Author Topic: Toshiba RV700  (Read 19848 times)

Offline iAMhitek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Toshiba RV700
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 09:16 AM »
both 32RV700E and 32RV700T are identical except for the input voltage specs (according to the Toshiba website):

32RV700E ---------------- 220 - 240 Volts @ 50/60 Hertz @ 108 Watts
32RV700T ---------------- 110 - 240 Volts @ 50 Hertz @ 108 Watts

the 32V700T is auto volt.
will check at the store if E or T is available here, but based on the other Toshiba LCDs that I evaluated for POWER consumption readings, locally we have the E.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011 at 09:56 AM by iAMhitek »

Offline glennba27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 01:42 AM »
if using the PIP, i assume that you retain the audio of the bigger picture while the smaller window wala...tama ba ako?
Yes.

meron ba feature sa rv700 na double tuner double window? if yes, paano audio nya?  ???
Walang ganun. Yung PIP nya, kelangan magkaiba ang input, e.g. isa through hdmi input tapos tv yung isa. Di nya kaya na 2 tv channels at the same time.

Offline bananabond

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 01:59 AM »
May gumagamit ba nito for ps3?any problems? Parang may problem ako with hdmi handshake. May flicker and when i firat set up my ps3supposedly ps3will detect best video settings. Na detect nuya lang 480p ihave to majually choose 1080p. Ayaw pa nga s 1080p dapat i check ko muna 720p and then select 1080p. Ewan ko lang kung ano ang problem. Ps3 or tv. Pero kakakuha ko lang ng ps3 5 days pa lang...well
Yung rv700 ko less than a month pa lang. Anybody have the same experience?

Offline geno_cide222

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 03:39 AM »
I use this regularly with my PS3 and have experienced the flicker issue only when i load a new game or while watching dvd's on my ps3 (which is admittedly not very smart), i dont need to change the display settings like what you mentioned. Also, the resolution also depends on the game (e.g. NBA 2k11 and uncharted 2 can only go up to 720p while other games can go 1080p).

What I did was change my CDRking HDMI cable to a branded HDMI cable from SnS (as per Sir vic's advise, dapat daw 1.3 version ng HDMI) and so far I do not experience the flicker issue anymore.

Still thinking about swapping this with the LD460 since it has video playback via USB pero malaki kaya difference in PQ? Most people kasi are saying this Tosh has one of the best PQ's among 32 inch TV's.
Pains heals, chicks dig scars, glory... last forever

Offline edison

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 08:01 AM »
Sir, about sa flickering problems ng HDTV (any brand po ito) using PS3, I-off lang daw (or i-set sa factory default setting) yung HDMI color sa PS3 console then mawawala na yung flicker. Yung iba nagpalit pa ng HDMI cable pero may flicker pa rin. It has someting to do with the setting of the HDMI color setting of the console. Nakakairita talaga yang screen flicker, sa mahal ba naman ng LCD TV.....

Offline glennba27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 09:25 AM »
May napansin din pala ako when playing sa pc (NBA 2k11), then connected through hdmi. Pag halimbawa, naglalaro ka tapos bigla nalipat yung tv channel, wala na sound yung game kapag binalikan sya. Need ko pa i-restart yung game para magka-sound ulit. May naka-experience din ba ng ganito?

D&S yung hdmi cable na gamit ko.

Offline valcrist08

• Apprentice
  • newbie! please guide me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 08:59 AM »
may free wall mount po ba ito sa SnS? kung wala magkano kaya ung wallmount para sa 32rv700 hehe
saving up for 32rv700!

Offline rral

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Mar 06, 2011 at 02:45 AM »
to all Toshiba RV700 owners, pa-share naman ng settings nyo for the best PQ on different situations (movies, games, cable). I'm a new owner and medyo hindi ko pa nabubutingting yung settings ng TV.

Thanks!

Offline Iron_Trigger

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM »
I can confirm that flickering does occur with this set when used with ps3... but it doesn't have anything to do with the hdmi cable.... you can fix it by removing the deep color option IIRC... I bought this last Saturday and all I can say is that it is really good... puts most led tv's to shame... backlight is very uniform and black is very deep given the right lighting... screen's a bit reflective and remote is a bit hard to press.. got my unit from SNS... first 2 units I tested both had dead pixels unfortunately :( I asked them if they had an extra but they said there wasn't any left (not sure if true, they might have gotten tired carrying the first two :p) I tested the demo unit they had in the store and found that it was actually flawless  :o so I got that one instead... only negative I can say about my shopping experience was that they didn't give me a discount for the demo unit :( they did sell me an hdmi cable for 500 along with the tv but that's hardly a discount... and also, I just found out that calibration is not free anymore in SNS :( oh well... still happy with the purchase  ;D for anyone looking for a new non-plasma set, this is highly recommended... puts those high tech LED tvs to shame... 8)

Offline Iron_Trigger

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 01:40 PM »
btw for anyone planning on using this as a monitor, a good base setting would be the pc setting (this makes the fonts quite smoother)... adjust it to your liking from there... if you're using ATI/AMD video cards, you might need to set the overscan/underscan setting to 0 for the entire screen to be occupied... game setting and movie setting seems to work well for games and movies respectively... movie might not be that good for animated CGI films or colorful live action films like speed racer

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2228
« Reply #40 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 03:19 PM »
Yup, pa share din ng setting fro movies (DVD) and cable TV viewing. Napansin ko parang me violet/purple bleeding sa akin.

to all Toshiba RV700 owners, pa-share naman ng settings nyo for the best PQ on different situations (movies, games, cable). I'm a new owner and medyo hindi ko pa nabubutingting yung settings ng TV.

Thanks!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Iron_Trigger

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 06:13 PM »
Yup, pa share din ng setting fro movies (DVD) and cable TV viewing. Napansin ko parang me violet/purple bleeding sa akin.

for me I'm still using the tv presets... no time to fiddle around with the settings... by purple bleeding do you mean the sides are purple and the rest are black? or do you mean the screen looks purple? my unit is generally even in terms of backlighting... black looks gray/purple with no lights on but that is expected of ccfl backlit tvs... only led lit lcd tvs or non LCD tech like plasma, crt, and oled can display deep blacks in rooms with very little lighting...
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2011 at 06:16 PM by Iron_Trigger »

Offline bananabond

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 08:53 PM »
I can confirm that flickering does occur with this set when used with ps3... but it doesn't have anything to do with the hdmi cable.... you can fix it by removing the deep color option IIRC... I bought this last Saturday and all I can say is that it is really good... puts most led tv's to shame... backlight is very uniform and black is very deep given the right lighting... screen's a bit reflective and remote is a bit hard to press.. got my unit from SNS... first 2 units I tested both had dead pixels unfortunately :( I asked them if they had an extra but they said there wasn't any left (not sure if true, they might have gotten tired carrying the first two :p) I tested the demo unit they had in the store and found that it was actually flawless  :o so I got that one instead... only negative I can say about my shopping experience was that they didn't give me a discount for the demo unit :( they did sell me an hdmi cable for 500 along with the tv but that's hardly a discount... and also, I just found out that calibration is not free anymore in SNS :( oh well... still happy with the purchase  ;D for anyone looking for a new non-plasma set, this is highly recommended... puts those high tech LED tvs to shame... 8)

+1---

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 09:31 AM »
The Regza 32RV700 is what we got for our bedroom.   IMHO, it has the best value proposition in its size class.  Picture is great, none of that jagged movement I've seen on other units.  We usually have it set to "Showroom Mode" because I'm to lazy to figure out the control :).   While it doesn't function as well as the Panasonic TH-P42V20 in our living room, which is to be expected, my wife and I are extremely happy with it. 

About the extra features, sorry I can't comment much.  I did try the slideshow and it did seem ok.  I do wish though that the PiP did not have the TV input as a fixed choice.  This is a problem since we no longer watch TV from our still analog Skycable connection but instead watch from the Cignal STB  on one of the HDMI inputs. 

The only thing that caused me disappointment was when I tried using it as the monitor for our HTPC.  The letters are too jagged to work comfortably with unlike on the P42V20.  For watching content on our HTPC, it is of course just great.   Now when I want to fix things on the HTPC, I just do a Remote Desktop from our PC to the HTPC.  We did try playing a game on it and the picture seemed fine.   
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 09:38 AM »
btw for anyone planning on using this as a monitor, a good base setting would be the pc setting (this makes the fonts quite smoother)... adjust it to your liking from there... if you're using ATI/AMD video cards, you might need to set the overscan/underscan setting to 0 for the entire screen to be occupied... game setting and movie setting seems to work well for games and movies respectively...

Thanks for this bro.  I'll try it when I get home later. 
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline Iron_Trigger

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 12:18 PM »
Thanks for this bro.  I'll try it when I get home later. 

had the exact same problem as you... just set it to pc and the fonts should be ok (using home and not showroom btw)... if you're using windows 7 btw, you can fine tune the cleartype settings further unlike in XP

Offline TeamEmperor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 04:08 PM »
what kind of connector does this model have to use with pc or laptop? hdmi or vga connector?

Offline Iron_Trigger

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 05:21 PM »
what kind of connector does this model have to use with pc or laptop? hdmi or vga connector?

vga will definitely work but I didn't bother trying it since I prefer digital over analog.... I'm using hdmi but vga should work as well... you can probably still use the pc setting with good results on vga... but if your video card has hdmi, definitely use hdmi... it's better (especially with ati/amd video cards which can't do centered timing using vga)

Offline TeamEmperor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 07:36 PM »
Thanks dude  :)

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 04:31 AM »
Thanks again!  I set the PC connection setting, I'm using HDMI1, through a 5m CDR-King cable, to "PC" and readability improved sufficiently enough for me to use.

Here's another question:  is there anyway to turn off the unused inputs in the on-screen selection menu?  Its kind of annoying to have to go through the unused ones.
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline Iron_Trigger

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 12:03 PM »
Thanks again!  I set the PC connection setting, I'm using HDMI1, through a 5m CDR-King cable, to "PC" and readability improved sufficiently enough for me to use.

Here's another question:  is there anyway to turn off the unused inputs in the on-screen selection menu?  Its kind of annoying to have to go through the unused ones.

haven't looked at the manual but I highly doubt there will be any way to do that based on my experience with my previous sets

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 05:32 PM »
Thanks Bro.  Its not that bad.  The Panasonic TH-P42V20 can do it.  I'm hoping there might be some secret key sequences that would do it. 

On Saturday, I set the picture mode to "Home/Dynamic" still getting used to it maybe.  The wife not complained though so maybe its ok.
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline Iron_Trigger

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 11:13 AM »
Thanks Bro.  Its not that bad.  The Panasonic TH-P42V20 can do it.  I'm hoping there might be some secret key sequences that would do it. 

On Saturday, I set the picture mode to "Home/Dynamic" still getting used to it maybe.  The wife not complained though so maybe its ok.

ah I didn't know that there were sets that could do that... it would be cool if toshiba had that as well...  8)

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #53 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:40 AM »
Hello 32RV700 owners..... would you consider upgrading to the new 2011 Samsung LA32D550. Almost same price lang sila ng Tosh RV700 eh. I am not sure about the features though kung alin mas maganda. Just curious....

;)
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline YaJ555

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 07:40 AM »
Just bought a 32RV700 from Vic last night, will be doing some tests tonight :) hopefully no dead pixels :X

Initial runs were very good, PS3 games ran beautifully, although it makes me want to load the native 1080p games as I can see the difference (vs upscaled to 1080p on my previous TV).

Offline Vodzilla

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Apr 26, 2011 at 09:04 PM »
how do you secure the supplied base to your tv rack?  i saw on the user's manual about using a "sturdy tie" but i also noticed a strap under the base and a hole (for a bolt perhaps?) on the base itself.  i just wanna child proof my screen and prevent an accident.

also, what do you use to test for dead pixels? 

thanks!   :D

Offline YaJ555

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011 at 02:52 PM »
Used pixel buddy for the dead pixel test :)

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011 at 09:53 PM »
My settings for the RV700:

Picture: Standard

Back-light: 70
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 70
Color: 30
Tint: -5
Sharpness: -default-
B/W level: Low
Temp: Warm

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011 at 11:37 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011 at 11:13 AM »
My settings for the RV700:

Picture: Standard

Back-light: 70
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 70
Color: 30
Tint: -5
Sharpness: -default-
B/W level: Low
Temp: Warm

Sir, is this setting for TV viewing or for DVD/BD viewing? I'll try this setting. Funny, all this time, I just used autoview and the default settings.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011 at 11:14 AM by BusyChild »
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011 at 02:01 PM »
Sir, is this setting for TV viewing or for DVD/BD viewing? I'll try this setting. Funny, all this time, I just used autoview and the default settings.  ;)

For DVD and Blu-ray...

You can lower the backlight to around 50. Best used in a room with low lights. You can also raise the color to just about 40.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011 at 02:06 PM by Carlo777 »