Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494557 times)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #5190 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM »
di ko na yata naabutan yun, some said Bird was one of the best too..

But for me I think Ray Allen is the best pure shooter, and his form and stroke is just so smooth..

drazen is reggie's idol...

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #5191 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM »
Isa lang ang sure sa NBA ngayon :  Its Unpredictability.  Sino magaakala na Bulls e sibak sa first round?  Tapos ang Sixers na game 7 ang Boston.  Down 0-2 ang Spurs, sabi natin sweep ang OKC.  Baligtad ang nangyari, OKC swept Spurs in the next 4 games.  Down 3-2 ang Miami, sabi natin ala na kasi sa Boston ang Game 6.  Lebron answered with two consecutive huge games. 

The other teams are also rebuilding.  Lakes I'm sure di papatalo yun.  So for next year, gagaling din ibang teams.  I think it's safe to say na one of them (OKC or Miami) will be back in the finals.

As for this series going to game 7, yan din prediction ko nun -- Miami in 7.  Pero parang hindi na aabot ;D ;D

yeah, this is one of the best playoffs and Finals I've seen.. last time was during Kobe and Shaq's first championship.. That Lakers-Blazers in WCF is unforgettable..

happy happy siguro si Stern this year, after lock out he got what he wanted in terms of ratings..
The Pats way...

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5192 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM »
Bah! OKC was down 0-2 and won the series versus SA. It's just 1-2 against them right now, so, the series is too close to call.

malaki ang pagkaka-iba nun, remember down sila ng 0-2 kaso yung next game nila nun ay sa home nila, ngayon the next 2 games ay sa bahay pa din ng Miami.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #5193 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM »
Isa lang ang sure sa NBA ngayon :  Its Unpredictability.  Sino magaakala na Bulls e sibak sa first round?  Tapos ang Sixers na game 7 ang Boston.  Down 0-2 ang Spurs, sabi natin sweep ang OKC.  Baligtad ang nangyari, OKC swept Spurs in the next 4 games.  Down 3-2 ang Miami, sabi natin ala na kasi sa Boston ang Game 6.  Lebron answered with two consecutive huge games. 

The other teams are also rebuilding.  Lakes I'm sure di papatalo yun.  So for next year, gagaling din ibang teams.  I think it's safe to say na one of them (OKC or Miami) will be back in the finals.

As for this series going to game 7, yan din prediction ko nun -- Miami in 7.  Pero parang hindi na aabot ;D ;D

sa East malamang Heat pa rin ang papasok. i don't think anyone in the East can match up with the Heat right now and Derrick Rose will sure show some rust once he plays again next season. sana next year the Knicks will be better and offer some challenge to Miami and once again rekindle their late 90's rivalry.

on the West naman malaki chance din na makabalik ang OKC. that team is built to last for a good 5 years or more. as I've said earlier this season, the Spurs' core of Ginobili, Parker and Duncan will just grow older and they won't be able to keep up with OKC specially now that they have Finals experience. as much as i love Kobe and the Lakers, if they trade Gasol they will need more time again to develop their chemistry. hopefully, they will become more accustomed to Mike Brown's system next year. the Clippers will need a better coach than del Negro but even with a better coach they're still not contenders. everything that will happen in the West will depend on West teams' movement in the off season.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #5194 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
malaki ang pagkaka-iba nun, remember down sila ng 0-2 kaso yung next game nila nun ay sa home nila, ngayon the next 2 games ay sa bahay pa din ng Miami.

I'd take my chances on a 1-2 deficit on the road than a 0-2 hole, even if the next two are at home. With the 1 victory tucked in, you know you can beat them. With a 0-2 hole, you begin to doubt.

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5195 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
Top 5 Shooters (IMO)
in no particular order

Reggie Miller
Ray Allen
Steve Kerr
Peja Stojakovic
Glen Rice

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5196 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
chuck person will be included in my list.. ;D

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5197 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM »
I'd take my chances on a 1-2 deficit on the road than a 0-2 hole, even if the next two are at home. With the 1 victory tucked in, you know you can beat them. With a 0-2 hole, you begin to doubt.

hindi din sir kasi 0-2 ka nga pero alam mo nmn na sa next game ay sa home ninyo gaganapin kaya may chance mo pa manalo. kesa 1-2 tapos next games ay sa road kayo maglalaro medyo mag-iisip-isip ka na din.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #5198 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM »
drazen is reggie's idol...

Say what? I didn't know that. Drazen was wasting in Portland when Miller was lighting it up already in Indiana. Petrovic only shined when he was in New Jersey. Pity, really, that he died so young.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #5199 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM »
Miller Time is overrated?? WHAT?? I would dare say underrated, in fact...he deserves to be a Hall of Famer...If I had a basketball team of my own, I would love to have him on my team...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5200 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM »
Say what? I didn't know that. Drazen was wasting in Portland when Miller was lighting it up already in Indiana. Petrovic only shined when he was in New Jersey. Pity, really, that he died so young.

Yep.  In one video i saw, heto sinabi ni Miller, as far as my failing memory serves me,

" (Reggie) i think I am the best shooter ever,but there is one player he tops me ,his name is Drazen Petrovic..."

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #5201 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM »
hindi din sir kasi 0-2 ka nga pero alam mo nmn na sa next game ay sa home ninyo gaganapin kaya may chance mo pa manalo. kesa 1-2 tapos next games ay sa road kayo maglalaro medyo mag-iisip-isip ka na din.

Well, I don't buy into that. A win is the biggest morale booster your team can have. You bypass desperation and doubt with a victory. It makes you feel confident, even if the next game is on the road. A young team like OKC, in the grandest stage of the NBA, going down 0-2 is a whole different kind of pressure. It's harder to convince yourself you can win against an opponent that has yet to lose IMHO.

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #5202 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM »
i expect game 4 to be a battle. OKC knows that they can beat the heat, they just need to execute offensively and defensively. so far wala pa rin namang blow out na nangyayari so it's a neck and neck fight just what a championship game should be. sana lang wag bumitaw agad ang Thunder para mas maganda ang laban

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5203 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM »
i expect game 4 to be a battle. OKC knows that they can beat the heat, they just need to execute offensively and defensively. so far wala pa rin namang blow out na nangyayari so it's a neck and neck fight just what a championship game should be. sana lang wag bumitaw agad ang Thunder para mas maganda ang laban

Yep.  Game 3 was actually a game of errors.  Heat committed more turnovers with 12 vs the 11 of OKC but OKC's errors were more stupid and glaring.  Up 10 pts and ready to blow out the game, OKC fouled a 3 pt shooter not once but twice.  WTF? And then in the 4th, OKC still in the game, Harden masyadong dumikit kay Lebron for a blocking foul.  That was, as Meta World Peace twitted, "All Beard, No Brain".

And yes, FTs decided the game.  The best shooting team in the NBA choked big time in a 15 of 24 FTs.  Kung na shoot nyo lang ang 7 dun, panalo na dapat eh.  Tsk tsk.  Also bear in mind that the Heat shot a horrendous 36% FG.  And still won.  Paano kung gumana pa yan ::)

Anything can happen still.  Just 1 win by OKC and they're back on track definitely.  Everybody wants them to win.  But as I said, the NBA is unpredictable.  Who knows, baka hanggang Friday na lang ang Finals ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM by mattia »

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5204 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM »
Badtrip wala pala games ng sat or sun dito sa pinas. :(

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2635
« Reply #5205 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM »
a win by okc will make it a best of 3 series ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5206 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:04 PM »
^ I think we can compare him to Marbury during his Twolves days, when he has KG on his side..

this one i agree

westbrook is good when he is good

rose even on a bad day still does things for his team, while he is the superstar of the team, he is not a ball hog and gets team mate involved properly

si westbrook papasa lang pag alanganin na sya and yung outside shooting pag swerte lang sya.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #5207 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:04 PM »
nakakakaba ang finals na ito.. pambihira... malakas ang OKC... bad trip...

sana tuloy tuloy lang ang pagiging malas ng OKC... :) Miami... tatapusin ang laro ng game 5.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #5208 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:08 PM »
a win by okc will make it a best of 3 series ;D

di ba a win will make it 2-2? ;D

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5209 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:10 PM »
di ba a win will make it 2-2? ;D

hindi ko ata naisip yun ah? now thats an analysis ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:11 PM by anya618 »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5210 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:10 PM »
this one i agree

westbrook is good when he is good

rose even on a bad day still does things for his team, while he is the superstar of the team, he is not a ball hog and gets team mate involved properly

si westbrook papasa lang pag alanganin na sya and yung outside shooting pag swerte lang sya.

Si Westbrook naman reminds me so much of Steve Francis during his prime...

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5211 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:12 PM »

ano na nangyari dito? retired na ba?

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5212 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 01:58 PM »
tingin ko si derrick rose next season hindi n ganun kagaling... :(

Offline bunnygod

• Trade Count: (+155)
  • DVD Guru
  • lay down thy raincoat and groove!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #5213 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 02:29 PM »
Miller Time is overrated?? WHAT?? I would dare say underrated, in fact...he deserves to be a Hall of Famer...If I had a basketball team of my own, I would love to have him on my team...

oh yes, miller is my starting SG on my own NBA-All Time team!
PG - J Kidd / SF - D Schrempf / PF - C Webber / C - Rik Smits
from start to finish, i was proud to fall...

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #5214 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 02:47 PM »
oh yes, miller is my starting SG on my own NBA-All Time team!
PG - J Kidd / SF - D Schrempf / PF - C Webber / C - Rik Smits

Webber? really? I'd pick Malone/Barkley over Webber.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #5215 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 02:57 PM »

but steve francis is almost a franchise player, smart player and does not commit much mistakes as Westbrook, may sureball from the outside and has very good basketball sense

sabagay, baka naman next year mag settle down si westbrook and mag gain ng much needed maturity and control

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #5216 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 02:59 PM »

Webber? really? I'd pick Malone/Barkley over Webber.

ahhh Webber, tingin ko ito ang dapat na tinatawag na choker talaga, from his Michigan days to his NBA years, kaya laging na trade, when the game is on the line, Webber just vanishes everytime.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5217 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 03:09 PM »
my ultimate line up.....

maxwell , artest, chuck person , barkley, laimbeer

lets get it on!!! ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5218 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 03:15 PM »
hindi ko ata naisip yun ah? now thats an analysis ;D

analyze kasi tayo ng analyze eh, why can't we make it simpler by saying..

ang natalo, olats.  :P ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5219 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 03:17 PM »
Well, I don't buy into that. A win is the biggest morale booster your team can have. You bypass desperation and doubt with a victory. It makes you feel confident, even if the next game is on the road. A young team like OKC, in the grandest stage of the NBA, going down 0-2 is a whole different kind of pressure. It's harder to convince yourself you can win against an opponent that has yet to lose IMHO.

i agree with Battousai 100%

if a team is in the NBA Finals, it means that team can win.. homecourt or on the road.