Author Topic: Samsung HT-Q20...can it pLay R1 DVDs?  (Read 762 times)

Offline 2001

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung HT-Q20...can it pLay R1 DVDs?
« on: Nov 25, 2007 at 12:41 AM »
Newbie here. ;D

I know this might have been asked before and I've searched the other threads regarding this but I'm not satisfied enough, sooo.. I'm pLanning to purchase The Godfather CoLLection which is R1 yet my DVD pLayer which is a Samsung HT-Q20 is marked R3. WiLL this DVD actuaLLy not pLay in my DVD pLayer? If not, can my DVD pLayer be possibLy modified to pLay it? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM by 2001 »

Offline vp_ortiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung HT-Q20...can it pLay R1 DVDs?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 08:35 PM »
it depends if your dvd is region-locked. but most dvd players today are sold 'unlocked', meaning you can play any disc from any part of the world.

regarding hacks however, there are ways on how you could unlock the region code of a dvd player. especially with samsung, i think there are simple steps that you use on your remote control to make the player region free. i-google mo lang.

OR... bili ka na lang ng region 3 na godfather collection...

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 10:09 PM »
if you didn't ask the salesperson to unlock it, it may be region locked. 

there is a universal code that you can use (google mo na lang) to make it region free.  it was used on other models also and I was able to region free my HT X20 when I used the same codes. 

hope this helps.

Offline 2001

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2007 at 02:33 PM »
OR... bili ka na lang ng region 3 na godfather collection...

Sorry kung maarte but, I wish to see for the first time the said best fiLm of aLL-time sa R1 na DVD. To add, the R3 version doesn't Look any better as far as packaging is concerned imo.  ;D

Thanks guys! I did further searching on the other threads a week ago and discovered this DVD-hacking site that heLped me unLock my pLayer. Though, I'm stiLL not sure if its actuaLLy region-free aLready since I don't have any DVDs from other regions. I shaLL find out soon...