Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 859718 times)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 939
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #930 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:04 PM »
Barnes is already gone. They won't offer a contract extension to him after the no show that he posted last playoffs. OKC and LA matchup might be closer than we think. Last playoffs it wasn't about stopping Durant that did them in. he even got his numbers in the Miami series which was a much tougher challenge. It was LA's inability to get points in the crucial stages of the close games that they played. Inability to score not because of OKC's defense which was above average at best during the LA series.  Poor offensive execution and too much hero basketball did them in.

Now they have one of the best offensive orchestrators in the business in Nash. With the ball in his hands execution is going to improve greatly.

Ibaka and Perkins do not stand a chance against Howard and Gasol when Nash is at the helm. Minus Nash then it's far easier to defend LA. Nash is the ultimate upgrade that LA managed to conjure up this offseason. Bynum gave them a slightly lesser dose of what Howard can give them albeit on an inconsistent effort on Bynums part. Ibaka and Perkins even let an injured Chris Bosh look like a superstar during the Miami series.

The only thing that can ruin everything here is when Kobe switches to hero basketball.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #931 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:09 PM »
masyado na daw gasgas yung Big 3 formula, kaya Big 4 naman ang ginamit ni Mitch Kupchak. ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #932 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:13 PM »
on a serious note..

KB + Nash + D12 + Softie

doesn't necessarily = championship

but it makes the Lakers more competitive against the likes of the Heat and OKC

and this is coming from a Laker fan
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:14 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #933 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:24 PM »
...OKC and LA matchup might be closer than we think. Last playoffs it wasn't about stopping Durant that did them in. he even got his numbers in the Miami series which was a much tougher challenge. It was LA's inability to get points in the crucial stages of the close games that they played. Inability to score not because of OKC's defense which was above average at best during the LA series.  Poor offensive execution and too much hero basketball did them in.

Now they have one of the best offensive orchestrators in the business in Nash. With the ball in his hands execution is going to improve greatly.

Hero ball "is" the outcome or what M.Brown/Kobe's reaction to OKC's D, which Ibaka/Perkins were the Anchors, why would Kobe pass to Gasol again?

Ibaka and Perkins do not stand a chance against Howard and Gasol when Nash is at the helm. Minus Nash then it's far easier to defend LA. Nash is the ultimate upgrade that LA managed to conjure up this offseason. Bynum gave them a slightly lesser dose of what Howard can give them albeit on an inconsistent effort on Bynums part. Ibaka and Perkins even let an injured Chris Bosh look like a superstar during the Miami series.

The only thing that can ruin everything here is when Kobe switches to hero basketball.

They do have a chance. Nash's problem is not orchestrating their offense vs OKC for example, ... well I let you say what "it" is. and it starts with the letter "D".

I don't see that "weakness" regarding OKC. With all that you said, imho looks like everything in LA is just offset.

Who stops Durant and Westbrook again?

That's coming from a Heat fan. "Outsider's" view lang sir.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:26 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:34 PM »
If Mitch can still work his magic(pun intended), he should get a Durant stopper.

Mitch should trade MWP + a KB24 home jersey for the one and only Durant Stopper that i could think of..

;D :D ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:40 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #935 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:34 PM »
on a serious note..

KB + Nash + D12 + Softie

doesn't necessarily = championship

but it makes the Lakers more competitive against the likes of the Heat and OKC

and this is coming from a Laker fan

Yup ..... I'd still give OKC the slight advantage over these LAKERS - just because OKC retained their team and will only get hungrier, coming from a Finals stint.

It's also a contract year for both Harden & Ibaka ...... both will have that little extra-motivation to do well.

==========================================================================

Remains to be seen, how Howard recovers from his back woes ...... not to mention, how Nash & Kobe quickly integrate their games.

I'm actually more excited with the Battle for Los Angeles ........ the CLIPPERS with a healthy Billups, makes for a dangerous matchup for the LAKERS.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 939
« Reply #936 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:39 PM »
Hero ball "is" the outcome or what M.Brown/Kobe's reaction to OKC's D, which Ibaka/Perkins were the Anchors, why would Kobe pass to Gasol again?

They do have a chance. Nash's problem is not orchestrating their offense vs OKC for example, ... well I let you say what "it" is. and it starts with the letter "D".

I don't see that "weakness" regarding OKC. With all that you said, imho looks like everything in LA is just offset.

That's coming from a Heat fan. "Outsider's" view lang sir.

hero ball is THE way LA played the entire year. How the heck would Kobe be in the race for the scoring champion if they didn't funnel the offense towards him the entire season. Even Gasol's numbers greatly diminished because of the way the offense was ran. It worked during the regular season but for the playoffs they were doomed from the very start. They were just lucky in that Denver series and when they got OKC, a team who has MORE offensive firepower than they do then that's the end of the story.

Durant is the man to focus on and not Westbrook. The guy can power his team for a win and on the next night shoot them out of the ballgame. That's how he is. he is the model of inconsistency as shown in the Miami series.

I'm not saying that it will be a cake walk for LA. What I'm saying is that with the upgrades that they just had it will be very very close this time around.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #937 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:03 PM »
Lakers also expected to receive Chris Duhon and Earl Clark from Orlando in D12 deal

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:13 PM »
At ano ang makukuha ng Magic in return? Wala!!?? They are giving up DH for nothing?!?! How come The Lakers can easily get anything they want... all star players... again... and again... and again!?

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:18 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #939 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:14 PM »
hero ball is THE way LA played the entire year. How the heck would Kobe be in the race for the scoring champion if they didn't funnel the offense towards him the entire season. Even Gasol's numbers greatly diminished because of the way the offense was ran. It worked during the regular season but for the playoffs they were doomed from the very start. They were just lucky in that Denver series and when they got OKC, a team who has MORE offensive firepower than they do then that's the end of the story.

It is still Kobe's reaction to OKC's D all the more, Gasol still can't handle a good defensive Center, although now with the addition of Dwight they will be better.

Still, OKC's centers/bigs can handle them.

Durant is the man to focus on and not Westbrook. The guy can power his team for a win and on the next night shoot them out of the ballgame. That's how he is. he is the model of inconsistency as shown in the Miami series.

I'm not saying that it will be a cake walk for LA. What I'm saying is that with the upgrades that they just had it will be very very close this time around.

Westbrook is still dangerous because I also cannot see anyone stopping him from the current LA line up regardless of the consistencies, plus... Durant etc.

Then the Spotlight is on Nash with his role on the Laker's Team D', even Jamison is no Durant Stopper.

Offcourse its not a cake walk for LA, that's M.Brown's problem though.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #940 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:19 PM »
Gasol still can't handle a good defensive Center

+1

Gasol is soft as a Krispy Kreme Donut

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #941 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:29 PM »
^ Yeah, who would want to pass to him? ;D

*kidding, naalala ko tuloy yung mga Kobe pass to Gasol Memes hehe

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:39 PM »
Mitch Kupchak vs. Hakeem Olajuwon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWekj2wcXes

this dude has balls the size of Kobe's ego.  ;D :D
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 05:39 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #943 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:03 PM »
coach na lang kulang sa lakers :-)

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:05 PM »

+1

if the Lakers fail to win the championship this coming season, expect a coaching change.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #945 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:13 PM »
How about the Defense? Can someone there stop Durant and Westbrook?

With Ibaka and Perkins etc I think OKC can still match up well with the Lakers but again who stops Durant etc?

I think we should not sleep on OKC yet. Yeah I think Coach Brown has some sleepless nights ahead.  ;D
don't worry sir, di makakalampas yang lakers sa okc kasi ang coach nila si brown pa rin.  ;D

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #946 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:20 PM »
don't worry sir, di makakalampas yang lakers sa okc kasi ang coach nila si brown pa rin.  ;D
+1
last season it seems like Brown really doesn't fit with the lakers. they need a coach who could handle KB, Nash and DH
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:20 PM by frequenzy »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #947 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:24 PM »
they need a coach who could handle KB, Nash and DH

;D
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:25 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:30 PM »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:32 PM »
batok at katakot-takot na mura ang aabutin ni Gasoft pag nag softie mode nanaman. ;D

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 06:53 PM »
batok at katakot-takot na mura ang aabutin ni Gasoft pag nag softie mode nanaman. ;D
;D ganun talaga pag kay jawo.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 07:32 PM »

You know what, Westbrook and Durant thrived vs LA's defense last year coz they pick and rolled Bynum to death last year.   OKC might have won 4-1 in their match-up but 2 of those could have gone either way, and were close.  

With Bynum out and Howard  more mobile  and agile in defense, especially in PnR situations, maybe your Durant/Westbrook unstoppable theory wouldnt hold water....especially that team defense is much more emphasized ...than one on one defense.  

Anyway, I would still respect OKC in a way that they are the defending West Champs.   But dont belittle Howard's ability to anchor a team defense, because now, LA can pressure the perimeter, knowing a quicker and agile Howard can  always supply help defense.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 07:33 PM by Munskie »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 08:12 PM »
don't worry sir, di makakalampas yang lakers sa okc kasi ang coach nila si brown pa rin.  ;D

I like the chances now of LA against OKC compared to last year.  In fact, I believe OKC should worry more about LA, not the other way around.  Ika nga ni Coach Jawo, "kami dapat isipan nila." 

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #953 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 08:35 PM »

si KB24 na lang playing coach  ;D ahihihi...

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #954 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:00 PM »

;D

pasok na pasok ang laro ni ron artest dito! tapos malamang si gasol puro mura aabutin  ;D

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #955 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:05 PM »
Mitch should trade MWP + a KB24 home jersey for the one and only Durant Stopper that i could think of..

;D :D ;D

i don't believe lebron stopped durant during the finals. it was foul trouble that limited KD's production. he has to stay away from those silly fouls. Lakers should employ a box-one defense with one player exclusively guarding durant and denying him the ball. it may not totally stop him but it will slow him down and possibly frustrate him

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:13 PM »
You know what, Westbrook and Durant thrived vs LA's defense last year coz they pick and rolled Bynum to death last year.   OKC might have won 4-1 in their match-up but 2 of those could have gone either way, and were close.  

With Bynum out and Howard  more mobile  and agile in defense, especially in PnR situations, maybe your Durant/Westbrook unstoppable theory wouldnt hold water....especially that team defense is much more emphasized ...than one on one defense.  

Anyway, I would still respect OKC in a way that they are the defending West Champs.   But dont belittle Howard's ability to anchor a team defense, because now, LA can pressure the perimeter, knowing a quicker and agile Howard can  always supply help defense.

Sabi ko nga, OKC has more to worry about than LA thinking of a Durant and Westbrook stopper.  Howard is a force to reckon with, being a 3X Defensive player of the year.  His career average is close to 20ppg, 14 rpg and 3 blocks per game.  Isipan din nila yun Steve Nash lob passes and running pick and rolls with Howard.  That's a helluva job to defend with in itself. Tapos may Gasol ka pa.  The Spaniard may be a "softie"(??)  but he just might be the best softie in the league.  And if Nash can make Gortat a scorer, think what he can make of Gasol.  And then there's a player named Kobe. Baka di na makatulog si Scott Brooks nito.  And to top it all, the Laker pride of having 15 NBA championships. 

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:21 PM »
i don't believe lebron stopped durant during the finals. it was foul trouble that limited KD's production. he has to stay away from those silly fouls. Lakers should employ a box-one defense with one player exclusively guarding durant and denying him the ball. it may not totally stop him but it will slow him down and possibly frustrate him

KD's 2012 regular season average was 28 ppg.  In the Finals, he averaged 31 ppg.  So Lebron, or any other player, was not able to stop KD from scoring more.

Ibang klase lang talaga pinakita ni Lebron James nung Finals kaya nag champion ang Heat.  That was an "upgraded" Lebron we saw that OKC never had an answer to.

Lebron is so good that USA teammate Chris Paul commented, "This guy is so good he can do all the things I can as a point guard.  Only difference is he's taller" ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:31 PM by mattia »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #958 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:26 PM »
feeling ko parang lakers 2004 yan.. haha...

+1000000 ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:31 PM »

Lebron has the tools (wingspan, athleticism, and speed) to be a Durant Stopper.

of course, the Heat coaching staff won't ask him to concentrate on that alone.

The Spaniard may be a "softie"(??)  but he just might be the best softie in the league.

maybe D12 can teach ''The Spaniard'' a thing or two about toughness, but i do agree that he's the best softie in the league. and the Lakers traded for D12 to cover up for their porous perimeter D.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 09:38 PM by 5zig3n »