Author Topic: MAGNA RE-RELEASES ( WITH SLIPCASE )  (Read 6279 times)

Offline amethyst_arr

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MAGNA RE-RELEASES ( WITH SLIPCASE )
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 06:01 PM »
it seems that Magna just reissued the old single layer MI 1...and based from the discussion(s) here, it may also be a locally-pressed DVD5...
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2008 at 06:02 PM by amethyst_arr »

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 06:04 PM »
As long as its DVD9 & clear , then its ok. But they shouldnt be putting those stickers if its local.

I got MI3, Dream Girls & Shooter at the recent Astro leap year sale.

I just talked to a Magna rep, he said they dont put the "imported DVD" sticker on locally printed DVD's.

Offline marvel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 06:42 PM »
I purchased a copy of the Mission Impossible DVD at HMV - HK, format is DVD5. Is this the same as the local release? How much are they selling it?

Offline amethyst_arr

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 07:10 PM »
i think that the reissued/slipcased MI is PhP375...i bought mine when the price of the "original" release was lowered to PhP199...

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+435)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1268
« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 07:50 PM »
Yes, the re-issued DVD 5 MI with slipcase is priced at P375. Got it for 50% off at the Podium sale, or P187.50.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 08:26 PM »
Enemy At The Gates is also being re-released by Magna with a slipcase. Php 375.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 02:41 PM »
Yes, the re-issued DVD 5 MI with slipcase is priced at P375. Got it for 50% off at the Podium sale, or P187.50.

Yes, MI is single layer and non anamorphic, even for the previous release.  They did not release the 10th anniversary edition which is already dual layer, anamorphic and has special features.

I got my copy years ago when it was still "on sale" at P375.

Offline amethyst_arr

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 09:17 AM »
I am really curious about  these re-released Magna titles (w and w/o slip cases)... just talked to a magna rep about this (i won't say w/c store or branch 'coz the person might get fired and i know some Magna people are monitoring our threads here) and she said that one of their reference in determining whether a DVD is imported or not is the ID No./Code (?) found on the spline of the DVD covers...if a DVD has that "code" (random-like combination of numbers and letters), then it's most likely imported...i don't know if you noticed, or can compare maybe, but the recent re-released slipcased Magna titles don't have them...am sure my Four Brothers and Shooter don't have it...maybe you should also check your recent Magna titles...

a friend recently bought a 2D Bourne Ultimatum and I noticed that the spline of the DVD cover doesn't have that "code"...when I told her my suspicion, we checked the discs and we observed the same things noticed by sir mattia and sir techdude...

what do you think guys?... for me, it's not a matter whether the DVD(s) is(are) clear or not, it's a question whether the disc I'm (we're) buying is really imported or not, because that's what it says there on the label in the first place...

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #38 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 10:31 AM »
Magna releases are really confusing as hell.  Even at a discounted price of P150...I am still cautious and undecided if I will get the title or not.  Totally pass ako on their budget releases.  I sometimes see both the regular and budget release being sold for P150.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #39 on: Apr 09, 2008 at 05:41 PM »
Saw some Magnavision Re-Releases of old dvds, this time with slipcases and it says special edition, selling @P375

Four Brothers
Mission Impossible
MI : 2
Dreamgirls ( this one is selling @P475 )

All of these slipcased re-releases are now selling at Php 299 at Odyssey in The Block. Oddly, they're still selling for 375/475 at the Astro on the first floor of The Block.

Just a quick heads up for anyone looking to purchase them...  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Apr 09, 2008 at 05:45 PM »
All of these slipcased re-releases are now selling at Php 299 at Odyssey in The Block. Oddly, they're still selling for 375/475 at the Astro on the first floor of The Block.

Just a quick heads up for anyone looking to purchase them...  ;D

Saw these titles selling at P175 during the sale at O Rockwell last April 4 - 7.  Including Enemy at The Gates and Tomb Raiders 1 & 2.  I expect that in future sales, it's gonna hover around the same amounts as well.  After all, these are Local Minted DVDs with slipcases that have "Imported" stickers.

Offline obsi

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Apr 09, 2008 at 08:28 PM »
I am really curious about  these re-released Magna titles (w and w/o slip cases)... just talked to a magna rep about this (i won't say w/c store or branch 'coz the person might get fired and i know some Magna people are monitoring our threads here) and she said that one of their reference in determining whether a DVD is imported or not is the ID No./Code (?) found on the spline of the DVD covers...if a DVD has that "code" (random-like combination of numbers and letters), then it's most likely imported...i don't know if you noticed, or can compare maybe, but the recent re-released slipcased Magna titles don't have them...am sure my Four Brothers and Shooter don't have it...maybe you should also check your recent Magna titles...

a friend recently bought a 2D Bourne Ultimatum and I noticed that the spline of the DVD cover doesn't have that "code"...when I told her my suspicion, we checked the discs and we observed the same things noticed by sir mattia and sir techdude...

what do you think guys?... for me, it's not a matter whether the DVD(s) is(are) clear or not, it's a question whether the disc I'm (we're) buying is really imported or not, because that's what it says there on the label in the first place...

My eyes may have decieved me, but I've noticed some different titles having the very same "code" on the case spine, of which the magic number is...(drum roll please)..."280".  For example, some Spiderman spines have the same "code" as Dawn of the Dead, which is: you guessed it, "280".  Just my observation (which led to more confusion).  ???
"All Your BASS Are Belong To Us..."