Author Topic: Wanted R3  (Read 10643 times)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Wanted R3
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2009 at 11:15 PM »
Just saw the WANTED giftset at Asto GB.. priced at 1995  :)

Not bad....will check this out tomorrow.  ;)

Offline duncanfranchise

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 01:34 AM »
It's actually priced at P1950.  Also, ours (including the steelbook edition) is the Region 2 version.

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 02:04 AM »
It's actually priced at P1950.  Also, ours (including the steelbook edition) is the Region 2 version.

When you say the Region 2 version, does this mean that it's PAL and not NTSC?

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 02:12 AM »
I think, as with some recent Magna steelbook releases (The Incredible Hulk), the disc itself is R3 even though the case indicates it's R2.

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009 at 02:13 AM by allanmandy »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 02:35 AM »
I think, as with some recent Magna steelbook releases (The Incredible Hulk), the disc itself is R3 even though the case indicates it's R2.

so it has the ratings logos on it or is it the same as this:

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 08:09 AM »
There is also a sticker saying "PAL Version" reiterating the fact. So does this mean that this won't work on standard TVs? ??? Does it have to be Multisystem?
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 08:47 AM »
better ask the sales staff. and yes, your tv has to be multi system for this to play.  should be no problem, as most standard tv's are nowadays.

Offline duncanfranchise

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 03:03 PM »
When you say the Region 2 version, does this mean that it's PAL and not NTSC?

Yup, the disc is PAL (unlike The Incredible Hulk).  There shouldn't be any problem playing it on TV's & DVD players nowadays.

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+432)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1259
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 03:07 PM »
Saw both the giftset & steelbook at Astro Megamall earlier today. The giftset is simply designed, but very handsome; looks better than other recent giftsets, I think. The steelbook artwork is also quite good. It's the same as posted by boredfilmmaker a few posts above.

I was just hesistant to buy due to the mentioned PAL discs as I'm not sure if it will play in my set-up ... :-\      

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 04:57 PM »
Saw the giftset today at O Rockwell.  The saleslady at the counter was nice enough to let me view an opened copy (sample) and the content seems to be similar to its R1 counterpart.  The 3D film cell looks really cool.  8)  The P1950 price tag, I think, is pretty reasonable.   I might get this set at a future date.   :)

Offline blued888

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 05:49 PM »
Does the 2nd disc contain the same features as the R1? The Steelbook is P1,350?
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009 at 05:51 PM by blued888 »

Offline maidenmasher69

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 06:01 PM »
Saw a copy of the steelbook and giftset at astro virra mall. So the steelbook edition is the only two disc edition available?

Online jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 06:03 PM »

Online jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 06:06 PM »
Saw a copy of the steelbook and giftset at astro virra mall. So the steelbook edition is the only two disc edition available?

The giftset is also 2 discs. So far, I don't think there is any sightings of a regular 2-disc edition...

Offline Composite Trekkie-Batfan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 06:41 PM »
The giftset is very nice. On close inspection, the box has binary code etchings similar to that seen in the movie. In addition to the film cell, there are also 4 postcards and an assassins profile booklet. The only downside is the disc holder...instead of a tray, its a cardboard mockup of a target.

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 06:42 PM »
Does the 2nd disc contain the same features as the R1? The Steelbook is P1,350?

Yes. Except for "The stars share their excitement about working with the cutting-edge director of the film" which is included in the R1 bonus disc, not found in the local release.

Yes, the steelbook is P1350.

Actual pics of the steelbook.

I'm a bit frustrated at the absence of an inside artwork and insert.  It just looked so plain... and bare.  :(

Also, the stickers are again on the steelbook itself, not on the plastic cover.  :(

Offline blued888

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 07:41 PM »
Yes. Except for "The stars share their excitement about working with the cutting-edge director of the film" which is included in the R1 bonus disc, not found in the local release.

Yes, the steelbook is P1350.

Actual pics of the steelbook.

I'm a bit frustrated at the absence of an inside artwork and insert.  It just looked so plain... and bare.  :(

Also, the stickers are again on the steelbook itself, not on the plastic cover.  :(

Recently sold my 2-Disc R1 to a fellow PDVD member, but I'm looking to reacquire the R1 single disc.

The disc art looks nicer on the R3 than on the R1, the R1 is mostly black. Are the stickers on the back removable? I honestly don't like steelbooks that don't have art on the inside, because what's the point of making the part holding the discs semi-transparent if you can't see anything under it. ::)

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 07:49 PM »
so it has the ratings logos on it or is it the same as this:

is this the same one na nilabas dito? parang magkaiba 'yung kulay. greenish 'yung atin.  o nasa lighting lang?
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009 at 07:50 PM by jekoy »
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 10:52 PM »
Recently sold my 2-Disc R1 to a fellow PDVD member, but I'm looking to reacquire the R1 single disc.

The disc art looks nicer on the R3 than on the R1, the R1 is mostly black. Are the stickers on the back removable? I honestly don't like steelbooks that don't have art on the inside, because what's the point of making the part holding the discs semi-transparent if you can't see anything under it. ::)

I suppose the stickers on the back can be removed although I haven't tried it yet.. afraid it might get all smudged..  :-\

is this the same one na nilabas dito? parang magkaiba 'yung kulay. greenish 'yung atin.  o nasa lighting lang?

Sorry po.. lighting lang yan greenish hue.  It's actually silver in color, similar to what boredfilmmaker posted above.  ;D

Offline maidenmasher69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 07:17 AM »
The giftset is also 2 discs. So far, I don't think there is any sightings of a regular 2-disc edition...

Ah ok. Limited release kaya ang 2?

And in addition, PAL discs and not NTSC. Whew

Might as well pass

since I am not sure if my tv can read pal discs.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 09:55 AM »
The giftset is very nice. On close inspection, the box has binary code etchings similar to that seen in the movie. In addition to the film cell, there are also 4 postcards and an assassins profile booklet. The only downside is the disc holder...instead of a tray, its a cardboard mockup of a target.

actual pic (blu ray US edition)

WANTED Blu-ray Limited Edition Glass Case
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline imperialcog

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 10:42 AM »
Ah ok. Limited release kaya ang 2?

And in addition, PAL discs and not NTSC. Whew

Might as well pass

since I am not sure if my tv can read pal discs.

I was about to get it, but when I saw the PAL sticker, I quickly walked away... :)

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #52 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 01:36 PM »
i have no qualms either PAL(looks better IMO) or NTSC coz most dvd players can convert it but.......will wait for it to go on sale hehehehe.... ;D

Offline myawok

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Apprentice
  • meow!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 05:38 PM »
So all of the editions available here (single disc, steelbook and gift set) are PAL?

Offline imperialcog

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 05:45 PM »
So all of the editions available here (single disc, steelbook and gift set) are PAL?

As far as I know, Yes. :)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 10:29 PM »
R2 / PAL is just the casing however the disc are region 3 encoded so no worries. Similar to the American Gangster Steel. Agree with edboy7, looks more imported;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 11:23 PM »
I've seen the actual steelbook and it seems that the DVD is indeed PAL because of the sticker. This was confirmed by the Magna rep.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 01:25 AM »
I've seen the actual steelbook and it seems that the DVD is indeed PAL because of the sticker. This was confirmed by the Magna rep.

???  3 Q's.

1) are we allowed to sell PAL/R2 copies here?
2) wrong disc?  ::)
3) why?  :(

I guess most of the players here are region free so no worries to some or even to many.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 01:57 AM »
Maybe there are no Steelbooks planned for R3?

I believe the Philippine market is too small for local distributors to order 'Steelbook' casings, so either other R3 countries have Steelbook casing (makisalo lang tayo) or they have to be creative as Magnavision does with Incredible Hulk and American Gangster.  But with this one,  instead of tossing out the R2 discs and replacing them with R3 ones, Magnavision decided to just let it stand as it is...  Especially since there are no (?) complaints with the one disc PAL version.  Just my speculation..

Whether selling different region disc is allowed, I think movie distributors has decided against enforcing it, otherwise how could Amazon sell R1 discs to us?  All local distributors break that rule sometimes (Viva with R1 High School Musical, C interactive with R1 LOTR, and now Magnavision with Wanted R2).  Whatever, I am not complaining, the more the merrier...

Finally, Why?  Because Steelbook sells, many people will not buy regular DVD (but wait for it to go on sale) but would snap up Steelbook because most often they don't reach the sale bin...  And people who buy Steelbooks are often the higher-end who are more likely to be knowledgeable about HT, and thus have unlocked players...

Just my thoughts...
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2009 at 02:06 AM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 09:05 AM »
Magnavision decided to just let it stand as it is... 

If they did.. I dont think that is the right thing to do. Are we paying P199 for this for them to just let it stand like that? Maybe you are right...since no one is complaining so let it be..knowing Magna. Why not just locally manufacture the disc? They can do that anytime.  ::)

What I know is selling other region here is illegal. Yes,  Astro or other distributors were able to sell R2 or R1 before as what you have mentioned but does the law or VRB knows about it? I don't think so. Who will enforce the law? I think company and store mentioned is part of the law.  ::)  I remember the store Megamixx record bar at Megamall which were raided by law enforcement for selling R1's, all were confiscated and the owner was penalized, reason for it's closing down. I'm not sure though if the law on  on-line shopping and stores are the same.

I just hope buyers  will be informed about its different encoding, otherwise those with region lock players will definitely be disappointed. Of course they will assume that what they buy locally will be fine with their players. But knowing our local market, wether you are an HT enthusiast or just a regular viewer, the first thing the marketer will sell you is their player being region free.  ;D

just my 3 cents.