Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 141511 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 379
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #750 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 09:26 AM »
i still believe they should have stuck it out with Alexander

Hehe. Same here .... been saying it since the day Alexander was sacked.

Still, Vroman seemed like a decent gamble, given his pedigree .... he was a known hothead in the international game - though I don't think anyone anticipated he'd be THAT unstable.

Kinda reminds me of Art Long years ago.

==============================================================================

In other news, ALASKA confirms that Joel Banal is out and Luigi "0-28" Trillo is in as interim head coach.

It's beginning to look like ALASKA will be leaving the PBA soon ..... moreso with the sale of majority control to a Dutch corporation.

It'll be a sad day, if the lone vanguard of truth & fairness in the PBA would finally leave.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #751 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 09:30 AM »
Sobrang panget ng officiating last night.
Halos magwrestling na tuloy mga players.

PBA really needs more training for the refs to properly control the game.
Nakakafrustrate majority sa mga calls especially sa mga players.

An example is yung foul called on Hatfield while guarding/evading Bowles after which Hatfield screamed the hell out on the ref's face... Pero hindi siya tinawagan ng technical dahil siguro alam ng ref na kabobohan yung tawag nyang foul on Hatfield.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #752 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 09:36 AM »
^ Like I said, I've just seen 2 consecutive blowout games done by REFS in the PBA.

The FT disparity last night was just mind-boggling.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #753 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM »
It's beginning to look like ALASKA will be leaving the PBA soon .....

i hope noli "f***ing lover boy" eala goes first.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM by -sniper- »
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #754 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM »
yes, the officiating really needs to improve. inconsistent kasi may mga physical plays na let-go ng mga refs and players get called naman for silly touch fouls.

for alaska, its a sad day. Joel Banal is doing a great job as head coach of alaska given the lineup that he has.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM »
at the post-game interview last night, sabi ni Tim Cone, "I'm excited to go up against Chot." ;D

di pa nga tapos yung TnT-Barako series.. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #756 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM »
at the post-game interview last night, sabi ni Tim Cone, "I'm excited to go up against Chot." ;D

Let's see who can work the refs better, the master (Tim cone) or the evil protege (Chot Reyes) ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #757 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 02:35 PM »
Hehe. Same here .... been saying it since the day Alexander was sacked.

Still, Vroman seemed like a decent gamble, given his pedigree .... he was a known hothead in the international game - though I don't think anyone anticipated he'd be THAT unstable.

Kinda reminds me of Art Long years ago.

==============================================================================

In other news, ALASKA confirms that Joel Banal is out and Luigi "0-28" Trillo is in as interim head coach.

It's beginning to look like ALASKA will be leaving the PBA soon ..... moreso with the sale of majority control to a Dutch corporation.

It'll be a sad day, if the lone vanguard of truth & fairness in the PBA would finally leave.

sayang si jolas pala ang isa sa pinag pilian, sana kung si jolas, mag tyaga na ulit ako manood, Jolas is my basketball idol

bakit si luigi eh kahit nga sa amateur wala namang pinakitang maganda yan, mukhang patiklop na nga ang Alaska, sayang, tuluyan ng magiging SMC league and PBA, may manood pa kaya?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #758 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 03:01 PM »
yahoo.....panalo bmeg ko

sana manalo din ako TNT ko....
Love me or hate me.....

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #759 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 03:19 PM »
syempre para kumita malamang TnT ang mananalo. sayang naman yung ibabayad ng mangilan-ngilan nilang fans na nanonood ng serye laban sa Barako Bull. pero mas nakapanghihinayang yung ibabayad ni MVP para sa mga ticket na ipamimigay sa mga empleyado ng mga kumpanya niya

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #760 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 04:35 PM »

Does this mean Joel resigned and leaved the team for good or he stays and just demoted to assistant coach again and let Luigi take the driver's seat?
Luigi coached ADU for 6 or 7 years and wasnt able to prove anything as an amateur coach.
He was a total failure despite all the support thrown to him to bring back ADU to its glory days of Hector Calma and Coach Moises Urbiztondo.
I think Alaska should give Banal at least 2 years as head coach to prove himself.
Its a lot of pressure on him to maintain Alaska's winning tradition with Tim Cone but winning didnt come easy when Tim started with Alaska before he finally breaked the ice with the proper line up to make Alaska one of the elite teams in the PBA.

pwede naman nila gayahin un SMC style of hiring a coaching line up and shuffle them to coach para iba iba ang diskarte sa mga games.

Like BGK, another set back for coach SIOT so malamang CHUALAI (alfrancis) will take over as head coach next year.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2012 at 04:46 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #761 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 04:56 PM »
Does this mean Joel resigned and leaved the team for good or he stays and just demoted to assistant coach again and let Luigi take the driver's seat?
I think Alaska should give Banal at least 2 years as head coach to prove himself.
Its a lot of pressure on him to maintain Alaska's winning tradition with Tim Cone but winning didnt come easy when Tim started with Alaska before he finally breaked the ice with the proper line up to make Alaska one of the elite teams in the PBA.

pwede naman nila gayahin un SMC style of hiring a coaching line up and shuffle them to coach para iba iba ang diskarte sa mga games.

Like BGK, another set back for coach SIOT so malamang CHUALAI (alfrancis) will take over as head coach next year.

the official statement is that Banal resigned.. rumors say he was fired.. there has long been talk that a lot of Alaska players didn't like how Banal quickly took away the triangle system.. this led to some resentment.. ang hirap daw kasi pag-aralan ng triangle tapos biglang aalisin agad.. nahirapan mag-adjust yung players.. Banal was doing everything daw to make Alaska his team and not Tim Cone's anymore.. he really wanted to be out of Cone's shadow.. in their 1st win this conference nga, you can hear the frustration from Cyrus Baguio when he was interviewed as player of the game.. sabi niya sana daw tuloy-tuloy na yung paggamit ng maayos na system..

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #762 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 05:01 PM »

The official word from owner Wilfred Uytengsu is that Joel Banal resigned voluntarily ..... having failed to lead ALASKA to semis stints the past 2 conferences.

Uytengsu is known to demand excellence from his staff ..... but Joel Banal was signed-on for a 3-year contract ...... pulling the plug after just 2 conferences seems illogical. 

There's the distinct possibility that Uytengsu is doing all of this, to pave the way for an eventual sale of the franchise .... which he has publicly threatened to do before.

Besides the obvious factor of having a bad economy, the PBA is a far different place now than before ..... parity is at it's lowest with SMC & MVP teams blatantly hoarding & acquiring talent without any regard to perceived salary cap violations ...... all of this being done via the lackey teams of Bert Lina.

Also, a Dutch corporation controls ALASKA now ..... Dutch arent known as fans of basketball.

Luigi Trillo has had close ties with the CEBUANA-LHULLIER group for years now ..... if ever ALASKA sells its franchise, that group would be a good place to start ..... or maybe, its under negotiations already.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #763 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 09:32 PM »
So its TIM vs CHOT and again SMC (Bmeg) vs TNT sa PBA Finals.

Bmeg is BIG so i think they should have the edge and finish TNT in 5 or 6 games.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #764 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 05:46 AM »
Lets give Luigi Trillo a chance. Malay natin sa PBA cya mag excel... Like what Siot did when he first coached Ginebra... Dont be too negative  ;)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #765 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 07:50 AM »
Lets give Luigi Trillo a chance. Malay natin sa PBA cya mag excel... Like what Siot did when he first coached Ginebra... Dont be too negative  ;)

I'd actually want Luigi Trillo to succeed ..... after all, it's ALASKA - the only team which (besides ROS) which plays fair and conducts it's PBA business above-board.

Most just can't help notice the fact ...... a.) Joel Banal was fired just 2 conferences into his 3-year contract ...... b.) his replacement, Luigi Trillo did go winless in his first 2-seasons with AdU - a record for all the wrong reasons.

It's likely that Trillo has learned his lessons & improved his craft, by this time ..... I would have wanted ALASKA to finish the season first, before making any coaching assessments.

Offline jericm

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #766 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 08:13 AM »
I agree that Trillo be given a chance to prove himself.... but can't help but think..... nakuha niya ba ang coaching job dahil sa influence ng tatay nya? Same goe sto the son of Chot Reyes at TNT.... ala pang background kahit sa collegiate level and yet assistant coach na sa PBA? ???
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #767 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 08:43 AM »
I agree that Trillo be given a chance to prove himself.... but can't help but think..... nakuha niya ba ang coaching job dahil sa influence ng tatay nya? Same goe sto the son of Chot Reyes at TNT.... ala pang background kahit sa collegiate level and yet assistant coach na sa PBA? ???

ALASKA has always been a close-knit team, preferring to tap ex-players & close associates for its staff ..... Luigi had a decent UAAP playing career & has been a longtime assistant coach ..... having Joaqui Trillo as dad will open some doors as well (like it did years ago, when he was appointed AdU head coach).

I would have preferred the modest gamble in Jojo Lastimosa over Luigi Trillo ..... but Uytengsu has made his choice & let's support ALASKA's quest ..... in Uytengsu's own words "win with honor."

TnT's Josh Reyes ...... he's a different thing altogether.

Let's just say that daddy Chot Reyes is a vain whiner who loves to hear himself talk ..... he'd like nothing more than to pass his son as a "genius" like himself.

Offline jericm

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #768 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 08:52 AM »
ALASKA has always been a close-knit team, preferring to tap ex-players & close associates for its staff ..... Luigi had a decent UAAP playing career & has been a longtime assistant coach ..... having Joaqui Trillo as dad will open some doors as well (like it did years ago, when he was appointed AdU head coach).

I would have preferred the modest gamble in Jojo Lastimosa over Luigi Trillo ..... but Uytengsu has made his choice & let's support ALASKA's quest ..... in Uytengsu's own words "win with honor."

TnT's Josh Reyes ...... he's a different thing altogether.

Let's just say that daddy Chot Reyes is a vain whiner who loves to hear himself talk ..... he'd like nothing more than to pass his son as a "genius" like himself.

How right you are sir. This fella thinks he is a cut above the rest of the field.... even in his fashion sense... while the other teams' coaching staff wear their respective uniforms, he makes an effort to make a scene just by wearing those wild outfits... ;D

But come interview time, he will always try to gain the sympathy of everyone ....
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #769 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 09:19 AM »
it looks like alaska will be the team to be sold during the offseason and not powerade?

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #770 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 09:33 AM »
it looks like alaska will be the team to be sold during the offseason and not powerade?

Nobody outside of SMC would want ALASKA to leave the PBA.

However, ALASKA selling its franchise has become a distinct possibility: ..... Uytengsu selling majority control to Dutch Corp RFC ..... plus the close ties of Trillo with CEBUANA-LHULLIER might be a clue.

If ever ALASKA sells its franchise, they'll only sell it to a non-SMC & MVP team ..... kinda like CEBUANA-LHULLIER, who had been exploring the PBA for the past few years now.

===================================================================================

POWERADE selling its franshise to SMC should be a foregone conclusion ..... the extremely questionable & blatant attempt to trade super-rookie Marcio Lassiter PLUS the revelation of a very sensitive corporate document, has all but confirmed the sale.

I'd treat that document as truth ..... a.) who the hell would make up such a document? ....... b.) who the hell would forge the signature of a foreigner president of a multinational corporation?

Like I had posted before ..... POWERADE & SMC were caught with their pants down, the last time around ..... they wont make the same mistake again.

The next attempt to trade Lassiter (and others) will be "legal" to PBA Comm. Cheato Salud.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #772 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 01:40 PM »
is mikee romero still interested in owning a pba team?

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #773 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 01:55 PM »
Cebuana will be much better specially if they can bring in talents mostly from the south.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #774 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 02:19 PM »
Cebuana will be much better specially if they can bring in talents mostly from the south.

Yup ..... I've always believed that some regional passion is needed to spur the growth of the PBA.

It was the main selling point of the MBA ..... unfortunate that many other factors contributed to their downfall.

The old MAMA's LOVE team showed that a Visayan team can carve a niche here in Manila ...... bringing with them more fans and more regional interest.

CEBUANA-LHULLIER will likely make a good future team in the PBA ...... hope the 6-SMC teams (PETRON, GINEBRA, BMEG, AIR21, BARAKO & POWERADE) dont block them the way PHOENIX Petroleum was blocked.

is mikee romero still interested in owning a pba team?

Unfortunate that Mikee Romero's interest in the PBA totally faded when his attempt at a merger with MVP (for then BURGER KING) failed.

Romero would have made an ideal team owner ..... young, committed with finances to boot.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #775 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 02:38 PM »
yes the old Mama's Love team led by Jolas was the best regional team to join the amateur league that time. Grabe un support ng mga Cebuano.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 05:06 PM »
i hope matuloy ang Cebuana team, sana makalaro pa ulit ng PBA si Bruce Dacia(is he still active?) i love the way that guy plays sayang lang di nabigyan ng sapat na exposure sa PBA before, kung matuloy nga, baka si Jolas na ang coach, babalik na ulit ako sa panonood ng pba woohooo

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #777 on: Apr 20, 2012 at 04:26 PM »
And it's finally done.. Lassiter is now with Petron together with Celino Cruz for Al Hussaini, Guevarra and Lordy Tugade..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #778 on: Apr 20, 2012 at 04:58 PM »
And it's finally done.. Lassiter is now with Petron together with Celino Cruz for Al Hussaini, Guevarra and Lordy Tugade..

di ba magaling yung guevarra? yung Al Husseini matangkad na nag mvp sa uaap?

lordy siguro kaya pang bumalik with enough playing time

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #779 on: Apr 20, 2012 at 05:04 PM »

eala the great strikes again...mukhang ok naman ung trade. except that the circumstances attending the trade is not.