Author Topic: C.S.I. on AXN  (Read 21995 times)

Offline Ikiru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
Re:C.S.I. on AXN
« Reply #150 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 01:37 PM »
Did Grissom have a thing for Sara?  Season 2 dialogue:

Sara:  Since when did you become interested in beauty?
Grissom:  Since I met you.           :-*

In one of the later Season 3 episodes, Sara asks Grissom out to dinner. Unfortunately, Grissom stubbornly wanted to keep the professional distance between them.

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 01:39 PM »
I also recall it was Grissom who called in Sara Sidle to join the team after Holly Gribbs was shot. Looks like they've known each other from way back.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #152 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 01:47 PM »
I also recall it was Grissom who called in Sara Sidle to join the team after Holly Gribbs was shot. Looks like they've known each other from way back.

from what i recall... grissom mentioned in the pilot eposide that sara attended one of his lectures before.  ;)

BTW, is it just me... or are the producers TRYING to make gil grissom's character look a little more butch. i mean, that last shot with him in the firing range? what was THAT all about? did the ear operation hit some part of his brain? (add to that that he's a lot more hot-headed and the beard...) it was his cool kind of geekiness that attracted a lot of the audiences before... what's with the change? if we needed more testosterone in the show... warrick and nick can already provide that.  ???
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2004 at 01:49 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 02:00 PM »

BTW, is it just me... or are the producers TRYING to make gil grissom's character look a little more butch. i mean, that last shot with him in the firing range? what was THAT all about?

He had the beat cop whose badge was stolen and found in the sewer and the 2 surveillance cops all under suspicion, remember? The gun is more for his protection in the field since he knew the field cops won't be as protective of the field CSIs from hereon, particularly him, since Grissom had several of their own as suspects. Only Jim Brass was more forgiving.

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 02:02 PM »

My one sentence description of the series: CSI: Miami is a flashier CSI. The characters wear flashier clothes and they drive Hummers instead of Fords or Chevrolets.

Miami = flashier.

Remember Miami Vice.  :)

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 02:06 PM »
I agree - I was actually hoping for a Gil/Horatio encounter back in the cross-over launch.

This will never happen. William Petersen had been very vocal about his disapproval for having a Miami spin-off, and is as vocal against the New York spin-off. Hence, he didn't "cross over" to Miami in that episode.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 03:23 PM »
He had the beat cop whose badge was stolen and found in the sewer and the 2 surveillance cops all under suspicion, remember? The gun is more for his protection in the field since he knew the field cops won't be as protective of the field CSIs from hereon, particularly him, since Grissom had several of their own as suspects. Only Jim Brass was more forgiving.

uh yeah... that's true... i still smell something fishy. i doubt if ONE episode will make him go through such a personality change! i have to be honest. i don't like the direction his character is going. if you want edgy... horatio is already there. we don't need gil becoming horatio all of a sudden. gil made it cool to become a geek... and now he's brandishing a gun? puh-leez! :P

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 08:03 PM »
uh yeah... that's true... i still smell something fishy. i doubt if ONE episode will make him go through such a personality change! i have to be honest. i don't like the direction his character is going. if you want edgy... horatio is already there. we don't need gil becoming horatio all of a sudden. gil made it cool to become a geek... and now he's brandishing a gun? puh-leez! :P

I totally agree with every single word Spiff said.  Bring back my geek! :-\

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Feb 25, 2004 at 04:50 AM »
I totally agree with every single word Spiff said.  Bring back my geek! :-\

thanks cruzack! now at least i know i'm not the only one who's dissatisfied so far with the way gil's character has been written this season. i just think this way too much of a shift in his personality (so much that it's "out of character"!) if this was an attempt to make gil grissom more appealing to the ladies, somehow i don't think it'll work.  :)

if they wanna make gil look more like a stud-muffin... let him hook up with someone like lady heather.  :P :P

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: C.S.I. on AXN
« Reply #159 on: Jul 16, 2004 at 11:20 AM »
Bad news... :'(

CBS sacks 2 stars in 'CSI' salary flap
By Gary Levin, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — CSI has fired two cast members after they didn't show up for work in a salary dispute.

George Eads, who plays Nick Stokes, and Jorja Fox, who plays Sara Sidle, were dismissed by CBS Thursday, the first day of scheduled filming on the show's fifth season. Both had three years left in their current contracts. But as actors often do, they held out for bigger pay increases.

The network, which refused to comment, is said to already have begun casting replacement actors for similar roles. CBS chief Leslie Moonves appears to be setting a hard-line example by refusing to negotiate with actors still under contract, particularly those in supporting roles. Co-star Marg Helgenberger also is angling for more money, and although she called in sick Thursday, she is expected to return. The other actors, including William Petersen, were not affected.

CSI is TV's top drama, averaging nearly 27 million viewers. It is a critical asset to the network, which is preparing to launch a second spinoff, CSI: NY, this fall.

Offline crezi_munky

• Collector
  • I lived to watch you all die!
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Jul 17, 2004 at 08:53 AM »
Bad news... :'(

CBS is stupid to make this decision, just because of the salary

Offline MultipleAngles

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • BANZAI!
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Jul 23, 2004 at 12:56 AM »
According to this, George Eads had no ulterier motives for being absent for shooting, and he merely overslept that day.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2004 at 12:45 PM by MultipleAngles »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Jul 23, 2004 at 12:00 PM »
Oh wow, poor George Eads!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #163 on: Jul 23, 2004 at 02:27 PM »
Of course that's what he'll say now...

But I do give him the benefit of the doubt. He was on too many short-lived series for him to suddenly develop a walk-out attitude. He'd know better, seeing how hard it was for him to finally land on a hit show after years of struggling on shows like "Savannah" and "Grapevine".

Hey, all his shows are Studio 23 property locally.  ::)
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2004 at 03:19 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Jul 23, 2004 at 02:43 PM »
And the continuing real-life drama continues....

A Variety email alert says "CBS has rehired CSI star Jorja Fox and is talking to George Eads about a reprieve as well. Fox will be back on the set of CSI when the show resumes production next week, insiders said. The actress was axed last week when CBS execs believed she had failed to comply with a request to sign a letter stating she had no plans to skip work while she and several other thesps sought raises." An article at Yahoo added that "Thesp [Fox], via reps, has said she did return the letter but did so via mail rather than fax, making the entire incident a misunderstanding. It's unclear if CBS ever received Fox's form in the mail." It is believed Jorja will return at the same salary. However, for Eads, "it's too soon to say if he'll be back, but all signs Thursday afternoon pointed to an amicable resolution." CBS declined comment.

Looks like the two will be back after all, which is good news for the show.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #165 on: Jul 24, 2004 at 10:49 AM »
Short-lived drama. They're both back on the show, with NO pay increase.  ;D

From E! International:

Fox, Eads Back on "CSI" Beat
by Lia Haberman
Jul 23, 2004, 6:35 PM PT

The evidence is hard to ignore.

All clues point to Jorja Fox and George Eads rejoining CSI next week following a scuttled bid for a salary hike.

As previously reported by E!, Fox was tapped to return to CBS' forensic science thriller earlier this week. By late Friday, the network also confirmed that Eads, too, will be back. Both actors are due on set next week after reaching agreements with the network.

However, the actors will return without the salary boost she'd been hoping for. Both Fox and Eads had been offered an extra $20,000 on top of their $100,000-per-episode paychecks, according to the Hollywood Reporter, but the duo had pushed for more.

Instead, CBS pulled the plug on Fox and Eads last week after he skipped the first day of shooting for CSI's fifth season and she failed to sign a document promising she'd show up for work.

Now, they will return to work for the same money they had been earning before CBS called her bluff, per the Reporter.

Fox was said to be "mystified" by her firing, according to Variety, because she thought she'd met CBS' letter-sending deadline.

E! News Live sources said the Fox matter was ruled a misunderstanding, clearing the way for her return. She was officially invited back on Thursday.

Eads' situation was resolved Friday, following a goofy public mea culpa.

Speaking to TV critics while promoting the TNT biopic Evel Knievel, Eads blamed a faulty alarm clock for his tardiness.

"I overslept...I woke up white as a sheet three-and-a-half hours after I was supposed to be on the set," said Eads, who claimed to have "apologized nine ways to Sunday."

"It's a big misunderstanding, straight up," Eads said Wednesday. "I want all this to work out. CSI is a part of who I am."

Initially, the lovefest wasn't echoed by network honcho Les Moonves, who, earlier this week, called the pink-slipping a fair business decision. "There comes a point where we feel a contract is a contract," he said.

Moonves also pointed out that the network had been prepared to give Fox and Eads a raise even thought it was under no contractual obligation to do so.

Proving that it doesn't always pay to be the squeaky wheel, one of the show's secondary stars, Eric Szmanda, who plays DNA geek Greg Sanders, has quietly been given a raise and is expected to spend more time in the field and out of the lab next season.

Also being added to the show's payroll is former 24 star Reiko Aylesworth, who'll join the cast as a new lab technician--an arrangement in place before the firings/rehirings. Aylesworth could become a recurring character.

CSI, the most watched drama on televison, will premiere Sept. 23.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline MultipleAngles

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • BANZAI!
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Jul 29, 2004 at 12:38 PM »
Anyone notice that the "CSI Academy" commercial on AXN has synopsis spelled "sypnosis." Very un-CSI :)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Jul 29, 2004 at 12:57 PM »
Anyone notice that the "CSI Academy" commercial on AXN has synopsis spelled "sypnosis." Very un-CSI :)

LOL. That's mostly the fault of Smart, who made that commercial--and they do make a lot of trashy commercials.   ;D

Offline MultipleAngles

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • BANZAI!
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Jul 29, 2004 at 01:09 PM »

LOL. That's mostly the fault of Smart, who made that commercial--and they do make a lot of trashy commercials.   ;D

hehehe, I'm still reeling from their "Buddy language" ads :) I'm almost considering that this "sypnosis" ad is some kind of initiation test for new members.

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Aug 02, 2004 at 06:44 AM »
Anybody watch that TV movie "Evel Knievel" starring George Eads that world premiered on TNT a couple nights ago?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Aug 05, 2004 at 01:50 PM »
Didn't catch last nights episode (Aug 4). Is AXN still showing reruns?

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Aug 05, 2004 at 01:53 PM »
Spoiler alert for Season 3 of CSI: Miami...

A member of the CSI: Miami cast will die in the 3rd season opener.  From ET Online: The cast and the crew were sworn to secrecy as to whom they will be laying to rest, and David Caruso says, "It will obviously be a different world; there is a chemistry to how a show works and it is going to be interesting to see where we go from here. I think we will find our footing and we will be fine, but it will be different. This person was extremely significant to us. They are very unique. There is nobody like them. They are not replaceable."

The funeral plays out with all the pomp and circumstance required for an officer fallen in the line of duty, including a flag-draped coffin and a 21-gun salute. It is a very powerful ceremony and it captures the emotional loss the "CSI" crew is feeling.

"You become a family," adds Adam Rodriquez. "You spend this many hours with a group of people over the course of two years, you appreciate each other, you have a good time, you get used to each other and, beyond that, you build relationships. Unfortunately, the person who is leaving and I built a good friendship and certainly we will miss that person."

So who dies? Prior to this report, plans were being made to write out Rory Cochrane's character Tim Speedle, because he already expressed his intention to pursue his movie career, so it's a good guess as to who bites the dust.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2004 at 01:54 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 11:51 AM »
Is CSI: NY going to be any good than the two CSIs? I sure hope so, the show's looks promising with Gary Sinise at the helm.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #173 on: Sep 22, 2004 at 02:56 AM »
I look forward to CSI: NY. Hiring Gary Sinise was a great move. Saw scenes from the pilot and it looked very promising -- the look of the show is more menacing.

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Sep 22, 2004 at 04:46 AM »
[season 3 spoiler]

yup, it's rory cochrane's character (speedle, is it?  haven't watched miami in a while until yesterday) who bites the dust...

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2004 at 04:49 AM by kings5504 »
The war is over...  Now bring on the classics on HD!

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #175 on: Sep 23, 2004 at 03:46 PM »
some folks say this is a better csi series (csi:new york)

csi: ny premieres today in CBS, i wonder when will axn show this? after csi: miami season 2?  ???
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Oct 02, 2004 at 03:29 AM »
some folks say this is a better csi series (csi:new york)

csi: ny premieres today in CBS, i wonder when will axn show this? after csi: miami season 2?  ???

Last week spun of Season Premieres, CSI NY is 4th...

CSI Vegas still on top...

The season premiere of CSI Vegas Last Week was jsut about right..

Hehehe The castmembers who were pull back after salary dispute with show's producers were given a funny investigation skit focusing on Vegas Priest who dress as Aliens and Elvis...  ;D
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Mar 20, 2006 at 09:13 AM »
CSI: New York season 2 premieres on April 4. Not sure of the time though.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline scully

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Mar 27, 2006 at 10:04 AM »
10pm I believe.

Mac without the ties. Yummy.
Amor Fati