Author Topic: Raymart/Claudine vs Mon Tulfo at NAIA  (Read 79501 times)

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
Re: Raymart/Claudine vs Mon Tulfo at NAIA
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2012 at 05:24 PM »
Is it also possible na hindi din nagkaroon chance yun emplpoyees to handle it properly? I mean yun kay claw claw. hindi yun awatan ng away.

We can only speculate but from the looks on the video, the "notorious" reputation of claudine i guess the employees were unable to handle it properly. Especially once she was shouting that the employee/s call Lance (to connote that she knew the president personally) and from what I read and this is all conjecture was threatening the ground employee to be fired from her job and wanted the manager of the caticlan operation removed as well.

There's going "ballistic" and then there's going "nuclear" which i believe claudine was in that situation. Also, the point of 9 out of 11 baggage being offloaded, i think statistically that was just bad luck they were a big group. Three groups of families / relatives / fried of claudine were on that flight so probably they comprised 80-90% of the flight. So definitely BINGO sila.

I think it's harder to say to passengers that their luggage will be offloaded before hand. That's a recipe for disaster here in the Philippines where guns, goons and gold reign. How can one justify that their luggage is chosen to be offloaded than compared to another passenger? In this case, It's better to ask forgiveness than ask for permission.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 at 05:25 PM by questforthegoodlife »

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2012 at 05:45 PM »
Here's what's indicated in Cathay Pacific's Conditions of Carriage:

"9.6.3 Checked Baggage will whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as you, unless we decide for safety, security, or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight we will deliver it to you, unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance."

It seems to be the same for most carriers. Here's Ryan Air's version:

"8.6.3 Checked Baggage will, whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as you, unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight we will deliver it to you, unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance."

Here's Lufthansa's:

"8.6.3. Checked Baggage will, whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as you, unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight we will deliver it to you, unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance."

Here's PAL's:

"Sec. 3 (c) Checked Baggage will be carried on the same flight as the Passenger unless Carrier decides that this is impracticable, in which case Carrier will carry the Checked Baggage on Carrier's next flight on which space is available or through other carriers."

It seems like it's a standard procedure required for aviation safety. Most carriers have it in their website. It's probably upto the carrier as to how often it has to call upon that procedure, however (how tightly they book their aircrafts). It happened to me with Lufthansa and Delta Air, btw. Delta Air had the same policy under E-2 of their Passenger Rules.

Thanks for digging this up. This is exactly what I thought. The fine print in the sale of airline tickets allows the airline companies to offload luggage, even without advising the concerned passengers.

It is the legal right of the airlines. Kung mangyari sa iyo, sorry ka na lang. If you make noise, the airline company may provide you some compensation but legally, that's not even required. Personally, I would complain (in a reasonable manner) just so that I receive some compensation (sayang naman).  ;D
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2012 at 05:54 PM »
Just saw Mon Tulfo's taped interview sa The Buzz. To be fair to the man, he is very articulate and eloquent when interviewed ha.... I mean, compared to Raymart. Hehe.
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2012 at 07:16 PM »

Now it can be revealed! Gimik lang pala lahat ito para sa bagong reality show!!

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2012 at 07:33 PM »
Is it also possible na hindi din nagkaroon chance yun emplpoyees to handle it properly? I mean yun kay claw claw. hindi yun awatan ng away.

posible rin naman na the ground crew were trying their best to handle the situation UNTIL mon tulfo was caught taking pictures/videos.  ;) think about it, hihinahon din naman yang si claudine in the long run after bigyan ng just compensation (round trip tickets, etc). perhaps tulfo should have been more discreet in taking the pictures para hindi na sana nag escalate into a full on brawl yung situation

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2012 at 09:31 PM »

i can not confirm nor deny that, Master Nelson as the video footage apparently captured only part of the brawl and not the whole sequence of event [from arrival to waiting for the baggage at the carousel to inquiry of no-show baggage to the outburst to photo shooting to the brawl portion].

==================================================
the fine prints of the airlines' tickets would point out to their option to off load baggage for valid/acceptable reason(s). however, there are instances wherein such delay (due to off loaded baggage) would cause a huge disadvantage for passenger(s) in a time constrained situation (not this Claudine/Raymart:Tulfo case).

example:
a passenger from Boracay (or elsewhere) was called/requested to immediately travel for emergency reason by a relative or his/her boss in another country. passenger was able to book the whole trip from point of origin to final port of entry. a gap between ETA of the first flight and the connecting flight was 6 hours which is still a feasible gap to make it to his/her connecting flight.

unfortunately, his/her baggage was off loaded (for valid reason) and was transferred to next flight which was after 12 hours. there are airlines that have only one or two flights a day. in this situation, there would be a very high probability that the passenger will 1) miss his/her connecting flight or 2) travel without his/her baggage or 3) re-book on another flight.

how would this be resolved ? how would the 12+ hours delayed baggage reach the final point of entry ? who would shoulder the unexpected expenses in case of re-booking ? these are some of the pertinent questions for travelers like me and my family.

airlines would not wish to incur additional expenses. passengers would not want delayed flight, delayed arrival of baggage or miss their connecting flight.

again, the recent incident was an eye opener for amendments of the airlines' fine prints.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 at 09:50 PM by bass_nut »

Offline Pillow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: May 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM »
Given that ths is clawclaw's fourth infraction against the airline, I'm quite surprised that she still allowed to fly with the airline. Oh wait, she got connections that helped her out during these outbreaks of hers. Then this is for us regular citizens, you might want to reconsider doing a "claudine" next time this happens to any of us. Details below:

Clause 11 - Refusal of Carriage and Limitations

11.1 Right to Refuse Carriage

11.1.2 The Airline may likewise refuse the Passenger or his Baggage carriage if any one or more of the following have occurred on a previous flight or is likely to occur as reasonably determined by the Airline:

Security or Safety Risk

d. the Passenger has committed misconduct at the departure terminal or on board a previous flight, including physical or verbal abuse of Airline staff, agents or representatives or other passengers or persons, and the Airline reasonably believes that the conduct may be repeated;

http://www.cebupacificair.com/aboutus/terms-and-conditions.html

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: May 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM »
i can not confirm nor deny that, Master Nelson as the video footage apparently captured only part of the brawl and not the whole sequence of event [from arrival to waiting for the baggage at the carousel to inquiry of no-show baggage to the outburst to photo shooting to the brawl portion].

==================================================
the fine prints of the airlines' tickets would point out to their option to off load baggage for valid/acceptable reason(s). however, there are instances wherein such delay (due to off loaded baggage) would cause a huge disadvantage for passenger(s) in a time constrained situation (not this Claudine/Raymart:Tulfo case).

example:
a passenger from Boracay (or elsewhere) was called/requested to immediately travel for emergency reason by a relative or his/her boss in another country. passenger was able to book the whole trip from point of origin to final port of entry. a gap between ETA of the first flight and the connecting flight was 6 hours which is still a feasible gap to make it to his/her connecting flight.

unfortunately, his/her baggage was off loaded (for valid reason) and was transferred to next flight which was after 12 hours. there are airlines that have only one or two flights a day. in this situation, there would be a very high probability that the passenger will 1) miss his/her connecting flight or 2) travel without his/her baggage or 3) re-book on another flight.

how would this be resolved ? how would the 12+ hours delayed baggage reach the final point of entry ? who would shoulder the unexpected expenses in case of re-booking ? these are some of the pertinent questions for travelers like me and my family.

airlines would not wish to incur additional expenses. passengers would not want delayed flight, delayed arrival of baggage or miss their connecting flight.

again, the recent incident was an eye opener for amendments of the airlines' fine prints.

Not sure if this answers your question, but:

8.5 Flight Connections

8.5.1 The Airline is strictly a point-to-point carrier and is not responsible for any connecting flight of the Passenger or for any misconnection arising from any delay or cancellation of the scheduled flight.

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #458 on: May 14, 2012 at 05:49 AM »
posible rin naman na the ground crew were trying their best to handle the situation UNTIL mon tulfo was caught taking pictures/videos.  ;) think about it, hihinahon din naman yang si claudine in the long run after bigyan ng just compensation (round trip tickets, etc). perhaps tulfo should have been more discreet in taking the pictures para hindi na sana nag escalate into a full on brawl yung situation

Yes, tulfo should have been more discreet - but for me, his presence should have signalled Claudine to stop but she never did. I believe that any citizen in fact can record any incident happening in public when their decision to take the picture or video is premised on the belief that a crime or a wrong doing is being committed.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: May 14, 2012 at 06:55 AM »
Given that ths is clawclaw's fourth infraction against the airline, I'm quite surprised that she still allowed to fly with the airline. Oh wait, she got connections that helped her out during these outbreaks of hers. Then this is for us regular citizens, you might want to reconsider doing a "claudine" next time this happens to any of us. Details below:

if she already had three unpleasant experiences with the airline before, why continue using that airline?  ???
peace man!

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2665
« Reply #460 on: May 14, 2012 at 07:33 AM »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #461 on: May 14, 2012 at 08:42 AM »

Not sure if this answers your question, but:

my point exactly.

if this off loading will be a regular occurrence, it might be very disadvantageous to some passengers like ones who are catching up with another flight.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #462 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:21 AM »
The weight and balance issue is applicable on long haul flights, meaning due to wind direction causing the flight to have a longer flight plan resulting to lesser fuel and passenger (together with passenger bags and cargo). Bear in mind that under the contract of carriage, the passenger and their bags must travel together, that is one of the core commitment by the airlines to its clients. There are 2 kinds of baggage separation, involuntary and voluntary. Involuntary are those cases wherein passenger had a short connection or has been rerouted resulting to bags not being transferred however this bags may or may not not be loaded since this is not the passengers fault and voluntary, passengers were earlier advised that due to some circumstances (they opted to move to an earlier flight) their bags will be separated with them and will not also be loaded. In both cases these passengers are suppose to be advised prior, during flight or upon deplaning and not after all the bags came out of the conveyor belt and having to wait for an hour waiting for nothing. CP's flight out of Caticlan were delayed for 3hrs,they have ample time to advise those affected passengers before the flight took off.

Now if the case is short runway, then CP do not have any reason to have a full flight. Does this mean that this happens everyday? There will be more security issues if the bags are travelling without a passenger, in bigger airlines this is called positive bag match. Remember the PanAm disaster wherein the passenger checked in a bag but did not board the flight?.. The plane later blew up 30,000 feet inflight.

If we will do the math, pax paid 5k but his 2pcs bags were left behind, as CP's standard, compensate him with 1k per bag so CP still earns 3k....kita pa rin sila. Delayed bags does happen, its a regular thing. As i previoulsly mentioned, all passengers must be treated equal however there will be times that you have to bend the rules, as for this case, if i see the names of barretto and santiago, i might have to think twice in offloading these bags due to their status, unless they checked in late or sa caticlan pa lang nambwisit na at napag tripan ng staff which does happen, unfortunately. Im saying this because this happened locally so im sure kilala nila yung name but in the US, who cares, there was a time wherein an ambassador who visited Manila arrived without his bag, its a late night flight so he gave a speech at malacanang the next morning still wearing what he was wearing that night.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012 at 09:24 AM by frootloops »

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #463 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:32 AM »
my point exactly.

if this off loading will be a regular occurrence, it might be very disadvantageous to some passengers like ones who are catching up with another flight.

Afaik, if you booked the same airline for the connecting flights, they will forward the baggage to your final destination. The luggage tag will allow the carrier to find the final destination.

In stops when your baggage is automatically forwarded by the carrier, it normally is not a problem (you wouldn't even know that your luggage was delayed somewhere until you get to your destination). However, in stops where you have to claim your luggage before checking into a connecting flight, I think it's best to file the luggage claim during that stop.

Finally, even if you didn't book the same airline for the connecting flight, I would think that they'd accommodate shipping to make up for the inconvenience (even if they are not legally required to) if they can. Despite this, I would still book the same airline as much as possible as it's generally cheaper and it gives you that peace of mind.

I think carriers are trying to strike a balance between customer satisfaction, revenues and cost here. They try their best to book as much passengers and cargo as possible without ending up with too much cost in terms of delayed baggage deliveries/compensation and lost customers.

Thanks for digging this up. This is exactly what I thought. The fine print in the sale of airline tickets allows the airline companies to offload luggage, even without advising the concerned passengers.

It is the legal right of the airlines. Kung mangyari sa iyo, sorry ka na lang. If you make noise, the airline company may provide you some compensation but legally, that's not even required. Personally, I would complain (in a reasonable manner) just so that I receive some compensation (sayang naman).  ;D

You're welcome, sir Mark. It's within reason naman talaga for the passenger to complain, since na-inconvenience siya. :)

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #464 on: May 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM »
Yes, tulfo should have been more discreet - but for me, his presence should have signalled Claudine to stop but she never did. I believe that any citizen in fact can record any incident happening in public when their decision to take the picture or video is premised on the belief that a crime or a wrong doing is being committed.

rightly so. but again my point is you do this at your own risk. try taking a video of someone running amuck or while a crime is being comitted and you get caught doing so, i can just imagine what will happen to you if that happens. yes as citizens, it is our responsibility to report a misdeed happening but we should be careful about it and not get ourselves into harms way (i.e. tulfo). you can't expect to take evidence of some wrong doing, get caught documenting it and not at least be inconvenienced by it, worse you get hurt or killed

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM »
rightly so. but again my point is you do this at your own risk. try taking a video of someone running amuck or while a crime is being comitted and you get caught doing so, i can just imagine what will happen to you if that happens. yes as citizens, it is our responsibility to report a misdeed happening but we should be careful about it and not get ourselves into harms way (i.e. tulfo). you can't expect to take evidence of some wrong doing, get caught documenting it and not at least be inconvenienced by it, worse you get hurt or killed

I certainly agree - but that is the risk of the trade. Now, to take photos or video clips or not, one should weight-in things.  Tulfo took that risk. Nabugbog siya, pero at least lalo siyang naging sikat na journalist ngayon because the sympathy of the people is with him.Pwede na siguro siyang kumandidato for Senator.. ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM »
The Tulfo bros are geniuses. They knew going on air with their threats would cost them, but they are no fools. They made Raymart $hit his pants and they increased their popularity. Who wouldn't be interested in watching them act like thugs on air? Bad news is good news. Well played, Tulfos.

Now, personally, I think it's idiotic to blame Cebu Pacific for the fisticuffs. Sure, they further ruined their reputation because of the baggage thing, but come on! They didn't tell Tulfo to take pictures or make punches part of the flying experience.

I'd credit all this to use of illegal drugs, but the involved parties might just refute that and claim all the drugs were on the unforwarded baggages.  ;D

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM »
I'd credit all this to use of illegal drugs, but the involved parties might just refute that and claim all the drugs were on the unforwarded baggages.  ;D
[/quote

Pang Showbiz Tsimis thread to ah! Similar to the alleged Resorts world sightings of the actress with a politician from the north.

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2012 at 01:17 PM »
The Tulfo bros are geniuses. They knew going on air with their threats would cost them, but they are no fools. They made Raymart $hit his pants and they increased their popularity. Who wouldn't be interested in watching them act like thugs on air? Bad news is good news. Well played, Tulfos.

Now, personally, I think it's idiotic to blame Cebu Pacific for the fisticuffs. Sure, they further ruined their reputation because of the baggage thing, but come on! They didn't tell Tulfo to take pictures or make punches part of the flying experience.

lagot ka!  ;D ;D ;D that's what i pointed out and look what it got me into.  ;) whatever happens, don't do  a raymart ha?  ;D

wrt this offloading problem, is there a way to ensure that your baggage won't get offloaded? with an extra charge perhaps? i don't think the airline industry would amend their baggage policies just because of this incident, or for all the claudines in the world who couldn't part with their stuff for a few hours.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2012 at 01:45 PM »
Well, it is silly to blame Cebu Pacific for the fight. As if delays, lost or open baggages are new to us. $hit like that happen all over the world and it's not uncommon for passengers to sick their inner biyatches on those responsible. It's just more fun in the Philippines.  ;D Whatever happened to asking yourself what would Jesus do in times like that? Right, Christians?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2012 at 01:53 PM »
Well, it is silly to blame Cebu Pacific for the fight. As if delays, lost or open baggages are new to us. $hit like that happen all over the world and it's not uncommon for passengers to sick their inner biyatches on those responsible. It's just more fun in the Philippines.  ;D Whatever happened to asking yourself what would Jesus do in times like that? Right, Christians?

This.

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #471 on: May 14, 2012 at 02:01 PM »
exactly!
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: May 14, 2012 at 03:18 PM »
$hit like that happen all over the world and it's not uncommon for passengers to sick their inner biyatches on those responsible.

you couldn't have said it any better.  ;) :)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 219
« Reply #473 on: May 14, 2012 at 03:34 PM »
Well, it is silly to blame Cebu Pacific for the fight. As if delays, lost or open baggages are new to us. $hit like that happen all over the world and it's not uncommon for passengers to sick their inner biyatches on those responsible. It's just more fun in the Philippines.  ;D Whatever happened to asking yourself what would Jesus do in times like that? Right, Christians?

Agree with you 100%, bro. Even though I already knew the answer, I still asked a few pages back what the real issue here is.

$hit happens all the time. Are you going to blame road rage on traffic gridlock? A hissy fit when your food doesn't arrive quickly due to high volume of orders? A public meltdown when your baggage doesn't arrive with you from the plane?

Unlike unforeseen circumstances, people have the ability to choose how they react to a given situation. There are always a couple of options: one is to react calmy and with logic; another is to go ballistic and make the situation worse for you and everyone else.

CP as an airline sucks. It has been established numerous times as if no one still gets it. Yes, we are all smart enough to understand that without having to go into the fine print repeatedly over and over and over again.

In this specific case, the cause is irrelevant. A situation where people have control of the resulting effect is what really matters. Because that's what we're talking about here, right? A meltdown and a beatdown.

CP being negligent is a given. Claw Claw and friends actively chose to go bat$hit crazy.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: May 14, 2012 at 03:47 PM »
Then just REPORT your lost baggage, get your thousands of pesos as compensation which you can spend on a very good dinner or lunch or pamigay sa mga nangangailangan na alalays or drivers, then have your lost luggage delivered kung saan nyo gusto - go home LIGHT and enjoy.  I dont expect Cebu Pacific to give anything else but I know BA, Air France and JAL have a cutey one-day kit pa - meron male and female versions.  hehehe.  Ang point is hingin nyo ng maayos whatever compensation you are entitled to dahil sigurado naman may ibibigay kahit papaano.

Di ba it's a Lost Luggage Report Desk and not a Lost Luggage Complain Desk?

BTW, basahin nyo naman kasi maigi yung mga nakasulat sa ticket nyo kapag meron free time during the flight.  hehehe.  May possibility din na totally lost yung bagahe or badly damaged so know how much you can claim na max.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #475 on: May 14, 2012 at 03:59 PM »
wrt this offloading problem, is there a way to ensure that your baggage won't get offloaded? with an extra charge perhaps? i don't think the airline industry would amend their baggage policies just because of this incident, or for all the claudines in the world who couldn't part with their stuff for a few hours.

I don't think there is an assurance, but your luggage can get "priority handling" by putting on priority tags if you fly first or business class for most carriers. This is normally only for international flights, however.

Priority handled baggage gets off the plane first upon reaching the destination (if done properly), and that won't be possible if it was offloaded from the plane.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012 at 04:02 PM by Stagea »

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2222
« Reply #476 on: May 14, 2012 at 04:25 PM »
I think over yung ginawa ni CB. lalo na yung pambubugbog nila. Uncalled for and sobrang grabe yung ginawa nila. Kaya lang, since si Mon Tulfo naman yung nabugbog, eh okay lang pala yung ginawa nila  ;D.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2012 at 06:25 AM »
I don't think there is an assurance, but your luggage can get "priority handling" by putting on priority tags if you fly first or business class for most carriers. This is normally only for international flights, however.
did this when i went to CDO last month.  i politely asked them if i can hand carry my bag which is about 10 kilos in weight.  they asked about the content, i just said it is not about what's inside the bag.  then i told them my experience several years ago when i waited for my checked in luggage for hours.  still was not able to hand carry it, but they did however placed on priority handling which they called LRT (i think).  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #478 on: May 15, 2012 at 07:30 AM »

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #479 on: May 15, 2012 at 03:35 PM »
Jessica Zafra: How Not To Be In An Airport Altercation
http://www.interaksyon.com/article/31489/jessica-zafra-how-not-to-be-in-an-airport-altercation

This is a compendium of tips that used to fall under "common sense", but that was back when "common sense" wasn't ironic.

1. Airlines suck, so be prepared.

1.1. Do people still say "suck"? In this case we mean it literally. They suck up your money and blow out bad service, confident in the knowledge that at some point you will have no choice but to fly with them again.

1.2. Airlines suck everywhere, not just in the Philippines. At least the food on our airlines tastes like food. If they serve food at all.

1.2.1. When you complain about budget airlines screwing up, people shrug and say, "Well, you get what you paid for." But expensive airlines also screw up. What's their excuse?

1.2.2. If you do not want to endure the cramped conditions and perfunctory service in cattle class, fly business or first class. Flying business class doesn't guarantee good service either, but the staff is prepared to deal with your complaints. Or to ply you with liquor until you shut up. By paying twice the price of economy, you become a valued customer they don't want to offend.

1.2.2.1. Yes, life sucks. People are not judged on merit but according to how much money they have.

1.2.2.2. Correction: On how much money they seem to have. Humanity is not only unfair but shallow.

1.2.2.3. Even if the in-flight service is good, you still have to contend with the ground staff at the airport.

1.2.2.3.1. It's popular to beat up on NAIA (as opposed to getting beaten up at NAIA) but it is not the worst airport on earth. For sheer awfulness visit Charles De Gaulle in Paris (Impressive architecture will not ensure that you and your luggage land at the same time, and well-designed bathrooms don't clean themselves) and many American airports. Places that are supposed to be the height of civilization. So what's their excuse?

1.3. There are a few ways to ensure excellent service when you fly.

1.3.1. Be a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist and have your own jet. Or construct your own armored exo-suit so you can fly whenever you want.

1.3.2. Be the crown prince of Asgard and go around looking like the super-muscled vocalist of a heavy metal hair band. To fly, just swing your hammer.

1.3.3. Expose yourself to massive doses of gamma radiation, unleashing the giant green rage monster within you. You won't be able to fly, but you can leap vast distances.

1.3.4. Their D.C. Comics equivalents. (Which, with the exception of Batman, haven't been doing working on the big screen.)

1.3.5. In short, none.

1.4. Minimize the amount of aggravation the airline can cause you.

1.4.1. Delayed or lost luggage is a frequent problem. If you can manage it, travel light and bring only cabin baggage. Yes, hand-carry everything.

1.4.2. How much luggage do you need to go to the beach anyway?

1.4.3. Put your valuables and your medication in your cabin baggage. Duh.

1.4.4. If you have a foul temper or anger management issues, make like Dr. Banner and remove yourself from the source of aggravation. Let someone else talk to the ground staff.

2. If you are taking photos or video of famous people making a public spectacle of themselves, be discreet.

2.1. You may have good reason to photograph them, but if they spot you they will get even more pissed off than they already are.

2.1.1. If you're using your phone, pretend to be shooting someone else, or surfing the net, or reading a long text message. Even if you are fearless. The intention is to keep the peace.

2.1.2. However, if you are offended at the way celebrities maltreat and verbally assault the common people, and you do not fear physical confrontation, go ahead and wade into the fray. Tell the celebrities what asses they are being. It would help if you've had martial arts training. The direct approach plays better than the paparazzi approach.

2.1.2.1. To celebrities, people who take their picture are automatically fans or paparazzi scum. They will scream "invasion of privacy", forgetting that their celebrity was built on aforementioned fans and paparazzi.

2.1.2.2. Pity the famous people who are getting more attention for their bad behavior than for any of their recent work.

2.2. If you have a reputation as a fearless crusader for justice to maintain, you probably have to get involved. To avoid confusion as to your motives, wear a cape embroidered with your superhero logo.

3. What does it mean when a celebrity fistfight at the airport is the big news of the day?

3.1. No news is good news, so is the country doing all right?

3.2. Naah, artista news trumps territorial disputes any time.

May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.