TV and DVD players (HD or SD) support HDMI 1.3 already, might as well go for the HDMI 1.3 cable.. 
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 at 12:15 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 12:47 PM »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 12:49 PM »
Nice.. at least we know what to buy in what situations..
ang tanong para di OT sa thread....what version is the CDR-King HDMI cable?

after reading that article, Im quite convinced that not all hdmi cables performs the same.....and since the 1.3a versions of monoprice are quite affordable........theres no harm in trying.  Para meron na rin peace of mind... hehehe  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 at 12:53 PM by Munskie »

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 11:51 PM »
up :)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 09:38 AM »
I recently got the cd-r king P250 2m HDMI cable.......and before I throw out the blister pack, here are the specs:

* High quality gold-plated/Ni-plated plugs for better connectivity
* Copper-based cables
* Supports high-bandwidth, uncompressed Digital Video, multi-channel digital audio and control functions
* Used for all HD equipment with HDMI connections
* Can be used with a HDMI-DVI converter for equipment utilizing a DVI connection
* Double screened for superb performance
* Full compliance with the HDMI 1.3 specification

For whatever this may serve  ;)

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Mar 19, 2008 at 05:01 PM »
kamusta na ang Cd-r King Hdmi cable ninyo? mine still kicking pa rin

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Mar 19, 2008 at 08:09 PM »
I recently got the cd-r king P250 2m HDMI cable.......and before I throw out the blister pack, here are the specs:

* High quality gold-plated/Ni-plated plugs for better connectivity
* Copper-based cables
* Supports high-bandwidth, uncompressed Digital Video, multi-channel digital audio and control functions
* Used for all HD equipment with HDMI connections
* Can be used with a HDMI-DVI converter for equipment utilizing a DVI connection
* Double screened for superb performance
* Full compliance with the HDMI 1.3 specification

For whatever this may serve  ;)

Wow 1.3 specs na pala yan.. that's really cheap..

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • This is why we need Power line Conditioners!
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 12:49 PM »
WOW! ang sakit pala sa ulo kapag intindihin lahat ng HDMI cables! what should be the best cable to use for LCD TV?
up for murang cables

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #118 on: Apr 11, 2008 at 11:55 PM »
i got mine a CDR king GH last week 1.8mtrs for 200 pesos lang hehehe dont really need a long one since malapit lang naman player ko sa TV. Funny nga how they guy in SM appliance was trying to convince me to buy the expensive cable sa kanila mas maganda daw picture quality nun.

Value for money tlga CDR king sana magkaron narin sila screen protector for LCD and Plasma TV's (hahahaha)

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 06:54 AM »

up  :)