Author Topic: Measy X6 Users & Support Thread  (Read 37544 times)

Offline jojitb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
san makakakuha nang PDF user manual nang X6?  wala sa measy website e

also, meron ba NFS client ang X6, like the xtreamer? 

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
san makakakuha nang PDF user manual nang X6?  wala sa measy website e

also, meron ba NFS client ang X6, like the xtreamer? 

hingi kita.

come to think of it wala nga NFS ah! FTP lang, SMB. double check ko bro!
toy

Offline jojitb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: Measy X6 Users & Support Thread
« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 03:48 PM »
@toys4geeks
meron ka na po update?

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 05:20 PM »
@toys4geeks
meron ka na po update?

wala pa on NFS, anong nFS client mo btw? wont SMB do the trick for you bro?
toy

Offline lsm0325

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Please don't call me "Sir"..I'm a wife & mother po
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 01:33 PM »
Hi, recently purchased the Measy X6 and this is our first nmt.

Let me just share a few things with our limited use of this device (firmware updated already to 2.02) and I have a few questions.

We are very happy with this purchase, so far it can play our HD and non-HD movies collections and a great  complement for our PS3 (which is use to play Bluray/DVD discs) and Pioneer Pioneer VSX 920 on a 42" plasma.  The kids easily learned it's user friendly GUI. Good PQ and SQ (but will not compare with the blu rays on PS3 though).

Last night, I tried to set up the X6 on our Logitech harmony one remote, but initially, it was not listed on the compatible devices (actually no Measy is listed in logitech).  Having noticed that the X6 remotes resembles that of the egreat r1-ii remote, I instead added this device on the Logitech remote, and viola, except for the power button, all other buttons functions properly, a few "learnings" adjustment made on the powertoggle, and the logitech one now remotely controls the X6.

Next, I tried to access the BT icon, but I ended up getting some chinese character and nothing happens.  So, my question now is how do I set up the BT or add a torrent file on the X6? I have already turned "on" BT and samba on the settings. I can't seem to start or open a torrent file from the files manager, the error message is BT innit or something....

Another question, how do I set up the DNS of the measy X6, so that I can access the player remotely like if I am at the office?  I was able to access the X6 from a PC within the same network, but can I also access this from outside?

Many thanks po!

LG 55LW5000·Pioneer VSX-920K·Todoroki S-RS77TB·Wharfedale WH2·Sony PS3 320GB·Measy X6·Logitech One

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 06:46 AM »
Next, I tried to access the BT icon, but I ended up getting some chinese character and nothing happens.  So, my question now is how do I set up the BT or add a torrent file on the X6? I have already turned "on" BT and samba on the settings. I can't seem to start or open a torrent file from the files manager, the error message is BT innit or something....

http://x6internalIPaddress will let you access it, post your torrent to that service and it will download. but it is still neighbor web that they use. I find Transmissions a lot more stable esp. for bigger files (4GB), but for mp3s the neighbor web seems to cut the job.

Another question, how do I set up the DNS of the measy X6, so that I can access the player remotely like if I am at the office?  I was able to access the X6 from a PC within the same network, but can I also access this from outside?

If your router supports dynamic DNS (so you can assign X6.kicks-ass.org to your IP) and NAT (so you can access ,say, FTP service via ftp X6.kicks-ass.org)
Many thanks po!

toy

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #36 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 08:36 AM »
mukang malalage din ako dito for some queries hehe

ung measy pa kapag sinaksak nyo ung power cable sa outlet magON na agad...

theres a new FW version
2.05  improved daw ung UI
so far so good naman ung unit na nabili ko sa trusted seller...hmmmMMmm sinu kaya sya hahaha

ung di ko lang mapgana so far e ung zoom kapag nakaenabled nagkakaroon ng border sa gilid
but i will kalikot it later....thanks....

pagpindot ko ung zoom or volume it plays at 40 percent lage lumabas
if i press zoom saka volume lang naman ung hindi ko pa mahilot
same thing nung version 1.06 and today we upgrade it to 2.05

« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2011 at 10:11 AM by raider125jeigh »
Love me or hate me.....

Offline lsm0325

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 01:32 PM »

http://x6internalIPaddress will let you access it, post your torrent to that service and it will download. but it is still neighbor web that they use. I find Transmissions a lot more stable esp. for bigger files (4GB), but for mp3s the neighbor web seems to cut the job.

Salamat sir toys4geeks.  Yes, I've tried the neighbor web already, so talagang hindi pwede torrent directly add from the X6 without using a PC? Also, the neighbor web, samba and account management does not work, only the bittorent,  unless there is something wrong with our X6.

How do you use Transmission on X6? 

Another question, what is the default username and password on neighbor web?  I tried to turn on BT and Samba security for protection, but I don't have the name/password.
LG 55LW5000·Pioneer VSX-920K·Todoroki S-RS77TB·Wharfedale WH2·Sony PS3 320GB·Measy X6·Logitech One

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 01:46 PM »
Salamat sir toys4geeks.  Yes, I've tried the neighbor web already, so talagang hindi pwede torrent directly add from the X6 without using a PC? Also, the neighbor web, samba and account management does not work, only the bittorent,  unless there is something wrong with our X6.

How do you use Transmission on X6? 
(there's some talk in E8HD of transmissions, not sure if it will work with X6, i use transmissions from my egreat S900. Dont get me wrong, x6 is a 1185 fast player, there's a new FW you can apply and see if your problem goes away, Good luck)
Another question, what is the default username and password on neighbor web?  I tried to turn on BT and Samba security for protection, but I don't have the name/password.
toy

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 01:47 PM »
zoom and volume seems to work fine

Bro
 toys4geeks  natry ko na din magdl sa torrent (wala pa kasi sa network ung x6 but i put the network cable of the modem directly to it)
and ginagawa ko lang is copy ko ung torrent file (KB data) coming from pc to the external HD 320gb then ill put the 320gb HD sa x6 hanapin ko sya once click magdownload na sya

ang problem lang dapat andun ka lang sa DL page ng torrent.. you can access others but once you access the 320gb hd that is connected to the X6 then it will hang all you need to do is to power off

hindi pwede i multitask ung download and watching movies sa ngayon

papa LSM0325 kapag sinaksak mo ba ung measy x6 mo sa outlet nagturn on agad?
thank you
Love me or hate me.....

Offline lsm0325

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 01:49 PM »

If your router supports dynamic DNS (so you can assign X6.kicks-ass.org to your IP) and NAT (so you can access ,say, FTP service via ftp X6.kicks-ass.org)

Yes, our tp-link gigabit router support dynamic DNS and I was able to set up an account at dyndns.com.  I enabled the X6's internal IP address on the router's DMZ. But when I tried to access using the dyndns.com web address, only the Neighbor web appears, which is very limited, as well as there is no security, so in a span of 1 hour, several viruses were already detected on the X6.  How do I set up the NAT and FTP for this, including the security.  I tried the step by step procedure on Webpage control platform user's manual found on measy website, but I can't get to the "Measy Media Content" page when I tried to access http://X6InternalIPaddress:8081 or 8080.

Maraming salamat po ulit...

Offline lsm0325

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 01:59 PM »
zoom and volume seems to work fine

papa LSM0325 kapag sinaksak mo ba ung measy x6 mo sa outlet nagturn on agad?
thank you

Yes, naka-on agad....

BTW....di po ako papa...I'm a mom...a techie but cool mom at that...  ;)

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:02 PM »
my bad.... :o

theres a new firmware hehehe

can you try to check if you can dl torrent and watch movie at the same time naghang kasi saken kapag sabay
saka better siguro kung may internal 3.5 HD na ako try ko nalang ulit

so far so good naman while watching movies..
i can use youtube, XL and others

Love me or hate me.....

Offline lsm0325

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:05 PM »

(there's some talk in E8HD of transmissions, not sure if it will work with X6, i use transmissions from my egreat S900. Dont get me wrong, x6 is a 1185 fast player, there's a new FW you can apply and see if your problem goes away, Good luck)

Yes, I've read that, and it's way too complicated already for me....may just have to make do with the neighbor web right now and see if the latest FW will help.  If only someone knows the default username and password, para kahit konting security magkaroon to prevent unauthorized access kung access through the web.

Offline lsm0325

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:12 PM »
my bad.... :o

theres a new firmware hehehe

can you try to check if you can dl torrent and watch movie at the same time naghang kasi saken kapag sabay
saka better siguro kung may internal 3.5 HD na ako try ko nalang ulit

so far so good naman while watching movies..
i can use youtube, XL and others

Yes, I've tried that na, I briefly tried dl torrent and watching a movie and/or tried the IMS (youtube XL), and OK naman, pero less than 10 mins lang. We have an internal 2TB HD and another 2TB HD connected via USB, and PLDT DSL 1Mbps kaya ok lang kahit magsabay ang DL and youtube I guess.

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
Yes, I've tried that na, I briefly tried dl torrent and watching a movie and/or tried the IMS (youtube XL), and OK naman, pero less than 10 mins lang. We have an internal 2TB HD and another 2TB HD connected via USB, and PLDT DSL 1Mbps kaya ok lang kahit magsabay ang DL and youtube I guess.

how do you dl movies? hehehe..
you access x6 using pc on the network right? hehehe...bili lang siguro ako Router para kay erpats... salamat
Love me or hate me.....

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 08:53 PM »
Reg X6

Try this if it help...I use this before and it work.

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 02:45 AM »
garfield
i tried that and it works however i was using an external 320GB hd.
when i tried accessing the HD again to watch movies it hangs... so i need to turn off the unit
Love me or hate me.....

Offline lsm0325

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 09:54 AM »
Reg X6

Try this if it help...I use this before and it work.

For me it does not work, when I try to click the BT download icon, a chinese message appears and nothing happens after that  :'( BTW, version 2.02 and connected via wired lan on a gigabit router.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 10:03 AM »
For me it does not work, when I try to click the BT download icon, a chinese message appears and nothing happens after that  :'( BTW, version 2.02 and connected via wired lan on a gigabit router.

dl the latest
toy

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 12:19 PM »

chinese character should appear ang your hard drive should be there so you could select
medyo matagal lang yan kasi parang scan ung hd e... i was able to dl unfortuantely i cannot watch movie afterwards
Love me or hate me.....

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 12:08 PM »
busy mga x6 owners ah...hehehe..

sana iupdate ung firmware na kapag nagstop ung BT DL dapat nagautomatic DL sya pag turn on....
Love me or hate me.....

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 12:15 PM »
have you guys tried browsing and facebook on Measy X6?

V2.05
toy

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 01:13 PM »
have you guys tried browsing and facebook on Measy X6?

V2.05

haven't tried it yet... i let you know one i tried it.. i have 2.05 installed on the unit
Love me or hate me.....

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 01:30 PM »
haven't tried it yet... i let you know one i tried it.. i have 2.05 installed on the unit

Transmissions talaga maganda, i hope they get it running sa Measy X6. My S100 and S900 are just siphoning 24x7 pero i am sure once ported sa Measy X6 yan, gaganda experience mo djan.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2011 at 01:31 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 02:48 PM »
Transmissions talaga maganda, i hope they get it running sa Measy X6. My S100 and S900 are just siphoning 24x7 pero i am sure once ported sa Measy X6 yan, gaganda experience mo djan.

According to Measy Support, they claim X6 is already transmission DL. Can you expound us on this? Thanks!

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 09, 2011 at 02:56 PM »
 puede try http://ipaddress:portidoftransmission see pix below, mine is 9091 sa egreat S900

It will prOmpt for user/password, you'll see from your browser the transmissions interface like below

if transmissions na yan that's really good news for all X6 users

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2011 at 10:44 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 12, 2011 at 10:18 PM »
how do you get the portid of the transmission?
hays di kasi me magaling sa linux....i believe the transmission application should be installed first..

measy support please help huhuhu

DL using measy still not reliable and working....4gb more it doesn't work kahit madami seeders lalabas lang sa neighborhood torrent 6 lang peers DL speed less than 20kbps pero kapag tinry ko using netbook abot ng 250-290kbps take note wireless pa huhuhu
mukhang wala na pagasa sa DL ung measy ah....
sana maagapan pa hehehe
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2011 at 10:20 PM by raider125jeigh »
Love me or hate me.....

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 15, 2011 at 01:01 AM »
how do you get the portid of the transmission?
hays di kasi me magaling sa linux....i believe the transmission application should be installed first..

measy support please help huhuhu

DL using measy still not reliable and working....4gb more it doesn't work kahit madami seeders lalabas lang sa neighborhood torrent 6 lang peers DL speed less than 20kbps pero kapag tinry ko using netbook abot ng 250-290kbps take note wireless pa huhuhu
mukhang wala na pagasa sa DL ung measy ah....
sana maagapan pa hehehe

Bro. I'll inform the Measy support about this matter. Give you update.

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 15, 2011 at 04:52 AM »
Bro. I'll inform the Measy support about this matter. Give you update.
thanks bro
i tried to use another external 320gb and kinda good i was able to dl 4gb file ng maghapon kaya lang panay check ko kasi baka nagstop ung DL...sana auto resume

will buy 1.5tb hd and will try to dl il update you guys.. pero sana ok ung transmission
Love me or hate me.....