Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A210 3D #1 NMT Network Media Jukebox,Apps Market,Aluminum,Facebook  (Read 111516 times)

Offline stalkermania

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
sabi nung bantay 10k daw, di ko lang sure kung sabi nya lang un para may masabi sya  >:( pero parang mahal kung 1TB lang, kasi 5k+ na lng 2TB na WD HDD.

k maybe i'll go there to check it out. thanks.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
I can guarantee you a million percent that DTS-HD or TrueHD displays on the TV screen when you press the Info button on the A200 Remote...and those kinds of indications are displayed if and only if the soundstream is DTS-HD or TrueHD respectively.

Member Gaol has confirmed in another thread that such indications are also displayed on his receiver.

I know another member who has confirmed that the Xtreamer Pro is very much capable of the same on his Onkyo.

But you have to have the full length contents too of course.   ;)

Thanks bro for the info. I have the Beyonce Concert with DTS HD audio. I thought all the while that the Egreat M34a can pass through the signal so i was a bit frustrated  when my Onk 608 failed to output and display the DTS-HD despite use of HDMI 1.3b cable. I reverted using the optical.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Thanks bro for the info. I have the Beyonce Concert with DTS HD audio. I thought all the while that the Egreat M34a can pass through the signal so i was a bit frustrated  when my Onk 608 failed to output and display the DTS-HD despite use of HDMI 1.3b cable. I reverted using the optical.

Is that MKV with DTS-HD audio or pure BD rip (BD Structure) or BD ISO?

I think MKV with HD audio can be problematic to many media players.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2011 at 09:40 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
upcoming on next firmware update  ;D

- 3D output to HDMI 3D TV for Stereoscopic 3D  ;)
-- half-resolution side-by-side, top-and-bottom 3D file supported
- FF and RW support 2x and 4x to Music playback added
- RAR Playback, file view and extraction

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
still waiting patiently for it's release  :-[ wla pa ba update boss ERT?  :-\

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
still waiting patiently for it's release  :-[ wla pa ba update boss ERT?  :-\

next week meron na :)

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:

Sir, may price update na ba? :D
SARS!!!

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
upcoming on next firmware update  ;D

- 3D output to HDMI 3D TV for Stereoscopic 3D  ;)
-- half-resolution side-by-side, top-and-bottom 3D file supported

Halleluiah!  Kahit wala pa akong 3DTV.   

Conservative ang Popcorn ne (and playing safe).  Half-Resolution muna - but if they can actually implement it -AWESOME!

Offline yygoob

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Thanks bro for the info. I have the Beyonce Concert with DTS HD audio. I thought all the while that the Egreat M34a can pass through the signal so i was a bit frustrated  when my Onk 608 failed to output and display the DTS-HD despite use of HDMI 1.3b cable. I reverted using the optical.

pc na lang muna gamitin para marinig mo yung dts-hd in it full glory!!! though i for one could not hear a significant difference between the normal dts from dts-hd....masarap nga lang makita yung umiilaw ang dts-hd at dolby-truehd sa reciever

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Next week pa? kala ko later this week?  :P hehehe!!! inip na inip na ;D

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
a210 is already in our warehouse, available by Wednesday sa mga dealers visit www.popcornhour.com.ph for more info :D

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
a210 is already in our warehouse, available by Wednesday sa mga dealers visit www.popcornhour.com.ph for more info :D

nice. SRP sir?

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
how much po a210?

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
nice. SRP sir?
how much po a210?

srp price is 11.5k :D cash price meron din installment plans sa mga dealers like 5th avenue sa malls  ;)

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
srp price is 11.5k :D cash price meron din installment plans sa mga dealers like 5th avenue sa malls  ;)
available na sir?  :P or bukas pa? :-\

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
bukas pa para sure :D

Offline CMac

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

sir, what kind of installment plan? how many percent do we add to the original 11.5k SRP Cash? And how many months is that good for? thank you!

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
sir, what kind of installment plan? how many percent do we add to the original 11.5k SRP Cash? And how many months is that good for? thank you!

i'm not that sure how many percent it depends on the dealers na kasi..but usually around 5% i think..not sure though..meron 3,6,12months installment payment  ;) try to ask 5th Avenue branches but tom pa nila makuha if ever...thanks!

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
wahooo! time for upgrade na naman..  ;D ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Any suggestion which shop that sell both the unit inclusive the internal drive 1tb or 2tb pre-loaded with movies? Thanks :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Well my yardstick is simple.  If the A210 can perform as well as the A200 now, it's OK...hehehe...there are still some playback issues that can be improved but I think all standalone media players face the same limitations anyways.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
What Playback issues?

Pls. enlighten me sir kasi nga if indeed there are verifiable and reproducible problems I can take up the cause to report it to Syabas.

All I know at this point in time are playback issues regarding;

TrueHD tracks in MKV/BD cannot be downmixed to Stereo (Sigma SDK problem)
S_Vobsub subtitle tracks cannot be displayed (used in HDDVD formats)
inconsistent display of PGS(SUP) subtitle tracks in MKV

As for C200, the only major issue is BD Profile 2.0 compliance (PIP doesn't work, Sigma SDK problem).

There are other issues but they are more specific and in Syabas' view are low priority since they affect very few.

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Any suggestion which shop that sell both the unit inclusive the internal drive 1tb or 2tb pre-loaded with movies? Thanks :)

yup try 5th avenue stores visit www.popcornhour.com.ph for their locations..but by tomorrow pa if ever darating sa kanila thanks!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
yup try 5th avenue stores visit www.popcornhour.com.ph for their locations..but by tomorrow pa if ever darating sa kanila thanks!

ok tnx Ert. Just now I have already called a few branches...all of them have no idea what I'm talking about pa... ;D Will ring them back again tomorrow.

Offline CMac

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
i'm not that sure how many percent it depends on the dealers na kasi..but usually around 5% i think..not sure though..meron 3,6,12months installment payment  ;) try to ask 5th Avenue branches but tom pa nila makuha if ever...thanks!

great, thanks sir! was just asking because sometimes you're quoted different prices especially kung tinign nila you've got muchos dineros.  :P

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
What Playback issues?

Pls. enlighten me sir kasi nga if indeed there are verifiable and reproducible problems I can take up the cause to report it to Syabas.

All I know at this point in time are playback issues regarding;

TrueHD tracks in MKV/BD cannot be downmixed to Stereo (Sigma SDK problem)
S_Vobsub subtitle tracks cannot be displayed (used in HDDVD formats)
inconsistent display of PGS(SUP) subtitle tracks in MKV

As for C200, the only major issue is BD Profile 2.0 compliance (PIP doesn't work, Sigma SDK problem).

There are other issues but they are more specific and in Syabas' view are low priority since they affect very few.

1.  Stutter of pure BD Structures (title dependent - bitrate dependent ) - limitation of the Realtek chip I guess
2.  WMV files can be stuttery or quiet
3.  MP4 files can be stuttery or quiet
4.  File extensions other than .MKV or .AVI (FL4, etc.) can be stuttery or quiet
5.  TrueHD - yeah but if there is an interleaved AC3, you can get a sound.
6.  Old encodes with L5.1 Reference Frames (kahit 720p)

All of the above, sisiw sa PC.  Hehehe.   But it's understandable, especially No. 1.   WMV and MP4 are normally associated with the likes of Bang Bros or Naughty America.  Hahaha.  Those specific issues are fine by me, but then....you know   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011 at 01:27 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
   WMV and MP4 are normally associated with the likes of Bang Bros or Naughty America

Nice,...!

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:

hi paul - ygpm..  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
ok tnx Ert. Just now I have already called a few branches...all of them have no idea what I'm talking about pa... ;D Will ring them back again tomorrow.

yup wala pa sila idea hehe..we're just about to inform them pa lang :D thanks! :)