Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 409032 times)

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #1500 on: Apr 23, 2011 at 07:30 AM »
Incc3,

I used a card reader and an 8gb sd card, newly formatted to fat32. However since I'm using a Mac, there might be an issue with the file compression. Will try using a windows pc today.

vortex,

will try borrow a usb drive. As of now I only get the the xtreamer welcome logo. are you guys on 2.7 already?
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1501 on: Apr 23, 2011 at 07:50 AM »
Bro,  I strongly suggest you run over to a CDRKing and get one of their 1Gb thumb drives, P300+ na lang ata.   Low level installing firmware can be a very precarious process even for the hardware.  A card reader and SD card combo still has a bit more points of failure than I'd be comfortable with. 

Yesterday, I did a fsck (chkdsk on Windows) on our 2T drive which I suspected had a lot of errors already.  I have it formatted in ext3 because I've been monkeying around the Mod Pack developed by the XTreamer user community.   Well sure enough there were a lot of errors.  Unplugging the XTreamer without powering down with the remote is not a good idea, though sometimes there is no choice.   Also, I can't be sure but NTFS seems less prone to such problems but I'm not sure.
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #1502 on: Apr 23, 2011 at 10:05 AM »
Incc3,

I used a card reader and an 8gb sd card, newly formatted to fat32. However since I'm using a Mac, there might be an issue with the file compression. Will try using a windows pc today.

vortex,

will try borrow a usb drive. As of now I only get the the xtreamer welcome logo. are you guys on 2.7 already?

yup 2.7 na yung FW ko.

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
« Reply #1503 on: Apr 23, 2011 at 02:07 PM »
Update:
Fortunately, the card reader +sd card worked albeit the hassle of running to and from the computer. Got the emergency firmware install.img and let the xtreamer go into emergency firmware install. However my mistake was I downloaded the 2.7 emergency firmware and an error occurred.

I downloaded the emergency 2.6 firmware and it worked. I'd probably stick with this one for now. Thanks guys!
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1504 on: Apr 23, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
Glad it worked out bro.  Good info on the 2.7 emergency image not working.  To be honest, I've not noticed any of the changes but I'm not looking for them either.  Enjoy.

Does anyone know of any small 7"-10" LCD monitor with a composite video input I can buy?  I'd like to put a small screen on the composite out of our XTreamer downstairs so we don't have to turn on the big TV to navigate for music.  The big TV is plasma and I either forget or are too lazy to turn the TV off once I get the music I want playing - sayang kuryente. 
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1505 on: Apr 23, 2011 at 07:37 PM »
Glad it worked out bro.  Good info on the 2.7 emergency image not working.  To be honest, I've not noticed any of the changes but I'm not looking for them either.  Enjoy.

Does anyone know of any small 7"-10" LCD monitor with a composite video input I can buy?  I'd like to put a small screen on the composite out of our XTreamer downstairs so we don't have to turn on the big TV to navigate for music.  The big TV is plasma and I either forget or are too lazy to turn the TV off once I get the music I want playing - sayang kuryente. 

honga.... lakas sa kuryente pag playing music lang lalu na pag malaki ang TV hehehe.

Offline TLG85537

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1506 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM »
I have just upgraded to 2.7 (from v2.3 factory). I can play the movies fine but when I go to Xtreamering  from the home page, nawawala signal and the only way to go on is to force close or unplug tapos restart. Read somewhere na dapat daw delete ko old scripts folder content but wala namang laman sda1 ko except for MyRadio. Before I upgraded I was able to go to the Internet section and read news etc. Ngayon tuloy with the upgrade hindi na kahit na-set up ko na ulit wifi and the IP address nasa home screen na.

Aside from the 2.7 firmware may dapat pa ba akong i-install na hiwalay for the xtreamering to work? Or suggestions what else to check? Salamat

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1507 on: May 01, 2011 at 05:36 AM »
Bro I don't really know if this will help or not but maybe you need to access your XTreamer via its web interfaces and set some of th settings which are only accessible through it such as the SMB names.  We're using 2.7 and I've been able to get into the Xtreaming section.  For some reason I haven't bothered to figure out the xFacebook application does not seem to work well but I've Jukebox and other stuff seem to work well enough. 

You can access the XTreamer Web UI by first turning it on under Settings->Applications on the TV interface,  then just point your browser at http://<IP-address>.  The IP address is displayed at the bottom of the TV interface. 
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline TLG85537

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1508 on: May 01, 2011 at 08:31 AM »
@Incc63: Thanks bro. I have not yet used this feature but good to know. Pero no option there for xtreamering or is there any fix I should do there? Everything already works except for the xtreamering/internet

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1509 on: May 01, 2011 at 08:56 AM »
You're welcome but like I said I'm really not sure it was of any help.   Yes, there are no setting in the WebUI specific to XTreaming.  It was just really a shot in the dark Bro.  As it is with software, things unrelated can affect one another.  You might try a clean install or even an emergency install which should clean up any garbage.

After, I posted I explored the XTreaming section a bit more.  Downloaded and installed the latest updates then got to watch the initial episode of "Bewitched" and and few music videos (not for kids).  However even with our 3Mbps DSL connection, there were "hiccups" even though I disabled all other network applications so I don't think I'll be using it.

This might help: XTreaming Manual
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011 at 09:37 AM by lncc63 »
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1510 on: May 01, 2011 at 10:49 AM »
I found this having decided to look around the XTreamer website since I haven't in quite some time.

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/21867-firmware-version-3-for-xtreamer-products-status-update/

Looks like XTreamer owners have something to look forward to.  Let's just hope it doesn't come as a Christmas Gift :)

By the way, I think it is important to occasionally remove your HDDs, put them in a PC and do an chkdsk on them (or a fsck if using the ext3 format).   I just did this again for our 2T and 1T formatted in ext3 and a NTFS format 1T HDD, and found some errors.  Usually such errors are easily fixed but I think it is better not to let them accumulate.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011 at 10:53 AM by lncc63 »
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1511 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:07 PM »
that is goodnews! at least their working on the fixes. I look forward in their big announcements on the updates.

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1512 on: May 02, 2011 at 03:32 PM »
need help!

i tried to connect my xtreamer w/ sidewinder to LG 355 HTIB. i set it up like:
A. HDMI cable from xtreamer to LCD TV
B. Audio RCA to LG355 HTIB (5.1)

I turned of the HDMI audio in the A/V setting of xtreamer para sa HTIB lumabas yung sound, now the PROBLEM is walang dialog or boses na lumabas sa HTIB. puro background lang or surround. Note, source are 5.1 pero it would not matter kasi analog lang ang connection ko.

When I tried to use the speakers of the LCD kumpleto naman sya.

please help!
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline Vodzilla

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1513 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:02 PM »
peeps ok bang combination yung xtreamer sidewinder with wd my book essential 2TB?  wala bang issues with this combo?

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1514 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:28 PM »
need help!

i tried to connect my xtreamer w/ sidewinder to LG 355 HTIB. i set it up like:
A. HDMI cable from xtreamer to LCD TV
B. Audio RCA to LG355 HTIB (5.1)

I turned of the HDMI audio in the A/V setting of xtreamer para sa HTIB lumabas yung sound, now the PROBLEM is walang dialog or boses na lumabas sa HTIB. puro background lang or surround. Note, source are 5.1 pero it would not matter kasi analog lang ang connection ko.

When I tried to use the speakers of the LCD kumpleto naman sya.

please help!

Does the LG355 have any Optical input?
Try connecting the audio using that and I'm sure that you'll get the full sound.
I've been using that method before I got my AVR.
With analog signals, depending on the file coding, I sometimes don't get the full audio. What you're hearing is just the sound that's supposed to go to the surrounds.

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1515 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:48 PM »
Xtreamer version 1 has compatibility issues with Onkyo HQV-Reon receivers. It will show the Xtreamer logo after you turn it on but after it initializes, picture will become snowy. I have confirm it with my Onkyo 875, 876 & now with my 3008. I do not have problem with other receivers or with Onkyo faroudjia equipped models like the 707. Right now, i am in the market for the best but affordable nmt. I don't like realtek based nmts because it don't show movie titles in full view as i have experienced with my cinematube. Can anybody confirm this compatibility issue? TIA  ;D

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1516 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:50 PM »
Xtreamer version 1 has compatibility issues with Onkyo HQV-Reon receivers. It will show the Xtreamer logo after you turn it on but after it initializes, picture will become snowy. I have confirm it with my Onkyo 875, 876 & now with my 3008. I do not have problem with other receivers or with Onkyo faroudjia equipped models like the 707. Right now, i am in the market for the best but affordable nmt. I don't like realtek based nmts because it don't show movie titles in full view as i have experienced with my cinematube. Can anybody confirm this compatibility issue? TIA  ;D

Chief, have you tried the HDMI Compatibility Options?
Under the Setup-> A/V Menu Settings.

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1517 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:54 PM »
Chief, have you tried the HDMI Compatibility Options?
Under the Setup-> A/V Menu Settings.

san to bro? sa menu settings ng Xtreamer? Verson 1 pa yong unit ko. Yong maingay yong fan when you hit the "on" button.

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1518 on: May 02, 2011 at 06:06 PM »
What firmware are you using?
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1519 on: May 02, 2011 at 06:09 PM »
FW 2.6 if not mistaken.

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #1520 on: May 02, 2011 at 07:47 PM »
I'll try to simulate your problem sir as I have both xtreamer mk 1 and onkyo 3008.  I'm currently using xtreamer pro with 3008 and I don't have problems like that.
Sir ano nga pala tv brand niyo, Panasonic?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011 at 07:49 PM by comet »

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1521 on: May 02, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
I'll try to simulate your problem sir as I have both xtreamer mk 1 and onkyo 3008.  I'm currently using xtreamer pro with 3008 and I don't have problems like that.
Sir ano nga pala tv brand niyo, Panasonic?

Thanks sir comet. Napansin ko yon una sa 875 so I thought it was a handshake issue lang na nasa receiver yong problem. Pero nuong pati sa 876 at 3008 me issue din kaya ako conclude na compatibility issue nga sa hardware. Im using samsung at syntax lcd tv. Try ko kunan ng pics para makita mo yong problema.

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1522 on: May 02, 2011 at 08:33 PM »
Sige sir para makita ko yung itsura.

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1523 on: May 02, 2011 at 08:59 PM »
Sige sir para makita ko yung itsura.

This is the picture right after you hit the "on" button.

This is the xtreamer after it initialize. Same experience when using onkyo 875, 876 & 3008. Wala namang issue pag ginamit ko sa bedroom ko na 707 ang nakaset-up duon. Wala ding issue pag gamitin mo sa ibang receiver brands. The xtreamer is a reliable nmt as i have this for almost 2 years now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011 at 09:02 PM by nogie »

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1524 on: May 02, 2011 at 09:13 PM »
san to bro? sa menu settings ng Xtreamer? Verson 1 pa yong unit ko. Yong maingay yong fan when you hit the "on" button.

Yup. We have the same one. Xtreamer Mk1.
I updated mine to FW 2.7 already.
You can find the HDMI Compatibility Options by clicking Settings, then go to the A/V Menu, then it's in the bottom part of the screen.

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1525 on: May 02, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
Nakita ko na. I tried up to option 4 pero ganun parin walang nangyari. Hardware compatibility issue nga to. Para sa akin tatlo na ang weakness ng Xtreamer. 1. No HD-Audio passthrough 2. You will need to change the setting when playing AAC movie file from set up menu 3. Hardware incompatibility w/ Onkyo HQV-Reon receivers

Yup. We have the same one. Xtreamer Mk1.
I updated mine to FW 2.7 already.
You can find the HDMI Compatibility Options by clicking Settings, then go to the A/V Menu, then it's in the bottom part of the screen.

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1526 on: May 02, 2011 at 09:40 PM »
Nakita ko na. I tried up to option 4 pero ganun parin walang nangyari. Hardware compatibility issue nga to. Para sa akin tatlo na ang weakness ng Xtreamer. 1. No HD-Audio passthrough 2. You will need to change the setting when playing AAC movie file from set up menu 3. Hardware incompatibility w/ Onkyo HQV-Reon receivers

Sigh, I know what you mean bro.
I agree on point 1 and 2. It's working fine though on my Onkyo 509.
Hassle talaga yung audio passthrough na missing. That's why I also have a K130i as backup. I still can't seem to let go of the Xtreamer though. More addon features and very nice GUI already.

Last question, what files normally would let you experience the audio passthrough? I notice it only when I play bluray movies via PS3 to the Onkyo.

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1527 on: May 02, 2011 at 11:08 PM »
Sir Nogie just tried my xtreamer mk 1 with the 3008.  Mine went smoothly.   I already updated my Xtreamer to 2.7.  Firmware version for the 3008 is 1051-0400-0310-2101.  I tried changing all resolutions from source, through, 480p up to 1080p/24hz, all went smoothly except for the last(1080p/24hz) which showed mild jaggedness  due to the limitation of my 720p projector. I used the HDMI Main  as monitor out.  HD audio passthrough is really not possible with the mk 1 that's why I upgraded to Xtreamer pro, pero the Xtreamer mk 1 can decode the DTS core as I tried  Bluray-isos kanina.  Sir Nogie, natry nyo na pong i-change yung HDMI cable?  Yung gamit kong cable came from sir Anya. Sir the TV that you used for 3008 is the Samsung/Syntax?  Baka lang po pwede niyo i-try with your bedroom TV yung 3008-Xtreamer combo.

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1528 on: May 03, 2011 at 04:07 AM »
Hi Sir Nogie.  I've been quiet because as you know very AVR I got from you is a Pioneer, and I honestly do know know what those compatibility modes are for.

Yeah the pass through ability is sorely missing.  Hopefully it will be forthcoming in FW 3.0.   Has anyone tried using the XTreamer in USB slave mode?  The PRO has it but I've not tried it. 
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1529 on: May 03, 2011 at 10:53 AM »
Does the LG355 have any Optical input?
Try connecting the audio using that and I'm sure that you'll get the full sound.
I've been using that method before I got my AVR.
With analog signals, depending on the file coding, I sometimes don't get the full audio. What you're hearing is just the sound that's supposed to go to the surrounds.

no sir walang optical ang lg355. pero dati may boses ngayon wala na.
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes