Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 407597 times)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer can be used as a portable hard drive
« Reply #90 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 08:54 PM »
It should be possible to buy a 500GB WD 2.5" HDD for P4,600 or less.

I was told that an Xtreamer with an internal hard drive can be be used as a portable HDD, powered by USB alone.  Haven't tried it myself though.

Now how convenient is that... if the above is true, you can bring the Xtreamer to any PC and transfer files without having to bring the power adapter.  No need to search for a power outlet! Yehey!

Has anybody tried this yet? Dont have internal 2.5..

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
No need to reserve, but...
« Reply #91 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 10:19 PM »
thanks for the info sir.

do I just go to your shop and buy the product? or kelangan pa reserve or something like that?

thanks!

No need to reserve, but do try to purchase your Xtreamer sooner rather than later.  They're moving pretty fast.  Will send you a PM on how to proceed.

Thanks!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
No HDMI handshake problem with Denon 2309 AVR
« Reply #92 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 11:24 PM »
Have just received a message from an Xtreamer user, indicating that there is no HDMI handshaking problem with his Denon 2309 AVR.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer User Manual - click on the link
« Reply #93 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM »
Click on the link for your digital copy of the Xtreamer User Manual
http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer/xtreamer_UseManual_final.pdf

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Xtreamer User Manual - click on the link
« Reply #94 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 01:03 PM »
Click on the link for your digital copy of the Xtreamer User Manual
http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer/xtreamer_UseManual_final.pdf

For realtek-based NMTs, that is one really attractive user interface!  ;D

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: No need to reserve, but...
« Reply #95 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 02:46 PM »
No need to reserve, but do try to purchase your Xtreamer sooner rather than later.  They're moving pretty fast.  Will send you a PM on how to proceed.

Thanks!

waiting for your PM.:D

Offline HD_MOVIES

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer - now in stock!
« Reply #96 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 02:49 PM »
tried transformers 2 (42GB) and no sweat! galing neto!

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #97 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 03:04 PM »
 ^ any comprehensive review sir HD movies  ;D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: No need to reserve, but...
« Reply #98 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 06:19 PM »
waiting for your PM.:D

Sorry, I thought I did PM you yesterday...

Will send again

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 06:49 PM »
tried transformers 2 (42GB) and no sweat! galing neto!

Can Megan Fox get any hotter?   ;D

Offline switi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 09:36 PM »
well i am lucky to have one which i bought from eric.
wala ako masabi, it beats the wdtv and egreatm34a hands down. fast recognition of usb sources, fast boot-up. pure quality is the same as any other nmt's. The GUI is so simple yet very intuitive. setup was a no-brainer.
Initially I cannot pump audio to my AV receiver but selecting HDMI audio to (OFF), sound was redirected to the Optical cable and DTS 6.1 came alive in my room! ahahaha. To listen to HDMI audio to your tv just select again HDMI (ON), and no sound comes out of your optical cable, only through HDMI.

over all, it is a great product for me. galing nito, none of the problems i think from other new realtek nmts.
yamaha rxv640 PS3 B&W 602 egreat34a wdtv panapv8 and now XTREAMER

Offline switi

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 09:59 PM »
oh ! minor issue, the space between the HDMI and Optical out is so close such that it is hard to connect a fat optical cable. >:(
yamaha rxv640 PS3 B&W 602 egreat34a wdtv panapv8 and now XTREAMER

Offline leftover

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #102 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 10:35 PM »
the box itself is sealed, doesnt look like cheap :). Furthermore the free hdmi cable can pass as of high quality, parang hindi 'made in china'.  ;D

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #103 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM »
This is my choice among the realtek players .. It's got a good interface and should become better if they come true with the firmware update w/ SDK 2

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 10:58 PM »
Hi!
 1. Can I play music in the background while viewing Photos or make a Slideshow with transitions and music?
 2. How much power does it consume i.e. Watts consumed per hour?
 3. Can this download Bit torrent files directly, w/o a PC, if attached to the internet like the Cinematube?
 4. Is there a built in internet browser to surf the net without a PC? Can I access Facebook and all its
    applications?
 5. I have a USB Wifi dongle from CD-r king already. Will it work with the Xtreamer?
 6. Will this work without an internal HDD?
 7. If I connect a powered USB Hub and have several USB devices connected to the hub at the same time,
     i.e. HDD and Flash drives, will all be recognized and accessible?
 8. I plan to use this in a non-airconditioned room, so how hot and noisy does it get? Can I use it for 12Hrs
    straight during the day without any problems or worries that it will overheat?
It should be possible to buy a 500GB WD 2.5" HDD for P4,600 or less.

I was told that an Xtreamer with an internal hard drive can be be used as a portable HDD, powered by USB alone.  Haven't tried it myself though.

Now how convenient is that... if the above is true, you can bring the Xtreamer to any PC and transfer files without having to bring the power adapter.  No need to search for a power outlet! Yehey!

Is this true? Can you test this for us?

10. You said that it has the more advanced RTD1283DD chip unlike the other NMTs. How is it more
      advanced? Is it faster or consumes less power or does it accept more audio and video codecs?

11. Will you be willing to meet in SM Megamall or Robinsons Galleria or in Katipunan Ave.? C.O.D of course. :)

TIA
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2009 at 11:04 PM by SpdrMky77 »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer can be used as a portable hard drive
« Reply #105 on: Oct 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM »
Has anybody tried this yet? Dont have internal 2.5..

I must have misunderstood the Xtreamer guy.  If you attach your Xtreamer to a PC using a USB slave cable, YOU WILL NEED THE POWER ADAPTER.

I have indicated the same in my original post.  Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news.

Offline jake111

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 12:16 AM »
got my xtreamer today...im impress with the performance. but still figuring out other stuff that extreamer can really do! thanks eric!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 09:16 AM »
In black font:
Hi!

In red font:  reply from Bitstream

1. Can I play music in the background while viewing Photos or make a Slideshow with transitions and music?
I haven't tried yet, will post if I get around to it

2. How much power does it consume i.e. Watts consumed per hour?
Less than 1 watt in stand-by, 11 watts when streaming, in NAS operation, etc.

3. Can this download Bit torrent files directly, w/o a PC, if attached to the internet like the Cinematube?
Xtreamer promised a Bittorrent client, but on a different occasion said that they will not offer one.  Still no definitive answer.  I believe that the Xtreamer community will probably have one soon.  In fact, someone has already developed an NZBGET client for those who download files from Usenet groups.  Usenet is way faster than Bittorrent.

4. Is there a built in internet browser to surf the net without a PC? Can I access Facebook and all its
    applications?
No. Internet browsers require much more powerful CPU's and software to handle the variety of web pages and rich media on the internet.  You'll have a more rewarding experience browsing the internet from your PC, with a keyboard and a mouse.

5. I have a USB Wifi dongle from CD-r king already. Will it work with the Xtreamer?
Probably not.  The USB Wireless-N dongle used by the Xtreamer has a Realtek chip in it.  The Xtreamer has a driver that allows access to it.  Unless CD-R King uses the same chipset, it's unlikely that it will work.

6. Will this work without an internal HDD?
Yes, it will work without an internal hard disk.  External hard disks can be accessed over the network in read/write mode.  You can also stream content to the Xtreamer from your PC.  Oh yeah... you can also pull in streaming content from the internet (e.g. YouTube, CNN, BBC, Fox, CNET TV, Cranky Geeks, etc)

7. If I connect a powered USB Hub and have several USB devices connected to the hub at the same time,
     i.e. HDD and Flash drives, will all be recognized and accessible?
Yes

8. I plan to use this in a non-airconditioned room, so how hot and noisy does it get? Can I use it for 12Hrs
    straight during the day without any problems or worries that it will overheat?
That depends on the ambient temperature in your room, in the first place.  You can control the Xtreamer's internal fan speed - but if your room is hot, the air that you draw into the Xtreamer won't be as efficient in keeping it cool.  As for noise... in a room with dead silence, you can hear the fan.  You will hear the fan if you're actively seeking to hear it, especially if you crank up the fan speed.  Give it some time; soon, you won't notice it at all.  The fan on my PC makes way more noise than the tiny fan at the bottom of the Xtreamer.

9. "I was told that an Xtreamer with an internal hard drive can be be used as a portable HDD, powered by USB alone.  Haven't tried it myself though."
Is this true? Can you test this for us?
I posted my findings about this earlier. You need the power adapter when using the Xtreamer as a portable drive.

10. You said that it has the more advanced RTD1283DD chip unlike the other NMTs. How is it more
      advanced? Is it faster or consumes less power or does it accept more audio and video codecs?
Pls refer to the post Realtek 1207 vs 1283DD Chipsets in this forum

11. Will you be willing to meet in SM Megamall or Robinsons Galleria or in Katipunan Ave.? C.O.D of course. :)
Sorry, but my work sked makes meet-ups impractical. To keep the cost of the Xtreamer down, it's more advantageous if we ship to you by courier of if you pick it up.  The nearest pick-up point to Robinsons Galleria is at an office along Wilson St. in Greenhills (very near the corner of Ortigas Ave.); this must be pre-arranged as it is not a retail location.  We can ship to you by next-day courier, for a P300 flat-fee within Metro-Manila.

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2009 at 09:34 AM by Bitstream »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 09:23 AM »
got my xtreamer today...im impress with the performance. but still figuring out other stuff that extreamer can really do! thanks eric!

I'm glad you're happy with its performance.  Don't forget to update your firmware to Ver. 1.0.3.1

... and keep an eye out for Ver. 2.0 which is expected within the next few days.  Keep your fingers crossed that there won't be a delay.

Offline keymaker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 08:44 PM »
Sir bitstream,

Can this be used as a PVR? If not, will future firmware updates enable it to be used as a PVR?

Is the fan sturdy? Will you be selling replacement remotes in the future, just in case?

Offline catgreg2k2

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #110 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 09:55 PM »
guys pasensya na sana wag nyo isipin hi-jack ito. just wondering kung compatible yung wifi adapter nito sa  HDPro. Sorry can't afford to buy another nmt so if ever may makapagconfirm kung pwede wifi nito sa HDpro pwede po ba wifi lang bilhin ko? thanks.
Onkyo TXNR509
Polk RTi-A7
Polk RTi-CS6
Polk DSW 660wi
Wharf Diamond 8.1
NAD 320Bee
Wharf Diamond 9.2

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 10:14 PM »
Sir bitstream,

Can this be used as a PVR? If not, will future firmware updates enable it to be used as a PVR?

Is the fan sturdy? Will you be selling replacement remotes in the future, just in case?

From the REALTEK website:
RTD1262/1282
The RTD1262/1282 additionally features Hybrid TV signal handling that combines analog and digital TV. It supports DVB-T/ATSC/NTSC/PAL/SECAM reception, recording, and timeshifting, enhanced media codec support, and provides an integrated HDMI transmitter.
The upcoming RTD1283 will include support for more high definition AV formats, such as H.264, VC-1, RM, etc, and will integrate more advanced interfaces.

The hardware has the capability of analog/digital signal decode and encode. However, Xtreamer's boss advised that the company has no current plans of developing PVR software.

Keep your fingers crossed that somebody in the user community will decide to port over a PVR application. Can't tell if it will happen... but it's a possibility.

On the fan... I haven't seen any reports of fan failures.  I suppose the fans are built to last. I wouldn't worry too much about this.  Spare fans will be available if needed.

On the remote control...yes, spares will be available if needed.  Take note also, that the Xtreamer is supported by Logitech Harmony remote controls.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 10:17 PM »
Ows nasa Harmony database na din as of now?! Wow this is great news hehe
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline andrei

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 12:11 AM »
non-nmt user here but the feedback and reviews sound ok. masubukan :)

sir bitstream  ygpm

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 12:25 AM »
non-nmt user here but the feedback and reviews sound ok. masubukan :)

sir bitstream  ygpm

answered...

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 01:28 AM »
@Bitstream..pwede po bang kabitan thru usb ng optical drive (dvd-rom, bd-rom..etc?) ang Xtreamer?

Thanks..:)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #116 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 06:57 AM »

From the REALTEK website:
RTD1262/1282
The RTD1262/1282 additionally features Hybrid TV signal handling that combines analog and digital TV. It supports DVB-T/ATSC/NTSC/PAL/SECAM reception, recording, and timeshifting, enhanced media codec support, and provides an integrated HDMI transmitter.
The upcoming RTD1283 will include support for more high definition AV formats, such as H.264, VC-1, RM, etc, and will integrate more advanced interfaces.

The hardware has the capability of analog/digital signal decode and encode. However, Xtreamer's boss advised that the company has no current plans of developing PVR software.

Keep your fingers crossed that somebody in the user community will decide to port over a PVR application. Can't tell if it will happen... but it's a possibility.

On the fan... I haven't seen any reports of fan failures.  I suppose the fans are built to last. I wouldn't worry too much about this.  Spare fans will be available if needed.

On the remote control...yes, spares will be available if needed.  Take note also, that the Xtreamer is supported by Logitech Harmony remote controls.

How do you program the Logitech Harmony One to support Xtreamer?

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #117 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 06:58 AM »
guys pasensya na sana wag nyo isipin hi-jack ito. just wondering kung compatible yung wifi adapter nito sa  HDPro. Sorry can't afford to buy another nmt so if ever may makapagconfirm kung pwede wifi nito sa HDpro pwede po ba wifi lang bilhin ko? thanks.

nope, I don't think so. You are better off connecting one of the wifi-N dongles being sold at CDRKing to your HDPro

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #118 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 07:32 AM »
How do you program the Logitech Harmony One to support Xtreamer?

use the logitech software on your pc. you can go to add device. for xstreamer, i believe they will put it on the media pc category (am not sure about this, but they put the popcorn there). so type in the brand name, model and category. then the software should do the set up automatically.

Offline catgreg2k2

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #119 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 09:08 AM »
nope, I don't think so. You are better off connecting one of the wifi-N dongles being sold at CDRKing to your HDPro

@jack
sir, na try nyo na po ba gamitin yung sa CDR-King? PM namann kung anong model/brand nung wifi dongle. thanks.
Onkyo TXNR509
Polk RTi-A7
Polk RTi-CS6
Polk DSW 660wi
Wharf Diamond 8.1
NAD 320Bee
Wharf Diamond 9.2