Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 141408 times)

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #300 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 06:43 AM »
El Granada strikes again... As I have said if David, Casio and Cio play well at the same time the Tigers will have a chance... Great game indeed...

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #301 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 08:58 AM »
Gary David has always been a SOLID player, he just lacks the luster of other players like James Yap, etc.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #302 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 09:11 AM »
Gary David has always been a SOLID player, he just lacks the luster of other players like James Yap, etc.

No doubt about it... He was always the one getting cut or not even being invited for National Teams, All Stars and Exhibition Games.... This guy played against us in an ointer town competion since his wife hails from Pandi Bulacan and he dropped 48 pts at us in a semi finals match.... :D

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #303 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 01:44 PM »
only 33pts in the first half for RoS.. How the hell do you let them score 43pts in the 4th quarter alone?! akala ko ba never say die ang Ginebra? that was a painful loss..

a painful loss, indeed. perhaps ginebra became too complacent when they were leading by 17 in the third and, IIRC, 13 points midway of the 4th. they took it easy, but it seems they took it easy too much. nawala pa tuloy yung panalo nila. kaya minsan, mas gusto ko pang nalalamangan ang ginebra until midway of the 3rd quarter. dun lumalabas ang pagka-never-say-die ng ginebra. now, their backs are against the wall again. let's see if the never-say-die spirit will be awakened.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #304 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 02:17 PM »
galing ng ginawa ng powerade na yun kagabi... =)

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #305 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 04:30 PM »
galing ng ginawa ng powerade na yun kagabi... =)
pinaka masaya sa lahat ang ALASKA ;D ;D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #306 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 04:57 PM »
pinaka masaya sa lahat ang ALASKA ;D ;D
i doubt it.they have their own problems.this season have got to be the worst season ever for the franchise since johnny a came.imagine only 2 teams were eliminated after the eliimination sila pa yung nakasamang natangal.
tapos may mga balita pa na some key players want to be traded.
while for bmeg,i was a bit surprised that they became the top team after elimination.i know that they will not win the championship this season because of the new system.the reason they won many games is because they veered away from the triangle offense when they started losing consecutive games.

Online newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #307 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 05:31 PM »
ALASKA management has been the most professional & efficient crew in the PBA for a long time now ...... however, they wouldn't be human if they didn't smile a bit, with the recent POWERADE win.  ;)

Any team with a 22-year old system suddenly being erased, will struggle .... add the fact that both Tenorio & Baguio were playing hurt since last season.

Both ALASKA & BMEG will be okay.

Like I've said, some basketball justice was served last night ...... POWERADE was against an excessively loaded team plus arguably the 3-referees as well. Too many non-calls against POWERADE last game.

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2011 at 05:32 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 07:54 PM »
That win by POWERADE, i think they also won the heart of the people/spectators and from now on and through out the tournament, i'm sure many will start cheering for them.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #309 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 02:00 AM »
talo bmeg ko huhuhuhu  :-[
Love me or hate me.....

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #310 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 09:13 AM »
ang bilis na KARMA ni  TIM CONE ;D ;D ;D ;D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 09:35 AM »
ang bilis na KARMA ni  TIM CONE ;D ;D ;D ;D

it happens even to the best of them, kht llamado kpa pag natisod ka mauunahan ka parin ng pilay he he
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 03:35 PM »
Exactly ...... though the more accurate statement is "Mabilis ang karma para kay Joe 'Green Pastures' Devance"

BMEG has had sorry exits since Devance was "magically" traded to them by AIR21 ..... though this should be corrected soon once Tim Cone gets going.

Joe "Green Pastures" Devance was already receiving the PBA maximum salary & got every conceivable oppurtunity at ALASKA (heck, he was the stats leader most of the previous season) ...... yet, this mofo demanded that he be traded to SMC last season.

To add insult to injury, he proudly proclaims that "people shouldn't forget that the PBA is a business".

Wilfred Uytengsu said it best ..... "What's the difference between ALASKA's 350k with SMC's 350k?"

Apparently, Joe "Green Pastures" Devance knows the answer.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2011 at 07:49 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 08:27 PM »
Exactly ...... though the more accurate statement is "Mabilis ang karma para kay Joe 'Green Pastures' Devance"

BMEG has had sorry exits since Devance was "magically" traded to them by AIR21 ..... though this should be corrected soon once Tim Cone gets going.

Joe "Green Pastures" Devance was already receiving the PBA maximum salary & got every conceivable oppurtunity at ALASKA (heck, he was the stats leader most of the previous season) ...... yet, this mofo demanded that he be traded to SMC last season.

To add insult to injury, he proudly proclaims that "people shouldn't forget that the PBA is a business".

Wilfred Uytengsu said it best ..... "What's the difference between ALASKA's 350k with SMC's 350k?"

Probably Devance thinks SMC is a bigger company and perhaps better future for him should he be acquainted with the SMC group.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #314 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM »
^a better future only goes to those who knows how to look back on people who gave you the path to success.

i doubt if devance would even get to where he wants, this one reminded me of vince hizon, given the chance by ginebra but got lured by huge contract for the MBA, eventually was not able to get his pay and eventually just faded away.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #315 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 11:05 PM »

hahaha...

greener pastures na ata ngayon...kung ako din un malamang - i cant decide yet hehehe

bawi nalang BMEG ko
Love me or hate me.....

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 01:47 PM »
it's make or break for the gin kings tonight.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #317 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 02:24 PM »
go go go bgk!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 02:32 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

ginebra, i'm sure, has learned it's lesson and will make the necessary adjustment. BUT, as what game 1 has shown, RoS found the chink in ginebra's armor and will definitely pound on it again tonight.

RoS wants to win tonight's game as much as ginebra does. i expect game 2 to be highly emotional...and extremely physical. expect tempers to blow here and there. and expect double of that if their series go on to a game 3.

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 03:29 PM »
ROS has never had much playoff success against BGK (or against any elite team) ...... however, if they find a way to close out BGK - it could be the start of a trend for them.

Sometimes, it takes one big series win to define a team. 

ROS has one of the more balanced lineups in the PBA - with mostly young players, just entering their prime. Their lineup is in it for the long-haul .... they just need to get over that Finals-slot hump.   

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 06:09 PM »
ROS has never had much playoff success against BGK (or against any elite team) ...... however, if they find a way to close out BGK - it could be the start of a trend for them.

Sometimes, it takes one big series win to define a team. 

ROS has one of the more balanced lineups in the PBA - with mostly young players, just entering their prime. Their lineup is in it for the long-haul .... they just need to get over that Finals-slot hump.   

i'm hoping for another UPSET. Another SMC team out of the semis so there wont be a scenario that sister teams will have to play each other.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 06:51 PM »
if you want to win a game, you never, ever, let an opponent score over 40pts in any quarter of a playoff game.. sabi nga ng kasabihan, "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you."

43pts in the 4th quarter of game 1 then 41pts in the 1st quarter of game 2.. you don't have a chance of winning unless your up by 50 already..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 07:02 PM »
that was a very listless, hapless, out of sync and, perhaps, a very demoralized ginebra we saw out there. it seems that they have not yet gotten over their stunning loss last friday. 41 points scored by RoS in the first quarter!!!  :o that was an ominous sign.

well, "that's all folks" for ginebra this conference. next conference looks promising for them...

moving on, it will be a good match-up between RoS and Powerade. both youth-laden team. i'm for RoS on this. However, assuming that RoS moves on to the finals, i don't think they will win the championship.

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 07:32 PM »
Just to shake-up the norm ..... ROS-POWERADE semis is a welcome sight - either one would make a good cinderella story.

Good for both teams, good for the league & good for true fans of the sport.

However, looking at Chito Salud's face after POWERADE's upset win over BMEG (when Gary David went over for a handshake) - the Commish was one disappointed man.  ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #324 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 07:53 PM »
so what is happening? The winner of the match between ROS and Powerade goes to the finals? and the winner of the Petron Meralco tiff goes to the finals too, sorry but not watching the games

is ROS the one coached by Guioa? if it is i like them in the finals, maganda chances with a champion coach
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 08:02 PM »
Semis
ROS vs POWERADE
TNT vs PETRON
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #326 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 09:07 AM »
that was a very listless, hapless, out of sync and, perhaps, a very demoralized ginebra we saw out there. it seems that they have not yet gotten over their stunning loss last friday. 41 points scored by RoS in the first quarter!!!  :o that was an ominous sign.

well, "that's all folks" for ginebra this conference. next conference looks promising for them...

moving on, it will be a good match-up between RoS and Powerade. both youth-laden team. i'm for RoS on this. However, assuming that RoS moves on to the finals, i don't think they will win the championship.

buti na lang di ko napanood brader  :'(  ang sama naman ng depensa nila kung ganon, 41 pts in the 1st quarter? anong nangyari dun?  di kaya sinadyang magpatalo ng para mapansin na sila ng SMC management na pilay na pilay na talaga frontman or lineup ng ginebra?  ???
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 09:36 AM »
di kaya sinadyang magpatalo ng para mapansin na sila ng SMC management na pilay na pilay na talaga frontman or lineup ng ginebra?  ???

di naman siguro, brader. ok naman line-up nila eh. and they have 2 first round draft pick next season. di katulad nung incoming si marlou aquino. plus, this is supposed to be JJ's last conference. kaya tingin ko di nila sinadya un. talaga lang wala silang gana kagabi.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 09:40 AM »
BGK probably want an early vacation to enjoy the holiday break at next year nlng babawi with a much improved line up.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 09:53 AM »
ROS was just hot from everywhere, all night long ...... much like POWERADE was, during Q4 & OT of it's knockout game versus BMEG.

GINEBRA is widely viewed now by fans, as the 3rd wheel in the SMC family - despite arguably being the most consistent performing team, ahead of both BMEG & PETRON.

In some ways this is true, since Non & Eala has stacked both PETRON & BMEG with talent ..... courtesy of Pimp Daddy Bert Lina, of course.

GINEBRA has also been provided with talent; courtesy mostly of then RED BULL & Bert Lina teams ..... however the talent was mainly of the PG/SG variety e.g. Baguio, Cortez, Intal, Miller, C.Cruz, J.Wilson (draft rights via R.BULL), etc.

I'd say, some of the fault lies with Jong Uichico. Through the years, GINEBRA has had the oppurtunity to draft (Sena, Matias, Rodriguez, Llagas, Acibar, etc) or develop some of it's bigs (Kramer, Villanueva, Cervantez, etc) ..... yet Uichico insists on his small-ball plan - will make for exciting games, yet will usually fail against the other elite teams.