Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 156223 times)

Offline yeaboi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
thanks for the reply scifi-fan! so i guess a higher connection speed would be my only solution to torrents.

re: my hdds, they are ntfs formatted and my nmt apps are on a stick like yours. i just don't know how to access the drive when i plug it in through the usb port. do i need a special software? do i have to reboot? i want to transfer the movies in my laptop to the pch but i don't want the hassle of removing the screws just to access the drive...

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
If you are a windows user it should be recognized immediately since ntfs is native to windows.

If you are a Mac user like me, you need to install a driver for Mac os to read and write to ntfs partitions.

Google ntfs-3G free

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
@sci-fan or anyone who can help:

I accidentally deleted an ISO file on an external USB drive (NTFS) using the PCH-A200. Is there a way I can recover the file? I accessed the drive in Windows XP to check the recycle bin but it's not there.  Thanks!

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I think the time required to recover it is the same as just re-ripping the BD.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Audio CD backup is now available as an App for the A200 & A210.

You'll need to attach a USB CD/DVD/BD ROM drive to your unit for it to work though.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Hirap basahin ng post :(

Anyway...

Have you run the firmware recovery process described here;

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/index.php/Firmware_Recovery_A-200

But before that reset your video to AUTO by doing this;

Press TV Mode, release, wait 2 seconds, and press 1 for NTSC or 2 for PAL

Make sure you connect the video using composite or component cable.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Ok... let's take it slow.

1. Leave Cover OFF
2. When you attach power does the fan still spin?

IF Fan not running, then it can either be power supply at fault. Looking at the power brick, it's fairly common rating meaning powered USB 3.5" drive enclosure power supplies will probably work.

3. If you said totally dead ang output using your TV, do you have another set you can try. For debugging purposes, I use the most basic set (CRT) using composite video (single yellow RCA cable).

4. if there is a jumper on the motherboard, the board will boot with a BLUE screen that says firmware recovery, insert USB stick etc etc.

Offline Allan_2180

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Ok... let's take it slow.

1. Leave Cover OFF

IF Fan not running, then it can either be power supply at fault. Looking at the power brick, it's fairly common rating meaning powered USB 3.5" drive enclosure power supplies will probably work.

3. If you said totally dead ang output using your TV, do you have another set you can try. For debugging purposes, I use the most basic set (CRT) using composite video (single yellow RCA cable).

4. if there is a jumper on the motherboard, the board will boot with a BLUE screen that says firmware recovery, insert USB stick etc etc.

>Yes, it is spinning, nothing unusual.

>tried this one already... still no signal coming out in any of the video connectors, as if the unit is off.

>tried putting jumper(jumper from my old DVD Rom used to select Master or Slave config)the unit boots up and still no blue screen on all video output( HDMI, Composite, Component )...
as one of the moderators from networkedmediatank.com said: " Same as any device there is a small risk when flashing firmware and any electrical device (could) fail " probably I'm one of the unlucky ones.

I hope the supplier will replace my board for a small fee than to buy a new one...
Panasonic 42ST30
Optoma HD33
PCH-A200
Yamaha Aventage A810
Wharfedale 9.6+9CM+9DFS
US Audio 512D

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 477
I bought a PCH last month and I have tried the NMJ which is amusing (nakaka-aliw) and yesterday, I also tried the app store, with help from our fellow members.Thanks guys, I'm a non-techie kasi e... So far, I have youtube, facebook and cnet tv.

Ang weird lang sa NMJ, first time I used it, may mga movie posters  na di nakuha. When I turned it on again, without accessing the internet, lumabas na yung missing posters like Spiderman 1 and 2. When I tried it again, may nawala uli!

Yung comment ko naman sa youtube app, sana mas may control sa pag-play like go back to start or zoom out...
yung facebook naman, pwede mo lang pala makita yung mga updates but you can't post or comment.
Cnet tv is cool. Love the menu!

I can access my documents on the PC thru d-Link's network magic , but how do I access the pch from my computer?

Offline KARTOG

• Collector
  • lurkin' since 2002
  • Liked:
I think you have to run NMT Apps->Samba so you can access your PCH-A210's storage over your LAN.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 477
^uy, thanks! sige will try it.

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Aluminum case for A200 owners!
« Reply #581 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 02:05 PM »
Good news to all A-200 owners, we hear your requests and
the upgrade kit for A-210 aluminum case is available now.
Face-lift your A-200 with a brand new design, which is both
beautiful and provides better heat dissipation .

Limited Stocks!

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2654
magkano sir?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
magkano sir?

SRP 2.2k PDVD members price: 2k only

just pm me :)

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
SRP 2.2k PDVD members price: 2k only

just pm me :)

madali ba ilipat sir from the plastic case to the aluminum one?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
madali ba ilipat sir from the plastic case to the aluminum one?

I'm so happy and contented with the performance of my A200 right now that I don't even have time to look at it at all.  Nood lang ng nood sa plasma   3D nalang ang hindi ko tested.  Tsaka pa yon  ;D

Bili nalang tayo ng A210 Anya?

Tip:  Para hindi nakakainip mag-initialize if too many HDDs are connected simultaneously, I turn on the A200 with only 1 HDD powered muna, and then once the main screen is displayed, then I turn on the other HDDs one at a time. I use powered USB hub na capable of 10 USB connections.  Works well.  Wala lang.  hehehe 

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I'm so happy and contented with the performance of my A200 right now that I don't even have time to look at it at all.  Nood lang ng nood sa plasma   3D nalang ang hindi ko tested.  Tsaka pa yon  ;D

Bili nalang tayo ng A210 Anya?

Tip:  Para hindi nakakainip mag-initialize if too many HDDs are connected simultaneously, I turn on the A200 with only 1 HDD powered muna, and then once the main screen is displayed, then I turn on the other HDDs one at a time. I use powered USB hub na capable of 10 USB connections.  Works well.  Wala lang.  hehehe 

iniisip ko pa if papalitan ko ung casing madalas kasi nakatapat sa ventilation ng aircon ung a200 ;D

Offline joshwachubby

• Collector
  • Liked:
Pm sent sa case :) yahoo at last di na maingay ang PCH A200 ko . .:)
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708
Polk Audio RTi A7's, CSi A6's, FXi A4's; DSW PRO 500 Subwoofer

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Has anyone been able to view those high def broadcasts (mkvs and TS) of the Royal Wedding using their A200 (or any other standalone media make and chipset for that matter?).  My wife is rather disappointed that the A200 would not show any video but only audio - have tried remuxing repeatedly with no success at all.  So we end up re-watching the pageantry using the PC on a smaller TV instead.  

I also notice the same anomaly mostly with encodes of UK shows (including TV series).  I dont recall the A200 being this picky on "homebrew" mkvs prior to my recent upgrade of the FW...Hmmmmm.  Perhaps I should try reverting the FW just to isolate the problem.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011 at 09:01 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Sir Clondakin,

press INFO button when viewing these files.

IF they are shown to have 25fps then it's a known problem.

A quick fix is to change the video output to 1080i to be able to view them without video dropouts and judder.

I'm using a beta firmware now that fixed it so expect it to make it to public firmware for the A200.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Sir Clondakin,

press INFO button when viewing these files.

IF they are shown to have 25fps then it's a known problem.

A quick fix is to change the video output to 1080i to be able to view them without video dropouts and judder.

I'm using a beta firmware now that fixed it so expect it to make it to public firmware for the A200.

Thanks for the usual informative reply scifi-fan!  I think you're right.  Many European HD broadcasts use 1440x1080i or 1920x1080i (25fps, 50Hz) depending on bandwidth constraints.  I tried 1080i but still getting "Resolution Error" displayed via the AVR (the signal is passed through as is through the AVR).   I was thinking of re-connecting the TV and the A200 directly via HDMI but I got lazy because the AVR is now serving as main hub of other media sources/players, including the sound of the TV itself via Audio Return Channel.

I tried the other option which was to set the video output to PAL or 576P but then my Japanese TV doesn't support that and I totally lost all signal due to "Resolution Error".  So I had to use the old HD-CRT to restore the previous video settings.   However, the workaround may be effective with HDTVs in Manila which, AFAIK, are multi-system. 

Offline joshwachubby

• Collector
  • Liked:
finally received and installed the a-210 chassis kit. .now my a200 is quiet and can be now considered as a-210  . . .. :)  :)
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708
Polk Audio RTi A7's, CSi A6's, FXi A4's; DSW PRO 500 Subwoofer

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Fixed the 25fps issue by simply turning off Framerate Synch.  What is the relevance of that setting anyway?

I knew it was simply an A200 setting issue as I tested the BBC and UK shows I had fully watched the past 2 years and found out that their video couldnt display no more.   Simplest solution - reset to factory settings - that changed my Framerate Synch setting from (previously) NTSC/PAL to OFF.   Problem solved  ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011 at 06:46 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Framerate sync allows those with multi system sets to be able to playback different sources easily.

In our case sa pinas, most displays sold here are multi system so it should be set to NTSC/PAL and if one has a 24p capable display to set it to NTSC/PAL/24p.

In regards to the 25fps issue, the C200 firmware to fix it has just been released so expect the A200 to follow within the next couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011 at 10:20 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I have to admit that what appears to be Full BD-J Menu capability of the new S-series Egreats is making me envious. 

Since PCH does not seem to be willing to "activate" that specific feature on the A200/A210 (even though the hardware should be fully capable) in order to maintain the discrimination in favor of the C200, will "crossflashing" the C200 firmware into the A200/A210 SAFELY do the trick?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Ok Im doing the crossflashing after my wife goes back to Manila next month, with USB stick for NMT apps.  Personally, I'd rather lose the internal SATA HDD than not have BD-J Menu. 

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
World's No.1 NMT with continuous support :D
« Reply #596 on: May 27, 2011 at 09:51 PM »
you may now download the latest firmware at http://support.popcornhour.com

Release date : 27 May 2011
Firmware version : 02-04-110519-21-POP-411-000

1. Still same NMT apps 02-04-101104-21-POP-411
2. BD/AVCHD/DVD/CDDA
   - Fixed ISO and BD playback fail from USB, when started through certain flash app
3. Video and Audio playback
   - Fixed 3D output failure due to incorrect filename parsing (Bug #5002069/#0000541)
   - Fixed stuttering 25fps H264 video in MKV (Bug #5001993)
   - workaround incorrect PCM/WAV detection (Bug #5001942/#0000161)
   - AVI chunk data handling of padding to even boundary (Bug #5002058/#0000531)
   - Fixed FLAC playback random crashed due to stack violation (Bug #5002065/#0000539)
   - Fixed framerate sync issue with video-only file (Bug #5001539)
   - Fixed for small glitches during FLAC gapless (Bug #5001646)
   - External SRT subtitle "index.srt" loaded as default subtitle for simpleBD
   - Fixed wrong positioning of SSA subtitle text with move tag (Bug #5001944)
   - Fix Arabic character shaping issue (Bug #5002053/#0000272)
   - Fixed ability to extract Dolby Digital (AC3) core from TrueHD stream,
     can bitstream and downmix now.
   - Fixed an VOBSUB in MKV crash issue
4. Networked Media JukeBox (NMJ)
   - NFO file issue fixed
   - Fixed NMJ Scanning hangs occasionally when parsing certain MKV
5. System/Network
   - German translation changes
   - Fixed crash when click on GPL link in "open source license" screen
   - Fixed "moving up/PageUp from webservices with multiple pages generates an error" (Bug #5001534)
   - Fixed certain Audio CD ripping failed, due to special character in filename (Bug #5002061)
   - Added manual setting of YCbCr colorspace (BT.601 and BT.709)
   - Added Auto YCbCr colorspace.
   - Fixed Adaptive de-interlace.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
after updating the firmware meron pa rin talaga movies na di lumalabas ung subtitles pero pag sa pc iplay meron
sana maaddress nila ito sa next firmware update  :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
after updating the firmware meron pa rin talaga movies na di lumalabas ung subtitles pero pag sa pc iplay meron
sana maaddress nila ito sa next firmware update  :)

Hi Anya,
Download mo lang yung freeware na SubtitleEdit tapos open the problematic subtitle file, change the encoding to UTF-8, re-save (kung ASS or SSA or whatever other acronym, change it to SRT).   Then tsaka mo palang kopyahin sa HDD mo to be connected to your A200.   That would solve the problem (in most cases).

Kung gusto mo naman tamain yung synch/timing, use the freeware Aegis Sub.

Offline beelzeboul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
bakit kaya yung a200 namin pag galing sa nmj tapos nag stanby mode tapos pag pnower on ulet yung nmj eh maliit na? hindi na siya full screen parang nakawindow view na. mafifix ko lang pag nag cold boot ako.