Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 141560 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 379
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #510 on: Feb 07, 2012 at 04:13 PM »
are naturalized pinoys still considered as foreigners and, thus, are considered as imports? i asked this because marcus douthit is the import of air21 this coming conference.

Apparently so ..... under PBA eligibility rules, naturalized Filipinos are not allowed to play as locals.

They can play as imports though ..... similar to Alex Compton's situation years ago.

Good for Bert Lina's AIR21 team in getting a known commodity in Douthit ..... however, if rules do allow it - I'm very sure that Bert "Pimp Daddy" Lina will immediately sell este trade Douthit's rights to an SMC or MVP team for a future draft pick.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #511 on: Feb 07, 2012 at 04:37 PM »
a player needs to have Filipino blood to play in the PBA.. and, no, blood transfusion doesn't count.. ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2012 at 04:37 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #512 on: Feb 08, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
read in today's newspaper, Powerade - Petron trade of Lassiter for Baclao and Guevarra has been formally received by the PBA Office. it will be reviewed pa raw since Comm. Salud is out of the country pa.

an emergency board meeting is scheduled for Friday as well, that was requested by Rain or Shine to inform them and to deliberate on the plans of Powerade.

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: Feb 08, 2012 at 02:56 PM »
a player needs to have Filipino blood to play in the PBA.. and, no, blood transfusion doesn't count.. ;D

BIG CHECK!
pera na din ang labanan ngayon!

Offline jericm

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: Feb 08, 2012 at 09:24 PM »
http://sports.inquirer.net/33963/vargas-questions-lassiter-trade

Look who's talking now.... ;D remember r.reyes and williams to TNT from sta. lucia just before MVP bought the franchise now meralco's?

Ang magnanakaw galit sa kapwa magnanakaw   :D
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: Feb 08, 2012 at 10:53 PM »
Indeed, much like Chavit was to Erap ..... galit ang magnanakaw sa kapwa magnanakaw.

** Both the SMC & MVP groups, together with their Bert Lina farm teams are systematically destroying the PBA ..... all in the name of winning.

Ricky Vargas looking like the MVP lapdog with his comments ..... similar scenario when TnT "got" Williams & Reyes juse before the SLR franchise was officially purchased by MVP.

In fairness, the MVP boys did commit both Williams & Reyes to GILAS as "justification" for the trade (also confirmed then by SLR's Buddy Encarnado) ..... Williams went on with his GILAS stints, while Reyes was never picked by Toroman owing to his solid guard lineup.

** Have to feel for JB Baylon ..... it's very obvious that the Lassiter sale este trade was conceived way above his pay grade ..... actually, way above most local COKE executive heads. 

Let's see how Commisioner Cheato Salud handles this Lassiter sale este trade.

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #516 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 01:09 AM »
if it is lassiter in exchange for guevarra and baclao.i think it is a fair deal.those 2 players are former no 1 and 3 draft pick i believe

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #517 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 04:06 AM »
if it is lassiter in exchange for guevarra and baclao.i think it is a fair deal.those 2 players are former no 1 and 3 draft pick i believe

It's potentially more  of an unfair deal for Petron. Baclao and Guevarra can definitely still improve given the playing time. They showed flashes of brilliance during the last 2 conferences given their limited playing time. But playing time is what Petron cannot give them. Petron wants players who can immediately provide the scoring and hustle in defense which Lassiter can give. Baclao always provides good defense but his offense has not yet been developed. Guevarra provides offense but his defense is still suspect.

Some bad trades made by San Miguel/Petron are those which got them Cablay who was a "Sablay" in a San Miguel uniform. It seems Cablay only plays well for Alaska. Also the trade that gave away LA Tenorio and Larry Fonacier. San Miguel couldn't wait for these two players to mature but now they are main cogs in their respective teams. Also Espinas who now plays solidly for Meralco.

It seems TnT has more sense when making trades. They trade away players only after the player has shown that he could not work within TnT's system.

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
sana lang powerade is not sold to smc... yan ikinagagalit ng alaska management, kasi parang its them vs the world (mvp and smc).

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #519 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 10:13 AM »
i have long been a fan of Alaska specifically jolas, this team got me hooked with the pba, during those days, ang ganda ganda ng takbo, i specially liked the year when purefoods was just a rookie team becasue again of jolas.

in the past two years or so, nakakawalang gana na kase nga dahil sa SMC teams, yun palang nag papalit palit ng coach ang smc nakakasuya na, mas lalong nakakasuya yung mga trades na nangyayari.

kung naging maayos sana ang distribution ng players mas masarap manood, imagine yung ibang team nagiging whipping boys na lang ,mas maganda ang kompitisyon kung lahat ng teams get a share of the pie equally
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 10:14 AM »

Not a good and fair trade IMO.

** Draft ranking is not an accurate gauge on trade parity - much less individual performance.

** Lassiter has been a great prospect as far back when he first played for GILAS .... he has been among the stats leader, even at his rookie conference. He's just tough both on offense & defense.

Baclao is like majority of the bigs that goes through the PBA every draft ..... tall, slow and offensively limited. He does have decent post defense, but so does Rommel Adducul right now.

Guevarra has good upside ..... but I'm kinda reminded a bit by a former NCAA star from years back - Reuben Dela Rosa. Both drafted 3rd overall and had great hops (Dela Rosa's athleticism was off the charts).

However, both had "gigil" with their games .... nauuna ang kilos palagi, moreso for Dela Rosa.

Coach Ato Agustin likes his players tough ..... tells you something, when this past conference, Guevarra played behind Lutz, Yeo, Tugade and rookie Marc Agustin ..... last season, he even played behind Duncil.

** The health of the PBA. 

POWERADE was runner-up in the recent AFC, mainly through the efforts of David, Casio & Lassiter.

For a perennial tailender to suddenly become Finals runner-up upholds the very essence of a draft - which is, losing teams get to rebuild with the better draft opportunities.

Many years ago, Bogs Adornado was to be traded to San Miguel .... then PBA commisioner voided this proposed trade, since it will greatly affect league parity.

POWERADE is a great story for the PBA - now & the near future ..... let's keep it this way.

** Professional ethics

Baclao & Guevarra were part of the trade last season wherein the two, with Al-Hussaini, were traded by Bert "Pimp Daddy" Lina's AIR21 to PETRON for an aged Seigle, Pena, Artadi & Hontiveros.

The centerpiece of course was Hontiveros, since he was still a starting SG at the time ..... lo and behold, Hontiveros was back with PETRON after just a single conference.

It's exteremely obvious that SMC is (and had been) pirating and double-dipping for the longest time now .... getting the best players via sister teams & 3rd party lackeys.

Where does it stop?

Will it take a 1-2-3 finish by SMC teams for Noli Eala & Robert Non to stop with the player pirating?

Will it take 1 or 2 teams to bolt the PBA for Comm. Chito Salud to open his eyes about the player pirating and selling?

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 12:14 PM »
Powerade - Petron trade of Lassiter for Baclao and Guevarra has been formally received by the PBA Office. it will be reviewed

formality na lang yan. wala pang "trade" na nadis-approve involving SMC.

kung naging maayos sana ang distribution ng players mas masarap manood, imagine yung ibang team nagiging whipping boys na lang ,mas maganda ang kompitisyon kung lahat ng teams get a share of the pie equally

agree with you kabayang tirso. di katulad dati, ang hirap magsabi kung sino ang malakas dahil halos lahat, pantay-pantay.

i think it would be better if the PBA revert to its old system of having just two sister teams in the league. to add, i think it would stop the BS if the PBA would implement a policy limiting the trades involving similar company/team owners to just one trade transaction per season.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 01:07 PM »
kelan ba umpisa ng 2nd conference?diba may mga import na?

sa tingin ko lalo ng gumagaya ang PBA sa NBA.
(NBA D-League nagkaroon na din ng PBA D-League)

yung mga ibang team bumubuo ndn ng BIG 3 sa knilang team, kaya ngiging kwawa ang mga ibang team na wla msyadong pera pra kmuha ng malalaking players.

tignan mo mga ilang years pa magkakaron ndn sa PBA ng LOCK-OUT!hahahaha...

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 01:14 PM »
tomorrow na ang start ng 2nd conference.

1st Game  Barako Bull vs Alaska
2nd Game Bmeg vs Meralco

looking forward to how the imports perform and likewise an update tomorrow on the board meeting re: powerade's future.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 01:39 PM »
^ Nice that the PBA resumes quite early.

By the way, many years ago, the PBA had an effective trading system ..... the Restricted Trade List.

All of the teams were mandated to select 2 of its marquee players, to be placed under RTL protection ..... RTL players can ONLY be traded for another RTL player.

The RTL helped in preventing lopsided trades, since trading value will surely guarantee value in return.

Ironically, the RTL was instituted during Noli Eala's term as PBA Commissioner ..... Noli Eala, is currently SMC Head of basketball operations - the very same person who is masterminding SMC's player pirating ways in the PBA ..... goes to show, how money can bend the principles of some people.

Unfortunate that the RTL system was all but destroyed by .... no surpise .... SMC.

SAN MIGUEL connived with then RED BULL, by sneakily removing MVP runner-up Enrico Villanueva from the RTL .... then buying este trading for him ..... in exchange for the godlike Don Camaso (via Rommel Adducul).

Don Camaso was eventually waived by RED BULL after playing for a few months.

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 01:50 PM »
mga sir meron ba kayong sets ng mga imports na lalaro ngayon?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #526 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 02:03 PM »
mga sir meron ba kayong sets ng mga imports na lalaro ngayon?

Air21 - Marcus Douthit
Alaska - Adam Parada (returning)
B-Meg - Denzel Bowles
Barako - DerMarr Johnson
Ginebra - Chris Alexander (returning)
Meralco - Jelani McCoy (injured and might be replaced by Jarrid Famous)
Petron - Nick Fazekas
Powerade - Dwayne Jones
Rain or Shine - Duke Crews
TNT - Omar Samhan

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 09:38 PM »
if this is a real document then Powerade should inform the board na talaga..

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/powerade-franchise-offered-for-sale-to-smc-last-november

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 05:30 AM »
^ And just like that, the Lassiter trade has been put on hold ..... immediately, after a sensitive document was revealed to the public.

“I don’t want to impute bad faith or anything about the trade, pero hindi naman ako tanga,” said Salud.

Would Salud give out the same strong words if the document was not revealed?

Methinks not.  ;D

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #529 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 07:43 AM »
Air21 - Marcus Douthit
Alaska - Adam Parada (returning)
B-Meg - Denzel Bowles
Barako - DerMarr Johnson
Ginebra - Chris Alexander (returning)
Meralco - Jelani McCoy (injured and might be replaced by Jarrid Famous)
Petron - Nick Fazekas
Powerade - Dwayne Jones
Rain or Shine - Duke Crews
TNT - Omar Samhan

dba NBA Player yan si DerMarr Johnson?
ung Fazekas din ba?parang may nakita akong ganyang apilido sa NBA..
ung sa Meralco daw 6'11, kasi yung mga barkada ko nagpunta sila sa Nike Titan, nkita nila si C.Ross may ksamang import napaka-laki daw pero ndi nila kilala ung kasama.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 08:17 AM »
^ Yup, D. Johnson was a decent NBA forward years ago.

Let's all hope he puts on a show this conference.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #531 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 08:39 AM »
Those trades are unhealthy to the PBA as premium players are being sent to RICH teams like SMC and TNT pan naman un ibang teams?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM »
dapat SMC vs MVP na lang ang PBA tutal silang dalawa lang naman ang naglalaban talaga e..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 01:14 PM »
^ And just like that, the Lassiter trade has been put on hold ..... immediately, after a sensitive document was revealed to the public.

“I don’t want to impute bad faith or anything about the trade, pero hindi naman ako tanga,” said Salud.

Would Salud give out the same strong words if the document was not revealed?

Methinks not.  ;D

me too.  :D pa-cute na lang nya yan to make it appear na hindi nya kinukunsinte ang mga ganitong trades at palabasin na hindi nya alam na may ganung dokumento. Mr. Salud --- hindi din kami tanga!
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 03:30 PM »
me too.  :D pa-cute na lang nya yan to make it appear na hindi nya kinukunsinte ang mga ganitong trades at palabasin na hindi nya alam na may ganung dokumento. Mr. Salud --- hindi din kami tanga!

+ 1  ;D

I'd bet P100 that Comm. Salud's statement was a direct (albeit delayed) jab to ALASKA owner Fred Uytengsu's own press release months ago.

This was when Joe "Green Pastures" Devance initiated a trade from ALASKA - even though he was already receiving the maximum contract (P350k) and wasn't lacking for playing time or anything.   

Mr. Fred Uytengsu to Comm. Chito Salud:
“Our P350,000 is as good as the next team’s P350,000. So I ask the Commissioner (Chito Salud) ‘what’s going on? He says ‘I don’t have evidence’. Well, I say, dig for it, that’s your job. We’re not idiots.”

Good that the games are here again ...... best answer to temporarily forget about all the sh*t happening in the sidelines.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 06:28 PM »
getting blown out by 20pts isn't the start you want if you're Alaska.. it's not a good time, as well, to completely abandon the triangle when you've got a 7-foot import and Sonny Thoss to man the post.. a run and gun type with Parada, Thoss and Reyes doesn't really look like a good idea..

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #536 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 06:45 PM »
getting blown out by 20pts isn't the start you want if you're Alaska.. it's not a good time, as well, to completely abandon the triangle when you've got a 7-foot import and Sonny Thoss to man the post.. a run and gun type with Parada, Thoss and Reyes doesn't really look like a good idea..

kung ako sa alaska mag disband na lang ako tapos ibenta ko ang team ko sa SMC, ganun din naman eh paano ka mananalo sa PBA ng kampyonato eh apat na team na kalaban mo iisa may ari pag sablay magpalitan ng coach or mag trade ng player
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #537 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM »
kung ako sa alaska mag disband na lang ako tapos ibenta ko ang team ko sa SMC, ganun din naman eh paano ka mananalo sa PBA ng kampyonato eh apat na team na kalaban mo iisa may ari pag sablay magpalitan ng coach or mag trade ng player

i'd rather keep the team and just sell my players just like Lina's farm team.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: PBA Season 37 - Second Conference
« Reply #538 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 08:51 PM »
paano ka mananalo sa PBA ng kampyonato eh apat na team na kalaban mo iisa may ari pag sablay magpalitan ng coach or mag trade ng player

TnT has proven that it is possible...twice last season and once this season.

Good that the games are here again ...... best answer to temporarily forget about all the sh*t happening in the sidelines.

agree. at least we have something else to talk about now. but i'm sure we will still have a lot of sh*t to talk about regarding this conference.  ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: PBA Season 37 - Second Conference
« Reply #539 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 09:21 PM »
TnT has proven that it is possible...twice last season and once this season.

That's because TnT owns the PBA.. ;D

seriously, though, parang si MVP na nagbabayad sa mga empleyado ng PBA.. PLDT has naming rights to Araneta where most of the games are played.. they are paying for the renovation of Araneta so they have a stake at the gate receipts.. they're even buying tickets to give to their employees.. the broadcast rights belong to AKTV, the sports arm of TV5 owned by MVP.. he's the one paying the producers, the commentators, camera men, etc. and if you watched the broadcast nung 1st conference, wala masyadong ads na tumatakbo sa mga broadcasts.. one source of income of the PBA is the ad spots sold during broadcast.. but since you don't see ads during broadcast, how are they earning through it? nagka-ads during the playoffs na.. tapos halos lahat pa ng ads na pinalabas are from companies owned by MVP.. so basically, MVP is buying ad spots during games aired by his own broadcast team..

this is just something I noticed.. parang yung mga pumapasok na pera sa PBA ay galing kay MVP and his companies..