Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 142852 times)

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
hi john. na install mo na 2nd hdd mo?  I bought another WD 1.5tb at amazon for only 4k.. sale yesterday.. including shipping lalabas 4.5k lang..  ;D ;D ;D

nice catch doc! nde pede yan sa hating kapatid scheme ;D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
nice catch doc! nde pede yan sa hating kapatid scheme ;D

Gold Box Deal last night pero expired na..  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline looks

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
puede sir under Settings->Service->CIFS

yun pala.. i miised it. thank you  :)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
my eTrayz had been with me for quite some time, and been using it for storage and LAN video streaming on my TVIX player ... but i haven't really had a chance to work on it, till yesterday ... i just can't seem to get the Internet accessibility working - cannot access the eTrayz using the DDNS

not sure if the ports are blocked by my ISP, i'm using PLDT DSL ... have anyone of you guys have it working?  please share your setup ... i've tried port forwarding and DMZ but nothing seems to work ...torrent download and magauploads are working normally however

TIA
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
my eTrayz had been with me for quite some time, and been using it for storage and LAN video streaming on my TVIX player ... but i haven't really had a chance to work on it, till yesterday ... i just can't seem to get the Internet accessibility working - cannot access the eTrayz using the DDNS

not sure if the ports are blocked by my ISP, i'm using PLDT DSL ... have anyone of you guys have it working?  please share your setup ... i've tried port forwarding and DMZ but nothing seems to work ...torrent download and magauploads are working normally however

TIA

hi sir raptor, mine works. i used dmz, and just use the etrayz set-up wizard to configure the nas and the router to the specified ip address and the ddns http://xxxx.myetrayz.net:8080 and it works. can access my etrayz through my office internet and even through my weroam.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
hi sir raptor, mine works. i used dmz, and just use the etrayz set-up wizard to configure the nas and the router to the specified ip address and the ddns http://xxxx.myetrayz.net:8080 and it works. can access my etrayz through my office internet and even through my weroam.

sir, what is your ISP at home?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
sir, what is your ISP at home?

bayantel sir raptor.

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hi raptor. PLDT DSL user here too. the internet accessibility is working naman. naka static ba IP add ng etrayz mo?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
First time to access my etrayz dito sa clinic ko.. ang bagal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
Hi raptor. PLDT DSL user here too. the internet accessibility is working naman. naka static ba IP add ng etrayz mo?

Yes sir on static IP ... i'll probably have to reset everything again ... i'll be adding a hard disk anyway and may have to reset everything - i originally have it set for RAID1, and setting it to RAID0 would require reformat - good thing that the contents i have in my eTrayz are only duplicates.

Sir, can you please share your setup, just in case i cannot get it working ... in my case i'm using a Linksys WRT150N router ... IP address of my router is 10.10.10.1, and the static IP address of my eTrayz is 10.10.10.103 (wired connection) ...tried both DMZ and port forwarding, no success so far...i must admit that my initial setup using the wizard was quite messy as I had to do some retries after my initial mail test did not work ... my PLDT DSL modem's IP is 192.168.1.1 (i'm able to access this, but there's very little settings to change).

I have a Globe Tattoo which I use to test connection, but no success ... it's on the forums that it is not possible to connect from the internal network using the DDNS, but I tried it anyway - result was I'm directed to the web interface of the PLDT DSL modem when trying to reach it from inside network.

TIA :)

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
hmm.. 1st step is enabling the dmz and setting DMZ Host IP Address to 10.10.10.103. then you should get your external ip address. http://www.whatismyip.com/. and that's it. ex.  http://119.96.190.40:8080.

I didn't change the settings in my pldt's modem settings. on my router, I just enabled the dmz and the port forwarding and that's it.

also the gateway of your etrayz should be 10.10.10.1
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2010 at 10:31 AM by looks »

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
check also the dns server in the etrayz when you set it to static ip. dapat meron. that's the one thing I forgot to put in kaya nagkaprob ako sa outside connection.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2010 at 11:07 AM by looks »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
hmm.. 1st step is enabling the dmz and setting DMZ Host IP Address to 10.10.10.103. then you should get your external ip address. http://www.whatismyip.com/. and that's it. ex.  http://119.96.190.40:8080.

I didn't change the settings in my pldt's modem settings. on my router, I just enabled the dmz and the port forwarding and that's it.

also the gateway of your etrayz should be 10.10.10.1

i have this setup on my router and eTrayz already

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
check also the dns server in the etrayz when you set it to static ip. dapat meron. that's the one thing I forgot to put in kaya nagkaprob ako sa outside connection.

this is probably what i'm missing ... i do not remember setting a DNS on my eTrayz ...i was relying on my router and DSL modem DNS setup ... i'll check this tonight ...thanks a lot :)

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
Glad to help out. I hope you resolve the problem. update us nalang.  :)

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
Glad to help out. I hope you resolve the problem. update us nalang.  :)

what DNS did you use in the setup? internal or the outside DNS? i have mine setup as 192.168.1.1 ... also tried the DNS of PLDT, but did not work ...i'm now set to reset everything to factory default and run the setup wizard again

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
the external dns. mine is 124.104.135.68

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
no luck in having my eTrayz accessible over the Internet even after the reset ... regarding the DNS, i noted that when i try to set the DNS to the external DNS of my ISP, i could no longer set the internal gateway ... i'll try to post the diagram and configuration of my setup later ... all functions are working however, including external mail, torrent and edownloader  >:(

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
no luck in having my eTrayz accessible over the Internet even after the reset ... regarding the DNS, i noted that when i try to set the DNS to the external DNS of my ISP, i could no longer set the internal gateway ... i'll try to post the diagram and configuration of my setup later ... all functions are working however, including external mail, torrent and edownloader  >:(

sir, did you use port forwarding or dmz. initially i used port forwarding first and cant get it to work. i eventually used dmz and it work. i also just used the set up wizard to set the whole thing up and it works.

when the etrayz says its dns is 192.168.1.100:8080, i just set the dmz on my router as 192.168.1.100 then set the ddns on the setup wizard to http: your_name.myetrayz.net, when the wizard accepts this. i tried using my we roam to connect and it good. i dont have to set the external dns of my isp.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
sir, did you use port forwarding or dmz. initially i used port forwarding first and cant get it to work. i eventually used dmz and it work. i also just used the set up wizard to set the whole thing up and it works.

when the etrayz says its dns is 192.168.1.100:8080, i just set the dmz on my router as 192.168.1.100 then set the ddns on the setup wizard to http: your_name.myetrayz.net, when the wizard accepts this. i tried using my we roam to connect and it good. i dont have to set the external dns of my isp.

Problem could be with my ISP ... tried port forwarding and DMZ but no luck ...below is my eTrayz and router setting using DMZ

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hi raptor,

ok naman ang settings. if it can access the internet then there's no problem in the dns. inaaccess mo ba through the internet using the same computer? if yes, baka sa settings ng windows lang prob. if you can provide me your ddns or external ip, pag naka on yung etrayz mo, pwede ko itry, if you like.  :)

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
Hi raptor,

ok naman ang settings. if it can access the internet then there's no problem in the dns. inaaccess mo ba through the internet using the same computer? if yes, baka sa settings ng windows lang prob. if you can provide me your ddns or external ip, pag naka on yung etrayz mo, pwede ko itry, if you like.  :)

i'm online now ... my current IP is 122.53.171.43 ... DDNS name is ben10.myetrayz.net ... i'll be online sir up to past midnight

i'm accessing it using another PC connected to another ISP (Globe Tattoo) and on my BlackBerry device which is subscribed to Smart, but no luck ... if I try to access it inside my network, I'm reaching the admin menu of the PLDT DSL modem

i really can't find anything wrong with the setup

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
hi,

you're right. that's wierd. kasi gumagana naman yung etrayz mo. I can ping your ddns  ben10.myetrayz.net and nag rereply yung dns mo na 122.53.171.43 w/c means gumagana yung dmz.

my guess is binblock yung port 8080 ng modem ng dsl mo since tama nmn yung config sa router mo. or try changing the default port sa etrayz.. bka sa kali lang mag work..

try mo rin activate UPnP setting ng etrayz mo plus yung UPnP Forwarding ng router.

anong brand ng pldt modem mo? mine is ZyXEL p600.. wala nmn na ako configure sa knya.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2010 at 07:47 AM by looks »

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Has anyone tried wired LAN streaming videos to a Popcorn A-200 from an Etrayz?  I'd like to know if there are no stuttering issues with this combo. 

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Just sharing my Etrayz encounters... I tried to place a usb connected HDD to Etrayz.  It seemed to make the etrayz webpage crawl because when I removed the disk it returned to its normal pace.  I also tried  playing mkvs from the external disk via NETSHARES. For the 720ps no stuttering happened  but when it comes to 1080p major stuttering occured.  
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2010 at 02:54 PM by comet »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
Just sharing my Etrayz encounters... I tried to place a usb connected HDD to Etrayz.  It seemed to make the etrayz webpage crawl because when I removed the disk it returned to its normal pace.  I also tried  playing mkvs from the external disk via NETSHARES. For the 720ps no stuttering happened  but when it comes to 1080p major stuttering occured.  

same for me.

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
i'm online now ... my current IP is 122.53.171.43 ... DDNS name is ben10.myetrayz.net ... i'll be online sir up to past midnight

i'm accessing it using another PC connected to another ISP (Globe Tattoo) and on my BlackBerry device which is subscribed to Smart, but no luck ... if I try to access it inside my network, I'm reaching the admin menu of the PLDT DSL modem

i really can't find anything wrong with the setup

I'm not familiar with PLDT's broadband setup, however, based on your description that you are able to reach the admin menu of PLDT's dsl  modem instead of your xtreamer, then this means that the dsl modem is acting as a nat/router as well, and is probably using port 8080 for its web admin.  You might need to do port forwarding on the dsl modem as well.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
I'm not familiar with PLDT's broadband setup, however, based on your description that you are able to reach the admin menu of PLDT's dsl  modem instead of your xtreamer, then this means that the dsl modem is acting as a nat/router as well, and is probably using port 8080 for its web admin.  You might need to do port forwarding on the dsl modem as well.

sir, i'm reaching the PLDT DSL modem console when i only type the url without the port 8080 ":8080" ... i'm only getting an error page when i include the port

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
What type of DSL connection do you have (DHCP, PPPoE, PPPoA, etc)? Is your DSL username and password saved on your router? What is the make and model of your modem?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
What type of DSL connection do you have (DHCP, PPPoE, PPPoA, etc)? Is your DSL username and password saved on your router? What is the make and model of your modem?

Sir, connection type is DHCP (PLDT DSL), no need to setup or enter username/password ... the modem brand and model is DareGlobal DSL120 ... following are the only configurable items on the modem (note that these are the actual screenshots of my modem config) -