Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 869644 times)

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1080 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM »
Napansin ko lang sa lahat ng basketball teams na naglaro sa Olympics, US Team lang ang saksakan ng mga mayayabang! Sana wag gayahin ng mga future basketballl players natin ang US NBA team. We have to pattern our game to all other teams (real team play) except US NBA style.

para sa akin ok lang magyabang basta meron naman ipagyayabang :-)

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1081 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM »
Muntik na. Sayang... di nanalo Spain sa US NBA team ...  ;D. Still... muntik na!

For me yung Felipe... *ehem* Reyes yung nagpatalo nung humahabol sana sila.
Sa US Teamwhenever Melo is on the floor...  :-X

;D

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1082 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
Napansin ko lang sa lahat ng basketball teams na naglaro sa Olympics, US Team lang ang saksakan ng mga mayayabang! Sana wag gayahin ng mga future basketballl players natin ang US NBA team. We have to pattern our game to all other teams (real team play) except US NBA style.

pano po sila naging mayabang?

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1083 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 07:16 PM »
That's the beauty of unprotected picks versus the ones Orlando got.  No matter how the Nets do during the regular season, those picks still have the potential to maybe turn out to be the 1st overall selection.  A small percentage of that happening yes.  But it can still happen.  Still better than what you have now where your pick has absolutely 0% chance of landing in the lottery.
This how the protected draft picks work, an example would be the pick the magic got from the sixers. In the first year of it's eligibility, the sixers protects the top 11, if philly keeps the pick, then it rolls over the following year and they get to protect the top 8, if again philly gets the pick, the next year the protection expires. So that means, if it happens that Philly gets the Top 1 pick on that 3rd year where the draft right was rolled over, Orlando gets it. So yes, these picks Orlando got still has the chance of getting in the lottery even the Top 1. It's similar to the protected picks they got from LA and Denver although each vary in the level of agreement.

Those picks are a lot better than a pick coming from a Howard+Deron+Wallace+Johnson dynasty where they will be dominating the East for quite some time leaving the magic with a very late first rounder. Those picks from the Nets will have 0% chance of landing in the lottery with that lineup unless Howard and Deron gets a career ending injury leaving the Nets in the bottom 14 ;D

Brook Lopez is already an nba caliber starting Center at 24.  He puts up about 17ppg and 7rpg for his career.  These kinds of centers don't grow on tress as they say.  And he has yet to approach his prime years so the potential to be a 20-10 center is there.  Kris Humphries is a double-double figure contributor averaging 14ppg and 11rpg.  At 27, also has yet to approach his prime.  Afflalo while being a starting 2, his talents are quite common in today's NBA.  They are a dime a dozen.  The likelihood of finding a player similar to Afflalo's talents are significantly better than finding a seven foot big that produces numbers to what Lopez produces.  Harrington at 32 who scores as much as Humphries during the 2012 season, isn't that much effective in rebounding at 6ppg.  Humphries is younger, more athletic, more active, rebounds better, quicker, you can always plug in Humphries at that 6th man role and since he is younger, can potentially produce better results.  You also already have Glen Davis who plays similarly and is 6 years younger.  Big Baby is more versatile since you can plug him at the 5 and can produce unlike Harrington who is strictly a power forward.  Marshon Brooks on potential likewise would seem to be more talented than JJ Reddick.  As for Harkless, it just adds to the logjam at the 3 and 4 spots where you already have Davis, Hedo, Harrington and Nicholson.  And none of those are centers.
Lopez and Humphries were stat-padders on a bottom team. Brook's Foot is also a concern. Plus they are heavily overpaid. If you are rebuilding a team, you don't take on those types of players that will eat your cap space and just get 20 wins in return. Take a look at NJ's record since they got Broken Foot Lopez:
           W  L
11-12  22  44
10-11  24  58
09-10  12  70
08-09  34  48

Humphries won't do any better. There's a log jam in the PF post in Orlando and I like BBD's hustle more than the person voted as the most-hated NBA player in 2011. I also want ORL to showcase Andrew Nicholson as the backup PF, having Humphries will just hinder ANich's development. And yes, Humphries was part of that very successful 09-10 campaign of the Nets.

BL + KH along with Hedo's contract will make ORL have the league's most undesirable contracts in the front court. Good luck in Henny trading those 3 and goodbye to Orlando's rebuilding plans.

With Orlando's lineup right now, I believe they won't have that much of a hard time matching that 20-win record by the Nets.

Marshon Brooks, is also just a potential. He can be streaky at times but I got turned off when a defensive guard like Liggins(circa the orlando summer league game) shot him down and went 0-10. He can't create his own shot. Struggled to find his rhythm. He also led the Nets to have the worst record.... in the summer league!

Harkless natural post is SF. Orlando is pretty thin there(Turk, QRich), I just hope he can contribute immediately by taking advantage of the rotation. The center rotation would be given to Vucevic and Ayon with BBD probably also gonna to get some minutes.

For me, I want all the new guys to get some minutes to show what their capable of. It's expected that ORL wouldn't make the playoffs this year. I'd actually be happy if we even reach 30 wins. I just want ORL to focus on player development this year because there's too much to look forward to after next season.

Which brings us back to what Hennigan wants.  If he totally rebuilds from scratch, The returns for Brook Lopez would probably be a top 5-8 protected pick.  Humphries for a late 1st rounder... or both for a huge trade exception.  Afflalo would probably be 2 second round picks.  Vucevic late first rounder or 2nd round pick.  Harrington..... nothing but a filler for future trades.   ;D

If the Magic want to at least stay conpetitive, Lopez immidiately plugs a hole at center and Humphries at the 4.  You can have your 6th man in Big Baby.  If not, Lopez and Humphries would fetch more in the open market than Afflalo and Harrington will.
Afflalo's talent is rare. How many defensive shooting guards are there? And how many of them can score like Afflalo?

Vucevic was taken in the first round last season. I don't contest anything about Harrington but his contract is decent vs either Kardashian's or Lopez. Plus on a battle of rebounds between Harrington and Lopez, who are you gonna choose?  ;D

With Vucevic, you are banking on potential.  He may or may not pan out. Lopez right now is a starter-quality center.  He is already established.  The problem with Vucevic though is he seems to be soft.  Gortat and Asik are bangers.  Vucevic is more finesse in the mold of a Pau Gasol.  And in the NBA, a finesse center having success in today's game is rare.  And if you are going for potential, Houston's 1st round picks have more upside.  Royce White has been compared to the great Charles Barkley in both versatilty and quickness for his size.  Why settle on an Andre Iguodala/Trevor Ariza clone in Harkless when you can have Sir Charles.    :D

One thing you're forgetting though is there's a big difference between the picks the Nets and Rockets are willing to offer.  And these are unprotected lottery picks.  Picks from the Nets and Rockets still have a chance of landing Orlando the 1st to 3rd overall selections.

I agree on the Vucevic part. I just hope he pans out better than projected. I wouldn't say he's that soft. He has a good post game down low and rebounds well. His defense though needs tuning because I don't think he can defend properly without fouling.

Regarding the Houston trade, there might be something off which is why it didn't push through. Probably they aren't willing to take all of Orlando's garbage since they just offered Lin and Asik huge contracts. This is on top of giving up their rookies and good picks just to get Howard. We would never know the exact details since most were just rumors.

All in all, The highlight of the trade isn't just the picks and the pieces Orlando got but it's actually the financial flexibility they acquired to be able to sign all-star caliber free agents in the future. This along with the multitude of picks the Magic possess which includes their own first rounders, can hopefully make them forget about the dwightmare :)
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2012 at 07:42 PM by sientobente »

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1084 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 09:22 PM »
para sa akin ok lang magyabang basta meron naman ipagyayabang :-)

sa NBA siguro ok lang (not too much though) kaso when it comes to the olympics na ang pinopromote is sportsmanship and goodwill i'd like to see athletes to display a higher degree of respect for the game and not to diminish it into a bragging, trash talking playground pick up game.

kumbaga: "act like you've scored before."

my 2 cents

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1085 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 09:35 PM »
This how the protected draft picks work, an example would be the pick the magic got from the sixers. In the first year of it's eligibility, the sixers protects the top 11, if philly keeps the pick, then it rolls over the following year and they get to protect the top 8, if again philly gets the pick, the next year the protection expires. So that means, if it happens that Philly gets the Top 1 pick on that 3rd year where the draft right was rolled over, Orlando gets it. So yes, these picks Orlando got still has the chance of getting in the lottery even the Top 1. It's similar to the protected picks they got from LA and Denver although each vary in the level of agreement.

Although the Sixers got Bynum, they lost Iggy and Lou Williams.  Team chemistry is now a question.  The chances of the Sixers turning into a lottery team comes in the next couple of years...most especially in the first year when you integrate Bynum as the focal point of your offense.  That is why the Sixers are giving up a lottery protected pick.  They are aware of that.  The scenario that this deal makes them a lottery team is very real.  So they had to protect themselves for those initial 2 years.  Why wait for the third year to get the Sixers pick?  They got Bynum and that caliber of center alone is worthy of an unprotected pick.  Cohesion and team chemistry is not built overnight.  And that is when that pick is the most crucial the initial year of the deal.

Those picks are a lot better than a pick coming from a Howard+Deron+Wallace+Johnson dynasty where they will be dominating the East for quite some time leaving the magic with a very late first rounder. Those picks from the Nets will have 0% chance of landing in the lottery with that lineup unless Howard and Deron gets a career ending injury leaving the Nets in the bottom 14 ;D

Same scenario with the Sixers about team chemistry and cohesion although less likely to happen compared to the Sixers.  Like I said, chances are slim but it could still happen.

Lopez and Humphries were stat-padders on a bottom team. Brook's Foot is also a concern. Plus they are heavily overpaid. If you are rebuilding a team, you don't take on those types of players that will eat your cap space and just get 20 wins in return. Take a look at NJ's record since they got Broken Foot Lopez:
           W  L
11-12  22  44
10-11  24  58
09-10  12  70
08-09  34  48

Humphries won't do any better. There's a log jam in the PF post in Orlando and I like BBD's hustle more than the person voted as the most-hated NBA player in 2011. I also want ORL to showcase Andrew Nicholson as the backup PF, having Humphries will just hinder ANich's development. And yes, Humphries was part of that very successful 09-10 campaign of the Nets.

BL + KH along with Hedo's contract will make ORL have the league's most undesirable contracts in the front court. Good luck in Henny trading those 3 and goodbye to Orlando's rebuilding plans.

With Orlando's lineup right now, I believe they won't have that much of a hard time matching that 20-win record by the Nets.

NJ as a team simply sucked of course.   ;D  But not solely due to both Lopez and Humphries.  Make no mistake though, both are not franchise players.  But so are Harrington and Afflalo.  Also it is possible that Lopez and Humphries can produce the same kind of numbers in Orlando where Lopez immediately becomes your starting center and Humphries immediately at the 4 as well.  Adding Afflalo and Harrington would actually not produce better winning results.  Orlando could possibly do worse than the Nets' record you mentioned.  Also you are comparing Humphries with Big Baby.  Why should they be competing?  I was comparing Humphries with Harrington.  A BBD and Humphries combo is more productive than a BBD-Harrington combo.  Andrew Nicholson will get his minutes even if Humphries is there.  BBD more likely becomes Lopez's back up.

Regarding undesirable contracts, only Hedo would be hard to trade.  Lopez is a legit NBA starting center.  Lots of teams are willing to acquire him.  Humphries at that time is on the books for only a year at around 9M.  Next to cheap all-stars, expiring contracts are almost always in demand.  Orlando has time to evaluate the contributions of both players.  If they see they don't fit, management are not stuck with them.  They can certainly trade them by January.  What can you get for both?  Trade exceptions, more first round picks.  Both are not really hard to move.  NBA teams are required to spend a least amount of money.  Trade Lopez to the Bobcats, Warriors, Kings, etc....they will take him.  Specially teams that have cap space to do it.  In return you get a trade exception.  Humphries with just a one year contract is actually easier to move.  And he actually can play.  Certainly both in the open market will give you a better return than Afflalo and Harrington.

Marshon Brooks, is also just a potential. He can be streaky at times but I got turned off when a defensive guard like Liggins(circa the orlando summer league game) shot him down and went 0-10. He can't create his own shot. Struggled to find his rhythm. He also led the Nets to have the worst record.... in the summer league!

Harkless natural post is SF. Orlando is pretty thin there(Turk, QRich), I just hope he can contribute immediately by taking advantage of the rotation. The center rotation would be given to Vucevic and Ayon with BBD probably also gonna to get some minutes.

For me, I want all the new guys to get some minutes to show what their capable of. It's expected that ORL wouldn't make the playoffs this year. I'd actually be happy if we even reach 30 wins. I just want ORL to focus on player development this year because there's too much to look forward to after next season.
Afflalo's talent is rare. How many defensive shooting guards are there? And how many of them can score like Afflalo?

Afflalo's talents are not really hard to come by.  But a legit 7-footer that can score and rebound-some is harder to find.  There are several players that have basically the same skill-set.... Courtney Lee, Demar DeRozan, Manu Ginobili, James Harden, Andre Iguodala, Wesley Matthews, Jason Richardson.

Vucevic was taken in the first round last season. I don't contest anything about Harrington but his contract is decent vs either Kardashian's or Lopez. Plus on a battle of rebounds between Harrington and Lopez, who are you gonna choose?  ;D

If Harrington is retained, he still has 2 years and $15M left and at 32 is more on the side of overpaid than decent.  Humphries at 27 with a one year $9M deal I would believe is a lot easier to move.

I agree on the Vucevic part. I just hope he pans out better than projected. I wouldn't say he's that soft. He has a good post game down low and rebounds well. His defense though needs tuning because I don't think he can defend properly without fouling.

Regarding the Houston trade, there might be something off which is why it didn't push through. Probably they aren't willing to take all of Orlando's garbage since they just offered Lin and Asik huge contracts. This is on top of giving up their rookies and good picks just to get Howard. We would never know the exact details since most were just rumors.

Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.

The Rockets were willing to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.  So you can throw in Hedo, J-Rich, Duhon.  The Lin and Asik deals are dependent on their negotiations with Orlando.  If Houston got Howard, maybe only the Lin deal would have happened.

All in all, The highlight of the trade isn't just the picks and the pieces Orlando got but it's actually the financial flexibility they acquired to be able to sign all-star caliber free agents in the future. This along with the multitude of picks the Magic possess which includes their own first rounders, can hopefully make them forget about the dwightmare :)

The Houston picks are arguably better.  Royce White alone would have solved both the 3 and 4 positions attesting to his versatility.  You also have a potential starter at SG with Jeremy Lamb.  Financial flexibility would have still been achieved with a Houston trade and Orlando can still sign all-star free agents.  Then there is the bonus of getting rid of all bad contracts.  That's big!  Then the multitude of picks Houston presented are definitely better being unprotected.

But here's why those Houston picks are very salivating.  If Howard doesn't resign with the Rockets, Houston becomes a lottery team for years to come.  Now all those picks are lottery bound!   ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2012 at 09:40 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1086 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM »

pano naman maging mayabang ang team USA, i dont see them act arrogant on the court.

mas mayabang pa nga yung ibang team like France, Argentina, Spain. the move of nic batum when he punched navarro in the groin, you dont see anyone in the USA team do that. yung mga low blow ng argentina and their knack of always trying to instigate a fight. at sobrang reklamador and disrespectful ng mga other teams sa officials.

just because you are good on what you do, shooting the lights out in the 3 point line, slam dunks and alley oops does not make you "mayabang".

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1087 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM »
just because you are good on what you do, shooting the lights out in the 3 point line, slam dunks and alley oops does not make you "mayabang".

Well said bro,...

They just played at their very best,...

;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1088 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM »
Although the Sixers got Bynum, they lost Iggy and Lou Williams.  Team chemistry is now a question.  The chances of the Sixers turning into a lottery team comes in the next couple of years...most especially in the first year when you integrate Bynum as the focal point of your offense.  That is why the Sixers are giving up a lottery protected pick.  They are aware of that.  The scenario that this deal makes them a lottery team is very real.  So they had to protect themselves for those initial 2 years.  Why wait for the third year to get the Sixers pick?  They got Bynum and that caliber of center alone is worthy of an unprotected pick.  Cohesion and team chemistry is not built overnight.  And that is when that pick is the most crucial the initial year of the deal.
Good point. This is something we have to see. Aside from what was mentioned, I'm not sold on Bynum in carrying a team on his own. It's difficult to argue how those picks will turn out right now unless we have Madam Auring's awesome talents and see what's gonna happen in the future. Might as well get the winning numbers in the PCSO lottery  ;D

Also it is possible that Lopez and Humphries can produce the same kind of numbers in Orlando where Lopez immediately becomes your starting center and Humphries immediately at the 4 as well.  Adding Afflalo and Harrington would actually not produce better winning results.  Orlando could possibly do worse than the Nets' record you mentioned.  
Orlando is not on a win now mode. The miniature improvement Lopez and Humphries can do for the Magic is not worth taking their contract and suffer paying the luxury tax this season. They can just save the money and go full blast in the free agency from 2014 onwards.

Also you are comparing Humphries with Big Baby.  Why should they be competing?  I was comparing Humphries with Harrington.  A BBD and Humphries combo is more productive than a BBD-Harrington combo.  Andrew Nicholson will get his minutes even if Humphries is there.  BBD more likely becomes Lopez's back up.
Harrington was one of the fillers sent to ORL. I actually don't think he will be part of the rotation. He may be traded too. His and Turk's last year were only partially guaranteed which makes them a plausible trade bait. If they don't get traded this coming season, it may be their last unless the team needs their talents.

Regarding undesirable contracts, only Hedo would be hard to trade.  Lopez is a legit NBA starting center.  Lots of teams are willing to acquire him.  Humphries at that time is on the books for only a year at around 9M.  Next to cheap all-stars, expiring contracts are almost always in demand.  Orlando has time to evaluate the contributions of both players.  If they see they don't fit, management are not stuck with them.  They can certainly trade them by January.  What can you get for both?  Trade exceptions, more first round picks.  Both are not really hard to move.  NBA teams are required to spend a least amount of money.  Trade Lopez to the Bobcats, Warriors, Kings, etc....they will take him.  Specially teams that have cap space to do it.  In return you get a trade exception.  Humphries with just a one year contract is actually easier to move.  And he actually can play.  Certainly both in the open market will give you a better return than Afflalo and Harrington.
I wish things were easy for a GM to move players just like that.

Afflalo's talents are not really hard to come by.  But a legit 7-footer that can score and rebound-some is harder to find.  There are several players that have basically the same skill-set.... Courtney Lee, Demar DeRozan, Manu Ginobili, James Harden, Andre Iguodala, Wesley Matthews, Jason Richardson.
Sorry to cross-out some names. Harden is in my top 5 favorite players in the NBA, he's versatile, dynamic and a smart player who can play multiple positions but I don't see defense as one of his definite strengths.

I would agree CLee plays good defense, but I think that's just about it on his offense. I can't see him getting near the offense Afflalo brings which is a 50% difference. And I still hate him for missing those layups in the NBA Finals  :P

Don't even get me started with JRich  ;D There's a reason why he got traded.

If Harrington is retained, he still has 2 years and $15M left and at 32 is more on the side of overpaid than decent.  Humphries at 27 with a one year $9M deal I would believe is a lot easier to move.
Humphries' contract is $24M for 2 years in which both years are guaranteed. That's a killer.

The Rockets were willing to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.  So you can throw in Hedo, J-Rich, Duhon.  
I believe this where the deal didn't push through. Houston wouldn't like to take all those garbage in exchange for young guys and picks.

The Lin and Asik deals are dependent on their negotiations with Orlando.  If Houston got Howard, maybe only the Lin deal would have happened.
They gave the offer sheet to Lin prior to releasing Scola. Asik's offer sheet came in just a couple of days after Luis was gone which is in the middle of the trade rumors with ORL. It seemed Houston was intent to get Lin, Asik and Howard all together.

The Houston picks are arguably better.  
I actually agree. These picks are better than what ORL got right now.

Royce White alone would have solved both the 3 and 4 positions attesting to his versatility.  You also have a potential starter at SG with Jeremy Lamb.  Financial flexibility would have still been achieved with a Houston trade and Orlando can still sign all-star free agents.  Then there is the bonus of getting rid of all bad contracts.  That's big!  Then the multitude of picks Houston presented are definitely better being unprotected.
From what I read, the players Orlando were interested in was Parsons and Lamb. These are the players Houston isn't keen in trading to the Magic.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM by sientobente »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1089 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:13 AM »
Good point. This is something we have to see. Aside from what was mentioned, I'm not sold on Bynum in carrying a team on his own. It's difficult to argue how those picks will turn out right now unless we have Madam Auring's awesome talents and see what's gonna happen in the future. Might as well get the winning numbers in the PCSO lottery  ;D

True.  But still Sixers management had the foresight to know it was possible.  And they were shrewd enough to protect that pick in the event that would happen.  Also Bynum isn't a lock to resign.  So that pick could possibly be lottery bound.

Orlando is not on a win now mode. The miniature improvement Lopez and Humphries can do for the Magic is not worth taking their contract and suffer paying the luxury tax this season. They can just save the money and go full blast in the free agency from 2014 onwards.

That is why Houston's offer was world's better than what Hennigan eventually received.

Harrington was one of the fillers sent to ORL. I actually don't think he will be part of the rotation. He may be traded too. His and Turk's last year were only partially guaranteed which makes them a plausible trade bait. If they don't get traded this coming season, it may be their last unless the team needs their talents.
I wish things were easy for a GM to move players just like that.

Yeah but wouldn't Houston's offer take care of those?  They wouldn't have to worry about who would accept Hedo.  Now instead of just worrying how to move Hedo, you add Harrington to you headaches.   ;D

Sorry to cross-out some names. Harden is in my top 5 favorite players in the NBA, he's versatile, dynamic and a smart player who can play multiple positions but I don't see defense as one of his definite strengths.

I would agree CLee plays good defense, but I think that's just about it on his offense. I can't see him getting near the offense Afflalo brings which is a 50% difference. And I still hate him for missing those layups in the NBA Finals  :P

Don't even get me started with JRich  ;D There's a reason why he got traded.

My point is that Afflalo's skill set isn't really that rare.  There will always be the same type of player in almost every draft or every other draft unlike a center.

Humphries' contract is $24M for 2 years in which both years are guaranteed. That's a killer.

Obviously a deal w/ the Nets wouldn't work now.  But at the time when Brooklyn wasn't dead set on resigning Humphries, he would be part of the package involving a sign and trade.  Humphries would resign for 1 year at $9M.  Since the Nets decided to keep him, that's the time he re-upped for 2 years at $24M.

I believe this where the deal didn't push through. Houston wouldn't like to take all those garbage in exchange for young guys and picks.

Like I said, Houston's final offer included taking all those garbage contracts the Magic were willing to give away.   ;D

From what I read, the players Orlando were interested in was Parsons and Lamb. These are the players Houston isn't keen in trading to the Magic.

Lamb was included in the package Houston was offering to Orlando along with the other 2 first round picks.  As for Parsons, you have the chance to acquire the best center in the NBA today.  I don't think Parsons is a deal breaker.   I mean c'mon!   ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #1090 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 07:06 AM »
Bottomline, the MAGIC's Hennigan passed-over deals with the ROCKETS and NETS ..... only to take a very weak deal (4-team trade).

The ROCKETS' trade proposal would have provided the draft-picks and salary cap flexibility which Hennigan wanted.

It's almost consensus among NBA beat-writers, that the MAGIC got very poor returns for trading away the league's best big.

Hennigan could've even waited til the next trade moratorium, where it's almost guaranteed that there'll be far more lucrative proposals.

It's clear that Hennigan caved-in, being a rookie GM ..... or he was pressured by ownership to trade Howard before training camp begins.

Either way, it's his name and signature that will be forever be associated with trading away Howard for very poor returns.

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1091 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 09:08 AM »
pano naman maging mayabang ang team USA, i dont see them act arrogant on the court.

mas mayabang pa nga yung ibang team like France, Argentina, Spain. the move of nic batum when he punched navarro in the groin, you dont see anyone in the USA team do that. yung mga low blow ng argentina and their knack of always trying to instigate a fight. at sobrang reklamador and disrespectful ng mga other teams sa officials.

tama sir..pati yung siko sa dibdib ni navarro (yata) kay chandler..nakit niyo yun?

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1092 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 09:29 AM »

Yes, totally agree.  By nature, I think Americans are cocky and may seem arrogant.  They have "loud" voices and are very assertive.  That's who they are.  But yes, they never played dirty or hit anyone below the belt, or above the neck ala Metta World Peace ;D.  In fact, team USA have been recipients of cheap shots like how Argentinian guard Facundo Campazzo hit Melo in the groin while taking a 3 point shot.  But never did team USA retaliate with similar cheap shots.

I remember my ex boss who once said, "Yun magaling na humble, okay yun.  Yun mayabang na magaling, blessed yun.  Yun mayabang na hindi magaling, sinumpa yun!"

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2228
« Reply #1093 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 09:44 AM »
Kse madami silang tattoo  ;D!
My wife who hates basketball watched with me the spain vs US game. Sabi nya ang yayabang daw ng US team kakainis, kawawa daw si Gasol tinusok sa mata ni lebron  ;D! Kse spain ako kaya spain na din sya kaya pikon na pikon natalo  ;D.

Pero seriously, true me pagyabang naman talaga kse nga magagaling. I just don't want pinoys to follow in their 'cockiness' or shall I say natural antics, kse nga wala naman tayong panama. Sadly, just watch pinoy players always imitating NBA players... ayun laging pinupulot sa kangkungan in international games.

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012 at 09:46 AM by thebat »
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1094 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM »
That is why Houston's offer was world's better than what Hennigan eventually received.

Yeah but wouldn't Houston's offer take care of those?  They wouldn't have to worry about who would accept Hedo.  Now instead of just worrying how to move Hedo, you add Harrington to you headaches.   ;D

Like I said, Houston's final offer included taking all those garbage contracts the Magic were willing to give away.   ;D

Lamb was included in the package Houston was offering to Orlando along with the other 2 first round picks.  As for Parsons, you have the chance to acquire the best center in the NBA today.  I don't think Parsons is a deal breaker.   I mean c'mon!   ;D

Where did you ever see a credible trade proposal from the news? All were rumors and were according to their "reliable" sources. Where does it say that Houston was willing to take all of JRich, Duhon and Turkoglu's contract? The last few proposals "rumored" were Houston taking Davis, Richardson and probably Duhon. That's one of the deal breakers taking Davis instead of Turkoglu. Davis is a fan favorite in Orlando. He has been seen as a positive influence for the new guys in the team. Taking a desired player in the team instead of losing an unwanted garbage isn't something you want in a trade if you are losing the best center in the league. Parsons too will fit Orlando better since he plays SF and would replace Turk while White will be an underutilized PF. And again, if it's a trade proposal that makes the most sense, then it's foolish for Henny not to take it. He should have been fired by now for making a costly mistake.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM by sientobente »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1095 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM »
Bottomline, the MAGIC's Hennigan passed-over deals with the ROCKETS and NETS ..... only to take a very weak deal (4-team trade).

The ROCKETS' trade proposal would have provided the draft-picks and salary cap flexibility which Hennigan wanted.

It's almost consensus among NBA beat-writers, that the MAGIC got very poor returns for trading away the league's best big.

Hennigan could've even waited til the next trade moratorium, where it's almost guaranteed that there'll be far more lucrative proposals.

It's clear that Hennigan caved-in, being a rookie GM ..... or he was pressured by ownership to trade Howard before training camp begins.

Either way, it's his name and signature that will be forever be associated with trading away Howard for very poor returns.

These so called beat writers were the ones who voted for Tyson Chandler to become the Defensive Player of the Year only for him to be relegated to the 2nd all-defensive team. Just shows the level of crap these writers are giving us  ;)

The immediate effects of this trade doesn't really favor Orlando but long term wise it's good enough. As I said in my previous posts, you can never get an equal value in trading the best center in the league. The trades you make should be in accordance to your long term plans not immediate gratifications   :D
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM by sientobente »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #1096 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM »
These so called beat writers were the ones who voted for Tyson Chandler to become the Defensive Player of the Year only for him to be relegated to the 2nd all-defensive team. Just shows the level of crap these writers are giving us  ;)

The immediate effects of this trade doesn't really favor Orlando but long term wise it's good enough. As I said in my previous posts, you can never get an equal value in trading the best center in the league. The trades you make should be in accordance to your long term plans not immediate gratifications   :D

I agree ..... trading the league's best center can never get anyone, equal value in return.

The MAGIC's Hennigan will want what he deems necessary to move forward - and that is picks and cap flexibility ...... the ROCKETS' offer was clearly the better deal (not necessarily the best deal) compared to what the MAGIC got from the recent 4-team trade .... in this regard, the criticism on Hennigan is warranted. 

Hennigan could have even waited til the next trade moratorium ..... it's a given that more trade proposals will shoot-up by then.

Bottomline, the MAGIC had the player that everyone wanted and will trade for (if possible) ...... very clear that Hennigan got weak returns for the huge asset that he traded away.

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1097 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 02:15 PM »
Yes, totally agree.  By nature, I think Americans are cocky and may seem arrogant.  They have "loud" voices and are very assertive.  That's who they are.  But yes, they never played dirty or hit anyone below the belt, or above the neck ala Metta World Peace ;D.  In fact, team USA have been recipients of cheap shots like how Argentinian guard Facundo Campazzo hit Melo in the groin while taking a 3 point shot.  But never did team USA retaliate with similar cheap shots.

I remember my ex boss who once said, "Yun magaling na humble, okay yun.  Yun mayabang na magaling, blessed yun.  Yun mayabang na hindi magaling, sinumpa yun!"

"Yun magaling na humble, okay yun (Lebron). Yung mayabang na magaling, blessed yun (Kobe). Yun mayabang na hindi magaling, sinumpa yun!" (sino kaya to?).

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1098 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 02:50 PM »
^ meron din "mayabang na magaling pero tatanga tanga". ;D

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1099 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 04:01 PM »
Can't decide which team i'll root for the next NBA season.. is it time for another one for Kobe before he retires then pass on the Lakers legacy to Dwight?

I'm sure di na siya lalaro sa 2016 Brazil Olympics.. tingin niyo kaya pa?

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1100 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 04:10 PM »
Can't decide which team i'll root for the next NBA season.. is it time for another one for Kobe before he retires then pass on the Lakers legacy to Dwight?

Kobe will retire
he'll play baseball after his NBA career is over

;D :D

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1101 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 04:17 PM »
Kobe will retire
he'll play baseball after his NBA career is over

;D :D

hahahaha! wag naman :) talagang sinundan si Jordan eh noh? sana maging active pa din siya sa Lakers office or maybe it's a start of a coaching career? hehe!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1102 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 05:18 PM »
Where did you ever see a credible trade proposal from the news? All were rumors and were according to their "reliable" sources. Where does it say that Houston was willing to take all of JRich, Duhon and Turkoglu's contract? The last few proposals "rumored" were Houston taking Davis, Richardson and probably Duhon. That's one of the deal breakers taking Davis instead of Turkoglu. Davis is a fan favorite in Orlando. He has been seen as a positive influence for the new guys in the team. Taking a desired player in the team instead of losing an unwanted garbage isn't something you want in a trade if you are losing the best center in the league. Parsons too will fit Orlando better since he plays SF and would replace Turk while White will be an underutilized PF. And again, if it's a trade proposal that makes the most sense, then it's foolish for Henny not to take it. He should have been fired by now for making a costly mistake.

Report came from Adrian Wojnarowski.  The same guy who broke the news about Howard in the 4-team trade before anybody even heard of it.  I mean you can't get anymore reliable than that.

Well consensus from blogs and reporters do consider Hennigan foolish.  It would be enlightening though to see an article considering Henny's move as brilliant.   ;D  I haven't read any so far though.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1103 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 05:31 PM »
pachamba chamba lang yan si DorKnaworski...
madalas pang "Biased" ang mga articles kaya di ko rin siya binabasa.  

:-X

Charles Rosen ng NBA.com dati sa FoxSports lang ang alam ko so far may alam sa Basketball/Analysis

sa Rumors, sa ESPN madalas mas tama.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012 at 05:32 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1104 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:03 PM »

Go Spo for next season. :)

Wade
Allen
Battier
LeBron
Bosh

How do teams Defend/play with this line up again? ;D

Pick one and tell how :)

1. Lakers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Celtics
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:06 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1105 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:20 PM »
cgurado exciting mga games next season  :)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1106 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:26 PM »
Report came from Adrian Wojnarowski.  The same guy who broke the news about Howard in the 4-team trade before anybody even heard of it.  I mean you can't get anymore reliable than that.

Well consensus from blogs and reporters do consider Hennigan foolish.  It would be enlightening though to see an article considering Henny's move as brilliant.   ;D  I haven't read any so far though.

AdrianWoj? Reliable? :o Yes he may get the credit by being the first one to release that news but let me show you some excerpts from his old tweets:

@WojYahooNBA report that Hornets get Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom from the Lakers for Chris Paul.

‏@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources: Knicks emerge as frontrunners for free agent Steve Nash.

@WojYahooNBA Lin's a restricted free agent, and Knicks are to match an offer sheet.

@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources: As Orlando explores deals for Dwight Howard, the Lakers' Andrew Bynum has emerged as franchise's focus.

@WojYahooNBA Dallas is leaning strongly toward taking St. Bonaventure's Andrew Nicholson with the 17th pick, league source tells Y!

All of which didn't happen and wasn't true especially the last two. Dallas let Andrew Nicholson go to the 19th pick and Bynum has never been Orlando's preferred acquisition, they might have given it a thought but the cons are too much in getting him.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:28 PM by sientobente »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1107 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:28 PM »
^ he's just Stephen A. 2.0.

Biased Analysis, No nothing about Basketball(?) and Rumor Dork.

Adrian Dorknarowski :-X

:D
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:28 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1108 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:32 PM »
Hahaha. Yeah those ESPN guys reports a lot of bull. They should be renamed BSPN for all the crap they are feeding us  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1109 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 06:49 PM »
AdrianWoj? Reliable? :o Yes he may get the credit by being the first one to release that news but let me show you some excerpts from his old tweets:

@WojYahooNBA report that Hornets get Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom from the Lakers for Chris Paul.

‏@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources: Knicks emerge as frontrunners for free agent Steve Nash.

@WojYahooNBA Lin's a restricted free agent, and Knicks are to match an offer sheet.

@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources: As Orlando explores deals for Dwight Howard, the Lakers' Andrew Bynum has emerged as franchise's focus.

@WojYahooNBA Dallas is leaning strongly toward taking St. Bonaventure's Andrew Nicholson with the 17th pick, league source tells Y!

All of which didn't happen and wasn't true especially the last two. Dallas let Andrew Nicholson go to the 19th pick and Bynum has never been Orlando's preferred acquisition, they might have given it a thought but the cons are too much in getting him.

Hahaha!  Good ones.  Doesn't necessarily mean that his inside info on the Howard trade was unreliable though.

You didn't get what I mean.  Reliable in the sense that since he broke the news about the Howard trade, then past info must have certainly been accurate.  Thus the reference to Adrian being the first to report it.