Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 496795 times)

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #5820 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 08:46 PM »
The Houston Rockets have traded Chase Budinger to Minnesota for the #18 pick.

Houston is stockpiling picks for a possible D12 trade.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #5821 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5822 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 07:16 AM »
Bobcats Acquire Ben Gordon, Future First Round Pick From Pistons For Corey Maggette
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221751/Bobcats_Acquire_Gordon_Future_First_Round_Pick_For_Maggette

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 377
« Reply #5823 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM »
Bobcats Acquire Ben Gordon, Future First Round Pick From Pistons For Corey Maggette
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221751/Bobcats_Acquire_Gordon_Future_First_Round_Pick_For_Maggette

GM Joe Dumars makes a good move for the future ...... his Ben Gordon experiment has failed; they wont be making the playoffs with or without him - might as well trade his massive contract for cap relief.

Michael Jordan is desperate ...... he takes in an expensive & erratic Gordon - who had a great stint years ago with the BULLS, yet slowed down when he got a big contract from the PISTONS.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5824 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 01:52 PM »
^I thought the trade was mutually beneficial.

The idea of taking on bad contracts to accumulate picks/assets is somewhat similar to what Sam Presti did with the Thunder in 2008. OKC/Seattle took on Kurt Thomas's undesirable contract to get draft picks from Phoenix. One of those picks turned into Serge Ibaka.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5825 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 03:13 PM »
^I thought the trade was mutually beneficial.

The idea of taking on bad contracts to accumulate picks/assets is somewhat similar to what Sam Presti did with the Thunder in 2008. OKC/Seattle took on Kurt Thomas's undesirable contract to get draft picks from Phoenix. One of those picks turned into Serge Ibaka.

Maggette will obviously serve his purpose since his expiring contract is what the PISTONS were targeting all along ..... cap-space for the 2013 season is what Dumars mainly wants out of this deal.

For the BOBCATS, the trade will only be beneficial if Gordon get's back to his old scoring ways .... which is doubtful since he didn't even standout on a bad team like the PISTONS.

For Jordan's sake, I'm hoping that Gordon does get his form back ...... he was a scoring beast when he first played for the BULLS years ago.

As for stocking on future picks ..... IMHO, it's good as long as your current team satisfies the realistic expectations of your fanbase ...... something which the BOBCATS have miserably failed to do (heck, they got the worst-ever record last season).

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #5826 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 03:31 PM »

For the BOBCATS, the trade will only be beneficial if Gordon get's back to his old scoring ways .... which is doubtful since he didn't even standout on a bad team like the PISTONS.

to be fair to ben gordon, he wasn't a starter and he wasn't one of the main offensive options of the team. prince led the team in FG attempts followed by greg monroe, brandon knight and rodney stuckey. so he wasn't given much chance to get his offeinsive rhythm back. despite this, he was still able to average in double figures last season

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5827 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 03:35 PM »

For Jordan's sake, I'm hoping that Gordon does get his form back ...... he was a scoring beast when he first played for the BULLS years ago.

As for stocking on future picks ..... IMHO, it's good as long as your current team satisfies the realistic expectations of your fanbase ...... something which the BOBCATS have miserably failed to do (heck, they got the worst-ever record last season).

I think the trade is  already beneficial from a rebuilding standpoint in the sense that they ended up with the better player of the deal plus a first round draft pick. It's a similar strategy from the earlier transaction that landed them Maggette. That trade also got them the pick that became Bismack Biyombo. I don't think their strategy is to win right away. They want to accumulate assets while staying bad enough to get higher picks in the draft.

The acquisition of a bad contract like Gordon's also makes sense since even though the Bobcats have a sizable cap space in 2013, they're aware that they are not gonna entice any major free agents in Charlotte. Instead of using the said cap space to overpay for role players (i.e. Phoenix wih Warrick/Childress/Frye), they acquired a bad contract to fill the void while also getting a future draft pick.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2012 at 03:38 PM by rusty »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5828 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 04:02 PM »
I fully agree that the BOBCATS have no plans to win big right away (actually they wont win; even if they have plans to).

Like I said, as long as their current team satisfies realistic expectations and some progress is seen year-after-year (OKC is as fine example as can be) ...... then stocking on picks will be sound strategy.

In this regard, the 'CATS has failed ..... e.g. they already got smallish PG in Agustin, yet still drafted another smallish PG in Walker a year back.

It's obvious that the 'CATS are in rebuilding mode (Cho-style now) ..... I was just hoping that they spend money when good free-agents are aplenty.

Like I said, if Gordon somehow gets his scoring mojo back ..... then this deal would be okay for the 'CATS.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5829 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 04:39 PM »
Like I said, as long as their current team satisfies realistic expectations and some progress is seen year-after-year (OKC is as fine example as can be) ...... then stocking on picks will be sound strategy.

In this regard, the 'CATS has failed ..... e.g. they already got smallish PG in Agustin, yet still drafted another smallish PG in Walker a year back.

I think it's too early to call the drafting of Kemba as a failure(even as a roster redundancy) in that regard since he was considered as the best player available at the time, even projected as high as the 5th pick.

Last year was also the their first year of their rebuilding mode and they were already projected to be the worst team even before the season began, so the expectations weren't very high to begin with.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5830 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 04:56 PM »
Yup, I see it as redundant having two smallish PG's manning your backcourt - even one as talented as Walker ..... I was hoping that the 'CATS went for high-energy guys last year, since having a pouting (supposed star) Tyrus Thomas can bring down your team a notch.

Kenneth Faried was a fave of mine during that draft ..... just knew that whoever took this guy will reap dividends the soonest. 

Yup, everyone rated the 'CATS among the bottom teams .... however, I think few expected them to actually go for the worst ever win% record.

For Cho's sake ...... Gordon should get his scoring mojo back this season.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5831 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 05:01 PM »
Hope they don't screw up the #2 pick this Friday. Maybe they'll pick Drummond  :D

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5832 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 05:44 PM »
Carmelo Anthony: 'My time is coming'
By Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com
Updated: June 26, 2012, 9:13 PM ET
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2012 at 05:45 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5833 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 05:57 PM »
The choice for Deron Williams is clear ...... the MAVS for a better shot for a title ..... the NETS for max money & max years.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5834 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 06:01 PM »
Hope they don't screw up the #2 pick this Friday. Maybe they'll pick Drummond  :D

I think the 'CATS are trading down ...... read news reports about this also.

This is Cho's & Higgins' draft now ...... Jordan has distanced himself, probably having nightmares about all of his past draft picks/busts.  ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5835 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 06:10 PM »
This is Cho's & Higgins' draft now

Charlotte GM Rich Cho engineers ''one-stop shopping'' scouting database for Bobcats
By Rick Bonnell
[email protected]
Posted: Saturday, Jun. 23, 2012

Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins and general manager Rich Cho

You can instantly look up year-by-year statistics for Boston Celtics great Bill Russell … or any other player in NBA history. You can check the injury archive of a Slovenian playing in the Spanish league or whether a forward in the Development League was ever busted for drugs.

This is Charlotte Bobcats general manager Rich Cho's baby, an Internet-friendly system that took six months and a six-figure cost to develop.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5836 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 06:20 PM »
^ Rich Cho going the moneyball-route for the NBA.  ;D

Hope he does well for the 'CATS.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5837 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 06:34 PM »
Deron Williams turned 28 on Tuesday, so the Brooklyn Nets decided to park a massive sign in front of his Manhattan house to wish him a happy birthday

this is going to be a tug of war between the Mavs and Nets to get Deron Williams.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2012 at 06:36 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5838 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 05:50 AM »
@WojYahooNBA
Milwaukee trades Shaun Livingston, Jon Brockman and Jon Leuer and 12th pick to Houston for Samuel Dalembert and 14th pick.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2012 at 05:50 AM by rusty »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5839 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 06:12 AM »
ESPN mock draft done by NBA players

The Mag asked players from each first-the round team to be their team's General Manager. Lessons? Anthony Davis - surprise! - our No 1 to pick; by Gerald Henderson, thinks the Bobcats need more effort; and NBA players aren't sold on the services of Brad Beal, a consensus top-five pick, who inexplicably fell to the Orlando Magic at No. 19 in our draft. The New Orleans Hornets the forward Jason Smith , you're on the clock ...

1. Anthony Davis, F, Kentucky

Selected by: Jason Smith

"Davis is a young athletic player who has an amazing presence on the defensive end," says Hornets forward Smith about the Wildcat frosh, who blocked almost five shots per game. "That's rare in young players today." (The Hornets were 21st in the NBA in blocks in 2011-12.)

2 Michael Kidd-from Gilchrist , F, Kentucky

Selected by: Gerald Henderson

"More than anything, he just plays really hard, and that's what our team could really use," says Bobcats guard Henderson, the only Charlotte player to start more than 50 games last season. "I wouldn't say he's a great ball handler or shooter or rebounder, but he's got some slashing ability. His effort and passion for the game is what really stands out. "(Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 11.9 ppg and 7.4 rpg last season.)

3 Harrison Barnes , F, UNC,

Selected by: Chris Singleton

"We feel like he can play the 2 or the 3, and that's what we need help with," says Singleton. "We know he can shoot, and with the Wizards being more of an open offense, people can't focus on him ; he'll fit right in with us. "(Barnes scored 17.1 ppg and shot 36 percent of 3-pointers.)

4 Andre Drummond , C, UConn

Selected by: Daniel Gibson

"He's a young, athletic 7-footer with great potential," says Cavs guard Gibson about Drummond, who ranked in the top 30 in both offensive rebound and block percentage. "And, as they say, you just can't teach height. "(Drummond averaged 10 ppg, 7.6 rpg and 2.7 bpg in just over 28 minutes per game.)

5 Thomas Robinson , F, of Kansas

Selected by: the Isaiah Thomas

"I love his physical style, the way he loves to bang," says Kings rookie guard Thomas. "He's long and can run really well, which is good because we like to push it." [SAC led the league in possessions per 48 minutes in. 2011-12]. "With 'Big Cous' DeMarcus Cousins ​​, that would give us one of the best young, front lines in the league. "(Robinson, was the best the defensive throughout rebounder in the nation with a 30.5 the defensive throughout rebounding percentage).

6. Jared Sullinger , F, Ohio State

Selected by: Nolan, Smith

"He's a winner in every way, a skilled big man with the work ethic to succeed," says Blazers guard Smith. "He's got a big body to throw around and has great touch and shooting ability to make plays." (Sullinger, who last week was medically red-flagged by NBA doctors, averaged 17.5 ppg and 9.2 rpg last season).

7 Tyler Zeller , F, UNC,

Selected by: Stephen Curry

"We need to get bigger up front, and Tyler is somebody who could come in and give us depth," says Warriors guard Stephen Curry. "We like to play an inside / out game, so we need that inside presence to open up our shooters. "(In 2011-12, Zeller averaged 16.3 ppg and 9.6 rpg and shot 81 percent from the line.)

8 Kendall Marshall , G, a UNC

Selected by: Ed Davis

"Kendall and I played on the same AAU team together," says fellow Tar Heel Davis about Marshall, who averaged 9.8 apg and had the third highest assist rate in the country last year. "He's a great leader and passes the ball well to the bigs. "

9. Meyers, Leonard, C, Illinois

Selected by: Ben Gordon

"The People keep telling me about his explosiveness, which is a nice plus, for a in big like him," says guard Gordon,. "Of He's a the listener, so being with someone like , Greg Monroe, would be great for him. "(Leonard,'s line for the season : 13.6 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.9 bpg)

10 Austin Rivers , the Duke

Selected by: Jason Smith

"Austin Rivers is an exceptional player at his position," says Smith about the Blue Devils freshman, who averaged more than 15 ppg last year. "He has a very high basketball IQ" (Rivers averaged 15.5 ppg, shooting 43 percent and also averaged 2.3 turnovers a game.)

11 Damian Lillard G Weber State

Selected by: Nolan Smith

"The Blazers' depth chart only has me on it at the PG spot, and Lillard will bring explosiveness to a young back court," Smith says about the Wildcats senior, who averaged 24.5 ppg and shot 41 percent from 3-point range. " He's aggressive and very athletic. "

12 Jeremy Lamb , G, UConn

Selected by: Brandon Jennings

"His future is really bright, and he'll be able to guard the one, two or three," says Bucks guard Jennings about Lamb, who, at 6-foot-5, has a 6-foot-11 wingspan. "With Monta and me, he'll fit right in on the wing, running the floor with us. "

13 Dion Waiters , G, Syracuse,

Selected by: Robin Lopez,

"We need a guy who can provide instant offense, a guy who can take the ball in his hands and score on his terms from the perimeter," says Suns center Lopez. "We just didn't have anyone quite like that coming off the bench this year. "[Waiters averaged 12.6/2.3/2.5 last season.]

14 Marquis Teague, G, Kentucky

Selected by: Patrick Patterson

"First and foremost, he's a Wildcat and a national champion," says fellow former Wildcat and Rockets forward Patterson about Teague, who boasts a 41-inch vertical. "He's a good ball handler and, most importantly, he's lightning quick, which is something that will help us in transition. "

15 Arnett Moultrie , F, Mississippi State

Selected by: Evan Turner

"Moultrie is a very good passer for an athletic big," says Sixers guard Turner. "He's got a lot of energy and has a great motor." (Moultrie averaged 16.4 ppg on 55 percent shooting.)

16 Fab Melo , C, Syracuse

Selected by: Patrick Patterson

"Plain and simple: He's a seven-footer who can defend the rim," Patterson says about the Syracuse sophomore, who had the eighth highest block percentage in the nation last year. "He has room to grow offensively in the NBA, but he's a quality young big at a position of need for us. "

17. Terrence Jones , F, Kentucky

Selected by: Jason Kidd

"We need an athletic big, but I'm going with Jones because he knows how to win," says Mavericks PG Kidd. "And I like that he doesn't have a position. He's just a good basketball player who knows how to get it done. (Jones averaged 12.3 ppg and 7.2 rpg in 2011-12.)

18 John Henson , F, UNC,

Selected by: Wayne, Ellington on

"Henson is a good rebounder and will be a good defender and shot blocker," says Wolves guard Wayne Ellington about his Tar Heel comrade, who averaged 13.7 points and 9.9 rebounds per game last season. (Editor's Note: This pick has been traded to the Houston Rockets.)

19 Bradley Beal, , G, Florida,

Selected by: JJ Redick

"He's the best player available, and he could be the shooting guard Magic fans have longed for, someone who can create his own shot," says Magic guard Redick about the Gators freshman, who averaged 14.6 ppg and 6.5 rpg. "All this is moot if he dropped this far because he has a life-threatening injury or a habit of punching his coaches that I don't know about. "

20. by Kris Joseph , F, Syracuse

Selected by: Wilson Chandler

"He is long, athletic and can really shoot the ball," says Nuggets forward Chandler about Joseph, who averaged 13.4 ppg and 4.7 rpg. "Also, he fits in defensively with the athletes we have.''

21 Perry Jones, III, F, Baylor

Selected by: Avery Bradley

"Jones has a lot of potential," says Celtics guard Avery Bradley about the Bears sophomore. "When you come into the NBA, the main thing is picking it up on defense. If he comes in with that mindset and comes in and plays hard on defense, that usually helps put you on the floor. "

22 Tony Wroten Jr. , G, Washington

Selected by: Avery Bradley

"We're both from Seattle," Bradley says about the 6-foot-5 Huskies freshman. "That's my guy. Tony's a great passer, and he's tall for his position at point guard. He can learn a lot of from [Rajon ] Rondo. "(Wroten averaged 16 ppg, 5 rpg and 3.7 apg last season.)

23 Terrence Ross, G, Washington

Selected by: Jeff Teague

"He flew under the radar because they didn't make the tournament, but Ross is a good combo wing that I could see being a good fit for us," says Hawks guard Teague. "He can score in different ways, and most of the draft boards I've seen have him just outside the lottery, so if he fell to 23, I see us scooping him up. "

24. Royce, White , F, Iowa State

Selected by: Daniel Gibson

"Royce brings versatility from the wing, which is something we can always use more of," Gibson says of the Cyclones forward who led Iowa State team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. "He handles the ball well, battles on the boards and brings great intensity on offense and defense. "

25 Henry Sims, C, Georgetown

Selected by: Tony Allen

"Honestly, I do not know that much about him, but if you can the get size this late in the draft, that's a good thing," says Grizzlies guard Allen the "I like My man Hamed, Haddadi [the Memphis' backup center] if he can get into shape and step things up, but Sims wouldn't be bad coming off the bench. "(Sims averaged 11.6 ppg and six rpg.)

26 Evan Fournier of G, France

Selected by: Tyler Hansbrough

"I like guys with his skillset, and he can provide depth for our team at the 2 and the 3," says Pacers forward Hansbrough. "He'd be nice insurance for George Hill and would give us another Versatile scoring option off the bench is . "

27. D'Aundray Brown, G, Cleveland State

Selected by: Norris, Cole

"Brown led the Horizon League in steals this past season and is a great rebounding wing," says Cole, who played with the 6-foot-4 guard at Cleveland State for three years. "His ability to defend multiple positions and score in the open court would fit right into the Heat system. "

28 , Tomas Satoransky, G and Czech Republic

Selected by: Nick Collison

"I like his length, and he has tremendous upside," says Thunder forward Collison about the 6-foot-7 Satoransky. "It will also give us the ability to keep him overseas."

29 Khris Middleton, , F, Texas A & M

Selected by: Kyle Korver

"He will fit in well because he has the reputation of a hard-working, coachable guy who can be effective without needing to dominate the ball," says Bulls forward Korver about Middleton, who averaged 13.2 ppg, 5 rpg and 2.3 apg.

30 Miles Plumlee , F, Duke,

Selected by: Stephen Curry

"I'm taking him for the same reason I took Tyler Zeller at No. 7, to add depth at the 4 and 5 spot and beef up our rebounding," Curry says about Plumlee, who, at 16.6 percent, ranked seventh in the country in offensive rebound rate last year. "As far as his skills, he moves well and has a lot of confidence in his 15-foot jump shot."

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6946861
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2012 at 06:14 AM by rusty »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5840 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 10:32 AM »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5841 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM »
Lakers interested in trading for Clippers' Mo Williams

Kyle Lowry expected to be traded by the Houston Rockets in the next 24hrs

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5842 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM »
Lakers interested in trading for Clippers' Mo Williams

Kyle Lowry expected to be traded by the Houston Rockets in the next 24hrs

Would Williams fit in with LA?  What you'll be getting is a scoring point guard who needs to shoot to be effective.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5843 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM »
Would Williams fit in with LA?  What you'll be getting is a scoring point guard who needs to shoot to be effective.

they're probably after his 3 point shooting and his familiarity with Mike Brown's system

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5844 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
Lakers also ''working'' to get a 1st round draft pick by offering MWP

they're interested with Perry Jones III and Quincy Miller

also rumored to be offering Pau Gasol for a top 5 pick to draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5845 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM »

Arash Markazi - ESPN Los Angeles

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #5846 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM »

di pa man na draft ma angas na. this is what's wrong with the new school

Offline Clinton

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5847 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM »

oo nga. like what he said before that he wants to guard kobe.

Offline Philjonc

• Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5848 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM »

oo nga baguhan palang malaki na......teka ???

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #5849 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 04:21 PM »
@WojYahooNBA
Milwaukee trades Shaun Livingston, Jon Brockman and Jon Leuer and 12th pick to Houston for Samuel Dalembert and 14th pick.

like the moved.. Hope they make the playoffs next year, one of the best backcourt tandems..
The Pats way...