Author Topic: inFocus X1  (Read 18244 times)

Offline bigbird2323

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:inFocus X1
« Reply #30 on: Jul 03, 2003 at 09:37 PM »
sorry if its out of topic but do you guys have any idea how much is the cost of shipping by balikbayan box.I'm really clueless with regards to this  :)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #31 on: Jul 03, 2003 at 10:01 PM »
US$100 yata pero not airfreight 'to... you also have to think about insurance during shipping, taxes... etc.

Offline DViant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #32 on: Jul 03, 2003 at 10:33 PM »
bigbird2323,

you could do what I did and ask someone coming home from abroad to bring it home for you. just ask him or her to ditch the box and stuff everything in the Infocus bag. If ever the evil Customs men at the airport ask the person carrying it could claim it as personal possesion.

If you really have no way of sourcing the projector from abroad and shipping here doesnt agree with you you might want to consider buying it straight from the distributor.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2003 at 10:37 PM by DViant »

Offline bigbird2323

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jul 05, 2003 at 08:50 PM »
hi was just wondering what kind of vga cable do you need to connect your pc to the x1.is it a male to female vga cable or a male to male because i need at least 25 feet so i was thinking kung papabili ako ng x1,sabay ko na.is such a cable available locally?

Offline bigbird2323

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 03:59 AM »
hi,to all z1 or x1 owners.baka pwedeng pa demo. ;D

Offline Alamat

• Collector
  • ETONG IYO!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 05:29 AM »
  Don't know if any of u guys could trust me but I AM coming home this July 21st. If u want, I can possibly bring it home for u. Not to be greedy but I would like something on top of it for my time and effort.
  Email me at [email protected] if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2003 at 09:33 AM by Alamat »

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 02:02 PM »
kimera: Thanks for the input! I'll be using it with presentations, and ht.

Maybe less ang rainbow effect at 60hz ...  6000rpm at 50hz vs 7200rpm at 60Hz.   :-\???

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 10:34 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

If you guys are interested in having the X1 Projector at a lower price, my brother Alamat is coming home this July 21st and he is offering to buy the X1 (at most 4 units) for you guys but ofcourse sell it to you at a bit higher price but still lower compared to the current market price here in the country.  Just send me a PM if you're interested and I can contact him for the orders.  

thanks.   ;)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 10:38 AM »
pa-PM naman ng landed cost.

thanks,
-jackryan 8)

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 10:49 AM »
morph, ako din pa-pm. tnx!  ;D

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 11:07 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

jackryan & don - sent you guys PMs.  

Offline warpzone

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 12:17 PM »
morph, me too! thanks  :D

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 09, 2003 at 12:20 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

sent you pm warpzone

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #43 on: Jul 09, 2003 at 05:34 PM »
morph ako din pls

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #44 on: Jul 09, 2003 at 05:51 PM »
Geez, just bought one here in our office at 98k from ATI a month ago.  >:(

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jul 09, 2003 at 06:08 PM »
pa-pm din ng landed cost. ty

voj

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 09, 2003 at 06:57 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

jambam & voj - sent you guys PMs.  thanks.  ;)

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 09:34 PM »
Geez, just bought one here in our office at 98k from ATI a month ago.  >:(

e1kad2, do you see rainbows?

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 09:48 PM »
I dont see the rainbow effect. :)

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 10:16 PM »
Good for you Dviant  ;D Congrats!

Btw, what screen are you using? Grey Type?

Have you tried using the subtitles when watching a movie? Some say that rainbows can be detected by turning it on. It's good to hear that not all can detect the rainbows. (Sana ako din  ;) )

Wish I could try it first before buying....

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 10:32 PM »
I havent had time to go test out screens so I just project it to the ceiling while lying down in bed. I just put on a pair of headphones so the sound orientation would be correct. Havent tried subtitles yet as I know English. :)

I think the rainbow effect are only seen by specific people with a specific set of eyes. You could actually request ATI to do a demo for you. Assuming of course you're not that shy. ;) But for $999 I think seeing the rainbow effect isn't _that_ bad. Like hello... $999 ito! Cheaper than a 29" Sony Wega!

M°RpHeÖuS: Dapat me cut ako sa sales mo ah... tinutulungan kita makakita. ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2003 at 10:34 PM by DViant »

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 10:46 PM »
I watch a lot of foreign films too, that's why I need the subtitles  ;D (takot ako) hehehe

I guess I'm shy... hehehe can't imagine how they will react if they found out...  ;D (If they sell it at $999 then pwede pa)

I agree with you, for the price X1 is great .

BTW, if you're looking for a cheap screen... My cousin was able to make his own DIY screen. The quality is very good, he's using a Piano DLP projector. Let me know, so that I can get the details if you're interested.

Anyway, thanks bro!

Don
(sarap maglaro ng games diyan!!!!)

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2003 at 10:49 PM by don »

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 11:02 PM »
don: I just dont have the time to go around. Gotta make money to satisfy my techno lust. :)
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2003 at 11:06 PM by DViant »

Offline FaFa_RoLaNd

• Collector
  • xbox addiktus
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 16, 2003 at 11:50 PM »
I just ordered this projector from ATI and sad to say im not that impressed with its resolution and very expensive to maintain if its gonna be used for home theater because the lens has to be replaced every 3000hrs, which cost about 22k. Main purpose for buying this projector is for business presentation and for xbox multiplayer games. Bought it for 75k. :)

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 17, 2003 at 10:28 AM »
Fafa_Roland, are you sensitive to "Rainbows". Ok yan mag multi-player sa xbox hehhehe.

Offline teban888

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 17, 2003 at 03:19 PM »
hi was just wondering what kind of vga cable do you need to connect your pc to the x1.is it a male to female vga cable or a male to male because i need at least 25 feet so i was thinking kung papabili ako ng x1,sabay ko na.is such a cable available locally?
It is not recommended to extend vga cables over 1.5m as losses in signal quality will be obvious.  the effects are snowy pictures.
hope this helps

btw I own a dlp infocus lp400 bought in HK for P120,000 with extra free bulb 4 yrs ago.  I am very happy with it except for the lack of keystone adjustment and the freeze button on the remote control.  works in all signal modes up to xga(1024x768).

Offline teban888

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 17, 2003 at 03:21 PM »
I just ordered this projector from ATI and sad to say im not that impressed with its resolution and very expensive to maintain if its gonna be used for home theater because the lens has to be replaced every 3000hrs, which cost about 22k. Main purpose for buying this projector is for business presentation and for xbox multiplayer games. Bought it for 75k. :)
I think you are confused, it is the bulb that needs to be replaced and not the lens :)

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 17, 2003 at 06:26 PM »
What do you expect from the cheapest (USD999.00) DLP projector available? The lamp (not the lens) has a very good lifespan as it is. You'd only need to replace it after 2yrs, 8months & 26days assuming you're watching a 3hr movie everyday. The top-end LP840 and LP850 only have a rated 2000hrs & that's virtually a standard. 800x600's isnt that great for computer presentation but for DVD & cable/free TV watching it is more than adequate.

BTW you got a good price for your X1. I was quoted 83K last July.

Offline FaFa_RoLaNd

• Collector
  • xbox addiktus
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 17, 2003 at 11:06 PM »
yep lamp nga! ;) im kinda new to the projector kase! its way much cheaper talaga kung kukuha ka sa exclusive ditributor kaysa sa mga dealers.

sarap pang multiplayer games to! excited na nga ako gamitin for my xbox and para sa CS, WC3! hehehe!

Offline Alamat

• Collector
  • ETONG IYO!
  • Liked:
Infocus X1 and me....a review...kuno
« Reply #59 on: Sep 12, 2003 at 08:55 AM »
  I got one to "try" at Best Buy. Upon returning home, I had to setup my spkrs, DVD player, bass shakers & AVR in record time. Kakalipat lang kasi namin dito sa bahay namin (mabuti na lang may finished basement) kaya medyo dali-dali with wires all over the place. Placed on its own box with settings at default, I projected about a 90" diagonal image on a beige wall, 'la pa kasing screen eh. I used component to Svideo as I don't have the component to VGA adapter yet. So basically I was watching an interlaced picture. We then watched LOTR The Two Towers in all its glory. The image was stunning, blue eyes really blue as the sky, fleshtones suprisingly true. Suffice it to say, sulit ito mga tsong! Even si misis asked me " Isosoli mo pa ba yan? OK na yan ah?" At the price u pay, u get the cinema experience, patok talaga! I did try everything on it, 16:9 films, 4:3, cartoons, etc. All IMHO looked great.
  Now for the flaws, siyempre meron. One, u must watch the movie not in its sharpest. I make it slightly out of focus ang picture so u wouldn't notice the pixels. I assume kung smaller ang screen size, wala itong problemang ito. Two, kasi interlaced yung pinapanood ko, medyo may EE sa mga titles, high contrast items. Most have said that due to the Faroudja chip, the interlaced picture is better than most prog scans. I cannot comment on that kasi wala pa ako nung component to VGA kasi only the VGA could accept 480p and 1080i. Three and probably yung matindi, rainbows tsong! I watched The Others which is mostly night scenes and it was a nightmare for me. I could barely concentrate on the movie. Hindi tuloy ako natakot! After that assault, I tried other DVDs and sadly, I'm one of those suceptible to them darn things. Not everyone is so suwerte mo kung hindi ka affected. Its an inherent flaw of DLP, kahit yung Samsing na DLP RPTV, meron daw.
  Having experienced the above, I returned the X1 and am now looking at "borrowing" the Sanyo PLV-Z1. LCD naman ito kaya another set of supposed problems.
  My advice for u guys, try and demo it at home. U will not notice the rainbows initially as I didn't see any during the first few DVDs. Its the only way to tell for sure. Pero kung wala akong nakitang rainbows, nasa ibaba siguro ako ngayon nanonood pa rin! Kaya for me highly recommended ito mga pare at mare!