Author Topic: Surplus amps  (Read 991069 times)

Offline yukon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • live and let die!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Surplus amps
« Reply #600 on: May 27, 2004 at 03:24 PM »
bai jolam, nasa pawnshop?... ibig sabihin hindi yan kasama sa mga surplus goods. hhmmmm,

it's a steal at 3.5k, but then again most surround amps are designed in the concept of recreating a movie theater, not for "pure" audio listening... well, if you want to have both HT and Audio in one box, Luxman should do.

by the way, dolby digital na ba or dolby prologic pa?...

asa man dapit ang palitanan ug surplus diha bai? naa ba sa baslayan area?
(saan bang lugar ang bilihan ng surplus dyan pre? meron ba sa baslayan area?)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004 at 03:25 PM by yukon »

Offline sebman

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Guru
  • yes mi lord
  • Liked:
« Reply #601 on: May 27, 2004 at 05:01 PM »

di ako highblood hehehe nagpapaliwanag lang

ganyan talaga pag nagiging celebrity.. nagiging suplado.... sa tv kaway ng kaway yan e..  :D  ;D

Offline Jolam1431

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #602 on: May 28, 2004 at 10:24 AM »
BAi Yukon bisaya diay ka bay? It seems that you had been here before sa Iligan kay kabalo man ka sa baslayan... Actually the surplus stores here are run by Koreans... two are located at Sabayle St., two at the Aguinaldo St. and One near Palao Market... The one in Palao Market is the biggest and they have a lot of displays in there.... Pero wala pako kaadto didto lately.... Basi unya hapon kalugar ko ug suroy... :-)

BTW kadtong Luxman nga surround amps... if I remember it right, its dolby prologic pa...  In case I bought this one, How do I hooked this up with my DVD Player?

Salamat bai Yukon.

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #603 on: May 29, 2004 at 09:06 AM »
Guys, any info on the following surplus amps:

Onkyo integra A815RX II
Sansui AU-9500DSP
Sansui AU-V7000
Victor AX 900
Yamaha AUX 1000 III

I saw these amps in pristine condition, parang bago. These are not part of wholesale surplus but are shipped from Japan by air freight. Prices range from 6-8 k, medyo mahal but makinis naman. I cant decide what to get, pls provide info if available. thanks.

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
« Reply #604 on: May 29, 2004 at 10:23 AM »
Guys, any info on the following surplus amps:
Onkyo integra A815RX II
Sansui AU-9500DSP
Sansui AU-V7000
Victor AX 900
Yamaha AUX 1000 III

Go surfing and you'll surely find bits of info about these equipment. Onkyo A815 I think is a low-mid model since A817 bids at less than $50 equivalent in Jap auctions. Take note, however, that auction prices quoted are usually 2 to 5 times less than the amount they're actually sold. Only the registers, such as Audiogon in US and Selworld in Japan, provide realistic pricing for these equipment. Pricing generally reflects model quality and condition of the equipment. However such market data are now for sale but indicative pricing as per current auction offers, not starting bids which could go as low as Y1,000 even for high-value equipment, are still available.

The Sansui AU9500 is a classic made in early 70s, so it should be about 30 years old. If that's the case, beware, sooner or later you'll have to change its caps and transistors and unless you're a collector or avid Sansui fan, it could be a major hassle. If what you saw looks new, it could be a re-issue of the old classic 9500 and at prices you quoted, it's a "giveaway." The company started issuing oldies to the domestic market at extremely high prices to compelement its release of Alpha series in late '80s to signify its shift to specialized audio manufacturing (although it maintains commercial-line subsidiaries for low-cost appliances in Japan, China and India.) I'm not familiar with the AUV7000 but it could be part of the brand's audio-video commercial line.

You could check the Victor amp with the JVC catalog since the two brands are the same (like Diatone and Mitsubishi, Lo-d and Hitachi, Optonica and Sharp, etc.) The model number 900 could mean it's up on its scale but then, JVC isn't really that famous for hifi. Check the Yamaha website for the AUX-1000III, especially the download link, I think you could still get a copy of that model's manual. I still have the old Yamaha CA1000III (on my attic) and it's rated 100wpc RMS. If the equipment you saw is not on the Yamaha website, send them an email, you'll be surprised to get a reply in one or two days.
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #605 on: May 29, 2004 at 12:41 PM »
Sandawa,

thanks a lot for the info, very helpful indeed in my decision. I have seen other units in the same shop with some idea of the specs based on this forum. They are :

Victor AX-Z921 and sansui AU-D607F extra and Marantz PM-74 D. What will you choose if you were me  ;) Hope you can give a try. thanks again.

BTW ill be using it to power an audience 42.

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: May 29, 2004 at 01:42 PM »
Victor AX-Z921 and sansui AU-D607F extra and Marantz PM-74 D. What will you choose if you were meĀ  ;) Hope you can give a try. thanks again.

Sorry, except for AUD-607F, I'm not familiar with the other two. If it was a Marantz PM 94, I'll say grab it. AUD-607F is a 1980 model with about 80wpc RMS, so, adequate for even low-efficient speakers. Its US-model equivalent is AU-D7 to D9 (AUD907F is AUD11 in US). Considering you have other options, as mentioned in previous post, I'll pass on this three and look further into the first set. Of course, other considerations are external and internal conditions - see if electronics inside are clean or covered evenly by dust. If clean, it's been repaired. Also, you should hear how it pairs with your speaker. What I usually do in buying used equipment is offer the seller a return option within two days. I pay him an extra amount, say P200 to P500, on top of our final price with the option to return within two days if I didn't like it. If I return, I get a refund of the final price but lose the P200 to P500 extra I paid. If I don't return, I lose the extra cash I paid but I'd be perfectly happy I got what I wanted.

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #607 on: May 29, 2004 at 03:33 PM »
Sir akyat, guys,

Mawalang galang na po sa inyo, tanong ko lang kung ok lang ba bumili ng surplus na cd player? It seems that surplus amps are very welcomed, how about surplus cd players?

I have a Pioneer PD-204 that needs repair, hindi umiikot yun cd pag nag-play. Should I have it repaired or should I just hunt for a surplus cd player? Kakainis, di ako makapag desisyon!

Help
JojoD

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #608 on: May 29, 2004 at 04:44 PM »
Sansui AU-9500DSP

You got me confused with this AU-9500DSP (?). I think what you saw was a metallic-champagne AV-9500DSP. I remember this amp in a small shop in Causeway Bay HK being sold used at more than $1,000 years back. I was told it was Sansui's top of the line HT amp with 6 surround channels and that its original price was over $2,000. This was before the 6.1 surround hype was peddled by HT equipment producers. Thus, if all 6 channels of the amp you saw are working with no audible distortion, it's definitely a "good buy" even at P10K.

Offline BGA VI

• Collector
  • surplus addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #609 on: May 30, 2004 at 02:35 PM »
hi sir jojoD818,

ok naman yung mga surplus sa na cdp sa pier, i bought one mga 4 months ko na gamit no problems whatsoever, plays pirated and cdr's pa. if you can find one look for the sony ES series ok yun.

i got the Sony 337esd. ;D ;D

meron pa ako isa bought it from a fellow member galing din sa pier, ok din no problems din siya. Denon DCD-830 ;D

Happy hunting !! ;D

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #610 on: May 31, 2004 at 07:51 AM »

You got me confused with this AU-9500DSP (?). I think what you saw was a metallic-champagne AV-9500DSP.

Hmmm, you may be right, Ill go back to the shop and check again. Im still searching for the specs of the others before I decide. Ill post my findings.

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: May 31, 2004 at 09:15 AM »

I don't know the condition of your Audience 42 but I'm wondering why you'd let a surplus amp (unless upscale model) drive it. I think it's better paired with an expensive Brit or Yankee electronics (or even valve). Or, like the posts of other enthusiasts here, it's probably better to wait for a top-of-the-line Jap surplus to at least harness your speakers' potentials.

Offline wanderlust

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: May 31, 2004 at 12:12 PM »
Sir akyat, guys,

Mawalang galang na po sa inyo, tanong ko lang kung ok lang ba bumili ng surplus na cd player? It seems that surplus amps are very welcomed, how about surplus cd players?

I have a Pioneer PD-204 that needs repair, hindi umiikot yun cd pag nag-play. Should I have it repaired or should I just hunt for a surplus cd player? Kakainis, di ako makapag desisyon!

Help
JojoD

sir, theres a topic petaining to surplus cdp's at the sources thread, i think. u might want to check it out.

anyway, my overall impression is that there are quite ok for the value, still there is always an exception to every rule, and as said by sir akyat, ingat lang sa lemon. the risk is greater in surplus cpds.

Offline wanderlust

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: May 31, 2004 at 12:24 PM »
Sir AV_Phile1 salamat po sa reply...

After reading the posts about the surplus amps you guys got me interested  ;D ...  Kaya lang it seems I dont have lot of choices in here kasi when I made rounds with the different surplus stores here in Iligan City, Mindanao... Wala akong nakita na worthy of a second look... Gas-gas na lahat naka display at parang medyo malayo duon sa mga iponopost niyo dito..

May nakita po ako in one of the pawnshops here na naka-auction na "Luxman Surround  Amplifier for 3.5K di ko pa na audition but just in case is this a good buy?

bro, i suggest you get it asap before some one elses does. i have been monitoring luxman through an international group forum, luxman manufactures top of the line receivers, and ahead of its time if i may say so. and at that price its a steal! but do test it comprehensively though. 8)

whats the model # if i may ask? is it an r-117? O0

Offline D0Hbert

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #614 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 01:14 PM »
Just saw a Sony 555ESX-II and Sansiu D-907 Limited Amps at the pier for those interested :)

Offline wanderlust

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 02:48 PM »
Just saw a Sony 555ESX-II and Sansiu D-907 Limited Amps at the pier for those interested :)

dre mukhang napasyal na naman tayo sa pier ah, hehehe. d kaya SARS yan syo, kahit maulan ah.

hehehe.

fish tayo...... O0

Offline Happy Dads Vinyl Shop

• Collector
  • vinyls are forever
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 05:38 PM »

bro, i suggest you get it asap before some one elses does. i have been monitoring luxman through an international group forum, luxman manufactures top of the line receivers, and ahead of its time if i may say so. and at that price its a steal! but do test it comprehensively though. 8)

whats the model # if i may ask? is it an r-117? O0

re: Luxman
just to give you an idea...I changed my brandnew 20k plus NADC350 amp to a pier-purchased Luxman SS amp...am very happy with luxman brands..in fact I got two already :)...your personal choice parin bro...just my two cents :)

happy hunting!

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #617 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 07:27 PM »
Thanks very much for the response, will surely be cautios with lemon cdps at pier.  ;)

JojoD

Offline D0Hbert

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 07:50 PM »
Tama ka padre Wndrlust, kahit umulan sugod parin. Was hoping to see the ALPHA, pero dehins parin, not that fortunate yet. Inuunahan ko lang si padreng akyat :) Was tempted to get the sony, asked akyat about it. As suggested by akyat, get the sony if you have bright sounding speakers or cd players. I wont appreciate it since medyo warm sounding speakers ko :)

Offline wanderlust

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 01:53 PM »

re: Luxman
just to give you an idea...I changed my brandnew 20k plus NADC350 amp to a pier-purchased Luxman SS amp...am very happy with luxman brands..in fact I got two already :)...your personal choice parin bro...just my two cents :)

happy hunting!

i am a proud owner of a surplus luxman as well. i love it so much that after  a week of use (d pa sawa!) i sent it to an amp doctor! this to ensure a longer if not lifelong companionship with my luxman. and mind you, the hard part is that i havent had fully enjoyed it when i sent it away, now, i miss it so...

Offline wanderlust

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #620 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 01:56 PM »
Tama ka padre Wndrlust, kahit umulan sugod parin. Was hoping to see the ALPHA, pero dehins parin, not that fortunate yet. Inuunahan ko lang si padreng akyat :) Was tempted to get the sony, asked akyat about it. As suggested by akyat, get the sony if you have bright sounding speakers or cd players. I wont appreciate it since medyo warm sounding speakers ko :)

hehehe..... sabi ko na nga ba e. cge dre unahan natin si roger, para pag nag surplus amp shoot-out na, tulo laway ang iba dyan..... including me. hehehe.

heard that this sat na ang shoot-out? d tayo pwede nyan yong atin e nasa doctor pa!!! waaaaaaaaa......................................

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 01:57 PM »
try nyo kaya sa likod ng farmers market a cubao. there's this medium size shop that mainly sells surplus amps. i've seen several sansui, marantz, onkyo, luxman, sony amps in there recently. :D
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2004 at 01:57 PM by kimpao »

Offline wanderlust

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 01:59 PM »
try nyo kaya sa likod ng farmers market a cubao. there's this medium size shop that mainly sells surplus amps. i've seen several sansui, marantz, onkyo, luxman, sony amps in there recently. :D

hmmmmmm..... mapuntahan nga. mas malapit lang kasi kami sa pier kaya, dito ang usual na hunting ground.

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 02:03 PM »
one thing i've noticed is that malinis karamihan nung binebenta nila.

pre, dun lang ito sa may pagbabamo ng MRT Cubao station (Farmers Plaza side). May mga shops dun sa side sidestreet nung wet market
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2004 at 02:05 PM by kimpao »

Offline wanderlust

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 02:09 PM »
one thing i've noticed is that malinis karamihan nung binebenta nila.

pre, dun lang ito sa may pagbabamo ng MRT Cubao station (Farmers Plaza side). May mga shops dun sa side sidestreet nung wet market

i think i know the place. baka this weekend makapasyal ako pre. thanx for this info.
will update agad what ever there is that i saw there.

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 05:37 PM »
wanderlust,

nasa doctor pa ba amp mo?? kailan ba surplus shootout.. intriga ako..

Offline D0Hbert

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 08:02 PM »
Cge dre, balitaan mo ako thru text kung merong mga naliligaw na alpha dyan or mga luxman. :) Yung Sansui ko sabay sinugod sa doctor for general checkups, pero di pa tapos yung akin, kay wndrlust yung inuna. Sana matuloy yung surplus amp shootout natin. Interesting how these oldies compare with the new ones.

Offline BGA VI

• Collector
  • surplus addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 12:19 AM »
hi,

Oo nga kelan ba yung surplus amp shootout natin ? for sure di na tuloy this week nasa shop  pala yung dalawang amps.   

Sir akyat, next week kaya ?  ;D

Sir dohbert, wanderlust, may pinalitan na parts ba sa mga amp niyo ?

Baka may makuha ako isa pang amp, nandun rin sa niji list. heavyweight !!!HEHEHE!!! >:D >:D

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 12:23 AM »
uy surplus shootout! baka pwedeng sumama dyan! kelan yan? Hmmmmm ::) ::) pwede kaya isali yung surplus kong 30 watt amp.  >:D >:D surplus din naman yun, ah, ibang klase nga lang :-\ :-\ :-\ Ahihihihihihi ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2004 at 12:26 AM by kimpao »

Offline D0Hbert

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 07:54 AM »
Alam ko na minamata ni BG_AVI :) Yung akin palit speaker connectors, naging malutong yung plastic, naglaglagan :P tapos linis. One good sign na di nakalikot yung amp is kung pantay yung kapal ng alikabok sa loob :)